Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineethnoguy
"Raper of Mother Nature"
Male User Gallery

Loc: your momma's house
Re: N.RuStIcA! [Re: satyr]
    #9504042 - 12/27/08 07:38 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

:awebig:

Looks awesome bro. I envy your climate. When you handle the seed pods wear gloves. I swear it makes me dizzy and sick to my stomach. I had to try handling it though :lol:. And thanks for the shout out :wink:.

Alot of people have those same seeds, so now they know what to expect. Cool pics and thread.

EG

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinekadakuda
The Great"Green".......East
 User Gallery

Loc: Asia
Re: N.RuStIcA! [Re: tripp23]
    #9504194 - 12/27/08 08:37 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

tripp23 said:
ya i got three types growin as i type... n ristica, glauca, and tobaccum. is tobaccum the same as rustica cuz i cant find too much info on it..

tobaccum is the commercial type (weaker usually) rustica is the religious one used in a ceremonial type way (stronger usually)

--------------------
The seeds you won't sow are the plants you dont grow.

Offlinetripp23
Kratom Freak
 User Gallery

Loc: Florida, US
Re: N.RuStIcA! [Re: kadakuda]
    #9504554 - 12/27/08 10:07 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

awesome, it is different. i was hoping so! n then glauca is the tree tobacco. any more i dnt kno about? im tryin to get all of em basically

--------------------
Experience my nightmarish first time of smoking Ganja!

Offlineethnoguy
"Raper of Mother Nature"
Male User Gallery

Loc: your momma's house
Re: N.RuStIcA! [Re: tripp23]
    #9505045 - 12/28/08 12:35 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

You will probably find that info over at erowid.org

EG

Offlinekadakuda
 User Gallery

Re: N.RuStIcA! [Re: ethnoguy]
    #9505916 - 12/28/08 05:29 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

there are many Nicotiana species.  i had a green flowered breed in canada that looked super, cant remember the specie though.

--------------------

InvisibleKBG1977
    #9506034 - 12/28/08 06:27 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah Satyr I probably wont use my Sacred Rustica to make pesticide.It was just a thought.I never got any fruits of veggies last summer due to cutworms,Tomato worms,birds,cats,rodents,you name it,and it all attacked and destroyed my plants.I didn't get a single Tomato until I planted a few in pots,and kept them up on the patio away from the pests.Oh,and Thanks Ethnoguy,I  guess I should have known coming from you they would be of good stock:grin:Yeah,I love the climate here too,and don't get me wrong,I will always love my Good old Kentucky home,but I'm not sure after living here,I could ever move back:grin:Yeah,I'll watch myself when handling the pods.I don't really want to get sick from Nicotine.That's the worst:tongue2:Anyway,I have yet to see in fellow Tobacco growers post any pics.I'd like to see other forms of Tobacco pics posted on here to,not just Rustica.I want to try my hand at growing all types.my great Grandfather grew Tobacco in Kentucky,so I think his genes passed on down to me.I plan on growing some huge beautiful plants of the Tobacum strain this spring too,to see if my theory is correct:grin:

Offlinekadakuda
 User Gallery

Re: N.RuStIcA! [Re: KBG1977]
    #9506302 - 12/28/08 08:30 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

ill send you a couple seeds of a tobacum strain called "kentuky ______something"

ill post pics of my plants soon, they are only a few inches high now.

here is a couple rustica i grew in one of my breeding pair of day geckos vivarium.  it did quite well, but on the bottom the light was low, so it flowered at 15 cm lol!

--------------------

OfflineCactusdan
Patecatl
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
    #9506542 - 12/28/08 10:10 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

kadakuda said:
ill send you a couple seeds of a tobacum strain called "kentuky ______something"

here is a couple rustica i grew in one of my breeding pair of day geckos vivarium.  it did quite well, but on the bottom the light was low, so it flowered at 15 cm lol!

I used to breed Day Geckos, what a pain in the butt they were! Those suckers would practically kill the other while mating. I had Sansaveria in my old tank.

--------------------

Offlinecapsaicin
Spicy meatball
 User Gallery

#9506553 - 12/28/08 10:14 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

You should update this thread occasionally with pics of your N.rustica.  This is getting me excited to try growing some of this!  :sun:

InvisibleKBG1977
Re: N.RuStIcA! [Re: capsaicin]
    #9506905 - 12/28/08 11:43 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Yo Kada,nice plants,so green and healthy:thumbup:That's crazy that they grow so well in a Vivarium.I used to keep geckos too man,and I love reptiles and amphibians! That Kentucky strain of Tobacco would be far out man!Along with that,My Rustica,and Virginia,I'm sure to have an awesome Tobacco grow!Post more pics when they get bigger,and Capsaicin,I'll update this with new pictures,and I hope other can join in as well.it really is a fascinating plant:grin:

Offlinesatyr
אתה בעצמך יודע

Loc: Alpha Canis Majoris
    #9506938 - 12/28/08 11:53 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

kadakuda said:

I thought I was the only one who did this. For a while, I couldnt get the proper lighting and temperature to develop healthy loph seedlings; they either wouldnt sprout or they would burn. so I decided to stick them in my burmese pythons terrarium under his basking light and they did wonderful! They sprouted in 3 days, and are a beautiful green color.

--------------------
Looking for Astrophytum asterias specimens; have cacti for trade :pm:

Offlinejust me
Friend
Male User Gallery

Loc: IL/MO/FL/TX/HI/OR
    #9506942 - 12/28/08 11:53 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

can we get some pics?

--------------------

--------------------------------------------------

-pEaCeLoVeGoDbLeSs-

"The Downfall of Mankind; is Believing He Has Limitations."

Offlinekadakuda
 User Gallery

Re: N.RuStIcA! [Re: KBG1977]
    #9506957 - 12/28/08 11:56 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

what kind of geckos you keep?  i *loved* Phelsuma, hard to find here though.

bloodnashes666: what species did you have?  i found them quite easy.  some species like pairs others (few) can do groups.  but i find they seem to form bonds, as in pairs work better when they have grown up together.  introducing adults can sometimes be harsh.  we had a few like standings, grandis, gold dust, klemmeri etc.  all bred equally well so long as the tanks were large and well planted!  there are a surprising amount of ethnos that grow well in the cages as well.  nocitiana, dagga, psychtoria, salvia, pot etc.

here is a pic of the bottom half of the vivarium with tobacco when it was first built.

tobacoo may even be an aphrodisiac :wink:
a grandis pair.

k, no more lizard pics lol, sorry KBG

--------------------

Offlinekadakuda
 User Gallery

#9506971 - 12/28/08 11:57 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

I thought I was the only one who did this. For a while, I couldnt get the proper lighting and temperature to develop healthy loph seedlings; they either wouldnt sprout or they would burn. so I decided to stick them in my burmese pythons terrarium under his basking light and they did wonderful! They sprouted in 3 days, and are a beautiful green color.

cacti seeds like light to germinate :smile:  heat as well, which is likely why.  you never have problems with lights and snake burns?

--------------------

Offlinejust me
Friend
Male User Gallery

Loc: IL/MO/FL/TX/HI/OR
    #9506983 - 12/28/08 12:00 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

kbg doesnt mind :evil:

--------------------

--------------------------------------------------

-pEaCeLoVeGoDbLeSs-

"The Downfall of Mankind; is Believing He Has Limitations."

OfflineCactusdan
Patecatl
Male User Gallery

#9506992 - 12/28/08 12:01 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

They were Grandis, I got a few babies from them. I also bred Leopard Geckos, Bearded Dragons, and Corn Snakes. I actually had one of my grandis rip hunks of skin off a female and also had another female kill the other female...They didn't work so well with me I guess :sad:

--------------------

Offlinesatyr
אתה בעצמך יודע

Loc: Alpha Canis Majoris
    #9507011 - 12/28/08 12:05 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Not at all. The basking lamp is at a far enough distance to prevent burns, but close enough to feel like a comfortable mid-day sun.
My problem with cacti seeds in the past has always come from too much sun, or too little. My seedlings would always turn purplish-brown color, despite the way I germinated them. I was never sure if it was too much, or too little light.

And sure, I will get some pics soon.

--------------------
Looking for Astrophytum asterias specimens; have cacti for trade :pm:

Offlinekadakuda
 User Gallery

Re: N.RuStIcA! [Re: Cactusdan]
    #9507028 - 12/28/08 12:09 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

grandis work best in pairs.  if fighting, bigger cage is needed, and probably more hiding areas :smile:  skin does fly now and then though, just the gecko nature lol.  my cages were usually 5'x3'x2' for each pair.  seemed to work well as i got 10-24 eggs per pair every year :smile:  but i found grandis, actually all the madagascarensis ssp. to do best when introduced to each other when juveniles or very young adults and never separated.  1.2 per cage has never worked for me either :smile:  just fights.

not to keep straying too far.  KBG, check these out.  these are the green flowers i used to grow (not my pics), really cool plants!

http://images.google.ca/images?um=1&hl=en&q=Nicotiana+lime+green&btnG=Search+Images

--------------------

OfflineCactusdan
Patecatl
Male User Gallery

#9507083 - 12/28/08 12:24 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah I had them in a 30g long at one point and then moved to a 25 tall, probably a space issue. You can have you're thread back now kbg :tongue:

--------------------

InvisibleKBG1977
Re: N.RuStIcA! [Re: Cactusdan]
    #9507086 - 12/28/08 12:24 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Awesome pair of Geckos man:grin:I used to keep Banded geckos,and some of the native species found here in Florida.I also kept all types of snakes,fogs,salamanders,turtles,and other lizards.If it was in the Reptile or Amphibian family,I had to have it.I kind of stopped the hobby for a while,but now I'm going to get back in to it.You know,most of us are stoners on here,and love reptiles.I think we need a place where we can take pictures of,and discuss our Reptiles,and other exotic pets on here.Right now all I have are fish,and a couple of turtles,but I'm wanting some more lizards,or salamanders,they are my favorite.anyway,this got way off topic:grin:Here is a pic of my second biggest Rustica.It still hasn't really started flowering yet,but looks bushier than the flowering one.Also,check out these little tiny ones.All my Rustica's are the same age to the tee,but I put these in the ground,and didn't fertilize them.Look at the difference!The lil ones are only about 2 inches tall,if even.That pretty much shows that you can't just throw plants in the ground,and expect them to grow well.They have to be fertilized,and maintained.So for those that don't agree that Miracle grow works,the proof is right here:grin:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds