Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinedamoke
Stranger
 User Gallery
Super Soaker Spore Spreader: Maui Style
    #9512376 - 12/29/08 01:41 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

So, Ive decided to put the super soaker idea to the test with a little experiment.

I've been collecting Pan. cyan's (also some subbs, few and far between) from the pasture/gulch behind my house for a couple months now with average results (maybe 150g fresh a go). Anyway, I would like to increase my yield the next time we get some more rain.

Sooooo, next time I go hunting, I plan on bringing a super soaker and some extra water with me and I guess i will tap caps into the mix as i find them and on the way back (is a pretty linear hunt) spray around.
Any input on my methodology is welcome, if you know a better way please tell.

Ill post my results in after the next rain.

PS: Would a mixture of salt and rice work as a desiccant? I've been fan drying, but usually they're still not dry after 2 days and that last time some got mold because its pretty humid.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleGerman Kahuna
Facepalmer of Stoopid
Male User Gallery

Loc: On a Chemical Vacation
Re: Super Soaker Spore Spreader: Maui Style [Re: damoke]
    #9512413 - 12/29/08 01:48 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

I'd spore print the caps if I were you. Then, when you are ready to use the super soaker, fill a bucket or whatever with as much water as the super soaker will hold. Then scrape the spores from the prints into the bucket, stir and soak back up.
Now, if you want to see better results, I'd make an unreal amount of liquid culture out of those spore prints and dump it all in a bucket and stir the living shit out of it. Then load it up into the super soaker and shoot live mycelium everywhere! :thumbup:

--------------------
"Vegetarian" [ /ˌvedʒəˈteəriən/] - Ancient slang meaning "village idiot who can't hunt, fish or ride".

OfflinemuleV
just a ass
Male User Gallery
Loc: Jamaica-- umm what day is... Flag
Re: Super Soaker Spore Spreader: Maui Style [Re: German Kahuna]
    #9512456 - 12/29/08 01:56 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

also try spreading out manure

--------------------
Best Quotes;
Agar
One little needle prick with a loaded spore syringe.
And, the spores rule you forever.
:crazy2:

My reality check bounced, Whats your excuse?

InvisibleMUSH HEAD420
Kush Commander
Male User Gallery

#9513039 - 12/29/08 04:05 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

German Kahuna said:
I'd spore print the caps if I were you. Then, when you are ready to use the super soaker, fill a bucket or whatever with as much water as the super soaker will hold. Then scrape the spores from the prints into the bucket, stir and soak back up.
Now, if you want to see better results, I'd make an unreal amount of liquid culture out of those spore prints and dump it all in a bucket and stir the living shit out of it. Then load it up into the super soaker and shoot live mycelium everywhere! :thumbup:

wow .....never thought about doin that!!!! does it work?:)

Invisibleweiliiiiiii
Stranger

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Super Soaker Spore Spreader: Maui Style [Re: MUSH HEAD420]
    #9513251 - 12/29/08 04:44 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

this is not a new method, ive heard about it being done many times

Edited by weiliiiiiii (12/29/08 04:45 PM)

InvisibleGerman Kahuna
Facepalmer of Stoopid
Male User Gallery

#9513402 - 12/29/08 05:08 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

MUSH HEAD420 said:

Quote:

German Kahuna said: Now, if you want to see better results, I'd make an unreal amount of liquid culture out of those spore prints and dump it all in a bucket and stir the living shit out of it. Then load it up into the super soaker and shoot live mycelium everywhere! :thumbup:

It most definitely will. Aim at cow or horse droppings in the pastures and come back later. Given the right weather conditions - Result!

--------------------
"Vegetarian" [ /ˌvedʒəˈteəriən/] - Ancient slang meaning "village idiot who can't hunt, fish or ride".

InvisibleGerman Kahuna
Facepalmer of Stoopid
Male User Gallery

Re: Super Soaker Spore Spreader: Maui Style [Re: weiliiiiiii]
    #9513426 - 12/29/08 05:13 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

weiliiiiiii said:

Funny that you say that, because I've never read about it anywhere. It just occurred to me as the one most logical thing to do if you wanted to spread a dung lover in its natural habitat as quickly as possible.

--------------------

Offlinemycot
Crazy as fuck
 User Gallery

Loc: Australia
    #9513500 - 12/29/08 05:26 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Sounds like an inefficient method to me. For one tapping caps into water isn't going to release a great deal of spores and even using whole sporeprints there is still a good deal of work walking around visiting all those cowpats. Still it may have a high enough success rate to make it worthwhile, I've never tried it. What I do is hang a few shrooms in some tree branches so the breezes spread the released spores over the whole area.

Offlinefalcon
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
    #9513510 - 12/29/08 05:29 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

PS: Would a mixture of salt and rice work as a desiccant? I've been fan drying, but usually they're still not dry after 2 days and that last time some got mold because its pretty humid.

Probably not.

Do you have an air conditioner?, they lower the humidity.
Good place to dry small mushrooms is in the refrigerator in
a paper bag or outside the refrigerator above the  heat
exchange coils on screening, the coils heat the air some and
create some air movement.

InvisibleGerman Kahuna
Facepalmer of Stoopid
Male User Gallery

Re: Super Soaker Spore Spreader: Maui Style [Re: mycot]
    #9513554 - 12/29/08 05:37 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

mycot said:
Sounds like an inefficient method to me. For one tapping caps into water isn't going to release a great deal of spores and even using whole sporeprints there is still a good deal of work walking around visiting all those cowpats. Still it may have a high enough success rate to make it worthwhile, I've never tried it. What I do is hang a few shrooms in some tree branches so the breezes spread the released spores over the whole area.

Dude, did you read the liquid culture part? Do you know what a liquid culture is? It's not hard to produce in large quantities at all. You can even clone your favorite little bastard instead of using multispore and hell, yes, that would work just fine and if you have cow pastures at your disposal to use as playing grounds, that's way easier than cultivating them at home. Maybe not all will make it, but hey, if you shoot up a couple of hundred cow patties... who cares? Plus you get all the fun from talking a walk shooting mycelium at cow droppings with a super soaker. Now beat that!

--------------------

Offlinefalcon
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
    #9513640 - 12/29/08 05:52 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Offlinesmokdatkush
Hunter
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cope-land
Re: Super Soaker Spore Spreader: Maui Style [Re: weiliiiiiii]
    #9513942 - 12/29/08 06:49 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

weiliiiiiii said:

deffenitaly an old idea , hell i been trying to get you to do that for florida for years ....

--------------------

InvisibleMr. Mushrooms
Spore Print Collector
 User Gallery

Loc: Registered: 6/04/02
    #9514301 - 12/29/08 08:00 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

damoke said:
So, Ive decided to put the super soaker idea to the test with a little experiment.

I've been collecting Pan. cyan's (also some subbs, few and far between) from the pasture/gulch behind my house for a couple months now with average results (maybe 150g fresh a go). Anyway, I would like to increase my yield the next time we get some more rain.

Sooooo, next time I go hunting, I plan on bringing a super soaker and some extra water with me and I guess i will tap caps into the mix as i find them and on the way back (is a pretty linear hunt) spray around.
Any input on my methodology is welcome, if you know a better way please tell.

Ill post my results in after the next rain.

Psychically will the spores to another area.  I use this one all the time.  It's a no miss.

--------------------

Offlinemycot
Crazy as fuck
 User Gallery

Loc: Australia
Re: Super Soaker Spore Spreader: Maui Style [Re: Mr. Mushrooms]
    #9536149 - 01/03/09 03:28 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Kahuna, I did read the liquid culture part but my post was not addressing that. Sorry about the misunderstanding. I imagine it would be more efficient than using spore-water and possibly blending up a shroom with some water in a blender may also work.
For many folks though they want to get in and out of a field as quickly as possible and definitely would not want to be sprung with a super-soaker of any sort.

Offline4 ho cultivar
Transcending plains
Male User Gallery

Loc: Central, Oregon {represen...
Re: Super Soaker Spore Spreader: Maui Style [Re: mycot]
    #9536170 - 01/03/09 03:54 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

I've got a couple horse pastures in my backyard. I'm just gonna do parts no one can see me....

best way would be to just use quart jars and get as many as possible.

8 quarts is 2 gallons and thats a lot of super soaker spray.

I'm definitely going to do it if all works out.
peace

g. kahuna. just injected like probably i'd guess 20 quarts of stuff{grains,coir,brf cake} the gammet I knocked up as much as I could. I even did a couple pyrex baking dishes with brf,verm,coir,coffee and gypsum and some shot glasses for fun....

NOW WE WAIT:shemalegremlin:

--------------------
:mushroom2::crazy2::mushroom2::crazy2::Patience be thy virtue:crazy2::mushroom2::crazy2::mushroom2:

Blurring the line between reality and dreams
Mr. Winkie says: "Procrastinators unite................................tommorrow!!:ganja:
G.Kahuna said: "Plus you get all the fun from taking a walk {and} shooting mycelium at cow droppings with a super soaker. Now beat that!":cuteshit:

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
Trusted Identifier
Re: Super Soaker Spore Spreader: Maui Style [Re: 4 ho cultivar]
    #9538213 - 01/03/09 02:56 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

you inoculated these with non-sterile wild spores?

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

InvisibleGerman Kahuna
Facepalmer of Stoopid
Male User Gallery

Re: Super Soaker Spore Spreader: Maui Style [Re: canid]
    #9538257 - 01/03/09 03:02 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Naw, that was just a comment towards me regarding two cubensis spore prints I sent him after his last project went tits up due to contams.
So far everything seems :borat:

--------------------

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Identifier
    #9538302 - 01/03/09 03:08 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

ah, i get you.

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

OfflineBeege
gatherer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Germany Flag
Re: Super Soaker Spore Spreader: Maui Style [Re: canid]
    #9538382 - 01/03/09 03:19 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

canid said:
you inoculated these with non-sterile wild spores?

that's the thing I don't understand about cultivation from a wild strain. How would one obtain a sterile print?

--------------------

OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site

Re: Super Soaker Spore Spreader: Maui Style [Re: Beege]
    #9538436 - 01/03/09 03:29 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

agar>grain>fruit>paper

ive had luck using wild prints, doing multispore.
the less spores u use from the print, the less chance of there being contamn spores in with the mushroom ones.

make a shitload of syringes only filled with 1CC, and only use little scrapings from various places on the print.

eventually u will hit a spot where theres no contaminants in the print and get a good culture.

but yeah, agar work is easier.

InvisibleGerman Kahuna
Facepalmer of Stoopid
Male User Gallery

Re: Super Soaker Spore Spreader: Maui Style [Re: Beege]
    #9538448 - 01/03/09 03:31 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

You don't. It's not necessary, either. No wild print is sterile. Not even the print of a cultivated mushroom is. That's were agar work comes to play. You use multiple petri dishes and transfer some spores from the print onto them. Then you isolate some wedges that seem to be harboring only clean mycelium and transfer them to another fresh petri dish. Once you see only healthy mycelium growth, you transfer that to a spawn substrate and then to a bulk substrate from there after the has been spawn fully colonized.

--------------------

Edited by German Kahuna (01/03/09 03:44 PM)

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Identifier
Re: Super Soaker Spore Spreader: Maui Style [Re: CptnGarden]
    #9538489 - 01/03/09 03:36 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

i've done successful mustispore inoculations from wild prints, but i don't make syringes or any liquid inoculant when doing so, a small scraping of spore deposit can work, though you will still have high contam rates, and i still inoculate to agar.

making a syringe from a dirty print is just distributing contaminant germ evenly throughout the inoculant medium.

--------------------

Invisibletahoe
Noob Slayer
Male User Gallery

Loc: N38.93829W119.98108
    #9538540 - 01/03/09 03:43 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

MUSH HEAD420 said:

Quote:

German Kahuna said:

Yes it absolutely works!!! It is the only way to explain the outbreak of friscosas in the parking lots that are within 5 miles from here

--------------------
Stop experimenting half way through your first grow. Grow it to maturity, watch it, learn from it. Do this a few times then experiment with different ideas and figure out what works best for you.

My Legacy
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/22140987#22140987

Teh=The
I need to proofread

InvisibleGerman Kahuna
Facepalmer of Stoopid
Male User Gallery

Re: Super Soaker Spore Spreader: Maui Style [Re: tahoe]
    #9538564 - 01/03/09 03:46 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

tahoe said:
Quote:

MUSH HEAD420 said:

Quote:

German Kahuna said:

Yes it absolutely works!!! It is the only way to explain the outbreak of friscosas in the parking lots that are within 5 miles from here

:hehehe:  :voila:  :pirate: ARRRRR!!!

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck