Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Boomr Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleOmnicracker
Crusted Trolltivator

Loc: Wal-Merica
Trusted Cultivator
Re: jars vs. bags [Re: Magic_Hobo]
    #9504606 - 12/27/08 10:23 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Magic_Hobo said:
You can g2g with bags.

you can do anything with a flowhood.  i like jars for g2g, but the hobo is right.

--------------------

xxx..Learn Something..xxx

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleFooMan
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Earth Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: jars vs. bags [Re: arp180]
    #9504616 - 12/27/08 10:26 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

arp180 said:
And if i do decide to switch, where is the best deal on bags, and what should i do with the 36 quart jars I have?

The mad season has the best price I've seen on the large empty bags: http://themadseason.com/emptybags.asp

Like people have said, you can use the quarts for LC's or master grain jars. You can even store your dried mushrooms in them. There is nothing wrong with using quart jars, you just can't put as much grain in them. I guess it's a matter of how big a grow you're doing and what method you are using.

Blue Helix has some great posts on using the bags for your bulk subs. He mixes grains, manure and some other ingredients, lets the bags completely colonize, then places the colonized substrate into trays to fruit, so you skip the step of spawning altogether.

--------------------

Quick WBS Prep

Invisiblearp180
student of life
 User Gallery

Loc: Macondo
    #9504638 - 12/27/08 10:31 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

obviously jars have there place in cultivation, what about sclerotia, does that do okay in bags? 

Over the past few months I have kinda got it down to this,  quart jars of hard winter wheat berries that are inoculated with an lc, I then spawn these to bulk mix of coir/poo and several other ingredients.    currently I have two six quart pc's.  I am able to do 3 quart jars in each at a time.  So six quarts per cycle.  Would I be able to get more from bags?  And better yet, could a do a sub mix like wronguy, and fruit successfully in a mono-tub with the same results?  Isn't it easier to pasteurize bulk quantities though?  Just yesterday I did 100 lbs of bulk sub, I couldn't imagine pc'ing all that.  But If I could get more grain pc'd for my buck in bags, then spawn to a pasteurized bulk, it would still be beneficial

--------------------
"Given the choice between the experience of pain and nothing, I would choose pain."  William Faulkner

"That which exists without my knowledge exists without my consent."
-A quote from the Judge in the novel Blood Meridian; or the Evening Redness in the West by Cormac McCarthy

"Let there be light" My Quick Reference Guide to Lighting
My AutoMono (11oz First Flush)
My Monster Mushroom Mono (9.3oz First Flush)

Invisiblearp180
student of life
 User Gallery

#9504645 - 12/27/08 10:33 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

I have read blue helix's logs, and currently am doing poo jars in a kinda similar fashion because of those logs with great success.

--------------------
"Given the choice between the experience of pain and nothing, I would choose pain."  William Faulkner

-A quote from the Judge in the novel Blood Meridian; or the Evening Redness in the West by Cormac McCarthy

InvisibleOmnicracker
Crusted Trolltivator

Loc: Wal-Merica
Trusted Cultivator
    #9504664 - 12/27/08 10:38 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

pasteurizing hpoo in large amounts is the most bang for your buck.  its proven to work over and over. 

PCing a mix like wronguy or bluehelix means lots of PC time/space.  but if you can fit 100lbs in 20 bags in 3 pressure cookers, then all your work is done/contained/sterile in 3.5 hours.  but you need a big ass AA941;)

--------------------

xxx..Learn Something..xxx

Invisiblearp180
student of life
 User Gallery

Re: jars vs. bags [Re: Omnicracker]
    #9504682 - 12/27/08 10:45 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Ya, my two little six quarters can't touch that.  The first few times I did bulk pasteurization i bought two huge stock pots, and was able to do about 30 pounds per pot at a time.  This time I used a 70 Gallon sterlite container, filled 3 king pillow cases to the brink with the sub mix and used the stock pots to continually heat water to 180 and dump on top the pillow cases.  I don't know the exact weight, but I couldn't lift it.  Still fairly easy to do, will see about the results.  the mix was still quite warm, even after a 24 hour cool down.

--------------------

OfflineJMR
Deviator
Male User Gallery

Loc: Zion Highlands
    #9504958 - 12/28/08 12:11 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

The only disadvantage to using bags would be that if it some how gets contaminated then that is twice to three times the amount you have to throw away and waste.

For me the only downside to using jars is the cleaning. I kinda enjoy making them plop down watch a movie make some jars. I also like half pint jars cause they seem to colonize a lot faster for me.

What I use is 1 quart of wbs spawn to about 3-4lbs of poo, and let me say it colonizes so quickly and fruits extremely well.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Boomr Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates