Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineRoy
Stranger

Loc: Eastern USA
Re: connecticut mushrooms from the summer and fall, little ID help anyone? [Re: luke2000]
    #9519015 - 12/30/08 04:18 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

9 is hard to tell, 13 is Tyromyces, 26 looks like Rozites caperata

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineN2loma
Foaming Pipe Snake
Male User Gallery

Re: connecticut mushrooms from the summer and fall, little ID help anyone? [Re: DannyGlick]
    #9519658 - 12/30/08 06:13 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

DannyGlick said:
Well you did.:grin:

Think #22 is a Lepista species?

It reminds me of pale (un)aborted Entolomas I found this year. I have pics in my gallery for comparison. However, my specimens had more gray to them.

--------------------
"So can you tell me what exactly does freedom mean/
If I'm not free to be as twisted as I wanna be" -Divide by Disturbed

Good Guitars Don't Cry

Invisiblecactu
culture and magic
Male

Loc: mexicoelcentrodelconocimi...
Trusted Identifier
Re: connecticut mushrooms from the summer and fall, little ID help anyone? [Re: luke2000]
    #9519815 - 12/30/08 06:39 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

nice pictures

--------------------

cuando una rafaga del pensamiento nos pasa  al lado se puede sentir  que valio  la pena  haber vivido, y cuando ese pensamiento se  convierte en sueño no paramos de soñar hasta realizarlo

InvisibleCureCat
Strangest
 User Gallery

Loc: clawing your furniture
Trusted Identifier
Re: connecticut mushrooms from the summer and fall, little ID help anyone? [Re: jimmyinct]
    #9521479 - 12/31/08 12:01 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

#1  Could be the Berkeley Polypore, Bondarzewia berkeleyi, but we need a more detailed, closer photo.
Nice dog though!  wire-haired Jack Russell?

#2  Could certainly be Strobilomyces floccopus, but we would need to see the underside to verify.

#3  Looks like Sparassis crispa, the Cauliflower Mushroom.  Good call.

#4  Pholiota looks like a match.

#5  Could be Grifola frondosa, Hen of the Woods, or the similar looking Meripilus giganteus.

#6  Is probably one of the Laetiporus species (Chicken of the Woods), but closer shots of the underside would help to be sure.
Not sure about that red mushroom in the photo, maybe a Hydnellum species, but I couldn't say.

#7  Is Omphalotus illudens, as you guessed, the Jack-O-Lantern.  They do glow in the Dark!!  But not if you put them in the blender or the microwave...

#8  Heh!  Could be a lot of things as far as I am concerned!  Call it whatever, but I'd like to see a MUCH closer photo before deciding what it is.

#9  The photo is far to obscure, I can't tell what I am looking at.  I can't see if it has a stem, pores, gills, teeth, etc.  You'll need photos of the mushroom at more angles to begin to guess.  What I can tell you, is that it is orange or maybe yellow.

#10  Yes, Armillaria sp., Honey Mushroom.

#11  Yes again, immature Armillaria sp..

#12  Yes, Pycnoporus cinnabarinus.

#13  Oligoporus sp.

#14  Cortinarius iodes, as you suggested, or another similar species.

#15  Russula sp.

#16  Certainly looks like Cantharellus tubaeformis, known as Yellow Foot or Winter Chanterelle.

#17  Phyllotopsis nidulans, they smell nasty.

#18  Yes, M. procera.

#19  Actually, those are the malformed fruiting bodies of an Armillaria species that has been parasitized by E. abortivum mycelium.  Read more here:
http://botit.botany.wisc.edu/toms_fungi/sep2006.html

#20  Yeah, definitely one of the Suillus species.

#21  Maybe Tricholoma sp.

#22  Maybe Hebeloma sp.

#23  Lycogala epidendrum, Wolf's Milk or ToothPaste Slime Mould.

#24  E. abortivum looks good.

#25  Yes, another species of Armillaria, maybe A. gallica.

#26  Hmm...  Not familiar with this species, but Rozites caperata looks like a match.

#27  Yeah, one of the various purple Cortinarius.

#28  Yep, P. squamosus.

#29  Russula sp..

#30  More Honey Mushrooms, Armillaria sp..

--------------------

Offlinejimmyinct
Stranger
Re: connecticut mushrooms from the summer and fall, little ID help anyone? [Re: CureCat]
    #9527780 - 01/01/09 02:30 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

wow Curecat!
i really appreicate your time and effort

yup, "girlie" is a wirehair, now called parson russell terrier
she needs lots of exercise off the leash which is why we do hikes deep in the woods.

I dont have any other photos of the mushrooms posted other than what i took.  In some ways, i dont like distrubting the mushroom just to take the underside shot.  I dunno.I can post more similar species though which do have bottom photos.

I updated all the photos with links and gave credit.
Ill be spending time trying to further evalute them to figure out the keys to ID later.

much appreciated.

Offlinejimmyinct
Stranger
Re: connecticut mushrooms from the summer and fall, little ID help anyone? [Re: jimmyinct]
    #9527795 - 01/01/09 02:33 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

okay, i added a few more, if anyone can help, it woudl be great
numbers 32 to 43 are new.

InvisibleCureCat
Strangest
 User Gallery

Loc: clawing your furniture
Trusted Identifier
    #9527903 - 01/01/09 02:57 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Jimmy, can I suggest you make a new thread for the new photos?  Usually when people see thirty photos of different mushrooms in the first post, they either are overwhelmed, or don't want to wait for it to load.  In my experience, you get more replies if you spread things out into new threads.  Just a suggestion.

Also, here are some useful websites that helped me learn how to ID mushrooms and just learn cool shit about them in general:

www.mushroomexpert.com

www.mykoweb.com/caf

www.rogersmushrooms.com

http://botit.botany.wisc.edu/toms_fungi/fotm.html

--------------------

Offlinejimmyinct
Stranger
Re: connecticut mushrooms from the summer and fall, little ID help anyone? [Re: CureCat]
    #9528020 - 01/01/09 03:33 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

ok, will do it in a little bit

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies