Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Offlinepostalboy
I'm not myfucking khaki's!
Loc: My tiny corner of the pad...
Discussion: The Illuminatus Trilogy
    #953159 - 10/28/02 09:50 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Ok this series is all about total mindfuckery.  It was written byt Robert Shea and Robert Anton Wilson.  I have never seen anybody mention this on here while mentioning RAW.  I have read the first book and I just started on the second.  It is about the Illuminati (obviously) but it is such a perfect blend of conspiracy, fact, paranoia, drugs, consciousness altering, sex and more conspiracy.  I have been totally and forever altered by this book.  I seriously recommend this book to any who like to think while reading. 

I also think it would be a great discussion book but it may be too difficult to discuss rationally.    The book is just written so chaotically that any attempt to rationalize it would fail.  But if any one is interested I am ready to attempt it.  :smile: 

--------------------
"You people voted for Hubert Humphrey, and you killed Jesus." F and L in L.V.

Edited by OracleOfDelphi (10/12/02 01:13 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
OfflineDiscordja
Pope

Loc: Atlantic Canada
Re: The Illuminatus Trilogy [Re: postalboy]
    #999406 - 10/28/02 09:50 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

If anyone knows Discordia , I hope she will join us.

Serves me right for picking a goddess handle, but this she is a he.  Hold on, let me check...yep, still there.  Hi boys.  :tongue:

Irregardless, yah yah, I'm in, and thanks for the hope.  I was thinking about reading The Illuminatus again.  Sounds like a good excuse.

If anyone wants to familiarize themselves with the nuts and dolts of Discordianism, try www.23ae.com (The 23 Apples of Eris Cabal).  Its another wacked out cadre of Discordians and similar fools I'm proud to be a dismember of.

Take a deep breath...try not to feel overwhelmed.  Go to the sidebar, click on Scriptures.  Scroll down until you see 'The Principia Discordia'.  Read.  Enjoy.  If you feel a gentle throb in the middle of your forhead, that's just your pineal gland waking up.  Give it a little poke...you know, just to say hello. 

--------------------
Remember, it's only true if it makes you laugh...

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order