Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineEM455
Dominican newbie
Female User Gallery

Loc: Santo Domingo, Dominican ...
Storage of seeds and extracts. and grow guides info please
    #9524258 - 12/31/08 03:37 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Hello! I just got some amanita extract, salvia extract, and some seeds (cacti seeds, HBWR, morning glory, datura, banisteriopsis caapi)for christmas :laugh:. I was wondering how to store all that. does the rule Dry and dark apply here?
For now all the seeds are in individual little plastic bags (similar to ziplock bags but small), then those little bags are all into a bigger bag (ziplock bag, supposely vacuum sealed, you know the ones that come with a pump so you can extract extra air off the bag); then the bigger bag is in a container and the container in a shoe box which I plan to put in a small closet. The extracts are in the same container but in a different '' big bag'', and each extract is in its own little bag inside the big one.

Is that enough? should I add some silica gel baggies into the shoe box?
Do different seeds need different temperatures for storage?

An other issue I'd like to disguss is where to find detailed grow guides. I haven't found many good ones (specially for caapi) and the ones I've found seem to be specific for certain climates different to mine. I live in dominican republic, a tropical iland, there are no stations here (you know the four, stations, summer, winter,spring, fall etc). So when a guide says do this in summer then do this in winter it's kinda confusing :S

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineCactusdan
Patecatl
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
Re: Storage of seeds and extracts. and grow guides info please [Re: EM455]
    #9524387 - 12/31/08 04:12 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

As long as there in a cool, dry, dark place they should be ok, just make sure not to leave them sitting for too long, if it's warm there, which I'm sure it is, you might as well start germinating the seeds now. As far as grow guides UAE the search function on the forms and continue to search. You definitley live on the better side of that island btw :tongue:

--------------------

OfflineEM455
Dominican newbie
Female User Gallery

Loc: Santo Domingo, Dominican ...
Re: Storage of seeds and extracts. and grow guides info please [Re: Cactusdan]
    #9526804 - 01/01/09 09:30 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Thanks a lot for your answer!

Quote:

bloodnashes666 said:
As long as there in a cool, dry, dark place they should be ok,

Ok I have the dark and dry part covered up, but when you say cool, how cool should it be? Even if it's warm they shouldn't germinate without water right? :S

Quote:

bloodnashes666 said:just make sure not to leave them sitting for too long, if it's warm there, which I'm sure it is, you might as well start germinating the seeds now.

You are right it is warm, and humid too :S I would plant them right now if I had soil, pots and stuff like that available and had studied a good grow guide already xD I still need to go garden shopping :p

Quote:

bloodnashes666 said:You definitley live on the better side of that island btw :tongue:

Lol I know :p :laugh:

again thank you

Edited by EM455 (01/01/09 09:31 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates