Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Boomr Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineShroomer Smurf
Slacker

My First MonoTub Grow. Amazonian. With Lots Of Pics. (updated on 5/30/09) I Found Some More Pics.
    #9519557 - 12/30/08 05:52 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Hi everybody, I finally started my MonoTubs. I used PES Amazonian spores from SporeWorks. I made a LC on 11/16 using the Karo tek.

I used Milo seed for my grain jars. It worked pretty well. I went back to wheat berries for my next grow. I shot up my jars with LC on 12/11. Here's what they looked like on 12/15.

And after shaking.

Here's what they looked like on 12/17.

Here's what they looked like on 12/19.

I was busy the next week so I had to wait until 12/26 to spawn to bulk. The jars were really hard to shake, even with the bike tire. They were really colonized. I used coco coir with some gypsum added. I used 3 quart jars of grain and 3.5 jars of coir. Here's what they looked like.

I wasn't sure if I needed to cover the tubs with a trash bag since they are in my closet, but I did anyway on 12/29.

Here's what the tubs looked like on 12/30. They're colonizing really fast.

Here's what they looked like on 12/31. Just a few more days until casing. I can't wait.

Here's what they looked like on 1/3. I hope they're not too wet.

Here's what the tubs looked like on 1/8. I've been reading up on casing MonoTubs and might not case after all. I still have the tubs covered with a black trash bag. Are the tubs ready to fruit?

Tub #1

Tub #2

I decided to put the tubs into fruiting conditions on 1/10. I noticed a few pins starting to form so I figured it was time. I now have the lights set to 12/12 and a fan turned on 24/7. Here's what the tubs looked like on 1/12.

Tub #1

Tub #2

Here's what Tub #2 looked like on 1/14. There may not be enough FAE. I think I might have the polyfill too tight in the holes. Also my holes are 1" instead of 2". I used smaller holes because the containers I'm using are only 15-5/8" x 13-1/8" x 13-1/4". Should I still have made 2" holes with this size container? Since my holes are only 1" should I remove/loosen the polyfill? I'm also getting a larger fan tomorrow so I'll have better circulation. Tub #1 Has a lot of knots but no real signs of pins yet.

There's a weird mutant growing near the hole with polyfill. I hope that's not a bad sign.

Here's what the tubs looked like on 1/18. Tub #2 seems to be coming in faster than tub #1. I also birthed tub #3 to fruiting conditions.

Tub #2

Tub #1

The tiny water droplets on the surface of the substrate have all dried up. The condensation on the sides and top is also gone. Should I start misting this tub daily?

Tub #3

Here's what the tubs looked like on 1/20. Tub #2 is almost ready. Tub #1 is coming along slowly.

Tub #2

Tub #1

This mutant looks like something out of the movie "The Thing".

Tub #3

The "Three Amigos"

Here are some pictures of my little closet lab.

How am I doing for my first MonoTub grow? I'll post more pictures as the tubs progress.

Here's a few more pics of my first MonoTub grow. I forgot to post these earlier. enjoy. :grin:

Well, those are all the pics I found. Now I'm working on a PE grow. Later. :smile:

I Would Love Some Feedback.
Thanks. :stoned:

Edited by Shroomer Smurf (05/30/09 08:05 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDamion5050
Mush Doctor
Male User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Translation ! Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: My First MonoTub Grow. With Lots Of Pics. [Re: Shroomer Smurf]
    #9519566 - 12/30/08 05:54 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

:thumbup:

Offlinescubabuddha
friend of a friend of a friend
Male

Loc: Boulder, CO
Re: My First MonoTub Grow. With Lots Of Pics. [Re: Damion5050]
    #9519574 - 12/30/08 05:56 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

looking good. that is pretty fast colonization :mushroom2:

i wish i was having that much success with my first tub...

--------------------

OfflinePsychOfMSE
Out of the loop for too long
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Midwest
Re: My First MonoTub Grow. With Lots Of Pics. [Re: scubabuddha]
    #9519583 - 12/30/08 05:57 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Definitely looking good! :smile:

:thumbup:

--------------------
"I think it's impossible to really understand somebody, what they want, what they believe, and not love them the way they love themselves." - Orson Scott Card

Agar's Grain LC Tek <--- Never fool with honey water and contaminated LCs again!
Large_Dose's Ohmatic Monotub Tek
Monstermitch's LC/WBS/Monotub/Casing Tek

Offlineskaterickets
Musician
Male User Gallery

#9519903 - 12/30/08 06:50 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

I dig the pictures.

Looks like you're gonna have a lot to love. :mushroom2:

--------------------

OfflineShroomer Smurf
Slacker

Re: My First MonoTub Grow. With Lots Of Pics. [Re: skaterickets]
    #9520149 - 12/30/08 07:41 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

skaterickets said:
I dig the pictures.

Looks like you're gonna have a lot to love. :mushroom2:

Thanks. I'm doing one more tub of Amazonian tonight and 3 tubs of Penis Envy in about a week. I hope that's not too many tubs for me to care for.:stoned:

OfflineShroomer Smurf
Slacker

#9575064 - 01/09/09 12:48 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Here's what the tubs looked like on 1/8. I've been reading up on casing MonoTubs and might not case after all. I still have the tubs covered with a black trash bag. Are the tubs ready to fruit?

Tub #1

Tub #2

How do they look? Are they ready to go? Any help would be great.

OfflineShroomer Smurf
Slacker

#9593090 - 01/12/09 02:11 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

I decided to put the tubs into fruiting conditions on 1/10. I noticed a few pins starting to form so I figured it was time. I now have the lights set to 12/12 and a fan turned on 24/7. Here's what the tubs looked like on 1/12.

Tub #1

Tub #2

How do they look? I hope those are actual pins, and not something else.:confused:

Thanks For All The Help. :stoned:

OfflineSpongiform
Some Cow
Male User Gallery

Loc: Greener Pastures
Trusted Cultivator
    #9593101 - 01/12/09 02:15 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

I can't really tell from the pics if its pins or not, but it looks good otherwise

Pins will start out as primordia - tiny white balls.

Easy to spot against a coir background not so much against a solid white mycelium mass.

Then a little tiny penis pops out a few days later.

--------------------
Spongiform's Plastic Tek - An Alternative to Glass
Spongi's PF Block Tek & Automated Shotgun Project.

OfflineShroomer Smurf
Slacker

Re: My First MonoTub Grow. With Lots Of Pics. [Re: Spongiform]
    #9593128 - 01/12/09 02:29 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Spongiform said:
I can't really tell from the pics if its pins or not, but it looks good otherwise

Pins will start out as primordia - tiny white balls.

Easy to spot against a coir background not so much against a solid white mycelium mass.

Then a little tiny penis pops out a few days later.

"tiny white balls" Hell Yeah! It's hard to see in the pictures but there are tiny white balls forming everywhere. At first I thought it might be a contam. That makes me feel a lot better.

OfflineSpongiform
Some Cow
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #9593173 - 01/12/09 02:51 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Yeah man, you should have pins soon :-D

I just opened up 2 tubs to fruiting conditions last night, can't wait for them to pin.  They already had primordia ;-D

--------------------

Offlinexbrutalx233
Learner
Male

Loc: Planet X
    #9593419 - 01/12/09 06:05 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

The tiny white balls are called Hyphal knots, the stage after the knots are primordia, then pins.

--------------------
:mushroom2:

:mushroom2:

I do not grow anything that is illegal... Everything is of the legal variety... if someone mentions any illegal activity it isn't me...

OfflineSpongiform
Some Cow
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: My First MonoTub Grow. With Lots Of Pics. [Re: xbrutalx233]
    #9593506 - 01/12/09 06:40 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

I stand corrected!

--------------------

Offlinevichl1
Stranger
    #9594626 - 01/12/09 12:47 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

:cool:

OfflineShroomer Smurf
Slacker

Re: My First MonoTub Grow. With Lots Of Pics. (updated on 1/14/09 starting to pin) [Re: Shroomer Smurf]
    #9606161 - 01/14/09 03:53 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Here's what Tub #2 looked like on 1/14. There may not be enough FAE. I think I might have the polyfil too tight in the holes. Also my holes are 1" instead of 2". I used smaller holes because the containers I'm using are only 15-5/8" x 13-1/8" x 13-1/4". Should I still have made 2" holes with this size container? Since my holes are only 1" should I remove/loosen the polyfil? I'm also getting a larger fan tomorrow so I'll have better circulation. Tub #1 Has a lot of knots but no real signs of pins yet.

There's a weird mutant growing near the hole with polyfil. I hope that's not a bad sign.

I'm going to replace the polyfil with a looser piece in all the holes to allow for more FAE and see what happens in a few days. I hope it's the right call. :stoned:

OfflineSpongiform
Some Cow
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: My First MonoTub Grow. With Lots Of Pics. (updated on 1/14/09 starting to pin) [Re: Shroomer Smurf]
    #9606194 - 01/14/09 04:09 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Hell yeah, I'd remove 90% of the polyfill or just remove it altogether.

That mutant looks fine to me, I get alot of those ones with thick stems.  Sometimes they get a growth spurt and shoot up later on.

Either way they weigh out nicely :-D

You may need to mist occasionally to compensate for increased air flow but you will get bigger/more mushrooms for doing it.

--------------------

OfflineShroomer Smurf
Slacker

Re: My First MonoTub Grow. With Lots Of Pics. (updated on 1/14/09 starting to pin) [Re: Spongiform]
    #9606221 - 01/14/09 04:31 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Spongiform said:

That mutant looks fine to me, I get alot of those ones with thick stems.  Sometimes they get a growth spurt and shoot up later on.

You may need to mist occasionally to compensate for increased air flow but you will get bigger/more mushrooms for doing it.

Thanks for the info. By the way, I ordered some soffit vents from Home Depot and will be using them on my next tubs. How do they work with polyfil? That was a great idea, by the way. :stoned:

OfflineNature Boy
Stranger than most
Male User Gallery

Loc: Samsara
Re: My First MonoTub Grow. With Lots Of Pics. (updated on 1/14/09 starting to pin) [Re: Spongiform]
    #9606223 - 01/14/09 04:32 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

There is an old adage in medicine:  "If what you are doing is working DON'T CHANGE IT."  Leave everything as-is.

N.B.

--------------------
All submitted posts under this user name are works of pure fiction or outright lies.  Any information, statement, or assertion contained therein should be considered pure unadulterated bullshit.  Note well:  Sorry, but I do not answer PM's unless you are a long-time trusted friend.  If you have a question, ask it in the appropriate thread.

OfflineShroomer Smurf
Slacker

#9606227 - 01/14/09 04:36 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Spongiform said:

How do I mist without spraying directly on the substrate? How many times per day?

OfflineSpongiform
Some Cow
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #9606239 - 01/14/09 04:46 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

During colonization you want to either cover the vents with something, like tape or tyek or just leave the vents out and tape over the holes or stuff the vents with a wad of polyfill.  If you use the polyfill you need something to hold it in.  I take a piece of tape about 4 inches long and cut a then strip out of it and use that to hold it in.

Once it's done colonizing I just remove the tape/polyfill and leave it open to ventilation.

I case LIGHTLY over the substrate.  1/8" or so and left holes in it so there's visible substrate.  Right after I case I give it a solid good misting till the casing is wet.  After that I just give it a good heavy mist into the tub like once a day.  It's pretty dry in my house this time of year so I try to do it once a day, maybe twice.

If it was spring/summer I could get away with misting once or twice a week I think.

So far, misting directly (a very fine mist though) doesn't seem to hurt anything.  It evaporates pretty quick though and I believe that's a good thing as rr says evaporation is a pinning trigger.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Boomr Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate