Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineDNBplus
true stoner

Re: Factory-sealed ampoules of Sandoz LSD [Re: rajajuju]
    #9527562 - 01/01/09 01:44 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

rajajuju said:
Quote:

Plasmid said:
I call that a load of bullshit.

go for it, I'm not here to convince anyone of anything - just to report on my experience

how much LSD have you ingested, btw?  and how many different places have you lived?

do you have some kind of basis to this argument other than predisposed incredulity?

dont take this guy to serious I think he just likes to piss people off.I will give it to him though he is pretty educated in this Field.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineschmutzen
King of the side-pins
 User Gallery

Loc: Miss Kitty's Lounge
Re: Factory-sealed ampoules of Sandoz LSD [Re: DNBplus]
    #9527679 - 01/01/09 02:08 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

If anyone wants to know the true meaning of quality, I suggest they read Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance. :yinyang2:

Thank you for 'head's up' that this is not the LSD that I am familiar with, will update once some local human trials have been done.

--------------------

"Blow up your TV, throw away your paper.  Go to the country, build you a home."

OfflineIce House Shaman
Rider on the Storm
Male User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: Factory-sealed ampoules of Sandoz LSD [Re: Plasmid]
    #9528733 - 01/01/09 06:40 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Plasmid said:
Quote:

LSDreamer said:
I have a good idea what it's going to say and it really comes down to the fact that there stereoisomers of LSD are not active except for d-LSD and there's a pretty small chance that unreacted reagents are going to make it into the finished product. It's possible, I suppose, that minute amounts of unreacted reagents  could make it into the finished product and muddy the trip up a bit, but certainly not enough to make it significantly different from pure LSD.

I agree and the easiest way to think about this is as follows:
suppose someone claims that they can tell the difference between 100% pure LSD and 25% pure LSD at low and high doses, 100 micrograms and 250 micrograms respectively.  At a high dose, even the 25% pure LSD will only 187.5 micrograms of impurity.  This means that the difference has to be due to this approximately 200 micrograms of unknown impurity.

The other isomer of LSD is considered to be 1/10th as potent as LSD but LSD and iso-LSD are known to equilibrate; that is, they interconvert with the equilibrium favouring 90% LSD and 10% LSD (Salamone et al, 1997).

So to claim that you could detect the 200 micrograms of some unknown impurity is to say that you've discovered a compound that has activity within an order of magnitude of LSD's activity, which nobody has ever discovered before, despite the fact that LSD and its analogues have been characterized.

It is possible that one could discern the effect of 0.2 mg of an unknown substance, but to claim that you know this is the case with no evidence whatsoever is ridiculous.  The chance of a botched synthesis resulting in substances which just happen to be almost as active as LSD is very very low.

Quote:

If I had to guess, I'd say that Kesey got some DOx or somesuch once or twice and swore off clandestine LSD.

Well, the one article on Erowid that I've seen about this issue is that the participants said that the Sandoz acid was just what they expected.  I think that the nostalgia is pure bullshit mythology.  Bear in mind that we're talking about psychedelic drugs which can have very unpredictable effects.

For a human being to discern pure LSD from impure LSD in street samples requires any impurities to be present in relatively abundant amounts and also to be active.  All of the claims about the "obvious" differences in purity are groundless.

Also, if you just reflect on the usual mythology surrounding LSD, you can see the strong motivation for desiring to believe that LSD "should" be pure and that people can tell "clean" acid from "dirty" acid.  I'm sure we've all known people who have been 100% absolutely certain that they can "tell" when their acid had strychnine in it.  The claims about being able to tell clean acid from dirty acid have exactly the same amount of evidence to back them up as the claims about being able to detect strychnine: none.

In fact, it's almost ironic that the marginally more knowledgeable folks are aware that the strychnine-in-LSD claims are mythology yet some of these people can accept that there are some entirely unknown and unnamed substances in their acid which is making it dirty.  LSD with strychnine in it has never been found, but LSD with some unknown, unnamed substance could always be found to "confirm" these bullshit claims on an ad hoc basis.

I felt compelled to write this rant because the dirty/clean acid claims are based on absolutely nothing and it pisses me off that people think they're walking mass spectrometers and don't need to offer a shred of evidence for wild claims about discerning purity.

Reference

Salamone SJ, Li Z, McNally AJ, Vitone S, Wu RS.  Epimerization studies of LSD using 1H nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR) spectroscopy. J Anal Toxicol.  21, pp. 492 - 497.  (1997)

:werd:

AMEN!!!!

Very well put! I agree with you 100%.

--------------------
you are not who i thought i was...

OfflineNoteworthy
Sophyphile
 User Gallery

Re: Factory-sealed ampoules of Sandoz LSD [Re: rajajuju]
    #9529640 - 01/01/09 09:54 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

rajajuju said:
Quote:

LSDreamer said:
The doses were standardized in the explanations for simplicity's sake. Of course different batches of acid have different potencies. What we're saying is that the purity of the LSD doesn't have a significant impact on the effects, aside from the resulting potency loss.

I would consider lack of potency to be a significant impact on the effects.  That is what I'm saying.

It seems your argument is more about what other chemicals are potent at the microgram level, thus affecting the character of the LSD trip?  I dont see how this is derived from the original argument proposed by me. 

A miscommunication somewhere, its no matter now.

it seems this miscommunication is the problem. However it is a very easy to understand miscomunication because it seemed like you were making a point by saying that different batches have different 'quality' of LSD.
first, you must realise that you were referring to 'quantity' and not quality. second, you should remember that no drug on the street has  standardised dosage except for phamaceutcal products. So the question now remains to see who on earth suggested in the first place that any two tabs would have the same amount of LSD on them?
and what on earth would it even mean to say that different suppliers of LSD have a different 'quality' of lsd? just saying that different producers end up with differing purities? Ive never heard of the contrary!

--------------------

OfflineSurReality
PsychAdemic
Male User Gallery

Loc: Colorado, USA Flag
Re: Factory-sealed ampoules of Sandoz LSD [Re: schmutzen]
    #9530061 - 01/01/09 11:41 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

namaste said:
  I got one for $50 and am working with a collector to buy the rest now that the 'vendor' knows of its quality/price.  Thank you all for your input.  :heartpump:

so basically you were ripped off?

--------------------
ProDOPEFiend Diary: (my public diary)

PodCast

InvisibleMisterMuscaria
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #9530083 - 01/01/09 11:45 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

I dont think thats the Swiss stuff it says New Jersey, it is probably much newer too if it isnt dated.

I could be wrong. I wouldnt open, but Id keep it as a collectors item.

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#9530938 - 01/02/09 06:04 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

in case of fire
break glass!

i think it's a lovely thing

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

Offlinekrypto2000
Unknown

Re: Factory-sealed ampoules of Sandoz LSD [Re: redgreenvines]
    #9530986 - 01/02/09 06:29 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

You should probably just eat it :wink:

Offlineschmutzen
King of the side-pins
 User Gallery

Loc: Miss Kitty's Lounge
Re: Factory-sealed ampoules of Sandoz LSD [Re: MisterMuscaria]
    #9531183 - 01/02/09 08:20 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

I dont think thats the Swiss stuff it says New Jersey, it is probably much newer too if it isnt dated.

Actually the boxes have a stamp with Switzerland printed on it.  Barely visible from the first pic.

I'm gonna poke around and see if there is a way to convert to an active.  My friend ate one yesterday with no effects.  Did I get ripped off?  I definitely bought something that turns out to be different than what I thought it was, but several people ahead of me bought a lot more.... and it is a nifty, little antique.  Here's the other half of the bottle with a better size perspective.

--------------------

"Blow up your TV, throw away your paper.  Go to the country, build you a home."

InvisibleRobMarley420
LSD Enthusiast
Male User Gallery

Loc: Mushroom Mountain
    #9531331 - 01/02/09 09:30 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Even though it's not LSD-25 that's still a cool little piece of history to have.

Did you pay $50 for a single vial, or for a box of vials?

--------------------

InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
    #9531374 - 01/02/09 09:46 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Wow. Amazing!

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

OfflineIncredibleEdible
Stranger

Re: Factory-sealed ampoules of Sandoz LSD [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #9531415 - 01/02/09 09:59 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Seems to me that the question to ask is whether there's a way to get rid of those pesky bromine atoms.  :uptosomething:

Invisible04281969
Hobbyist
Male User Gallery

Re: Factory-sealed ampoules of Sandoz LSD [Re: IncredibleEdible]
    #9531456 - 01/02/09 10:11 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Offlinealteredx
road man for the lords of karma

#9531487 - 01/02/09 10:22 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

My friend ate one yesterday with no effects.

bah

Edited by alteredx (01/02/09 10:38 AM)

OfflineTheMerryGangster
Be Good Family
Male

Loc: Here
Re: Factory-sealed ampoules of Sandoz LSD [Re: alteredx]
    #9531894 - 01/02/09 12:14 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Alteredx if you're going to say something like that don't puss out and edit it later. I agreed.

--------------------
Lysergic exploration.
Fungus-induced enlightenment.
Herbal healing.

"When you realize how perfect everything is you will tilt your head back and laugh at the sky." -Buddha.

:aum: Peace :peace:, Love :heart:, and Light :psychsplit: :aum:

*EVERYTHING I SAY ON THIS SITE IS PURELY FICTION*

Invisible04281969
Hobbyist
Male User Gallery

Re: Factory-sealed ampoules of Sandoz LSD [Re: TheMerryGangster]
    #9532057 - 01/02/09 01:09 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Well, enlighten the guy if you can.  PM's at least.

Even if the LSD doesn't make it around to you, maybe some good karma will.

OfflineOdum
stress of babylon
Male

Loc: GA
Re: Factory-sealed ampoules of Sandoz LSD [Re: 04281969]
    #9532374 - 01/02/09 02:27 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

cool thread nonetheless

OfflineSurReality
PsychAdemic
Male User Gallery

Loc: Colorado, USA Flag
Re: Factory-sealed ampoules of Sandoz LSD [Re: Odum]
    #9533346 - 01/02/09 05:57 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

i wonder how they get it in the bottle... wouldn't it need to be heated way hot thus degrading the lsd?

--------------------
ProDOPEFiend Diary: (my public diary)

PodCast

Offlinepiracetam
bioanalytical chemist
Male User Gallery

Loc: TX Flag
Re: Factory-sealed ampoules of Sandoz LSD [Re: tempingasashaman]
    #9533634 - 01/02/09 06:52 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

underaroof said:

anyone else interested in vaping this? 

nope, 'twould be an instant waste

--------------------
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is just poetry, imagination." ~Max Planck

Invisiblemushroom people
I ♥ LSD
Male

Re: Factory-sealed ampoules of Sandoz LSD [Re: SurReality]
    #9533693 - 01/02/09 07:02 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

SurReality said:
i wonder how they get it in the bottle... wouldn't it need to be heated way hot thus degrading the lsd?

How do you get it out of the bottle without drinking broken glass?

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order