Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleSixTango
Mycota

Loc: A little North of Paradis...
Microwave Pressure Cooker
    #951302 - 10/10/02 08:53 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Every once in a while the raccoon makes a circuit of the local thrift & surplus stores. Just to see if he can stumble into some great deal on something he really does not need, LOL.

Today, he can across something just like that, he doesnt need. But it was to cool to pass up for $2.49.

A small PC called a Tender Cooker made by Nordic Ware. You just add a little water & stick the sucker in the microwave. What the hell they gonna think up next? This would be a neat toy for those into pint size cakes, or have severe space & time limitations. It looks like it would also be great for doing agar.

This would make a good prize in the contest forum. As, the racoon has a large AA PC. I checked online & these little suckers sell retail for around $50.

6T :tongue:

--------------------
~whiskey river rafting, hot tubbing, dirty dancing & spending money on - wild women - having fun & just gonna waste the rest~

Edited by Anno (10/30/02 06:12 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinebowling-name
sleuth

Loc: Mirror in the Sky
Re: Microwave Pressure Cooker [Re: SixTango]
    #951339 - 10/10/02 09:11 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Any idea how many jars this would hold?  The only info I can find on it is that is holds "3 lbs of chicken and 1/4 cup of water."  Probably does not achieve 15 psi either (?), so obviously whole grains would be out of the question.  Hopefully people will remember to use something other than a metal band/lid and foil combo!  :wink: 

InvisibleSixTango
Mycota

Re: Microwave Pressure Cooker [Re: bowling-name]
    #951362 - 10/10/02 09:20 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Lil, sumbitch looks like it will hold a pint jar or two half pints. It has a weight on top that is as heavy as my first large Presto that held 15 pounds of pressure?

I would assume that the microwaves would heat whatever was inside it, besides turning the water inside to steam, which would permeate the content. So, it might work w/grain.

I use plastic lids, that can be autoclaved, microwaved or PC'ed. But, your right. You would not want to use a metal lid on a jar in this sucker. Or, you would get to see sparks & blow your microwave tube -- out.

6T  :tongue: 

--------------------
~whiskey river rafting, hot tubbing, dirty dancing & spending money on - wild women - having fun & just gonna waste the rest~

OfflinePsiloSteve
Bioinformant
    #951741 - 10/11/02 02:21 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I see them on ebay all the time. Let me know how it works. I was thinking the same thing.

--------------------
Don't worry be happy!

OfflineStS
treetoker
Male User Gallery

Loc: Earth
    #952287 - 10/11/02 06:34 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I don't think it would work too well. The micro would not only heat the added water to the cooker to produce steam, but would also heat the water inside your substrate creating hot spots and eventually burning things.

--------------------

"You took too much, man....too much, too much!"

InvisibleBilge
longtimenoC

Loc: USA
Re: Microwave Pressure Cooker [Re: StS]
    #952329 - 10/11/02 06:46 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

the description i read said "gentle pressure". i bet it's far below 15 psi, probably below 10 psi.

--------------------
Shopping for your head? Visit HeadShopFinder.com or find Online Head Shops.

InvisibleSixTango
Mycota

Re: Microwave Pressure Cooker [Re: StS]
    #952469 - 10/11/02 07:45 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

LOL, I paid $2.49 cents for it. I bought it as a novelty.

As stated before, the weight is rather heavy. So, it must build considerable pressure. I assume water inside it would turn to steam -- before the microwaves burnt any content. That steam under pressure would tend to heat the content evenly, rather than create hot spots, as you suggest.

How else would it cook 3 pounds of chicken -- evenly? It would seem it would be good for fractile sterilization, worst case.

At least it would be better than simply boiling a jar PF style. As it would get to a higher temp -- because of the steam pressure. Whatever the case, it is a novelty, NOT any serious eqt. It is just a toy.

The raccoon doesnt do PF style cakes, or any style cakes, anyway.

6T  :tongue:

--------------------

Offlinehappycamper
fresh on thescene
    #952988 - 10/11/02 04:19 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

would a quart jar fit in one of those?

--------------------
"If you want to improve be content to be thought foolish & stupid." -quote from some movie

InvisibleSixTango
Mycota

Re: Microwave Pressure Cooker [Re: happycamper]
    #953010 - 10/11/02 04:30 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Nope. A pint jar will & I think like 3 half pints. 6T  :tongue: 

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags