Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineaxtv
child of the sun
NNOOOOOO help pleasE??
    #949089 - 10/10/02 09:28 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I put my jars in an icubator that was at a steady 85 degrees when i first tested. They have been in there for 2 days now. I just went to check on them and my thermometer is reading 100 degrees  :frown:  :frown:  I dont know how long theyve been at this temp but i guess its safe to say any mycelium is dead? 

--------------------
...remember...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleblazenaz
Extremist

Loc: Surrounded by an electrom...
Re: NNOOOOOO help pleasE?? [Re: axtv]
    #949118 - 10/10/02 09:34 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

No. Wait to see if it starts turning different colors other then white or the cake looks dry inside the jar. If not you should be okay.

--------------------
Blaze

Offlineaxtv
child of the sun
Re: NNOOOOOO help pleasE?? [Re: blazenaz]
    #949132 - 10/10/02 09:39 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I can still see moisture in there so i know its not completely dried out. Hopefully itll still work....that would suck to have done all that work and ruin it on something like that.

--------------------
...remember...

OfflineTeKn0
†hè
Male User Gallery

Loc: ŵįţĥįń ? ?ŧąţĩ�...
    #949145 - 10/10/02 09:43 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

It should be fine, I think the temp that myceiliem dies is like 120 degrees or somthing like that.

--------------------
Listen, or your tongue will keep you deaf. :wink:
ŦēҜй? - ??ĜįĈ?? ҒűČҝĮńĜ ?đVǻŃčЄмЄńŦ

Invisibleblazenaz
Extremist

#949163 - 10/10/02 09:46 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Just remembered a time a while back when dude had a rubbermaid inside another with an old fish pump that cracked while incubating jars. Dude didnt have anything in the bottom rubbermaid to stop the top one from going down to far and the weight of the jars ended up cracking the heater. Dude didnt notice it for 2 days but the water was alot hotter then 100 F and some did perish but dude went ahead and just let time pass in the incubator (new heater). To dudes surprise  the myc in the jars that got hot was being exgulfed by myc from the another area or the jar that must not have gotten that hot. The stronger myc took over the burnt myc like the blob, looked really cool and it went on to show dude that myc is a lot stronger then you think. Long story short, even after seriously high temps 90% of jars did fine, just took a little longer is all. Hope that gives some reassurance. :grin: :grin:

--------------------
Blaze

Offlineaxtv
child of the sun
    #949196 - 10/10/02 09:53 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

That makes me feel better...and also the fact that i just innocualted 2 days ago and there has been no mycelium signs anyways. So i wont be able to tell if anything went wrong for a little while yet. Would having just innoculated increase or decrease the chance that the mycelium might live?

--------------------
...remember...

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
Re: NNOOOOOO help pleasE?? [Re: TeKn0]
    #949203 - 10/10/02 09:54 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

>I think the temp that myceiliem dies is like 120 degrees or somthing like that.

You think so, huh? :wink:

According to Stamets, the mycelium death temperature of P. cubensis has been  established at 106?F.

Invisibleblazenaz
Extremist

#949438 - 10/10/02 11:01 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

You know I am not really sure about that one, all of dudes were in different stages of colonization. If I were to guess I would say that existing myc might be more apt to recover from a heat problem then spores.  :frown:

What strain did you use?

Give it a week and if you don't see anything you might want to look at getting more spores. Most cubensis myc will start to colonize the substrate within a week or so. Might want to still be thinking about a backup plan....more spores :grin: 

--------------------
Blaze

Offlineaxtv
child of the sun
    #949445 - 10/10/02 11:03 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I used the Mazatapec strain. If i wait the week and nothing happens and i buy more spores. Can I just reinnoculate or would i have to dump everything and do it all over? I dont see why i couldnt just reinnoculate, but hey..what do i know haha.

--------------------
...remember...

OfflineTeKn0
†hè
Male User Gallery

Loc: ŵįţĥįń ? ?ŧąţĩ�...
    #949449 - 10/10/02 11:05 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Ya thats it 106.
sorry.

--------------------
Listen, or your tongue will keep you deaf. :wink:
ŦēҜй? - ??ĜįĈ?? ҒűČҝĮńĜ ?đVǻŃčЄмЄńŦ

Invisibletripndicular
My Minds Eye IsRhizomorphic

Loc: Bowels of HELL
    #949465 - 10/10/02 11:09 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

106*F is when thermal death occurs ...................... they may be okay ............keep an eye on project and watch for contams ............irrepairable damage has occured , but if mycelium network was good and strong it will recover , yeilds may also be affected , may also slow things down a bit .
Get a second thermometer , just as a precaution ........also I think you should always do a dry run of equipment for 24 hour period prior to actually using , but that is me .
Good Luck 
p.s. Do not re innoc the jars :crazy: , start with new ones .......watch these they may survive .

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .
So with that said here is our mission statement .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

Edited by tripndicular (10/10/02 11:13 AM)

OfflineSkikid16
fungus fan

Loc: In the middle of the nort...
Re: NNOOOOOO help pleasE?? [Re: tripndicular]
    #949480 - 10/10/02 11:14 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

If irrepairable damage has occured, how would the mycelium be able to recover or repair itself?

--------------------
Re-Defeat Bush in '04

Invisibleblazenaz
Extremist

#949485 - 10/10/02 11:17 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I dont think dude would reinnoculate the same jars. There could be a contam waiting to pop up. You might want to get a second opionion on that one but dude has never reinnoculate any jar for any reason just because dude didnt want to take any chances. Success and failure is part of this hobby...hope it goes well for you :grin: 

--------------------
Blaze

Offlineaxtv
child of the sun
    #949493 - 10/10/02 11:20 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

there are 6 other jars that will be pre-prepared in case of these jars failures. Thanks for the insights!

--------------------
...remember...

Invisibletripndicular
My Minds Eye IsRhizomorphic

Loc: Bowels of HELL
Re: NNOOOOOO help pleasE?? [Re: Skikid16]
    #949499 - 10/10/02 11:23 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Like I said .............."IF" you had a good strong network of mycellium it can "heal ", but it was affected in some way (too high of temp)..................yeild ........resistance to contams ........size.............potency ...........there are many things that can be affected when something happens to weaken growth of said life form even us ........smoking while preggers causes small babies (in most study cases )
Look in TMC it is where I got it from . Not the exact examples I said , but irreprable damage does occur .

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .
So with that said here is our mission statement .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

Invisibleblazenaz
Extremist

#949505 - 10/10/02 11:26 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

One other thing on the mark of 106F being thermal death; maybe dude is just lucky but the cracked heater made the water hot enough to create steam and was very uncomfortable to the touch. It was hot enough to slightly melt the plastic on the rubbermaid where the heater went through. Dude has also had heat problems over 110F with shipping syringes and did not have a problem with them at all. Just dudes experience, take it for what it is worth...

--------------------
Blaze

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   North Spore Bulk Substrate