Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
InvisibleRahz
Alive Again
Male

Re: My Guide to Ego Death [Re: GaiaAnnunaki]
    #9525628 - 12/31/08 09:38 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

GaiaAnnunaki said:
Actually it is quite indescribable and it nothing like sleep.

The love aspect is not like romantic love it's like universal love or everything is you.

When your ego dies you do not stop existing instead it is more like you are more conscious then ever before.

Almost the complete opposite of dead sleep.

Your ego is gone but yet you still remain aware.

That is my experience, and my understanding. Helps to have an open heart. Your list seems very Buddhist to me, one could be surprised at some of the responses. But hey, you know how sand castles go. And, you could always ditch steps 1 and 2, and make it a 12 step program.;)

--------------------
rahz

comfort pleasure power love truth awareness peace

"The object of opening the mind, as of opening the mouth, is to shut it again on something solid." - Gilbert Keith Chesterton

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleServator
Viral Agent

#9525671 - 12/31/08 09:55 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

I do believe that the very fact that you believe yourself knowledgeable enough to write a 14 step guide to ego death means you automatically fail in your quest towards achieving it.

Congratulations, though, on realizing in some part, how little your meanings actually mean...

InvisibleSophistic Radiance
Free sVs!
Female

Loc: Center of the Universe
Re: My Guide to Ego Death [Re: Servator]
    #9525727 - 12/31/08 10:08 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

GaiaAnnunaki, your post would probably get a better reception in The Psychedelic Experience. Most of the regulars in P&S are somewhat jaded to the psychedelic scene after having been in it for so long. Contrary to the "Mysticism & Paranormal" forum, P&S folks will attempt to rip you a new one in debate if you say something that you can't back up or that they just plain disagree with. That's just the way it is around here.

Your post seems like common-sense tripping precautions to me, but there are always folks in P&S who will pick your post apart sentence-by-sentence and demand that you explain yourself for using language they don't like. Personally I feel like things can get really aggro around here but I like the conversation sometimes.

TPE is a much better forum for discussing the finer details of tripping, set, setting, etc. than this one, for the most part.

--------------------
Enlil said:
You really are the worst kind of person.

Edited by Tchan909 (12/31/08 10:12 PM)

OfflineC.M. Mann
subconscious explorer
Male

Loc: Florida
Re: My Guide to Ego Death [Re: Sophistic Radiance]
    #9525744 - 12/31/08 10:11 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

I agree with you, it's impossible for the ego to describe "ego death". I don't like that term because it means nothing to me .  I had an experience vaguely similar, and I obviously do a lousy job of describing it. I think of the ego as a separate consciousness, apart from the subconscious.

Invisiblemushroom people
I ♥ LSD
Male

#9525930 - 12/31/08 11:20 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Tchan909 said:
GaiaAnnunaki, your post would probably get a better reception in The Psychedelic Experience. Most of the regulars in P&S are somewhat jaded to the psychedelic scene after having been in it for so long. Contrary to the "Mysticism & Paranormal" forum, P&S folks will attempt to rip you a new one in debate if you say something that you can't back up or that they just plain disagree with. That's just the way it is around here.

Your post seems like common-sense tripping precautions to me, but there are always folks in P&S who will pick your post apart sentence-by-sentence and demand that you explain yourself for using language they don't like. Personally I feel like things can get really aggro around here but I like the conversation sometimes.

TPE is a much better forum for discussing the finer details of tripping, set, setting, etc. than this one, for the most part.

No where is safe. TPE is full of newbie kids, M&P is full of UFO, bigfoot and Illuminati crap.

Invisibleawesomebastard
Lost
Male User Gallery

Re: My Guide to Ego Death [Re: mushroom people]
    #9525941 - 12/31/08 11:23 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

This guide is for newbie kids if it's for anyone.

--------------------
"Absolute certainty is a privilege of uneducated minds and fanatics." ~ C.J. Keyser

Mr. Cypher said: "I just tell the girls how sexy I am and their panties melt."

OfflineGaiaAnnunaki
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Philadelphia area.
Re: My Guide to Ego Death [Re: awesomebastard]
    #9525951 - 12/31/08 11:26 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Servator said:
I do believe that the very fact that you believe yourself knowledgeable enough to write a 14 step guide to ego death means you automatically fail in your quest towards achieving it.

Congratulations, though, on realizing in some part, how little your meanings actually mean...

I never said I had all the answers, I was hoping other people would chime in on how they got there.

I was not doing this for praise or anything, just wanted to democratize the experience to those who are close at achieving it.

I'm sure many people tripping on LSD and Mushrooms have got there without trying (which is kind of the key).  I bet people who are masters at meditation can also get there without sacred medicines.

But yeah I have been carrying this heavy rock on me for a long time and it feels good to just let it go....
:smile:

--------------------
Everything I say on here is Just My Humble Opinion, not a fact.  Everything I say is just a generalization from my perspective.  So chill out.

OfflinePlasmid
Absent
Male

#9526377 - 01/01/09 04:30 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

GaiaAnnunaki said:
I would have to guess Plasmid has never experienced this or he does not want others to do so.  Either that or he just has a totally different view on it, which is fine.

I gave my point of view.  If you have a different definition of "ego death" then that's fine, but I disagree with it.

I can't say whether or not I've experienced the kind of "ego death" you're referring to because you're vague.  It's the 'complete opposite of deep sleep' but also indescribable.  I suppose by the opposite of deep sleep you mean to say that it's characterized by heightened awareness but saying that it can't be described seems like a way of evading a definition.  If you can't define something, then I can't say whether or not I even know what you're talking about. 

Unfortunately, I find a lot of discussions within psychedelic idealist culture that have to do with "ego death" also add that it can't be described or is beyond words.  It's fine with me if you really believe this, but it puts serious obstacles into being able to discuss the topic.  If something can't be described or is beyond words, how can I say whether or not I've experienced it?

I'm very aware of the fact that my response probably betrays my contempt for the idealism surrounding the whole idea of "ego death" but it really just seems like a religious idea to me and not a realistic goal or state.  Anyway, I'm quite contemptuous of the whole thing and suggest that you just bear my thinking in mind because you'd probably have a hard time changing my mind about a concept which is often defined as "beyond words."

--------------------
Absent.

InvisibleSophistic Radiance
Free sVs!
Female

Loc: Center of the Universe
    #9526388 - 01/01/09 04:39 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Post on P&S all you like, just know ahead of time that it's probably the least friendly forum on the entire Shroomery after the flaming racists and scat fanatics at OTD and the anonymous disinhibition of Shroomerites Anonymous.

I do enjoy discussions about ego-death, myself. It is a very weird experience. We each take totally different things from it; the only things that we can really agree on is that the sense of self and bodily identity fades and is replaced with an experience of reality that has nothing in common with everything we've grown used to in life, and yet in spite of its totally alien character has an odd sense of familiarity, correctness. I don't think it's truly "beyond description," but there are so many layers of meaning perceived in any experience of it that it is near-impossible to form a description of it that feels satisfactorily complete on a personal level.

--------------------
Enlil said:
You really are the worst kind of person.

Edited by Tchan909 (01/01/09 06:42 AM)

OfflineLion
Decadent Flower Magnate
Male User Gallery

Re: My Guide to Ego Death [Re: Servator]
    #9526625 - 01/01/09 08:07 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Servator said:

:lol: And why is that, exactly?  Does the God of Psychedelics not hand out ego death to people audacious enough to try and describe what's needed to attain it?

--------------------
“Strengthened by contemplation and study,
I will not fear my passions like a coward.
My body I will give to pleasures,
to diversions that I’ve dreamed of,
to the most daring erotic desires,
to the lustful impulses of my blood, without
any fear at all, for whenever I will—
and I will have the will, strengthened
as I’ll be with contemplation and study—
at the crucial moments I’ll recover
my spirit as was before: ascetic.”

InvisibleOrgoneConclusion
Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

Loc: Under the C
    #9527115 - 01/01/09 11:41 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

(Not directed at you or the OP)

A lot of P&S regulars poke fun because it is silly to talk of ego death while becoming offended over very little. If one brought nothing back from the experience but a more brittle ego, then what is the point?

This is a hot crucible where the dross gets burned away.

--------------------

OfflineGaiaAnnunaki
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: My Guide to Ego Death [Re: OrgoneConclusion]
    #9527162 - 01/01/09 11:57 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Well if it is anything like actually dying for real it might help you cross over easier to the other realm when you really do die. (I don't know)

As far is living in the real world with no ego, I don't know if you could survive cause you would be totally selfless and I doubt you could take care your self when you are just thinking of others and such (unless everyone was like that and they just took care of each other).

But they say that Jesus and Buddha did it, so maybe you could.

Anyone see the movie REVOLVER with Jason Stateman?  He defeats his ego in that movie, it was actually pretty cool.  But then again most of Guy Richie movies are cool.

--------------------
Everything I say on here is Just My Humble Opinion, not a fact.  Everything I say is just a generalization from my perspective.  So chill out.

Edited by GaiaAnnunaki (01/01/09 11:58 AM)

Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

#9527191 - 01/01/09 12:06 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

I am not talking about becoming egoless so much as not having it control you.

Read the 20 odd pages slamming Veritas and myself on the Anonymous Forum from ex-members who consider themselves spiritually superior while spitting poison. One cannot feel love and oneness and simultanesouly be full of vitriol. It is not possible.

--------------------

OfflineGaiaAnnunaki
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: My Guide to Ego Death [Re: OrgoneConclusion]
    #9527207 - 01/01/09 12:13 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

OrgoneConclusion said:
I am not talking about becoming egoless so much as not having it control you.

Read the 20 odd pages slamming Veritas and myself on the Anonymous Forum from ex-members who consider themselves spiritually superior while spitting poison. One cannot feel love and oneness and simultanesouly be full of vitriol. It is not possible.

lol yeah, They might have gotten to higher levels or whatever, but maybe they are not using the info they brought back (if any?)

But yeah the ego takes right over, not really their fault, we are all trapped in it and no matter which way you turn you are just falling into another one of the egos traps.

No need to freak out though, you can't really do anything about it but just chill and ride it out.

--------------------

Edited by GaiaAnnunaki (01/01/09 12:14 PM)

Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

#9527215 - 01/01/09 12:18 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

If an experience does not lead to growth, does it have any real value?

--------------------

InvisibleRahz
Alive Again
Male

Re: My Guide to Ego Death [Re: Lion]
    #9527239 - 01/01/09 12:24 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

I was hoping other people would chime in on how they got there.

Well, OK, here is something to play with. 2 steps, no drugs needed.

1- Feel humble
2- Feel appreciation

Step 2 is dependent on step 1.

--------------------
rahz

comfort pleasure power love truth awareness peace

"The object of opening the mind, as of opening the mouth, is to shut it again on something solid." - Gilbert Keith Chesterton

InvisibleAroundtheSon
Learning to See
Male User Gallery

Loc: Midwest.
    #9527253 - 01/01/09 12:29 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Has anyone else seen the UFO's and the helicopters?

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract