Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinecircularvortex
Bass Head
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Flag
Effects Pedals
    #9511836 - 12/29/08 11:28 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Hey gang, I'm thinking of getting an effects pedal to play with my bass.  I'd at least like it to be able to do 'wah', but if somebody knows a decent reasonably priced pedal that has a few effects that would be sweet!  Right now I'm looking at this...

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Dunlop-Original-Crybaby-Wah-Pedal?sku=151000

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, federal, or fashion police laws. All posts are works of fiction.

For well you know that its a fool who plays it cool
By making his world a little colder.

Under closer inspection I realised it was a funky ball of tits from outer space.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleChronic7

Re: Effects Pedals [Re: circularvortex]
    #9511859 - 12/29/08 11:34 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

I play guitar & used to run through a board with about 5/6 pedals, now i plug straight into the amp & use built in fx, running through more than 2/3 pedals & you will lose quality, even with gold plated leads

I play a fender strat & have a fender amp, i'd say the boss reverb & delay pedals i have are alot better than the built in fx, but the distortion is way better using the amps built in fx, i have a big muff pi (jimi hendrix distortion sound pedal) & the built in distortion in the fender amp sounds a million times better

Im selling all pedals now & just gonna use reverb & delay pedals, the rest i can leave up to the amp

Imo theres nothing like plugging straight into the amp & getting the clean sound, i wanna go home & play just thinking about that gorgeous sound i get!

:peace:

--------------------

Offlinecircularvortex
Bass Head
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Effects Pedals [Re: Chronic7]
    #9512079 - 12/29/08 12:29 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

I don't really like the way distortion sounds with bass guitars.  I play a lot more funky/bluesy stuff than I do metal or punk.

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, federal, or fashion police laws. All posts are works of fiction.

Under closer inspection I realised it was a funky ball of tits from outer space.

InvisibleChronic7

#9512346 - 12/29/08 01:35 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

I dont play metal or punk really, i play bluesy rock
White stripes kinda stuff...bit of distortion & reverb sounds sweet! A bit of delay if im feeling fancy...
I should get a wah pedal, that would top it off, or maybe a chorus pedal
Dammit im back to 4 pedals!

For bass id go with maybe an eq pedal or a compression pedal or a wah like you say...chorus can sound awesome on a bass aswell

We got a digitech BP50 in the shop i work at for £50, sounds decent enough, unless your particularly going for a dedicated pedal & sound

:peace:

--------------------

Offlinejeffloomis
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Effects Pedals [Re: Chronic7]
    #9513680 - 12/29/08 05:59 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Go for a nice delay pedal, I'm using the Boss DD-3 Digital Delay, wicked little pedal I must say.

If you wan't the Wah I suggest the Dunlop Crybaby JH-1 Jimi Hendrix Signature, best Wah I've ever used/owned in my life.

--------------------
"Prevail, the time has come
Crush the enemy, one by one
Prevail, like a venomous snake
Ready to strike and dominate
Prevail, we conquer as one
Pound the enemy, 'till it's done
Prevail!"

Offlinecircularvortex
Bass Head
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Effects Pedals [Re: jeffloomis]
    #9517766 - 12/30/08 12:16 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Any word on whether it would be worth it to get pedals especially for bass?  They seem to be a bit more expensive in general...

I can't really see what difference it would make, but I'm inexperienced in these things.

--------------------

Offlinecircularvortex
Bass Head
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #9544836 - 01/04/09 04:29 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

I ended up with a Digitech BP200.  I like it so far, it's got lots of pre-programmed effects and drumlines (which I was PUMPED about) and I think if I actually read the manual I'll be able to program my own effects.  Pretty nifty :thumbup:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1