Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblepolantis
Prototype v7.3 Alpha
Male User Gallery

Loc: Austraalis Flag
Re: Is anyone familiar with absinthe? [Re: 04281969]
    #9499108 - 12/26/08 08:25 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

I was out at a fancy bar one night and payed $16 for a shot of

%85! We couldn't talk for like 20 mins, but definitely no trippy effects. I think it does do something, but only like the difference between drinking different alcohols. eg. Beer vs Rum

--------------------
We do not know what we want and yet we are responsible for what we are - that is the fact.
Jean-Paul Sartre

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineKanker
Hides in tall grass
Male

Loc: On a Long dead-heart.
Re: Is anyone familiar with absinthe? [Re: polantis]
    #9499150 - 12/26/08 08:36 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

mate of mine created a bottle of it through soaking wormwood (weight unknown) in a fresh bottle of baccardi 151 along with other herbs and spices for flavouring such as cardimum seeds, etc...
I had a swig myself, was completely unprepared for what was to follow: horrid coughing and gagging for about 5 seconds :wink:
Now i drink rum from the bottle, but this was something else.  If given the right mood and setting however, i'm sure my opinion of the liquer may be persuaded :P

He however did have quite a bit to drink, and spok of the fabled 'green fairy'.  I think he was having me on, though, that or was experiencing early stages of alcohol poisoning :P
I've always believed the myth to be such however.

--------------------
I'm ahead, I'm advanced
I am the first mammal to make plans, yeah
I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire.
It's evolution baby.
-Pearl Jam

Offlinejeffloomis
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Is anyone familiar with absinthe? [Re: Kanker]
    #9499168 - 12/26/08 08:39 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Had half a bottle of this stuff with a friend a year ago.  Just got really drunk (like really really drunk) and since it tasted like liquorish  we kept drinking it till the bottle was gone.

No "tripping" nor hallucinations what so ever.

--------------------
"Prevail, the time has come
Crush the enemy, one by one
Prevail, like a venomous snake
Ready to strike and dominate
Prevail, we conquer as one
Pound the enemy, 'till it's done
Prevail!"

Offlinerupertbeaner
Chris Hansen with Dateline MSNBC
 User Gallery

Loc: Earth
Re: Is anyone familiar with absinthe? [Re: Kanker]
    #9499186 - 12/26/08 08:42 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

I ordered some of it from the Chezch Republic when I was younger. My friend and I had 4 shots of it. I felt a little drunk, but it was different from normal drunk. I felt more lucid\coherent in my thoughts. Many great artists have been known to drink absinthe, it will not make you hallucinate like mushrooms, but it will give you a more thoughtful buzz.

edit: aftertaste tastes rancid and stays on your tongue for a while  :tongue:

Edited by rupertbeaner (12/26/08 08:44 PM)

Offlinejeffloomis
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Is anyone familiar with absinthe? [Re: rupertbeaner]
    #9499199 - 12/26/08 08:44 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

rupertbeaner said:
I ordered some of it from the Chezch Republic when I was younger. My friend and I had 4 shots of it. I felt a little drunk, but it was different from normal drunk. I felt more lucid\coherent in my thoughts. Many great artists have been known to drink absinthe, it will not make you hallucinate like mushrooms, but it will give you a more thoughtful buzz.

Not in my experience.

--------------------
Prevail!"

Offlineluckytriple6
spun, confused, and needing hugs
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: lost in head... come find... Flag
    #9499661 - 12/26/08 10:04 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

04281969 said:
Yea, I sometimes enjoy the flavor.  But unfortunately, the enjoyment lately stops somewhere halfway through the glass. 

BTW, there's traditional absinthe, and a anise flavored, non-thujone product called absinte (IIRC). 

I've tried a few bottles.  Clandestine 'La Bleue' absinthe is my favorite so far.  It is clear, but it's good.  I like the classic green color of the ULEX bitter, but it's not as palatable.  I've had a couple others, but I can't remember what they were now. 

Information

I thoroughly enjoy clear liquers...

--------------------
Let me out of this place
I'm outta place
I'm in outer space
I've just vanished without a trace
I'm going to a pretty place now where the flowers grow
I'll be back in an hour or so

[quote]Abuse said:
the dea can go fuck themselves! with the internet, the impossible is possible![/quote]

InvisibleLand_Crab
NeuroticPsychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: U.S.
Re: Is anyone familiar with absinthe? [Re: XynTheRipper]
    #9500143 - 12/26/08 11:43 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

It's nothing incredible but like many other things it is worth trying once or twice.  Few years ago I got some real absinthe which I then fortified with extract of wormwood to counterbalance the high alcohol content.  Shared it with a friend and we both concluded A) We were quite drunk and B) The effects of the wormwood/thujone, if compared to any drug, were "most" similar to very low-grade marijuana--[except in high doses there is a risk of convulsions].
It's a fun, exotic novelty that ranks on the mid-to-low end of any scale measuring recreational value (by modern standards).

OfflineLeperFace
Stranger

#9500699 - 12/27/08 02:34 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Bleh, Absinthe, I'd rather go to the liquor store and get some Bacardi 151, and top it off with a few bong rips. Absinthe is okay, just too much of a bitch to get your hands on the good stuff. It's not that special.

Offlinejeffloomis
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Is anyone familiar with absinthe? [Re: LeperFace]
    #9500857 - 12/27/08 03:14 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

LeperFace said:
Bleh, Absinthe, I'd rather go to the liquor store and get some Bacardi 151, and top it off with a few bong rips. Absinthe is okay, just too much of a bitch to get your hands on the good stuff. It's not that special.

Yea I don't get why people think Absinthe is a godsend of liquors.  If you wanna get drunk at a fraction of the cost pick up some Everclear or 151.

--------------------
Prevail!"

Offlinealteredx
road man for the lords of karma

Re: Is anyone familiar with absinthe? [Re: jeffloomis]
    #9501177 - 12/27/08 07:36 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

I know a guy at work who used to pay top dollar to have bottles shipped to him from somewhere in Europe.  He got like 30 bottles in a 3 month period.  He told me he would get absolutely shitfaced from drinking this stuff.  He had to quit because he started blacking out and waking up in strange places not knowing wtf happened.  He told me that he would often have weird psychedelic and erotic dreams when he was passed out.  I have 2 unopened bottles myself, Suiss La Bleue "Clandestine" and Absinthe Kuebler53.

OfflineBurstingBeing
Huah-hememah
Male

Re: Is anyone familiar with absinthe? [Re: alteredx]
    #9502454 - 12/27/08 01:58 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

This is probably the best stuff you can buy in the states

http://www.absintheonline.com/acatalog/Absinthe_from_Kubler__Val_de_Travers__Switzerland.html

I just got some from a bevmo last night.

From my absinthe experience, the drunk is different, you feel it more in your body and sometimes colors seem more interesting, nothing that couldn't be attributed to placebo or the alcohol.

If you like black liquorish and anesie spice I recommend you try it as its pretty tasty stuff imo but don't pay out your ass to order it from Europe.

--------------------
A sudden shower falls -
and naked I am riding
on a naked horse!

-Issa

OfflineSexandIceCream
Humanesque
Male User Gallery

Loc: Southern US Flag
Re: Is anyone familiar with absinthe? [Re: BurstingBeing]
    #9502671 - 12/27/08 02:29 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Didn't pay too much for mine a few days ago.  Just a fun thing to try again.  I'm not expecting anything but to be drunk.

--------------------
i'm not good at tracking threads.  if i don't respond promptly to your post, feel free to pm

Offlineluckytriple6
spun, confused, and needing hugs
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: lost in head... come find... Flag
Re: Is anyone familiar with absinthe? [Re: LeperFace]
    #9505249 - 12/28/08 01:33 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

LeperFace said:

get a still...151 is OK once in a while.... I take my alcohol as pure as possible... as fast as possible... Then drink water/juice... try to get some Ever clear 195 proof clear as water... probably burns better than gas...  never had it... I got me a still instead... Easier for me to get a still than ever clear... in the end its m0oney back... Now if I wanted to now I could make my own absinthe just like they did back in the day... I just might do so...wormwood + the other spices are easy to get... choose life, learn to do, rather then accept what you get.... I doubt you could get anything better than homemade... provided you knew what you were doing.... Not that I'm saying you don't/wouldn't know what you are doing.... I think adding pure wormwood extract to alcohol and taking it like that, would be one of the best  way to truly enjoy wormwood if it does indeed have full effects... I have no doubts on wormwood and its effects. I can't wait to do it some day. I have little money lots of glass, and lots of time....never enough though. Maybe in a week or two I'll be posting a "trip" report on wormwood extract+ alcohol..... If its actually good I will post a trip report... Its been two days now and I still have trouble typing/coming up with words since taking a high MDMA dose... I still feel high.... I hallucinate constantly... especially after weed... which is my medicine.... A trip report for MDMA will be up in a week or two... Once I can contemplate what happened and put into words as best I can I still feel rolled two days later.... great. amazing thing ecstasy is. I feel more changed now than any pure psychedelic trip thus far has made me consider a life changing event... provided in which I can, I will take part of...but not with out very much time/work

TTYL love for the Shroomery

Luckytriple6

I love you all and thanks for all that has been given

--------------------
Let me out of this place
I'm outta place
I'm in outer space
I've just vanished without a trace
I'm going to a pretty place now where the flowers grow
I'll be back in an hour or so

[quote]Abuse said:
the dea can go fuck themselves! with the internet, the impossible is possible![/quote]

Offlinerhyumavampire
R33F3RM4DN3SS
Male

Loc: Bakersfield, CA
Re: Is anyone familiar with absinthe? [Re: luckytriple6]
    #9505342 - 12/28/08 01:56 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Fastest I ever got drunk was thanks to Absinthe. Don't really drink much anymore though, just occasionally. Ganja and mushies are so much better XD

Offlineprayformojo
Stranger
Re: Is anyone familiar with absinthe? [Re: rhyumavampire]
    #9505565 - 12/28/08 03:06 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

the only effect of absinthe is getting you drunk as shit, just like any 75% alcohol would.  anyone who says different is delusional or a liar.

OfflineLeadwing
King in my own Mind
Male User Gallery

Re: Is anyone familiar with absinthe? [Re: prayformojo]
    #9505903 - 12/28/08 05:19 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Absinthe is yummy :smile:
Sambuka's much cheaper though and costs a lot less (and tastes the same).
I heard the stuff they sell in most countries doesn't have the "hallucinogenic" ingredient. Even if you got your hands on the real stuff I doubt it would do anything much - part from get you trollied.

--------------------
Grab every second given to you and make love to it.

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

Re: Is anyone familiar with absinthe? [Re: prayformojo]
    #9507201 - 12/28/08 12:58 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

prayformojo said:
the only effect of absinthe is getting you drunk as shit, just like any 75% alcohol would.  anyone who says different is delusional or a liar.

Again, good absinthe gets you drunk but with an extra stimulating effect that increases lucidity.  Try some decent absinthe before you make erroneous judgments.

--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Invisible04281969
Hobbyist
Male User Gallery

Re: Is anyone familiar with absinthe? [Re: deCypher]
    #9507242 - 12/28/08 01:12 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

So does quality liquor.  Drink half of a bottle of some $60 vodka and not even a cop will be able to convince you that you can't drive.

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

#9507248 - 12/28/08 01:15 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Perhaps.  It's more of the difference between drinking straight vodka and drinking vodka with a side of Red Bull, though.

--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Invisible04281969
Hobbyist
Male User Gallery

Re: Is anyone familiar with absinthe? [Re: deCypher]
    #9507288 - 12/28/08 01:26 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Have you tried thujone by itself?

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds