Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Invisibledee_N_ae
\/\/¡†¢h |-|øµ§³ ¢å†
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Shadow of Neptune
Re: your highschool years .... [Re: Remy]
    #950056 - 10/10/02 03:52 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

After reading this thread I've decided that lumping pubescent humans together day after day, 9 months a year for 4 years is the wrong way to go about educating youth on the ways of the world.  With so many changes in our brain chemistry and thought patterns at this age it is just not reasonable to expect children to adhere to the regiments of school.

High School is too much like a 'knowledge farm'.
Teachers plant seeds in the studends, and the seeds grow.  The little plants eventually sprout (get a job) and soon they will bloom (graduate). 
Yay.
Unfornutely the seeds that are planted are 'genetically modified' (re-writing history) to insure greater efficiancy and uniform performance in the field (the "real world" your teachers told you so much about..)

Granted, our "field" is an incredibly diverse one, with many different sources of light (money) for the majestic human flowers to choose from.  Inevitably, all the crops are harvested, and the field turned over to make room for new plants.

How about instead of going to school 8 hours a day, 5 days a week, 9 months a year,  we go for as long as we think we need to,  3-4 times a week, in an environment that is more friendly than the brick, prison-like, windowless cages we pass off as centers of "learning".  ?  :tongue: 
I realise that if implemented tomorrow, my solution would fail miserably.
In due time..
bleh.. now I know why my intuition was telling me to drop out after 9th grade. 

Edited by dee_N_ae (10/10/02 03:57 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineGrowingVines
Slowly Changinginto a Tree
Loc: GA
Re: your highschool years .... [Re: dee_N_ae]
    #950351 - 10/10/02 05:01 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

i agree with you on that extent. just let them wake up later. give time to prepare and YES, we need a beter enviroment.

peace out my brothers, for everyone has a bit of insanity in them.

--------------------
Peace out my brothers, for everyone has a bit of insanity in them

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
Re: your highschool years .... [Re: Kemist]
    #950499 - 10/10/02 05:33 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Hmm....
I have too many stories to tell about high school (and school in general)...

I think Evolving said something along the lines of:
"Think evolution, not revolution."

It's not a fault to be ahead of the evolutionary curve... it's talent.

--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

OfflineRemy
Bitches Brew
 User Gallery

Loc: Atlanta, GA
Re: your highschool years .... [Re: GrowingVines]
    #950730 - 10/10/02 06:35 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

The school Im at right now, lets me wake up at 12, lets me get a job without worrying about ridiculous concepts like homework, lets me study until mastery of a subject instead of grading me with a series of numbers that demonstrates my ability to waste time, and its in a friendly small home type enviroment with no drug-policy. All of americas schools should adopt concepts like these. It would allow for a society that was not filled with so many drop-outs, and criminals. A lot of social degradiation can be related to middle school and high-school.

Invisibledee_N_ae
\/\/¡†¢h |-|øµ§³ ¢å†
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Shadow of Neptune
    #950927 - 10/10/02 07:14 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I like your school...where is it?

Offlinephishytrip
Gillious Supreme
Male User Gallery

Loc: AZ, USA
    #952052 - 10/11/02 05:18 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

my class grduates this year but i will not be joining them...no I was checked out freshman year for selling shrooms, i madde it till april of that year, those 7 monthes of high school were probobly the best time of my life, i didnt care about anything, i got so high in school all the time, took shrooms in school my firs time taking acid was in school, rolling was my favorite in school, my high school was full of drugs, i could really get anything except for maybe heroin right in the hallways, and after school was even better, wed sit in the parking lot and play hacky sack smoking joint after joint without cares in the world. one time some inmates from the ACI came in to talk about how drugs ruined there lives and one said he realized he had a problem when he was hitting his crack pipe and rear ended someone goin 40...everyone started laughing and the guys face turned bright red and he sat down and i tihnk he wanted to cry. that year was fun, but Ive heard its changed alot now in that school, it was really the seniors of that year that had made the school, over time the next senior class was just pathetic and now my class is seniors and they have cops and rug dogs and the teachers and principals carry walkie talkies, i went to the parking lot to pick up a friend in the begining of this school year and i got kicked out bcuase i didnt belong here because i got expelled 3 years ago, but fuck them i got my GED and now or i was in junior college, i took the unconventional way through high school...or the easy way

--------------------
Eram quod es; eris quod sum

OfflineKenny Bus
The enlightend

Loc: ontario
Re: your highschool years .... [Re: phishytrip]
    #952530 - 10/11/02 08:08 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

skool systems fucked me around my whole life, most of my friends graduated last year, the rest r taking OAC's. those r university prep class's in canada, dunno if they in the states. back in elementary i was supposed 2 be in the enhanced class's but i was to much of a "Trouble maker" wich isnt true, i just didnt close my eyes, smile and nod like the rest of the sheep, but i didnt fight or break any real rules. then in highskool they kicked me out, without warning, for setting a bad example. i was passing all my class's in grade ten with 80% skips so 1 day they pulled me into the office and said, c the other kids c u passing while not attending class, so they think they can do it to, but they cant, so your setting a bad example, goodbye. i ended up at this skool 4 misfit kids, where half the teachers had half the teaching liscence they needed and all the kids were on zoloft or ridilin with no future. they started me at the beggining of grade 10 again when it was mid april. by september i had caught up 2 and passed every1 in my class. on sept 30th i turned 16 and they kicked me out for being 5 min l8 everyday, missing the morning jokes and weather review... so i went back to my local public skool and tried to reapply but they said it was to l8 in the year, wich was straight bullshit. so i have my 8 credits now, and am looking into getting my GED.

i guess i'm pretty pissed off at the system, got me ranting like a victim.

--------------------
KB

OfflineRemy
Bitches Brew
 User Gallery

Loc: Atlanta, GA
Re: your highschool years .... [Re: dee_N_ae]
    #954909 - 10/12/02 12:04 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Its right by Emory, and is partially connected as to allow students to use their libraries and other facilities.

Invisiblevalleysofneptune
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: your highschool years .... [Re: GrowingVines]
    #13358757 - 10/19/10 06:32 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

social conditioning camp.

OfflineFreedom
Pigment of your imagination
Male User Gallery

Re: your highschool years .... [Re: Kemist]
    #13359107 - 10/19/10 07:41 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

High school keeps repeating it self over and over, they just call it different names, like 'Burger King', 'General Motors' and 'Intel'.

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: your highschool years .... [Re: Freedom]
    #13359631 - 10/19/10 09:18 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Retirement facility.:lol:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bloomington, IN
    #13360733 - 10/20/10 04:22 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Wow, 8 year old bump!  :billnye:

--------------------
:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

InvisibleIcelander
Male

Re: your highschool years .... [Re: Adamist]
    #13360825 - 10/20/10 06:04 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

And still emotionally living in Junior High.:monkeydance:

I came to the conclusion long ago that while we have great tech skills, emotionally the vast majority never progress beyond Junior High.:satansmoking:

--------------------

Invisiblequinn
some kinda love
 User Gallery

Re: your highschool years .... [Re: Icelander]
    #13361017 - 10/20/10 08:11 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

like most people i went into school content, happy, carefree and young...
and came out totally fucked

--------------------
dripping with fantasy

InvisibleIcelander
Male

Re: your highschool years .... [Re: quinn]
    #13361259 - 10/20/10 09:26 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I was thinking about how business people and politicians and such find it so easy to be dishonest.  Then I remembered how in high school we were all practicing that shit.  I didn't fit in well so I didn't get the program like most did and so that's why their behavior seemed odd to me.  Course it begins with Mater and Pater but they were conditioned in the culture too. My folk were anti social misfits so they didn't get conditioned in how to play that game so well either. Hence they were somewhat honest in the world and were of course very low middle class.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies