Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineAaladorn
 User Gallery

Loc: Texas
My first hunt (With great results)
    #949587 - 10/10/02 12:02 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I am 99% sure that these mushrooms are magic. They were found growing from dung here in Southeast Texas. Spore print is dark purple, almost black. They fit the description for Psilocybe cubensis. Can someone please verify this please? I want to eat them soon (within 30 mins) if possible. A fast response will be most helpful.

By the way, I love the Shroomery.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAaladorn
 User Gallery

Re: My first hunt (With great results) [Re: Aaladorn]
    #949594 - 10/10/02 12:07 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

And yes, they bruised blue  :grin:.  Gills are free (I think).  And they had slight veils.

It was so amazing finding these, I was just about to leave when I came upon a couple patches of them.  I wish I could describe the feeling of happiness upon the finding.  There were also baby ones that I left, and I cut them from the dung, to protect the myclecium (sp?)

Invisiblegregre
    #949601 - 10/10/02 12:11 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

They look like cubies to me, but there are certain things you have to be sure of. Wait till an expert consults you about them. Don't take chances!

Put them in the refridge in a cardboard box or a paper bag. They'll last for days.

Save the prints to! Fold the paper up and seal it with tape and put in cool dark place for future cultivation. You won't regret it! :grin:   

OfflineAaladorn
 User Gallery

Re: My first hunt (With great results) [Re: gregre]
    #949609 - 10/10/02 12:17 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

As much as I would love to put them in the fridge and save them for this weekend (I'm going to the renaissance festival). I live with my parents, and I doubt they would enjoy knowing there are illegal substances in the homestead. Which is why I want to consume them tonight while they are away.

I wonder how long they would last in my closet?

OfflineAaladorn
 User Gallery

#949613 - 10/10/02 12:20 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

By the way, I've never had any hallucinogen. The only recreational drug I've ever done was alcohol, and that was not pleasant (well, for a while it was, but I did way too much).

Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

#949665 - 10/10/02 12:50 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Hey man,

Those do certainly look like cubensis. DO they smell sorta strong? Strong like mushroom? The bruising, spore print, veil reminants, white stem and carmel cap are dead give-aways.

Make sure you only eat a few, as if you have never done them, eat them slowly. Maybe eat 2-3 medium sized ones, and wait until you feel anything and have a great time.

OfflineMacey Howard
Formally MOE HOWARD
Female

Loc: Georgia
Post deleted by Moe Howard [Re: Aaladorn]
    #949684 - 10/10/02 12:59 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

--------------------
Hugs and Kisses!

Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: My first hunt (With great results) [Re: Macey Howard]
    #949727 - 10/10/02 01:17 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

hehe

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #949730 - 10/10/02 01:18 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Yes those are Psilocybe Cubensis.
-All three photos contain cubies.

Great find!~
Keep shroomin,
GG

OfflineRemy
Bitches Brew
 User Gallery

Loc: Atlanta, GA
    #949748 - 10/10/02 01:33 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Yep, they look safe to eat, just make sure they are all the same mushroom, (ive seen a few cube look alikes growing in fields, but they are usually pretty easy to discern. Wash them off good, and wipe them off with a paper towel. If you dont have a dry box, then I suggest getting a wire shelf, (if you have one in a closest then your set). Place a paper towel over the shelf, and place the shrooms on there, then place another paper towel over them. Get some damp rid for a closet, and place it all in a closet. They should dry like crackers in two days.

Offlinephilistine4life
eater of shit
    #949749 - 10/10/02 01:34 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

which city did you find those in? im in austin and going hunting tomorrow, i was wondering if they were still popping up after the rains we just had. when did you pickm them? thanks man. let me know if theyre still popping up tomorrow. peace

Offlinekrispyfi
lumber tyrant
Loc: se usa
Re: My first hunt (With great results) [Re: GGreatOne234]
    #949785 - 10/10/02 01:51 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

i am the opposite of an expert, but that ring around the cap suggests that it is Panaeolus subbalteatus. but dont trust my opinion.

--------------------

If i get into some trouble TURBO BOOST will set me free.
Michael Knight you watch the bass with the K I T T.

Invisiblejtseaweed
Stranger

Loc: in the middle of everywhe...
Re: My first hunt (With great results) [Re: krispyfi]
    #949960 - 10/10/02 03:21 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

When i lived in austin cubes would start coming up in early to mid october.

--------------------

buisness is kickin yo butt

Offlineviscid
dikaryon
I'm a teapot

Loc: the mycological center of...
    #949970 - 10/10/02 03:25 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

i cant say they are all cubies, but i will say most.
you did well.
they look a little ragged.
be sure to inspect EACH AND EVERY specimen for all the id characteristics.
you wouldnt want to eat one bad mushroom with a few good ones and have terrible shitting and or vomiting WHILE tripping.
the chances of anything growing ON dung making you sick are slim, but i have seen mushrooms grow up through shit, and it appeared to have been growing FROM shit. it was chlorophyllum molybdites. yucky.
if you make prints try to make them from the less battered and cleaner specimens. maybe just go back and pick a couple for prints, even the little ones would do.
try not to eat decayed mushrooms, as this can make you sick.
do as little actual washing as possible, because psilocyn is water soluble and will be washed away! try to brush them gently, cut the point of contact with the dung.
make tea if you must (looks liuke it might be a good idea with those guys), but dont use boiling water, and brew several times.
they do dry fairly easily. you should consult the dosage guide at the front page of this site. if its your first time i hope you know what to expect (not that you could ever know, really, but at least you have an inkling...)
dont second guess your dose until at least 45 minutes have gone by. an hour would be better. psilocybin takes longer to metabolize (it just gets turned into psilocyn, which by itself can be active in like 10 to 15 minutes.)

have fun
try not to go it alone.
if you doubt the identity of any one specimen, better to throw it out... they were free after all.
peace!

--------------------
You do not know me.

You can't see me.

Offlinenermski
Stranger

Loc: South East
    #950099 - 10/10/02 04:07 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I don't know who posted this.. but I love you...

--------------------
It's better to overdose than to underdose.

Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: My first hunt (With great results) [Re: krispyfi]
    #950635 - 10/10/02 06:08 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Krispifry, just to let you know:

Pan subbs are more brown, have brown stems, have black spore print ,dont have veils and have a more conical cap. Just because they have a two-tones belted cap it dont mean anything. And the color differences on those musrhooms above are from just being beaten in the weather or in his sack...fresh specimens would be all carmel to whitish.

I too am very young to the world of wild mushrooms and trying to ID them, its so fun once you get a field guide and can start seeing macro differences in each and every species!! :smile:

OfflineAaladorn
 User Gallery

Re: My first hunt (With great results) [Re: angryshroom]
    #951714 - 10/11/02 01:59 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Well, last night I ate 2 of the larger ones (they were still kind of small). And I didn't feel much at all. My pupils were about twice thier normal size, and lights were a little brighter. But other than that, I didn't feel much.

I'm thinking about eating the rest all at once, but I don't know when I should. I understand that tolerance builds quickly with mushrooms, but I still wonder if I could feel them if I ate them today. I mean, I didn't eat many last night, and barely felt anything, so surely my body couldn't of built up too much of a resistance.

Oh yeah, the mushrooms did get beat-up in my bag, they suffered damage from the way I was hauling them, I didn't want to get caught AT ALL! Also, the pictures were taken about 8 hours after picking, they looked a lot better right after I picked. But I couldn't eat them then, because I had to do something else.

Anyway, does anyone have any experience on eating a larger amount of shrooms the day after a light dose of shrooms? I've been fasting since yesterday morning, if that has any effect.

Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

#952407 - 10/11/02 07:20 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah, you can eat more the next day...you defninetly will need a lot more...but, hey, make SURE you dont eat them all at once. This time maybe try 4 at once or something. And wait till you feel anything. If you feel like yesterday, with only very slight effects, try eating 1-2 more and wait again.

like viscid said, dont eat any of the rotting ones, dont wash them with water, and inspect every single specimen to that it looks/feels/smells the same way as the cubensis.

OfflineAaladorn
 User Gallery

Re: My first hunt (With great results) [Re: angryshroom]
    #952491 - 10/11/02 07:54 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Well, I just ate a pretty big meal, so I doubt I'll try any today. Tomorrow morning, I may go look for some more (I'm sure I'll find some). I'm not sure that these that I have will be safe to eat by tomorrow.

I'm only a little dissapointed with having no effects yesterday. In a way, it was actually a good thing because it helped me understand what I'll be in for whenever I go for a larger dose.

The taste is not bad, not good either. And now I know I'm not allergic to them. The only bad side-effects I had were the bright lights, and the very minor stomach cramps.

Thanks everyone for your informative and entertaining comments.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale