Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleveggieM

New Massachusetts Rules Allow Having Hashish
    #9514197 - 12/29/08 07:45 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

New Massachusetts Rules Allow Having Hashish
December 29, 2008 - Boston Herald

Massachusetts police may no longer be able to arrest people for having a small amount of hashish, because a new law that decriminalizes possessing up to an ounce of marijuana could apply to other drugs with the same psychoactive ingredient, according to guidelines issued today.

The guidelines, from the Executive Office of Public Safety and Security, say possession of an ounce or less of THC — the primary psychoactive ingredient in marijuana, hashish or hash oil — may now be decriminalized as well.

Voters passed a referendum in November that replaces the criminal penalties for having up to an ounce of pot with the civil penalty of a $100 fine and forfeiture of the drug. The law takes effect Friday, and law enforcement agencies have been awaiting a guide to its practical enforcement.

State officials expect that the judiciary will eventually have to answer specific questions about the law’s scope.

But the guidelines make clear that existing laws prohibiting the distribution of marijuana or operating a motor vehicle under its influence remain unchanged. In addition, all law enforcement officers with civil enforcement powers — including campus officers — have the authority to issue the new $100 tickets.

The guidelines also note the law allows cities and towns to pass ordinances or bylaws banning the public use of marijuana, even if having a small amount is decriminalized. Such bylaws had been unnecessary previously because possession of any amount of marijuana was illegal.

Municipalities may want to enact the ordinances, much like public drinking ordinances, to prevent someone from smoking a joint on a public space, such as the Boston Common. Beginning Friday, that person risks nothing more than a $100 fine.

"EOPSS recommends that municipalities enact such bylaws or ordinances and provide police with the option of treating public use as a misdemeanor offense," the guidelines said.

The document includes a sample bylaw prepared by Attorney General Martha Coakley.

Separately, the state’s commissioner of elementary and secondary education said in a memo last week that he does not believe the new law affects the authority of school officials to suspend or expel students who get caught with an ounce or less of marijuana on school property or at school-sponsored events.

"We encourage school officials to use their authority under state law and school committee policy with discretion," wrote Mitchell Chester. "Preferably, disciplinary measures should be coupled with drug awareness programs, and students should be given the opportunity to continue education in alternative settings when excluded from school for disciplinary reasons."

While proponents had argued the new law would free law enforcement officers to focus on more serious crime, police chiefs and the state’s 11 district attorneys opposed the change. They said it would ease access to what they consider a gateway drug and impede their ability to arrest drug traffickers and other criminals who often first become suspects because of marijuana possession.

"Now, as long as you keep it to an ounce or less, the worse-case scenario is a $100 fine — and it doesn’t matter how many times you get caught, and there’s no record of it," Walpole Police Chief Richard Stillman said. "It’s a cost of doing business."

Stillman also said teens may gravitate toward pot because the penalty for having an ounce or less is far less than the penalty for having alcohol. Under the new pot law, anyone under 18 would face the same forfeiture and fine as an adult if they complete a drug awareness program within a year.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemellontatauda
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: New Massachusetts Rules Allow Having Hashish [Re: veggie]
    #9514202 - 12/29/08 07:46 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

fuck yea
hashish ftw :bongload:

--------------------
:jah:

Offlinelbtchnlgs
Feel like a Stranger
Male User Gallery

#9514208 - 12/29/08 07:47 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

I didn't read the whole article, but this seems stupid.  We get something we've been fighting for for sooo long and then go and exploit a loop-hole asap.  b/s, be happy w. what you got

OfflineSubconscious
Stranger
Male

Re: New Massachusetts Rules Allow Having Hashish [Re: lbtchnlgs]
    #9514705 - 12/29/08 09:00 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

We've waited long enough for a change while they've been exploiting us the whole time... whats the big deal if it gets extended to a small amount of hash? I'm for it... like you said, we've been fighting for so long- its about time we see a fucking change around here...

Offlinesuburbanned
Stranger
Re: New Massachusetts Rules Allow Having Hashish [Re: Subconscious]
    #9514822 - 12/29/08 09:18 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

wiat you can have an ounce of thc?? does that mean you can have 5 ounces of weed that is 20% thc??

OfflineNobodyImportant
Stranger
Male

Loc: Jawjuh.
Re: New Massachusetts Rules Allow Having Hashish [Re: suburbanned]
    #9515268 - 12/29/08 10:32 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

no

but you could have an ounce of pure thc

OfflineRebirtha
I really like bread
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: over there
    #9515518 - 12/29/08 11:18 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

an oz of kief could go a long way :smile: Glad to hear the good news, one step closer...

OfflineIR0NHYM0N
 User Gallery

Loc: AT0MIC TWAT
Re: New Massachusetts Rules Allow Having Hashish [Re: Rebirtha]
    #9515577 - 12/29/08 11:30 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Glad to hear something happen like that to Massachusetts. But I still don't want to get caught with it anyway...but  cmon, what else is there to do around here when you feel slow as hell and waiting for the cold to go away?

--------------------

GnuBobo said:
Iron. Hymen. Vitamin.

Be Iron, like Hymen, in Vitamin.

Iron. Hymen. Vitamin.

Offlineclorox
Crossing theDoors ofPerception
Male

Loc: The Other Side
Re: New Massachusetts Rules Allow Having Hashish [Re: IR0NHYM0N]
    #9515632 - 12/29/08 11:44 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

mama e i ei uh oh...

--------------------

These walls, such they be, are crawling with geometric hallucinations.

Offlinewireless
Thizziswhatis
Male User Gallery

Re: New Massachusetts Rules Allow Having Hashish [Re: clorox]
    #9515794 - 12/30/08 12:14 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

I really don't understand how the police chief can say that even people selling less than an ounce of marijuana are real criminals.

OfflineCoaster
Baʿal
Male User Gallery

Loc: Deep in the Valley
Re: New Massachusetts Rules Allow Having Hashish [Re: wireless]
    #9516441 - 12/30/08 02:48 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

because if you look at the unwritten statistics marijuana use is linked to other criminal activity
get with the programmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
:happyweed:

--------------------

Offlinetyler_0_durden
Stranger

Re: New Massachusetts Rules Allow Having Hashish [Re: Coaster]
    #9516472 - 12/30/08 03:11 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

In response to having an ounce of pure thc...yes, it would go a long way but imagine how sad you would be if the cops took it away... Stupid cops.

--------------------
"As a man who has devoted his whole life to the most clear headed science, to the study of matter, I can tell you as a result of my research about atoms this much: There is no matter as such. All matter originates and exists only by virtue of a force which brings the particle of an atom to vibration and holds this most minute solar system of the atom together. We must assume behind this force the existence of a conscious and intelligent mind. This mind is the matrix of all matter."  --Max Planck

Offlinedjblackout
supreme scratch masta

Re: New Massachusetts Rules Allow Having Hashish [Re: tyler_0_durden]
    #9516533 - 12/30/08 04:06 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

so you can have pot now in mass?

--------------------
I am the fakest person on this site. I only pretend to grow and consume illegal mushrooms. I have no knowledge what so ever on any scheduled substance because I know and respect the governing law in the United States of America. All pictures and dialogue posted by me is entirley copyrighted from those who wish to knowingly ignore the laws. I only post these messages as a mere propaganda technique used to gain attention and admiration from others. Thank You

Offlineyeahbuddyyyyyyyy
Stranger
Male

Re: New Massachusetts Rules Allow Having Hashish [Re: djblackout]
    #9516606 - 12/30/08 05:26 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

djblackout said:

The headline is a little misleading.  No, they will take your weed, and just hand you a court summon which will be a violation instead of a misdemeanor.  It's the same way in Maine.  Hopefully NH will eventually do the same.

Invisibletimekiller
God
Male

Loc: I'm too fucked up to know...
Re: New Massachusetts Rules Allow Having Hashish [Re: yeahbuddyyyyyyyy]
    #9516868 - 12/30/08 08:22 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

it's too bad this goes into effect after new years, otherwise Boston would have one hell of a new years eve party, and me only a few hours drive from there.

--------------------
SATAN?

Offlinedjblackout
supreme scratch masta

Re: New Massachusetts Rules Allow Having Hashish [Re: timekiller]
    #9517188 - 12/30/08 10:07 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

so there will be no court record?  you wont have to post that shit on a job application?  jobs wont find out about it?

what about their cultivation law?

--------------------
I am the fakest person on this site. I only pretend to grow and consume illegal mushrooms. I have no knowledge what so ever on any scheduled substance because I know and respect the governing law in the United States of America. All pictures and dialogue posted by me is entirley copyrighted from those who wish to knowingly ignore the laws. I only post these messages as a mere propaganda technique used to gain attention and admiration from others. Thank You

OfflineTreeMoss
I live in a Fox Hole

#9517261 - 12/30/08 10:26 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

In my state you can have 99 grams and just get a ticket, but go to jail for the bag.

But the definition in their state code for hashish and hash oil are probably different than just marijuana.....as is the case in my state.

In my state you can have 99 grams of dried cannabis for just a ticket, under five grams of hash for a ticket and under one gram of hash oil for a ticket.  It is actually a pretty sweet setup, but you get into more trouble for the hash oil vial than the freaking actual drug......ever watch VH1 drug history, remember and thank that freaking old ugly hag at the end (I fucking hate her and her kind, dose that bitch).  Spray her house with BZ, that is some powerful stuff.

And it doesn't matter what amount you sell, it's going to be a felony; but in our state you can give a gift of 19.999999999999 grams and it is just minor possession (how they got this detailed kind in this state baffles me with all the other shit).

--------------------
Drug chemicals are going to be more abundant and survive longer than any anti-drug agendas.  Some of us are just ahead of the game, we already know what the future will understand.  Drugs weren't bad but how some people used them were and some people just were bad because they had to be.

Offlinedjblackout
supreme scratch masta

Re: New Massachusetts Rules Allow Having Hashish [Re: TreeMoss]
    #9517286 - 12/30/08 10:32 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

what state is that?

--------------------

Offlineclover606
Stranger
Male
    #9517670 - 12/30/08 11:56 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Stillman also said teens may gravitate toward pot because the penalty for having an ounce or less is far less than the penalty for having alcohol.

so weve got less kids developing drinking problems, less deaths and accidents, whats the problem again?

--------------------
grassman said:

I remember being in DARE when i was much younger and some of the stories they would tell you are not only ridiculous, but completely untrue. One story was that a woman was on LSD and thought her infant was a turkey so she baked it in the oven. Now I look back and think thats hilarious, but at the time I guess it scared me.

Offlinejackshroomer
MACK
Male

Re: New Massachusetts Rules Allow Having Hashish [Re: yeahbuddyyyyyyyy]
    #9518033 - 12/30/08 12:59 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

yeahbuddyyyyyyyy said:
Quote:

djblackout said:

The headline is a little misleading.  No, they will take your weed, and just hand you a court summon which will be a violation instead of a misdemeanor.  It's the same way in Maine.  Hopefully NH will eventually do the same.

um unless i read it wrong. they can either take it or give u a fine. and if they give u  a fine u dont even have to show them your id. so yea u can smoke pot in mass now.

--------------------
-Randall

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale