Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisiblePyroBurns
душа кофе

Re: Whats with the "Gay" Persona? [Re: BoneMan]
    #9512928 - 12/29/08 03:38 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

BoneMan said:
Quote:

doom876 said:
the only reason I'd wear pink is if it was that awesome neon ulra bright hot pink, in a cool pattern, or to piss my dad off.

:rofl: Thats a sure-fire way to piss off most dads.  Just having a gay son is enough to piss off most dads.

I read a fascinating theory on a possible cause of homosexuality.  All human fetuses are female up until a certain stage of development.  A fetus with the Y chromosome will develop testicles and begin to produce testosterone at some point. When there is enough testosterone, it is released from the testes to the rest of the body. The testosterone causes the body, and then the brain to masculinize. The theory is that in some people, there is enough testosterone to masculinize the body, but not enough to fully masculinize the brain.  Therefore a male can be left with the desire for males, as his brain is still in a more feminine form and retains some feminine traits.

The one thing that bugs me about gay guys is the intentional lisp that some of them have.  Isn't a lisp considered a speech impediment? Hell, when I was in elementary school they put kids into a speech therapy class if they had lisps.

Not every gay guy is feminine. And not all females are straight. So I don't believe that theory very much, even though I'm a good candidate (youngest out of six siblings).

There's no solid theory about being gay. Population control? Not really. What about a gay couple who decide to knock up a few chicks? Society builders? Not really. Some are dumb, and lots of straights help out in this category. Mean male figures while growing up? Every single nerd would be gay if that was the case.

It's a mystery. But not so much if you're actually gay.

--------------------
Remember to cut your nails regularly.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleApollyphelion
Dungeon Master/Princess(1009)
Female User Gallery

Loc: Festival of Deaths
Re: Whats with the "Gay" Persona? [Re: PyroBurns]
    #9513306 - 12/29/08 04:53 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Well, I personally think sexuality is genetic,
as well as personality and attitude (although
half of this is also probably learned behavior
from peer groups aswell)

It's all mixed up, I think, and I think
Flamboyant gay men are associated with
"what it means to be gay" when in fact there
are everything from "straigt-acting gay men"
to gay biker thugs, and everything in between.

I think there may be a correlation between
sexuality and personality, although a correlation
like a braid, seperate, yet intertwined.

I also think certain qualities are genetically
innate, such as the broad spectrum of what is
generally considered "masculine or feminine".
About hal of these traits are decided by the
areas of the brain resposible for cross chatter
and self-image processing.

For instance I consider myself a tool-using-Woman
one tool I use is a male body that I am stuck in; doesn't quite match what "I feel like". I am attracted to both sexes, and both genders, and tend
to think of hetero-sexual sex as a means to exchange gentic information....Which I'm all about
if the patterns match.

I also think there is a type of pressure
dealing with associations. Similar to club
mentality or social memes, these lumps
of information can be unloaded on an individual.
Sometimes it will change you.

One can have the traits o a particular group or
mindset, yet want to have no business with
anything associated with that.

everyone has the potential for an intimate sexual
relationship, the majority come with genetic exchange and also trying to impose a sense
o neutrality when dealing with nature.
Ya think mother nature gives a shit if fags or breeders live on or die strong? Nope.

it's still all very plastic an malleable; you can be
anyone you want to, even if it is from genetic, enviormental, or imaginary pressure.

I have omni-exchange information names!

--------------------

"I'm looking at you looking at it"

SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL PLEASE! www.youtube.com/apollyphelion

Creator of the World's Worst Comic Book

Offlinestimpson
a superhero buddha
Male User Gallery

Loc: ny
    #9513335 - 12/29/08 04:57 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

yep.  it's funny.  plus, it's a good way to get taken care of what with minority hiring and the 'quality' and 'cleanliness' that's typically associated with the culture.

i'm hypothesizing...

--------------------
uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhmmmm... ... ...

ok.

Offlinextofury
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Whats with the "Gay" Persona? [Re: Almond Flour]
    #9518354 - 12/30/08 02:00 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

The answer to that is either something internal with the guy, OR, they are just wimps that think they have to conform to the gay scene in order to fit in.

Not all of them go that way; but a good chunk of them do.  They do this to advertise their sexuality.  They want other people to know about them, and maybe wearing a pride pin or a bracelet isn't enough for them to get people's attention.  The more dramatic and flamboyant you get, the more other gay dudes take notice because it's part of the scene and it's a tool used for communicating sexual interests.

For me it's just easier to tell someone that they are hot, or use body language to communicate sexual interest than to act girly, flammy and what not.

It's sad how many weak minded individuals put up that whole charade because they are not being who they are in the first place, or because they can't be who they are to get accepted into the gay scene.  Being gay isn't fucked up, but the culture and general lifestyle is.  Trust me it's fucked up.  The scene is ruled by hookups.... whatever happened to the notion of a lifetime bond?  Not so rare with straight folk but in the gay sub-culture it is increasingly rare because of the fact that the most visual and vocal of us, are usually the trashiest.

Offlinextofury
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Whats with the "Gay" Persona? [Re: DimensionX]
    #9518405 - 12/30/08 02:08 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

lmao I'm masculine all the way but with my clothes off I suppose I'm a little twinkish.  That won't stop me from buying a 24oz hammer at the hardware store instead of buying the pussy one because it is easier to use at first.  It won't stop me from rigging cranes, and it won't stop me from being able to pick up a jack hammer for 2 days straight (ouch that hurt the fucking wrists, no shock resist gloves).

All I'm sayin is I wear something to make it obvious instead of changing my personality or image to embrace their shitty culture.  And I'm not embarassed if people notice cuz I have something smart ass to say if they say something negative about it.  I just do one thing to advertise what I am, because people's gaydars are apparently jammed around me.  That isn't shoving it in people's faces.

The thing I hate the most about that effiminism embracing culture, is these men just go all pansy out.  They are terrified of tools, don't know how to fix things, aren't willing to try, expect people to kill their spiders for them (when you can just roll up a piece of paper and wack it yourself), scream like girls if they see a rodent (when I'd rather just think of a way to kill the fucking thing for fun)....

Gay culture sucks.  I like men for a reason and I'm sick of it immasculating all these open-minded guys just so they can fit in due to their sexual preference.

Invisibleblewmeanie
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Flag
. [Re: xtofury]
    #9518457 - 12/30/08 02:19 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

--------------------
The Prophecy!

Learn To Code

Edited by blewmeanie (02/02/10 10:23 PM)

InvisibleApollyphelion
Female User Gallery

#9518467 - 12/30/08 02:20 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

The problem with women is that they end up like their mothers. The problem with men is that they don't.

-Oscar Wilde i beleive.

--------------------

Offlinextofury
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Whats with the "Gay" Persona? [Re: blewmeanie]
    #9518600 - 12/30/08 02:45 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

ummm sure.  I find most people are weak willed followers anyways.

Alpha male, beta male.  Leaders and followers.  If you gotta change your whole beliefs and values just to be who you really are, then you are still living a lie.  Gay culture is just a bigger sized closet that's busting at it's seams.

InvisibleFerris
PsychedelicJourneyman
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Whats with the "Gay" Persona? [Re: circularvortex]
    #9518796 - 12/30/08 03:28 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

circularvortex said:
Probably because it's just so fabulous!

Hey, it's the dude from Hackers

If I were gay, I'd act like the most manly man there is to compensate.

--------------------

Discuss Politics

Offlinextofury
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Whats with the "Gay" Persona? [Re: Ferris]
    #9518932 - 12/30/08 03:59 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

lmao...

that's funny.

and I do act as manly as possible but not because I'm making a point but because I get a kick OUT OF THAT.  I like being different, and I'm not a sheep I don't like to flock to the cultural masses.

That being said, I see various theories as to why people are gay.

Maybe there are certain genetic and environmental factors that contribute but I think it all comes down to a personal decision.

LMAO anybody ever consider the fact that it is a multiple more pleasureable than regular sex once you get accustomed to it?  Anybody ever wonder how a bottom could exist?  Ever watch them moan like a bitch when they're getting fucked, cuz I don't think men do that uncontrollably when they are the top (oooh bottoms do though), it ends up being more like grunting...  I used to be straight, then after that I was bi, then after that I was gay, but always predominantly a top, but now I'm predominantly a bottom.... but willing to do whatever it's still fun.  But I gotta tell even if I met prince charming it would never work if he was an exclusive bottom, cuz I am gay because I like sex that feels 10 times better than poking a hole feels like.

Trust me that's why there's such a huge social stigma on it, because if there weren't, the gay population would just fucking baloon and explode once men realize they can have a sexual partner that's way better and with no chance of havin a kid.  LOL can't get me pregnant, but any guy that I get in an LTR with is more than welcome to try LMAO.

InvisiblePyroBurns
душа кофе

Re: Whats with the "Gay" Persona? [Re: xtofury]
    #9518946 - 12/30/08 04:03 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Masculine acting gays are just another herd to flock to.

--------------------

Offlinextofury
Stranger
 User Gallery

#9519106 - 12/30/08 04:32 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

lmao at least we don't have to go running to other people all the time to fix our fucking problems for us, we fix them ourselves.

The flock, 99% of everybody, is a body of useless interdependent people that as individuals could never survive on their own.  Especially gay people, and even more-so the ones from big urban areas.  Trust me if I found a guy that wasn't such a useless sack of shit, I'd be a happy man, but even more daunting is trying to find a chick that isn't that way.  :frown:

The flock is a bunch of stupid idiots that have been tricked into giving their lives away for fictional valued paper and useless plastic junk.  How pathetic.  We all have to partake somewhat but the idea of partaking as much as most people is so revolting to me it makes my fuckin skin crawl.  And if I ever get my chance to join a rebellion against this bullshit society gimmie a fucking gun I'll join the mob because I'm tired of watching the average guy getting fooled into thinking he has to work 40 hours a week just to survive, that's nothing more than a fictional capitolist construct to fool us into working for literally nothing.

InvisiblePyroBurns
душа кофе

#9519159 - 12/30/08 04:42 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Relax a little.

:happyweed:

--------------------

InvisibleWhiskeyClone
Not here
Male User Gallery

Loc: Longitudinal Center of Canada ...
Re: Whats with the "Gay" Persona? [Re: xtofury] * 1
    #9519184 - 12/30/08 04:46 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

xtofury said:
lmao at least we don't have to go running to other people all the time to fix our fucking problems for us, we fix them ourselves.

The flock, 99% of everybody, is a body of useless interdependent people that as individuals could never survive on their own.  Especially gay people, and even more-so the ones from big urban areas.  Trust me if I found a guy that wasn't such a useless sack of shit, I'd be a happy man, but even more daunting is trying to find a chick that isn't that way.  :frown:

The flock is a bunch of stupid idiots that have been tricked into giving their lives away for fictional valued paper and useless plastic junk.  How pathetic.  We all have to partake somewhat but the idea of partaking as much as most people is so revolting to me it makes my fuckin skin crawl.  And if I ever get my chance to join a rebellion against this bullshit society gimmie a fucking gun I'll join the mob because I'm tired of watching the average guy getting fooled into thinking he has to work 40 hours a week just to survive, that's nothing more than a fictional capitolist construct to fool us into working for literally nothing.

Holy shit, lighten up

--------------------
Welcome evermore to gods and men is the self-helping man.  For him all doors are flung wide: him all tongues greet, all honors crown, all eyes follow with desire.  Our love goes out to him and embraces him, because he did not need it.

~ R.W. Emerson, "Self-Reliance"

:heartpump:

InvisibleApollyphelion
Female User Gallery

#9519412 - 12/30/08 05:26 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

I am my own sheep and shephard.

--------------------

InvisibleBridgeburner
Not spiritual at all.
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #9519422 - 12/30/08 05:28 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

xtofury said:

yeah man, relax

--------------------

InvisibleApollyphelion
Female User Gallery

#9519474 - 12/30/08 05:36 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

--------------------

InvisibleFerris
PsychedelicJourneyman
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Whats with the "Gay" Persona? [Re: Bridgeburner]
    #9519733 - 12/30/08 06:27 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

b0red5tiff said:
yeah man, relax

...when you wanna cum

--------------------

Discuss Politics

Offlinextofury
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Whats with the "Gay" Persona? [Re: Apollyphelion]
    #9519986 - 12/30/08 07:06 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

meh just stating there are some things with masculinity that are logical and appreciable.
Being able to do things for yourself is important and yet here I sit in a society that really has issues as individuals figuring it out, and because they can't they assume that everybody can't, and proceed to tell guys like me that they know what's best for me, when it's what is best for them.  They tell me that being straight is best for me.  No it's not.  They tell me that drugs are bad, but then turn around and push even worse medications and pills through their doctors and pharmacies than even some of the street drugs out there.  Of course those street drugs would be cleaner if they made them and just let us make our own choices about these things.  And nevermind the fact that THEIR medications have poisonous additives and nasty little things added to hurt people that abuse them.  Nope you never just get the medication you need anymore, if there's a potential for abuse, eventually they'll add things in there that'll make you sick if you abuse it to get high.

Does the flock, or society do any of us any good, really, if you think about it?

*edit* oh and just to clarify things, I'm an anarchist.  I don't believe in society or government.  I believe in small communities.  That way if people don't like the rules of the community they are in, they can go somewhere else (and they don't have to apply for visas and all that bs, or have to fly far far away to get there, or go to some poor 3rd world country) and live with other people that want to live the way that they do.  This world would be a better place if that's how things could be instead of cramming us all together and eventually trying to work out a hetrogenous (I think the word is -- eg: society with uniform beliefs, values and rules) global society (which might I add seems to be this slowly progressing goal).

Edited by xtofury (12/30/08 07:26 PM)

OfflineNoteworthy
Sophyphile
 User Gallery

#9520653 - 12/30/08 09:03 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Something for those people interested in why gay men act flamboyant and talk with a lisp, etc.

firs,t on the matter of the lisp, there is one level where it is the 'in group' voice.. eg the way men have their 'mens club' voice or their way of tlaking when around the 'lads'. this is just a function of the fact that we have these sorts of 'styles' and once there is a 'style' there, then there is impetus to follow the style.

but I would also like to point out that by making oyurself have a lisp, you are using your tongue in a more obvious manner.. sticking it to the front of the mouth, touching your teeth with it. Gays love to get as openly naughty as they can without being overtly vulgar or rude. The lisp, in my opinion, is like gettin your tongue involved overtly.

AS FOR acting flamboyantly one must merely look at men and women normally.. when they are interacting with eachother.
a) men are always putting on a 'show' for women.
b) women on the other hand 'entice' men and give them offers, advertise themselves by literaly 'showing' what theyve got (as opposed to men who 'make a show').

Well get gay men together and they want to make a show, but its not in the masculine 'beat the other guys' way.. because the 'other guys' are the ones you want to sleep with.

So theyre all making a show of themselves and making it in a way that hits similar buttons that women do. (and hence why it seems 'feminine'. when actualy it is not so much a 'faminine' thing to DO but a 'masculine' thing to WANT or Receive.

and of course, different men will do this more or less than others, and depending on their company. Some gay men dont like doing the flamboyant thing at all, they hate it. Different gays are gay for different reasons. lets think of some of them

a) because they find the male body attractive
b) because they find their own bodies attractive
c) because they 'click' with men but not with women
d) because they are sick of the complicated way men and women are meant to court.
e) because they are trying to be 'unique' in some way
f) because over time theyve found the sex to be better with men

the moreso that men are gay for a 'mens club' or 'identity' reason.. the moreso they are likely to be keyed in on the whole 'stereotype' of gays

it is just like ANY group that is defined by a WORD.

absolutely ANY

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates