Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Anonymous

Re: Why are people so afraid of the 5th level? [Re: HB]
    #955412 - 10/12/02 04:08 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I have a pretty big ego for a person. I probably function almost completely on my ego level.

I did have an ego-death once, but it wasn't while tripping. I was drunk. It was kind of weird. I realized what an awful person I was. It was actually very nice. It probably wasn't quite like a trip ego-death, probably less clearheaded and less revelatory but it was definitely ego loss. For me it was a big night but it still hasn't changed me at all. I have a really big ego. It can't be touched. I'm thinking that I'll have to eat like 20 grams dried to get ego death by trip. I would love to trip to the 5th level. I'm up for anything and everything. I'm not afraid of anything. There's nothing in life to be afraid of.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblereshroomED
Stranger

Loc: Australia
Re: Why are people so afraid of the 5th level? [Re: ]
    #956156 - 10/13/02 12:53 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Being afraid of a bad trip is, in itself, the best way to have one.
Level 4 & 5 trips are a fucking serious adventure. And you can't get off the bus till the rides over. Don't think it's all benevolent plant spirits guiding you to some fantastic inner realisation that will instantly forge your psyche into a new improved model. In my experience (under high doses) the learning comes from the tearing away of facades/filters/generalisations that we associate with certain thoughts and ideas in our lives. Staring at facts and faces that you really don't want to accept can be very harrowing, even if therapeutic.
And yes, there are many things in life to be scared of. Fear is an emotion common to all sentient creatures and for good reason. It keeps the species alive. The less people kiss snakes, the more people there will be.

--------------------
I'd rather a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy

InvisibleRipple
Ripple
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: the timbers of Fennario
Re: Why are people so afraid of the 5th level? [Re: chemkid]
    #956660 - 10/13/02 09:51 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

How True....it all depends on what you want to get out of the experience, and one piece of advice, being a little afraid of a level 5 trip is smart! It cannot be put into words at least not by me, Im not that gifted in writing, but high level trips can alter your life. In my case it was for the better, but that is not always the case.

--------------------
The bus came by and I got on that's when it all began!

OfflineFungusBoi
Hedonist
Male
Re: Why are people so afraid of the 5th level? [Re: Ripple]
    #956671 - 10/13/02 10:04 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

i've really got to disagree with people who say a level 4-5 trip CANNOT be fun. i completely had a level 5 last night, and it was amazing. my previous level 5 was scary, but definitly gave me the experience to enjoy the second one. last night, i had a complete loss of ego, and i battled with all the questions about life that had been bothering me for the first hour (real time). it wasn't scary so much as difficult, it gave me a lot of time to examine how i view the world. after the ovewhelming visuals stopped, i was left with no sense of past, or future, only a sense that everything was now, with no reason to distinguish. this was so therapeutic because it takes away any of your ability to worry. there wasn't any past haunting me, and no future to worry about...i was in an absolutly beautiful place, and my friends on the trip were there with me. after the third hour i baselined (haha, love my metabolism...5g and only 3 hours of tripping..only done it 3x, too), went home, and reflected on what problems came up in my trip, and how i'm going to deal with them in real life.

for me, level 5s are great, because as you lowe the ego, you fear that you arn't really who you consider yourself to be, but for me, i always come through being who i want to be as a person, and that's a great feeling to be able to trust in myself that way.

--------------------
"Never rest for even a second, because a second becomes a minute, a minute becomes an hour, a hour becomes a day, and a day, a lifetime" -PTEI

OfflineTrauM
Poker Player

Loc: North America
Re: Why are people so afraid of the 5th level? [Re: FungusBoi]
    #957640 - 10/13/02 06:00 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

You would love to reach 4 and 5?

More like you would love to get out of 4 and 5 as fast as you wanted to get in..

Nuff said.

--------------------
Oh what a tangled web we weave when we practise to deceive..

OfflineEarth_Droid
Stranger
Re: Why are people so afraid of the 5th level? [Re: reshroomED]
    #957647 - 10/13/02 06:03 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

You could have just asked why are people afraid of reality, and of themselfs. I think it is because they are fed so much bullshit in their lifetimes, that it damages there pour ego to have their world completely shattered. So basically most people don't actually reach the so called fifth level. It is beyond concepts, and I guess the only reason to label it is so people that are in the know, will have somehting to talk about. So ya, most people don't have ego death. None of my friends have had ego death, I seem to be the only one out of the people I have met in person that take my trips serious. They usually don't experience much, I think they aren't ready to handle it. I wasn't either, but I managed to break through.

Edited by Earth_Droid (10/13/02 06:07 PM)

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: hyperspace
Re: Why are people so afraid of the 5th level? [Re: Earth_Droid]
    #957873 - 10/13/02 07:27 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

TOOOO intense.

Forgetting where you are whats going and who you are is scary. I totally forgot i ingested a drug one time and thought i was insane...

3 grams dried cube is perfect for me. Lvl3 trips are the best.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
    #959103 - 10/14/02 04:35 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I think level five is greatly over described - many a level three and four trip is being described as level 5 - true level five is beyond comprehension

--------------------

InvisiblereshroomED
Stranger

Loc: Australia
Re: Why are people so afraid of the 5th level? [Re: Zen Peddler]
    #962467 - 10/15/02 07:19 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Or accurate description.

--------------------
I'd rather a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy

OfflineLoverofEarth
spirit on ajourney

Loc: the in-between
Re: Why are people so afraid of the 5th level? [Re: reshroomED]
    #999369 - 10/28/02 07:21 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Tell me if im wrong.. but if you have good intentions and a great setting and are not afraid of what may come, a level 5 trip is really the point of ingesting mushrooms. Lesser levels are alright, theraputic, whatever but level 5's are your chance to learn the most?

Im still in the process of getting shrooms, but I should have some within a month or two (incubating a bunch of jars now) I plan to fast for at least a couple days before my first trip and ingest a medium amount - 4g or so. Good or bad idea?

Loe

Offlinedumlovesyou
retired shroomer
 User Gallery

Loc: One dimension
    #999462 - 10/28/02 08:34 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Hi! I have reached a level 5 for my first trip!! :smile: I ate very many!! :smile: IT WAS MY BEST TRIP EVER!!! I don't know why people think of high level of something scary.. Of course I think I have a very good way of thinking.. in the way that I was sure before the trip that NOTHING can scare me.. And so was it..  BECOMING ONE WITH THE UNIVERSE AND ABSOLUTE LOVE OF THE CREATOR!!! :smile: I always wanted to write a trip report, but didn't even after some pretty long time..  :wink: SHROOM ON!! DOSE UP! :smile:

--------------------
I see trees of green, psylocibe mushrooms too
I see them bloom for me and you
And I think to myself what a wonderful world

Offlineliquidity
experienced
Loc: USA
Re: Why are people so afraid of the 5th level? [Re: dumlovesyou]
    #999652 - 10/28/02 10:19 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I've had the level 5 experience on acid twice. they were both bad trips. All concepts of human life and existance blown away. Sense of self, gone, replaced by a scary, urgent feeling of panic. I was lost in intense full blown hallucinations. I dont know if my eyes were closed or not. The first time I ate 5 at once, and was camping. The intense, scary ego death part lasted about 2 hours. The other time i had ate 2, then lost the concept of what those little gel things were. I knew i was supposed to eat them, so i ate 4 more. That was the most intense trip i ever had. Full blown hallucinations, being in different places, visions of my death. Not a desired tripping level. With mushrooms I have only voyaged to level 3, a nice experience.

OfflineAzWeThinkWeIz420
just an illusion

Loc: nor-cal
Re: Why are people so afraid of the 5th level? [Re: liquidity]
    #999817 - 10/28/02 11:30 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

well ive had many low dose trips, but once i ate about 5 and a half grams and i was for sure a level 4 with parts of it maybe going into level 5, but that was only after i smoked hella purple kush. i remember having many many revelations and what not but i cant rememeber any of them. maybe its cuz i smoked so much weed. that usually seems to be the case everytime i shroom but i dont mind

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1000176 - 10/28/02 01:52 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

"Why are people so afraid of tripping on the 4th and 5th levels?"

In my opinion and from my experience with several level 5 trips (Zzzzzzzip-POW!), the reason people fear and oftentimes get scared during the ego-loss experience is because modern society depends so much on the ego (Edit #1: Addition) with regards to feeding you advertisements and keeping you part of the machine (End edit #1) that its programmed into us to not let go.

-=- Matt/Strumpling -=-
let go, remember "I'll still be me when this is over," and smoke some weed ;-)

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Edited by Strumpling (10/28/02 01:55 PM)

OfflineChefRamenNoodle
The Chef
Re: Why are people so afraid of the 5th level? [Re: Strumpling]
    #1003527 - 10/29/02 03:04 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

i havent shroomed yet, but i expect i will wait til i have alot of experience with them before going for a level 4/5, and until the time is right. definately dont wanna go for a hike or something and eat too much and end up in a river or something.

--------------------
--
[url=www.cafeshops.com/cheframen]Disinformation Awareness Office[/url

Offlinecroftsk
cupcake

Re: Why are people so afraid of the 5th level? [Re: ChefRamenNoodle]
    #1003699 - 10/29/02 04:14 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

im not ready for a level 4/5 yet...at the moment i am quite comfortable at lvl 3 and taking myself deeper through meditation and my NovaPro 100.
And if you are going to attempt a lvl5, memorise the Psychedelic Experience!

--------------------
Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes.
You are free. - Jim Morrison

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: Why are people so afraid of the 5th level? [Re: Strumpling]
    #1003775 - 10/29/02 04:51 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

"Why are people so afraid of tripping on the 4th and 5th levels?"

I don't know that people are afraid so much as that they have had bad experiences at those levels and do not want to repeat the episode.

A 4th level trip is a wild ride... lots of confusion, the mind starts to think on its own, everything is moving, etc... if you aren't ready to let go and take the ride, if you try to fight what is happening, it is going to turn bad. At the 4th level, the fight is over and you lost. It is difficult to surrendor oneself to the flows of the drug and not give in to the fear of being broken somehow. It is easy to remember that it is only a drug, but difficult to believe.

A 5th level trip is different... there is still a lot of confusion... the mind still thinks on its own, along with everything else, but the sense of self is no longer there to witness it. Eons pass and then suddenly you are back in the middle of chaos... just long enough to gasp for a breath of air before time stops again. This cycle of birth and death seems to be never ending. Each time getting pulled under wondering if this really is the end. Unless you are at peace with death the experience is truely horrific. If you can learn to relax instead of panic in the birth cycle, you have time to embrace the revelations you witness in the death cycle.

Another reason a lot of people don't like 4's and 5's is because they are eating the fruit to party, not for spiritual purposes. The 3rd level is the party level... if you want to party and hit a level 4 or 5, its like being slobery drunk instead of have a good time drunk... many newbies read that there are 5 levels and without giving it any thought they demand a level 5 thinking it will be the best party level. Next think you know they are posting the trip from hell and swearing off mushrooms for life.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

OfflineTeTr0
Mmmmmmmmmm

Loc: Right here, where I belon...
Re: Why are people so afraid of the 5th level? [Re: HB]
    #1006233 - 10/30/02 11:53 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

My 1st & only trip (so far) was deffinitely a level 4/5. Before eating the shrooms, I didn't know anything about them or what I was getting into. At the peak I couldn't comprehend anything, I lost all concepts of reality. It was so scary... everything was just spiraling around me & didn't make a bit of sense & I remember all I kept thinking was, "What if this is the way I have to live life from now on??" It sucked! I remember when I finally came out of it I was so happy that I was alive & well. That experience deffinitely changed my outlook on life! But at the same time I guess I am kind of glad that I did go through that experience becasue now I also know what a bad trip is like & since then have been trying to find ways to keep myself from going that route again the next time I decide to trip (such as taking a lower dose, listening to music, going outside, etc.). Plus, I have learned that you should know what you are getting into before you get into it!!

--------------------
I know what you want, I can give it to you.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract