Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Boomr Bag, Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblestuey
Stranger

help with my first timemonotubs please. a few questions
    #9509478 - 12/28/08 09:30 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

first off i would like to say thanks for taking the time to read this.
so i have three monotubs going rite now. all three are a lil different. im tryin to experiment a little to see what works best for me. i have a few questions about a few of them. ill give a breif summary about each. if im doin sumin wrong let me know. sorry i dont have pics( doesnt seem to safe).

monotub 1:im using a big storeage bin i think a 32 gallon. cut out the lid to put plastic in it. pasturized my  wheat straw for an hour( i left it uncut) let it dry for a few hours. i placed 6 quarts of wbs in with it an made about a 3 in substrate with the two and tucked it in with plastic that i pounched alot of lil holes in.

Q: my questions with this are that its taking alot of time to colonize. theres alot of water buildup on the plastic cover sheet. its almost done now but will all this water be ok in the long run. and should i case this with a 50/50 or leave alone to fruit?

monotub 2: same tub the only differences from the first is i chopped up the straw into inch pieces and let it dry overnite instead of just a few hours. and instead of wbs i blended 3 half pints of pf jars into powder and spawned with that( i was goin for the old timers tek).

Q: now this ones bein an ass. its been about a week an a half an very lil has happened i can only see one tiny spot on the top that has any mycelium spot spreading. and it seems to be alot dryer than my above monotub.

monotub 3: this ones alot different. clear 18 gallon storeage bin. taped the bottom 6 inches. black plastic on the inside 6 inches to set the substrate in. 8 two inch holes along the sides. bottom 4 are wrapped in tyvek and the top 4 stuffed with polyfill. now as a substrate i used sum horse poo that i got from a neighbor field and the same wheat straw. pasturized both for an hour an a half, let dry overnite. about 70-80% poo an 20-30% chopped straw. i also used 3 half pf on this. its about 4 inches thick.

Q: this ones doing awesome. about 5 days now and its spreading very well. the plastic cover is pretty damp tho. is this gonna screw me? what should i case with if any? 

i have all these tubs in a closet about a foot off the ground the closet temp is about 70 degrees.

thats about it for now.
thanks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineP.Menace
Contradicting the Status Quo
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Let Me See Potato Salad!!...
Trusted Cultivator
Re: help with my first timemonotubs please. a few questions [Re: stuey]
    #9509513 - 12/28/08 09:36 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

stuey said:
first off i would like to say thanks for taking the time to read this.
so i have three monotubs going rite now. all three are a lil different. im tryin to experiment a little to see what works best for me. i have a few questions about a few of them. ill give a breif summary about each. if im doin sumin wrong let me know. sorry i dont have pics( doesnt seem to safe).

monotub 1:im using a big storeage bin i think a 32 gallon. cut out the lid to put plastic in it. pasturized my  wheat straw for an hour( i left it uncut) let it dry for a few hours. i placed 6 quarts of wbs in with it an made about a 3 in substrate with the two and tucked it in with plastic that i pounched alot of lil holes in.

Q: my questions with this are that its taking alot of time to colonize. theres alot of water buildup on the plastic cover sheet. its almost done now but will all this water be ok in the long run. and should i case this with a 50/50 or leave alone to fruit?
Leave it alone

monotub 2: same tub the only differences from the first is i chopped up the straw into inch pieces and let it dry overnite instead of just a few hours. and instead of wbs i blended 3 half pints of pf jars into powder and spawned with that( i was goin for the old timers tek).

Q: now this ones bein an ass. its been about a week an a half an very lil has happened i can only see one tiny spot on the top that has any mycelium spot spreading. and it seems to be alot dryer than my above monotub.
why did you dry it overnight? that defeated the porpos entirely

monotub 3: this ones alot different. clear 18 gallon storeage bin. taped the bottom 6 inches. black plastic on the inside 6 inches to set the substrate in. 8 two inch holes along the sides. bottom 4 are wrapped in tyvek and the top 4 stuffed with polyfill. now as a substrate i used sum horse poo that i got from a neighbor field and the same wheat straw. pasturized both for an hour an a half, let dry overnite. about 70-80% poo an 20-30% chopped straw. i also used 3 half pf on this. its about 4 inches thick.

Q: this ones doing awesome. about 5 days now and its spreading very well. the plastic cover is pretty damp tho. is this gonna screw me? what should i case with if any? 
Patients grasshopper

i have all these tubs in a closet about a foot off the ground the closet temp is about 70 degrees.
You moving the air in the closet regularly? Anerobic conditions can be a bitch

thats about it for now.
thanks

--------------------

http://www.sporeworksgallery.com/Cubensae/Psilocybe_cubensis_Menace

roby000 said: thats true a shotgun is almost like a college degree in a sense that if you show it to the right person at the right time you could make a lot of money.

Invisiblestuey
Stranger

#9509519 - 12/28/08 09:36 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

sorry, i would like to also add one more question. monotub 2 that has not done much of anything. can i mix sum poo in there or is it too late?

OfflineP.Menace
Contradicting the Status Quo
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Let Me See Potato Salad!!...
Trusted Cultivator
    #9509555 - 12/28/08 09:41 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

scrap

--------------------

http://www.sporeworksgallery.com/Cubensae/Psilocybe_cubensis_Menace

roby000 said: thats true a shotgun is almost like a college degree in a sense that if you show it to the right person at the right time you could make a lot of money.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Boomr Bag, Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale