Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
Re: Thank god for gun ownership... [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #945578 - 10/09/02 12:07 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Yes.... me too. I have no doubt that your question to him will remain, as always, unanswered.

Another post from luvdemshrooms with no reference whatsoever to the topic. This has been going on for weeks now.

Moderators!

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Edited by Alex123 (10/09/02 12:10 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: Thank god for gun ownership... [Re: Xlea321]
    #945825 - 10/09/02 01:32 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

In reply to:

Certainly no court in america would agree with your definition of the second amendment.

Gosh Al.... what a surprise but you're wrong again.

First... there have been very few 2nd ammendment cases in the last 250 years but in 1999 it was found to be a INDIVIDUAL right by U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings , and again Oct, 2001 by the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals .

"10/16/01: The decision is finally in. Case # 99-10331. The majority (Garwood wrote, DeMoss signed onto it) found the Second Amendment is an individual right, but reversed and remanded the Emerson case. As expected, Parker in a minority opinion did not want to support the Second Amendment. The Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals has jurisdiction in Louisiana, Mississippi & Texas.""

And since you seem to be unable or unwilling to undertand what "the people" means.... try this...
"United States v. Verdugo-Urquirdez, 110 S. Ct. 3039 (1990). This case involved the meaning of the term "the people" in the Fourth Amendment. The Court unanimously held that the term "the people" in the Second Amendment had the same meaning as in the Preamble to the Constitution and in the First, Fourth, and Ninth Amendments, i.e., that "the people" means at least all citizens and legal aliens while in the United States. This case thus resolves any doubt that the Second Amendment guarantees an individual right."

"Gilbert Equipment Co., Inc. v. Higgins, 709 F. Supp. 1071(S.D. Ala. 1989), aff'd, 894 F.2d 412 (11th Cir. 1990) (mem). The court held that the Second Amendment "guarantees to all Americans' the right to keep and bear arms'. . ."

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Loc: Apt #6, The Village
    #945902 - 10/09/02 01:57 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

True to form, you have evaded another explicit request, and avoided any attempt to directly address points brought up as requested. Let's try this again and I'll type s-l-o-w-l-y so perhaps you can understand...

Please address the following directly to illustrate that the original intent of the founders of the United States, the authors of the Constitution and the Bill of Rights and the ratifiers of the the Constitution agree with your interpretation of the Second Amendment:
Please provide any quotes (and your sources) from the founding fathers, the people who wrote and signed the constitution as to their intentions and the purpose of the 2nd amendment. Also provide any quotes (and your sources) from the founding fathers as to the meaning of the term 'militia' as they used it in the 2nd amendment.

If you are unable or unwilling to directly respond with quotes and verifiable sources, we can all take this as an admission that you are incorrect about your interpretation of the second amendment versus the original intent of the authors and ratifiers of the constitution.

We await your further comical evasions...

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

Edited by Evolving (10/09/02 02:05 PM)

Offlinefoghorn
enthusiast
Re: Thank god for gun ownership... [Re: Evolving]
    #946156 - 10/09/02 03:35 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

haha

you guys bicker like politicians!

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #947241 - 10/09/02 08:14 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

If you are unable or unwilling to directly respond with quotes and verifiable sources, we can all take this as an admission that you are incorrect about your interpretation of the second amendment versus the original intent of the authors and ratifiers of the constitution.

It isn't me who makes the supreme courts decisions evolving. Do you often think you can interpret the law better than every lawyer who has worked for the supreme court on this issue for the last 100 years?

You will never address this will you.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #947340 - 10/09/02 08:34 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Gosh Al.... what a surprise but you're wrong again.

Well I'm glad I panicked you into making a post on topic at least! Did the moderators have a word with you?

No, none of the cases you have mentioned support the NRA's interpretation of the second amendment according to the supreme court. To say they do is pure disinformation. You've picked the Emerson quote of a right-wing site and not read anymore about it havn't you. Try reading the court transcript.

Here's a little more information:

"The action of the United States Supreme Court today in denying review of the lower court rulings in Haney v. United States and Emerson v. United States provides no comfort to the extremist gun lobby and others who view the Second Amendment as a weapon against reasonable gun laws. It remains true that never in our nation's history has a federal court struck down a gun law on Second Amendment grounds.

"In Haney, the Court declined to hear an appeal from a lower court ruling that there is no constitutional right to own a machine gun. The National Rifle Association has long taken the position that such a right is guaranteed by the Second Amendment. In Emerson, the Court declined review of a lower court ruling upholding the constitutionality of the federal ban on possession of guns by persons under domestic violence restraining orders. The NRA filed an amicus curiae, or 'friend of the court,' brief in the Emerson case in support of the criminal defendant, arguing that the ban should be struck down.

"Every federal appeals court in the country, except two judges on the Emerson panel, has rejected the NRA view, and has held that the Second Amendment does not provide individuals with a right to possess firearms absent a relationship with a state militia. With today's actions by the Supreme Court, the gun lobby continues its unbroken string of defeats in Second Amendment challenges to gun laws."

Proponents of the "individual rights" interpretation believe that the Second Amendment of the U.S. Constitution guarantees a right to keep and bear arms without any connection to an organized militia. For decades, the National Rifle Association and others opposed to common-sense gun laws have tried to use their interpretation of the Second Amendment to challenge gun control measures.

Once again, no court in america would agree with your definition of the second amendment.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Edited by Alex123 (10/09/02 08:40 PM)

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#947925 - 10/09/02 11:03 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Well I'm glad I panicked you into making a post on topic at least! Did the moderators have a word with you?

Wrong on both counts.

Quote:

Try reading the court transcript. 

Apparently of the two of us, I'm the only one who did read it all the way through. I read the actual decision written by the court. Not what others interpret it as.

Quote:

Once again, no court in america would agree with your definition of the second amendment. 

Wrong yet again. But no surprise.

Sorry to see you're so closed minded that you can't admit you're wrong.

"The United States appeals the district court's dismissal of the indictment of Defendant-Appellee Dr. Timothy Joe Emerson (Emerson) for violating 18 U.S.C. ? 922(g)(8)(C)(ii). The district court held that section 922(g)(8)(C)(ii) was unconstitutional on its face under the Second Amendment and as applied to Emerson under the Due Process Clause of the Fifth Amendment. We reverse and remand."

"The district court granted Emerson's motions to dismiss. Subsequently, the district court issued an amended memorandum opinion reported at 46 F.Supp.2d 598 (N.D. Tex. 1999). The district court held that dismissal of the indictment was proper on Second or Fifth Amendment grounds, but rejected Emerson's Tenth Amendment and Commerce Clause arguments."

"B. Stare Decisis and United States v. Miller

The government steadfastly maintains that the Supreme Court's decision in United States v. Miller, 59 S.Ct. 816 (1939), mandated acceptance of the collective rights or sophisticated collective rights model, and rejection of the individual rights or standard model, as a basis for construction of the Second Amendment. We disagree.

Only in United States v. Miller has the Supreme Court rendered any holding respecting the Second Amendment as applied to the federal government.(13) There, the indictment charged the defendants with transporting in interstate commerce, from Oklahoma to Arkansas, an unregistered "Stevens shotgun having a barrel less than 18 inches in length" without having the required stamped written order, contrary to the National Firearms Act.(14) The defendants filed a demurrer challenging the facial validity of the indictment on the ground that "[t]he National Firearms Act . . . offends the inhibition of the Second Amendment," and "[t]he District Court held that section 11 of the Act [proscribing interstate transportation of a firearm, as therein defined, that lacked registration or a stamped order] violates the Second Amendment. It accordingly sustained the demurrer and quashed the indictment."

"These passages from Miller suggest that the militia, the assurance of whose continuation and the rendering possible of whose effectiveness Miller says were purposes of the Second Amendment, referred to the generality of the civilian male inhabitants throughout their lives from teenage years until old age and to their personally keeping their own arms, and not merely to individuals during the time (if any) they might be actively engaged in actual military service or only to those who were members of special or select units."

"There is no evidence in the text of the Second Amendment, or any other part of the Constitution, that the words "the people" have a different connotation within the Second Amendment than when employed elsewhere in the Constitution. In fact, the text of the Constitution, as a whole, strongly suggests that the words "the people" have precisely the same meaning within the Second Amendment as without. And, as used throughout the Constitution, "the people" have "rights" and "powers," but federal and state governments only have "powers" or "authority", never "rights."(24) Moreover, the Constitution's text likewise recognizes not only the difference between the "militia" and "the people" but also between the "militia" which has not been "call[ed] forth" and "the militia, when in actual service."(25)"

" Several other Supreme Court opinions speak of the Second Amendment in a manner plainly indicating that the right which it secures to "the people" is an individual or personal, not a collective or quasi-collective, right in the same sense that the rights secured to "the people" in the First and Fourth Amendments, and the rights secured by the other provisions of the first eight amendments, are individual or personal, and not collective or quasi-collective, rights. See, e.g., Planned Parenthood v. Casey, 112 S.Ct. 2791, 2805 (1992); Moore v. City of East Cleveland, 97 S.Ct. 1932, 1937 (1977);(26) Robertson v. Baldwin, supra (see quotation in note 17 supra); Scott v. Sandford, 60 U.S. (19 How.) 393, 417, 450-51, 15 L.Ed. 691, 705, 719 (1856). See also Justice Black's concurring opinion in Duncan v. Louisiana, 88 S.Ct. 1444, 1456 (1968).(27) "

I could go on but these are all from just the first 20% +/-.

I don't imagine that as a product of a government who has never completely trusted it's citizens that they'll have any effect on you at all.

Funny though how you still haven't answered any of Evolvings questions. Again... no surprise.

Oh, would you like me to cut and paste a few of your posts that don't refer to the matter at hand? Since you don't appear to be able to remember them I'd be glad to do it for you.

Or should I be as big a pussy as you and write "Moderator" after each post where you have "strayed?"

If the cut and paste doesn't work for you I'd be glad to bump them to the top of the list of posts so you can find them easier.  :grin:

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #948109 - 10/10/02 01:46 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

The government steadfastly maintains that the Supreme Court's decision in United States v. Miller, 59 S.Ct. 816 (1939), mandated acceptance of the collective rights or sophisticated collective rights model, and rejection of the individual rights or standard model, as a basis for construction of the Second Amendment.

Your post confirms my original point. The government and supreme court reject the NRA's interpretation of the second amendment. Which part of this don't you understand?

Or should I be as big a pussy as you and write "Moderator" after each post where you have "strayed?"

You must admit it was the only way you were ever going to make a post on topic. Nothing to do with being a "pussy", it was just boring and stupid for everyone to have to witness your childish and pathetic behaviour in every post. For a month you have done nothing but post silly insults. I mention the moderators and you make two quick posts on topic instantly. Looks like we know how to stop your childish behaviour.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #948272 - 10/10/02 03:37 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Let's try this again and I'll type s-l-o-w-l-y so perhaps you can understand...

Evolving, think carefully before you repeat yourself five times again. Remember what happened last time you did it. You were too embarrassed to reply in that thread. I really don't want to expose your idiocy again.

Calm down and think before you post.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

#948366 - 10/10/02 04:36 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

In reply to:

Evolving, think carefully before you repeat yourself five times again. Remember what happened last time you did it. You were too embarrassed to reply in that thread. I really don't want to expose your idiocy again.

Thank you for proving my point Alex. Far from being embarassed, I find myself repeating requests because you avoid answering and I get nowhere. The only idiocy you are exposing is that manifested through your own feeble thought processes. You either have a serious reading comprehension problem or you are extremely intellectually dishonest. I keep asking you for a direct response, but it's apparent that you do not have the information, the intellect or other necessary resources to directly address the issue so you keep evading. Please try and get it right this time or display your evasions again so we can all see you put on your virtual dunce cap...

Please address the following directly to illustrate that the original intent of the founders of the United States, the authors of the Constitution and the Bill of Rights and the ratifiers of the the Constitution agree with your interpretation of the Second Amendment:
Please provide any quotes (and your sources) from the founding fathers, the people who wrote and signed the constitution as to their intentions and the purpose of the 2nd amendment. Also provide any quotes (and your sources) from the founding fathers as to the meaning of the term 'militia' as they used it in the 2nd amendment.

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

Offlinevatoloco
Puppet Hunter -DBK
Post deleted by MOE THE MAD SCIENTIST [Re: Evolving]
    #948751 - 10/10/02 07:41 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #948810 - 10/10/02 07:59 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Far from being embarassed

I presume you still live at home with your parents where such childish displays of petulance are productive for you. I'm afraid you'll learn in the real world they don't work, and you'll DEFINATELY learn that they don't work with me.

Is this the behaviour you put your poor parents through?

"CAN I HAVE MY PUDDING"
"You can have it after you've eaten your dinner evolving"
CAN I HAVE MY PUDDING YES OR NO.."
You can have it after your dinner.
"I'LL SAY IT REALLY SLOWLY CAN I HAVE MY PUDDING YES OR NO"

etc etc

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
Re: Thank god for gun ownership... [Re: vatoloco]
    #948824 - 10/10/02 08:09 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

this guy makes me physically ill with loathing.

Thank god for that. I must be doing something right  :grin:

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

#948967 - 10/10/02 08:57 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

A bit of advice Alex, forget a career in stand-up, humor is not your forte. What's wrong, can't locate the facts to back up your assertions? Do you have to resort to feeble attempts at insults because you are unable to address my points? Will you ever, or are you going to keep responding with nothing until I stop asking? I know your debate techniques, they consist of ignoring facts, repeating lies, and evading direct questions and requests for information, 3rd rate insults, and trying to get the last word in no matter that your words evade the topic at hand.

Here, let me present it to you again. PLEASE, no cheating, no evasion and be honest with your response...

Please address the following directly to illustrate that the original intent of the founders of the United States, the authors of the Constitution and the Bill of Rights and the ratifiers of the Constitution agree with your interpretation of the Second Amendment:

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#949320 - 10/10/02 10:21 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I give up. You're far too stupid to even put into words. It's not me who has a problem understanding. It obvious you're either brain dead or so close to it that there's little difference.

Aside from you being too stupid to understand the words... "the people" and the court decisions affirming it as an individual right, more recently than "Miller" which by the way said that cutoff shotguns had no use in the military and was by no means a definative second ammendment decision, answer this.... many if not most of your posts go on and on about how stupid our government is, yet here you go acting as if this one time they are suddenly filled with wisdom. Is it because you so desperatly want it to be correct? Or is it because you can't fathom a country where individual rights trump government wishes?

And if you think writing Moderator had anything to do with any of my responses, perhaps the person who follows you around reminding you to breathe and wipe your ass, since you more than likely are too stupid to remember to do both those on your own, can explain to you in simple enough terms that writing Moderator had nothing to do with my decision of what to write.

But despite being as stupid as you are, be glad of this, we bailed your sorry ass country out before, we'll do it again should the need arise.

--------------------

Edited by luvdemshrooms (10/10/02 02:04 PM)

Offlinejohnnyfive
Burning withCircles!
Loc: Hell
    #949564 - 10/10/02 11:53 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Yes .... thank god for gun ownership!

Our constitution was created only to provide the poeple with a set of rights NOONE can take away from you. The forefathers created the constitution in mind for the people to have independence from AN ALL POWERFULL GOVERMENT. The goverment wants the people to believe that the constitution to ONLY helps criminals! Because if you believe this, youll WANT to take out the constitution, which is happening alot today.

I don't care how many sickos or crazyes start shooting people, ill always support every constitutional right except, PROHIBITION!

--------------------
And the gameshow host rings the buzzer (brrnnntt) oh and now you get a face full of face!

Offlinemr freedom
enthusiast
Re: Thank god for gun ownership... [Re: johnnyfive]
    #949615 - 10/10/02 12:21 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Well said Johnny. The constitution was written to prevent what we see everyday, governmental intrusion on our lives. To protect ourselves, our forefathers made it clear that we have the right to arm ourselves.

Alex; somtimes the supreme court is just plain wrong.

"In 1883, the Supreme Court, once again, obstructed the path to equality. In the Civil Rights Cases, the Court struck down those provisions of the Civil Rights Act of 1875 which entitled all persons to the full and equal enjoyment of public accomodations. The Court ruled that Congress did not have the authority under the 14th Amendment to enact such a law, explaining that the 14th Amendment was intended to right wrongful acts by states, not private individuals. Justice Harlan was the lone dissenter.
A decade later, the Supreme Court took another step backwards. In Plessy v. Ferguson , the Court found that a Louisiana statute requiring separate intrastate railcars for the white and colored races neither abridged the privileges or immunities of the colored man, nor deprived him of the equal protection of the laws under the 14th Amendment. This decision legitimized the segregation of American society under the "Separate but Equal" doctrine.

Justice Harlan, again the lone dissenter, argued that the Constitution was color-blind. He regretted the Court's conclusion that states may regulate the enjoyment by citizens of their civil rights based solely on race. He also predicted, "In my opinion, the judgment this day rendered will, in time, prove to be quite as pernicious as the decision made by this tribunal in the Dred Scott Case."

"

It remains to "we the people" to live up to the historical requirements of our forefathers. To act in a responsible manner toward society and in return, society should act in a responsible manner to me. Defend yourself and your neighbors from those that would harm them. Remove all laws that restrict the freedoms of responsible people to choose for themselves how they will live.

While I abhor the cowardly acts recently perpetrated on innocent civilians I DO NOT blame these actions on an inanimate object; these actions are those of a twisted person that must be caught. I would suggest arming everyone and be damn quick about it; consider this scenario. Shot rings out, person next to you drops dead, you pull out your own gun, as well as the 15 people standing next to you. YOu, all, track the shooter and blow his balls off; problem solved and guns are not the issue. What is the issue is whether or not citizens will be allowed to protect themselves and their neighbors.

Anonymous

Re: Thank god for gun ownership... [Re: mr freedom]
    #949944 - 10/10/02 03:12 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

A couple quotes I posted in another forum, which seem more applicable here, for your viewing pleasure:

?This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration! Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!? - Adolph Hitler, April 15, 1935

?Germans who wish to use firearms should join the SS or the SA - ordinary citizens don't need guns, as their having guns doesn't serve the state.? - Heinrich Himmler

?They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.? - Benjamin Franklin

Anonymous

Re: Thank god for gun ownership... [Re: Anonymous]
    #949957 - 10/10/02 03:19 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Great Britain, which has all but outlawed guns, has one of the highest crime rates in... not only western countries... but the world. Give up your right to defend yourself, and you give up your right to life.

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #951121 - 10/10/02 07:59 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

A bit of advice Alex, forget a career in stand-up, humor is not your forte. What's wrong, can't locate the facts to back up your assertions?

You're not a Bill Hicks man are you evolving. Carrot-top more your style I see.

As I've pointed out there is no court in the land who will support the NRA's interpretation of the second amendment. It isn't "my assertion" - it's common law. What is your difficulty in understanding this?

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Cultivation Supplies