Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleTacticalBongRip
Curious Observer
 User Gallery

Re: Let students take drugs to boost brainpower, says leading academic [UK] [Re: TreeMoss]
    #9542498 - 01/04/09 08:03 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

The reason I ask is I have been reading a book about some of the LSD studies that went on before it was banned by the government for research purposes, and one of the female psychiatrists talked about using Ritalin in conjunction with LSD to help patients move past mental blockages of some sort. The book is called Higher Wisdom and it is a compilation of recently gathered thoughts from psychedelic researchers, in case you were interested.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTreeMoss
I live in a Fox Hole

Re: Let students take drugs to boost brainpower, says leading academic [UK] [Re: TacticalBongRip]
    #9551391 - 01/05/09 02:19 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

I don't see why Ritalin and LSD would be a good combo....although I did have a pretreatment of blue lotus extract before LSD and wow, it was super duper powerful.

Blue lotus is a dopamine agonist and boy did it alter the affects of LSD.

--------------------
Drug chemicals are going to be more abundant and survive longer than any anti-drug agendas.  Some of us are just ahead of the game, we already know what the future will understand.  Drugs weren't bad but how some people used them were and some people just were bad because they had to be.

Offlinepsilyguy
 User Gallery

Re: Let students take drugs to boost brainpower, says leading academic [UK] [Re: TreeMoss]
    #9551933 - 01/05/09 04:03 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

If you take some mushies snort a line or two of coke and smoke some pot it kinda feels closer to LSD

OfflineTreeMoss
I live in a Fox Hole

Re: Let students take drugs to boost brainpower, says leading academic [UK] [Re: psilyguy]
    #9551996 - 01/05/09 04:15 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Well it depends on what acid feels like......I have had it feel different over many trips......I remember how one gel felt, it was very nice.  I woke up the other day remembering that really neat feeling, sometimes I have had creepy feelings (first time) and I have had it's there feelings then something really special about that one gel.

Saying something feels like acid is just to define in a round about way...

--------------------
Drug chemicals are going to be more abundant and survive longer than any anti-drug agendas.  Some of us are just ahead of the game, we already know what the future will understand.  Drugs weren't bad but how some people used them were and some people just were bad because they had to be.

Offlinepsilyguy
 User Gallery

#9552048 - 01/05/09 04:25 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

no i mean it provides similar effects. you are talking about things related to set and setting and emotional stuff.

OfflineTreeMoss
I live in a Fox Hole

Re: Let students take drugs to boost brainpower, says leading academic [UK] [Re: psilyguy]
    #9552086 - 01/05/09 04:31 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Well, yes and no......it's really hard to say why LSD varies so much or why mushrooms.......but I don't really get speedy LSD trips anymore

soo, ya cocaine wouldn't really make me feel that but I COULD THINK IT!

Makes sense?  I'm not trying to argue either, just that defining drugs is a stupid part of science as far as experience goes.....people ether find things in common or they don't...but ya you might have thought that it was similar just because you thought it and it stuck.....but not that if I wanted a particular feeling from acid that trying that combo would work......or even eating acid to have that past feeling, it's to variable.

Some people such as a newbie or someone trying to sell shit might say that fungus is like acid......but we know it just isn't.

--------------------

Offlinepsilyguy
 User Gallery

#9552176 - 01/05/09 04:42 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

you don't appear to be understanding what i am saying. that combination gives more similar effects to LSD than mushrooms alone. simple statement that isn't some big secret. its not some placebo thing. im talking about effects not experience. the psychedelic experiences varies so much because every experience is different, its not rocket science. that and you wouldn't know unless you tried it, so go try it and tell me the effects of mushrooms alone are closer to LSD.

OfflineTreeMoss
I live in a Fox Hole

#9552194 - 01/05/09 04:45 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Well, I have smoked pot on shrooms and I have done cocaine but separate and I just can't see the cocaine making it more like acid.....not that it wasn't for you.....just that for me acid is just very unique.

--------------------

Offlinepsilyguy
 User Gallery

#9552255 - 01/05/09 04:53 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

you are reading too deep into what im saying. im not saying at all the the combo can replace acid exactly. the effects are closer to lsd than shrooms alone, the effects, effects, like a list of effects. its shallow man. it is what i said, theres no hidden meaning to it.

OfflineTreeMoss
I live in a Fox Hole

#9552404 - 01/05/09 05:15 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

I think you are being to deep about it.........it is what it is, cocaine, mushrooms and cannabis.......people do say that cannabis is like LSD at times......but your not describing what it's causing that is like acid so I really don't have anything to agree on...

To me a hallucination just isn't going to be like this or that unless from this or that.........but feelings are feelings so, well; there ya go!

--------------------

Offlineconfusion
ProfessionalNovice
Male User Gallery

Re: Let students take drugs to boost brainpower, says leading academic [UK] [Re: filthee]
    #9558375 - 01/06/09 03:43 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Let's make the children shutup, give 'em ritalin, make of smarter, givem 'em ritalin, and what will ritalin cure next? Not that all of it isn't helpful for said uses, but I think everyone should have to suffer through the terrible torture of term papers and homework. Children have a hard time using drugs properly, why put more drugs in the hands of children to treat something that doesn't need to be treated?

Offlinepsilyguy
 User Gallery

Re: Let students take drugs to boost brainpower, says leading academic [UK] [Re: confusion]
    #9558758 - 01/06/09 04:46 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Huh, I at first just assumed it was referring to college students and not children, but I guess it doesn't specify that does it?

InvisibleveggieM

#9558837 - 01/06/09 04:58 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Yes, Professor Harris is referring to college students.

OfflineRedDevil420
Antichrist

Re: Let students take drugs to boost brainpower, says leading academic [UK] [Re: veggie]
    #9559196 - 01/06/09 05:57 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

well, im in college and if the students aren't lazy it IS easily possible to pass without ritalin.  its easy enough when you're fried and lazy..  either way its just gonna get abused and why would you give that garbage to anyone?  stuff is so bad for you, who really wants abnormal bleeding? lmao

--------------------
I'm Just Making This All Up.
Grains In Glass Jars With Professional Filters FTW.
Coir Monotubs FTW.
Sterile Technique FTW.
Fan dry, Desiccant storage FTW.
Ralphster's Spores FTW.

Mushroom Cloud - Dirtball

Offlinenimnimnim
Loc: sweden
Re: Let students take drugs to boost brainpower, says leading academic [UK] [Re: RedDevil420]
    #9563958 - 01/07/09 11:34 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

may be captain obvious here but what struck me is that one emergent problem of this may likely be that in demanding, competitive schools the standards may be offset to the higher level of the previous standard-setting student now taking performance increasing drugs. (how could they not?)

pretty sucky situation for any student that due to medicinal idiosyncharcy simply cannot take these substances in-case such a hole to fall in can be found (quite possible as even though there may be alternatives, perhaps all of them won't be approved by the education system?)

and maybe the propagation of these products onto the educational culture by the pharmaceutical industry possibly will not make it a single episodic story :/
and when the gates are opened, who knows what ulterior means may be pushed onto the student population via the pharmaceuticals... :/
any situation in society where arbitrary medication is a standard sounds like a great opportunity for big brother...
but then.. we eat lots of unprescribed pills like vitamins and minerals which we've actually no basis for trust in.
but in any case, this seems like a perfect gateway for industry to corrupt what should be a (semi)ideal institution.

in an ideal situation where schools did what they could to adapt to and help every individual reach their personal potentials in a greater extent than to produce a competition culture based on scarcity, I'd be all for this.

--------------------
:pes:

Edited by nimnimnim (01/07/09 11:43 AM)

OfflineRedDevil420
Antichrist

Re: Let students take drugs to boost brainpower, says leading academic [UK] [Re: nimnimnim]
    #9565097 - 01/07/09 03:05 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

I'd say proper diet and regular exercise, along with even a basic interest in the topic should be enough for anyone.  It will do basically the same as ritalin, without health risks.  Drugs are supposed to be used to fix a problem.. not to fix laziness.  This is no better than giving crack to babies.

--------------------
Coir Monotubs FTW.
Sterile Technique FTW.
Ralphster's Spores FTW.

OfflineTreeMoss
I live in a Fox Hole

Re: Let students take drugs to boost brainpower, says leading academic [UK] [Re: RedDevil420]
    #9565138 - 01/07/09 03:11 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

RedDevil420 said:
I'd say proper diet and regular exercise, along with even a basic interest in the topic should be enough for anyone.  It will do basically the same as ritalin, without health risks.  Drugs are supposed to be used to fix a problem.. not to fix laziness.  This is no better than giving crack to babies.

I agree with the first part but not the crack and babies...really, some people just daydream to much and a drug like that would help but is it worth the risks to mental health......well, in today's world it might be if the mental health isn't that much of a risk for you....weed helps some people with attention problems too, but you may notice things that really don't make life easier......

--------------------

OfflineRedDevil420
Antichrist

#9585017 - 01/10/09 06:21 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

mental and physical health problems.  it has been known to give holes in the heart, and also other things like your heart goes about 4 times as fast as its supposed to sometimes..  really scary when it happens actually.

--------------------
Coir Monotubs FTW.
Sterile Technique FTW.
Ralphster's Spores FTW.

OfflineScavengerType
Male User Gallery

Loc: The North
    #9585312 - 01/10/09 07:17 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

yea I think I will forgo it's use because it sounds... how should I say this, insane. I did use caffeine and ephedrine while doing school for a time and I think they had little side effects (none I noticed). Though I don't think they were much more effective than a cup of coffee and paying attention.

Incidentally I studied the social sciences and what I found improved my mark the most was just vindicating my teacher's opinions in essays (not class time though cause I wouldn't get marks for that). I would take notes of key opinions of the teacher and base essays around them. Believe it or not they are much easier to write and get much better marks. I mean how hard is it to convince someone to believe their own opinion? And whatever rationalizations you add that they may not have occurred to them before seem completely insightful. I only ever did this for half a year though and found that I wasn't getting an education from it. In fact, my schooling was just a dumb exercise in hoop-jumping that I was doing while doing my own study on the side. If I could've kept this up I would have probibly gotten scholarships and finished a BA or masters degree.

--------------------
"Have you ever seen what happens when a grenade goes off in a school? Do you really know what you’re doing when you order shock and awe? Are you prepared to kneel beside a dying soldier and tell him why he went to Iraq, or why he went to any war?"
"The things that are done in the name of the shareholder are, to me, as terrifying as the things that are done—dare I say it—in the name of God. Montesquieu said, "There have never been so many civil wars as in the Kingdom of God." And I begin to feel that’s true. The shareholder is the excuse for everything."
- Author and former M6/M5 agent John le Carré on Democracy Now.
Conquer's Club

OfflineRedDevil420
Antichrist

Re: Let students take drugs to boost brainpower, says leading academic [UK] [Re: ScavengerType]
    #9585607 - 01/10/09 08:14 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

wow.. good idea man!  im definately using that to make essays.. if i ever have to write another one..

--------------------
Coir Monotubs FTW.
Sterile Technique FTW.
Ralphster's Spores FTW.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag