Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMr_Insidious
Stranger
 User Gallery

Morning glory seeds and all that contains LSA...
    #9514180 - 12/29/08 07:42 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Hey guys. I know that Hawaiian Baby Woodrose seeds contain LSA, and Morning Glory seeds do also.

I can guy these, but I know that because of the legal status (which I'm still not sure on, I live in NZ) on LSA, these seeds can be coated with poison?

If so, how would I get around this? Is there an easy way to extract the LSA?

Cheers.

Edited by Mr_Insidious (12/29/08 07:43 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineHits of Sunshine
Raft Guide

Re: Morning glory seeds and all that contains LSA... [Re: Mr_Insidious]
    #9514284 - 12/29/08 07:58 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

I've done morning glories a few times about a year ago.
I just washed the seeds off with dish soap to remove any pesticides or chemicals.
I never extracted the LSA, I ground about 400-500 seeds in a coffee grinder (grinding for only a few seconds at a time to not damage the LSA by heat) until it was a fine powder. Then I mixed it with water and drank the concoction making sure to get all the seed mush in the bottom. You get really nauseous for the first hour or so but after that you start tripping and it never bothered me after that. I always loved the intricate and strange CEV's I got from LSA.

OfflineCascadian
Feel like a Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cascadia
    #9514315 - 12/29/08 08:03 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Look for seeds marked 'untreated', or particularly 'organic'.  I don't know your state's law - you can look it up as easily as I can (google).

You can get these on Ebay.

And look for LSA extraction teks, also, google.  Its everywhere, why are you asking us?

Offlinefeifen

Re: Morning glory seeds and all that contains LSA... [Re: Hits of Sunshine]
    #9514370 - 12/29/08 08:09 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Dude, use the search next time, it is there for a reason, this has been answered undoubtedly several times..

Hawaiian Baby Woodrose Seeds naturally have VERY DEADLY POISON, DO NOT INGEST THE BROWN OUTSIDE, AT ALL Do not ingest so without scraping off EVERY INCH of the brown part, and maybe a little of the lighter skin. Read the package, if it says "protected with pesticides" then be sure to wash them off properly with some good soap. Be VERY careful, as you may not die, it is harmful and will cause extra un-needed nausea.

As for the Morning Glories, just check your packaging as the same for Hawaiian and repeat step.

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

Re: Morning glory seeds and all that contains LSA... [Re: feifen]
    #9514569 - 12/29/08 08:39 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

feifen said:
Hawaiian Baby Woodrose Seeds naturally have VERY DEADLY POISON, DO NOT INGEST THE BROWN OUTSIDE, AT ALL Do not ingest so without scraping off EVERY INCH of the brown part, and maybe a little of the lighter skin.

Misinformation.  The cyanogenic glycosides that cause nausea permeate the entire seed, and are not removed by taking off the outer husk.

--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Offlinefeifen

Re: Morning glory seeds and all that contains LSA... [Re: deCypher]
    #9514621 - 12/29/08 08:46 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Your right, but the skin has a large quantity of it, and you can minimize harm by doing so. How is this misinformation? I did not say the seeds do not contain cyanogenic glycosides, do not misquote me for what I said. I am just telling him the method of ingesting them if he chooses to do so.

OfflineMr_Insidious
Stranger
 User Gallery

#9514798 - 12/29/08 09:14 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Hmm thanks guys. Yeah sorry, I'll use search in the future.

Okay, so there's a few methods, all which involve nausea etc.. I might look into extraction, or I might just consume some and toughen up.. if it's the only way.

I've found these 'Druid's Fantasy' pills (http://www.health-pills.com/hp_druids.htm), has anyone had experience with them? Also, living in New Zealand I cannot find any stores that sell them so I'd have to buy online.. would they get seized at customs?

They say to have the morning glory seeds in them which is a legal form so I'm not really on this. If you guys can get them in the U.S or other places that LSA is banned in, then would probably mean I can in NZ aswell.. but any advice would be great!

Cheers.

Edited by Mr_Insidious (12/29/08 09:15 PM)

Offlineyageman
already dead
 User Gallery

#9514884 - 12/29/08 09:29 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

feifen said:
Your right, but the skin has a large quantity of it, and you can minimize harm by doing so. How is this misinformation? I did not say the seeds do not contain cyanogenic glycosides, do not misquote me for what I said. I am just telling him the method of ingesting them if he chooses to do so.

Almost all of the lsa is contained in the hard outer shell.
You dont know your shit, stop posting about HBWR.  There are little or no alks in the soft offwhite inner core.
Everything you said is bad info, scary untrue info, and just bad misdirection.
The outer layer is the reason people use these seeds.
  The woody layer is what you want to consume, its the husky layer that is often removed(and most often there will be no husky layer).

Fuckin A.
Know your shit.

Deadly my ass, you have spread bad info.
Good job.

I prefer extraction(less body load), but chewing and eating the seeds can provide a wonderful trip.

DEATH?......lol
God damn dude.

--------------------
[quote]Me_Roy said:
You moron. Material is material is material.  No 'thing' fixes any situation.  If anything were so simple we would be living in a much better world.[/quote] <-----the dumbest thing I have ever read in my life.
Thanks shroomery.

Edited by yageman (12/29/08 09:35 PM)

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

#9514933 - 12/29/08 09:41 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

feifen said:

We're simply trying to stop the rampant urban legend that it's crucial to remove the outer husk--usually it is implied that this will eliminate all nausea and get rid of all "poisons" in the seed, when this is not only false but also unnecessary... the skin only contains a fraction of the poisonous glycosides that are present in the entire seed, and removing the outer layer does not minimize harm.

Yageman, do you have a source for saying that the LSA is only in the outer shell?  I was under the impression that LSA, like the cyanogenic glycosides, was found throughout the seed entire.

--------------------

Edited by deCypher (12/29/08 10:03 PM)

Offlineyageman
already dead
 User Gallery

#9515094 - 12/29/08 10:08 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

lsa's are found throughout the entire seed, but most if not all of what you want is in the woody layer.

I dont know where I got that info.  In a few places im sure.
Its also an assumption I would tend to make even if I had not read about it.
  Alks tend to be found in seeds and in cacti on the outer, more strong tasting/even disgusting layer.
That soft almost tasteless inner material doesnt do much.
I cant provide a source, unless I go and try to find this info for you.

Id also figure that any undesirable chemicals also primarily reside in the woody outer shell.  Go figure
Still, thats the part you want to consume.  That spongy shit is just filler but most people eat it anyway.

Chew VERY well and eat.
Thats how I usually have used them and I think they are great.

I would never eat more than 20(VERY strong dose depending on the seed).  20 is A LOT, and could scare the shit out of alot of people.
  Even at that dose its not gonna come even fucking close to killing you.
At such doses the only info I could give people is to use extraction teks.
  Its my stomach and my mind that I worry about, not my fucking mortality.

20 HBWR seeds last for sooooo many fucking hours, as does 13 seeds(for alot of people that is, and thats partly because it can be very visual but per unit of cognitive psychedelia, the visuals are comparatively weak).
Id be careful with it, but yer not going to die........lol

Ill try to find a link for you.  Well see how that works out.

--------------------
[quote]Me_Roy said:
You moron. Material is material is material.  No 'thing' fixes any situation.  If anything were so simple we would be living in a much better world.[/quote] <-----the dumbest thing I have ever read in my life.
Thanks shroomery.

OfflineInnoculus
 User Gallery

Loc: 0.0.0.1
Re: Morning glory seeds and all that contains LSA... [Re: yageman]
    #9515113 - 12/29/08 10:11 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

yageman said:

I dont know where I got that info.

:thumbup:

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

#9515131 - 12/29/08 10:13 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

yageman said:
Id also figure that any undesirable chemicals also primarily reside in the woody outer shell.

:lol:.  I know how it goes with source finding.  This, however, I believe is incorrect--there was a study referencing a pretty much even distribution of the glycosides throughout the entire seed, but I likewise can't remember where I found it.

20 is a helluva lot, though.  The maximum I've taken has been fifteen (also separately combined with Syrian Rue, but that's a whole other story), and it's a mindfuck and a half.  I'd counsel against taking such high doses on a frequent basis primarily for negative vasoconstrictive effects.

I used to just chew 'em straight, but after quite a few trips I found the nausea was beginning to get linked to the taste.  Now I just grind the bastards up and encapsulate--very little nausea this way.  No need for a water extraction or any such complicated procedure (in fact, I wouldn't want more liquid sloshing around in my stomach either).

They're interesting little buggers.  More complex than shrooms or LSD in my subjective opinion.

--------------------

OfflinePlasmid
Absent
Male

#9515159 - 12/29/08 10:18 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

I've never found any convincing evidence to support the notion that MG seeds are ever coated with poison.  It's possible that they're coated with pesticides, but I don't believe they're coated with poison (I could be wrong).

I found that the Heavenly Blue variety of MG seeds could produce pretty good experiences in the 150 - 250 (5 to 8 gram) range and effects start to get uncomfortable at 12 grams (350 seeds).

I usually just grind the seeds in a coffee grinder, soak in water and filter through a cloth.

--------------------
Absent.

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

Re: Morning glory seeds and all that contains LSA... [Re: Plasmid]
    #9515172 - 12/29/08 10:20 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Plasmid, have you tried both MGs and HBWRs?  I've dabbled quite heavily in the latter, but I'm a bit intrigued as to the subjective difference in trip.

--------------------

Offlineyageman
already dead
 User Gallery

#9515210 - 12/29/08 10:25 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

deCypher said:
Quote:

yageman said:
Id also figure that any undesirable chemicals also primarily reside in the woody outer shell.

:lol:.  I know how it goes with source finding.  This, however, I believe is incorrect--there was a study referencing a pretty much even distribution of the glycosides throughout the entire seed, but I likewise can't remember where I found it.

20 is a helluva lot, though.  The maximum I've taken has been fifteen (also separately combined with Syrian Rue, but that's a whole other story), and it's a mindfuck and a half.  I'd counsel against taking such high doses on a frequent basis primarily for negative vasoconstrictive effects.

I used to just chew 'em straight, but after quite a few trips I found the nausea was beginning to get linked to the taste.  Now I just grind the bastards up and encapsulate--very little nausea this way.  No need for a water extraction or any such complicated procedure (in fact, I wouldn't want more liquid sloshing around in my stomach either).

They're interesting little buggers.  More complex than shrooms or LSD in my subjective opinion.

I dont think you really understood what I was saying.
I was saying that you want to consume the woody outer layer because it is rich in the desired alks(go figure).
Also I was saying that although I dont worry much about the POISON contained, and I dont remember reading about it but Id bet most of those POISONS are contained in the woody outer shell.

I was saying where most of the lsa's reside, not the POISON.
You know?

--------------------
[quote]Me_Roy said:
Thanks shroomery.

InvisibleSophistic Radiance
Free sVs!
Female

Loc: Center of the Universe
    #9515213 - 12/29/08 10:26 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

I love HBWRs. I've only taken them a couple times but it's wonderful that such a good psychedelic drug is so legal.

Generally the come-up makes me sleepy as hell, and I pass out... then suddenly I wake up to find myself tripping. It's a great way to start an experience. :thumbup:

--------------------
Enlil said:
You really are the worst kind of person.

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

#9515218 - 12/29/08 10:26 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Yeah, I understood ya.  I don't know anything about the location or concentration of the active alkaloids; I was just saying that the POISON is, as far as I knew, distributed evenly throughout the entire seed.  Damn it, we need sources for this shit.  Either way, eat yo' husks.

Gotta watch out for that POISON.

--------------------

Edited by deCypher (12/29/08 10:38 PM)

Offlineyageman
already dead
 User Gallery

#9515328 - 12/29/08 10:42 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

husk and shell are different things from my understanding.

I know from experience and reading about it, the woody outer layer is by far the best part of the seed.

Husk,  never seen it.
They usually come without husk.
  The woody outer layer is a part of the seed.  So....You fucking eat it.

I think everyones knowledge about these seeds got really mixed up between words over time.

Ever tried to take the woody outer layer off and trip on the white insides?
It doesnt work much at all.  You could eat the same amout of seeds including the woody layer and trip balls though.
  When I was basically a kid I bought some really great seeds and removed that layer my first time trying it.
  I figured out where to go from there, and the same amount of seeds KICKED MY ASS when I ate the whole seed.

Those white insides are wimpy filler.  They do something but its pretty obvious to me that the outer shell is the shit you are going for.
I mean, morning glories are primarily a semi-hard outer layer.
Tastes bad to me(very weird).  The taste stays with you for a while. Reminds me of salvia in that way.
HBWR seeds taste very similare to mgs.
Where does that same taste come from?  The woody layer.
  The inner core tastes like, lets just say, something that cant be very potent.
Its just spongy crap.  It contains shit.....lol
  Thats just not where the alks, and the point of concern, the POISON, likely resides.

You can experiment with it.
You will likely come to a similar conclusion.

--------------------
[quote]Me_Roy said:
Thanks shroomery.

Edited by yageman (12/29/08 10:43 PM)

OfflinePlasmid
Absent
Male

#9515526 - 12/29/08 11:19 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

I've not tried HBWR.

--------------------
Absent.

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

#9516193 - 12/30/08 01:32 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

My mistake, I meant the outer layer.

--------------------

Offlineyageman
already dead
 User Gallery

#9516255 - 12/30/08 01:43 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

ya, if there is husk, remove it.

--------------------
[quote]Me_Roy said:
Thanks shroomery.

Offlineyageman
already dead
 User Gallery

Re: Morning glory seeds and all that contains LSA... [Re: Plasmid]
    #9516275 - 12/30/08 01:46 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Plasmid said:
I've not tried HBWR.

Well, why dont you try it then you!

Oh plasmid............:smile2:

--------------------
[quote]Me_Roy said:
Thanks shroomery.

OfflineInnoculus
 User Gallery

#9516517 - 12/30/08 03:51 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

He has you ignored, if you weren't aware.

InvisibleSophistic Radiance
Free sVs!
Female

Loc: Center of the Universe
    #9516543 - 12/30/08 04:15 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

yageman said:
:inlove:

--------------------
Enlil said:
You really are the worst kind of person.

OfflineInnoculus
 User Gallery

Re: Morning glory seeds and all that contains LSA... [Re: Sophistic Radiance]
    #9516579 - 12/30/08 04:56 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

I get that impression, myself.

InvisibleCidneyIndole
www.shroomery.OG
Male User Gallery

Loc: Love's Secret Domain
    #9517119 - 12/30/08 09:51 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

I know that morning glories are perfectly legal in New Zealand.

I can't give any links here, of course... but there are NZ-based vendors that you can get seed from (though if I remember correctly, they were a bit more expensive than vendors outside of NZ).

It may, however, be worth the extra to not have to worry about NZ customs. I've heard unpleasant things about them, and my one experience with kiwi customs was not fun.

Search the forums (or even google) for something like "LSA" "Cold Water Extraction."  and you should get most of the info you need.

Good luck.

--------------------
------------------------
I am me. We are You.

Invisibleshadyy
aHhahhHA
 User Gallery

Loc: winchestertonfieldville i...
    #9517147 - 12/30/08 09:56 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

I want to try MGS soon

--------------------

ga ga ga eets eets how you gone be mad on vacation?
MONICA COULDN'T TELL TIME UNTIL SHE WAS 13

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds