Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleveggieM

Tip leads feds to $1.6 million buried on Huron County farm [OH]
    #9490965 - 12/24/08 08:52 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Tip leads feds to $1.6 million buried on Huron County farm
December 24, 2008 - ColumbusDispatch.com

Tuesday proved to be an early Christmas for the government.

Federal authorities went to a Huron County farm after being told that drug money from marijuana sales in central Ohio was buried there.

They found seven metal ammunition boxes buried in one spot that contained a total of $1.6 million in cash, Assistant U.S. Attorney Dave DeVillers said. The money was in various denominations, he said, including $20, $50 and $100 bills.

"This gives a new definition to cold, hard cash," Fred Alverson, spokesman for the U.S. attorney's office, quipped.

The money is thought to be linked to a crime ring that grossed more than $10 million in marijuana sales in 2007 and 2008. Fifteen people have been indicted in that ring, including Timothy R. and Donald G. Dailey, brothers from Pataskala who authorities think were the ringleaders.

DeVillers wouldn't say who the money is linked to or give the exact location of the farm where it was found. To do so might identify the person who provided the tip about the buried money, he said.

Tuesday's find brings the total of money seized in the case to more than $6 million. Authorities also have seized more than 80 guns and marijuana valued at $2.5 million.

Federal prosecutors are expected to ask that the money be forfeited if they win convictions in the case. The money then could be shared by the law-enforcement agencies involved in the investigation and used for equipment, overtime and other criminal investigations, Alverson said.

Timothy Dailey, 38, has pleaded guilty to possessing more than 2,200 pounds of marijuana and a gun during a drug transaction. Donald Dailey, 39, is scheduled to be tried before Judge Michael H. Watson in U.S. District Court in Columbus on March 2.

The case also gained publicity in the spring after another one of the defendants - Melvin Blevins, 18, of Pataskala - was videotaped forcing his 2-year-old niece to smoke marijuana. His girlfriend, who is Donald Dailey's daughter and was also in the video, pleaded guilty to two related charges.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleCognitive_Shift
CS actual
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Tip leads feds to $1.6 million buried on Huron County farm [OH] [Re: veggie]
    #9490995 - 12/24/08 09:02 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

I have noticed much more large scale drug operations going on in ohio.  Must be its proximity to major cities.

--------------------
L'enfer est plein de bonnes volontés et désirs

OfflineBrian the Shroom
Stranger
Re: Tip leads feds to $1.6 million buried on Huron County farm [OH] *DELETED* [Re: Cognitive_Shift]
    #9491023 - 12/24/08 09:09 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Post deleted by Brian the Shroom

Reason for deletion: Deleted

InvisibleCognitive_Shift
CS actual
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Tip leads feds to $1.6 million buried on Huron County farm [OH] [Re: Brian the Shroom]
    #9491029 - 12/24/08 09:10 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

haha yes you are, the acid flows like king salmon in c bus.

--------------------

OfflineAnarchyXx420xX
nomnomnom
Male User Gallery

Re: Tip leads feds to $1.6 million buried on Huron County farm [OH] [Re: Cognitive_Shift]
    #9491116 - 12/24/08 09:30 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

yeah I bet the cops will love to share that fucking money, jesus I feel bad for this guy, and someone even ratted out his spot how bitch can you possibly be..

It's amazing how you can go from having everything you need too nothing.

--------------------
:apple: I love ratings :apple:

InvisibleCognitive_Shift
CS actual
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Tip leads feds to $1.6 million buried on Huron County farm [OH] [Re: AnarchyXx420xX]
    #9491228 - 12/24/08 09:56 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Yep, snitches are pretty much the only reason rings like this get busted.

--------------------

Offlinekidaihuan
First Growery Ban
 User Gallery

Loc: Shanghai, China
Re: Tip leads feds to $1.6 million buried on Huron County farm [OH] [Re: Cognitive_Shift]
    #9491242 - 12/24/08 09:59 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

how the fuck would they know?

It would have to be a rat

if it was a farmer, he/she would have kept that shit.

if it was an EX, she would have kept that shit.

if it was a partner, he/she would have kept that shit.

Offlinesmaerd
 User Gallery

Re: Tip leads feds to $1.6 million buried on Huron County farm [OH] [Re: kidaihuan]
    #9491472 - 12/24/08 10:53 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

^^ Exactly.

Yeah lots of weight get's pushed up and down through ohio cuz of 77 and 80. Not to mention Ohio is hungry in itself.

Offlinetempingasashaman
\\\\\\\\////////\\\\\\\\
 User Gallery

Loc: under the rainbow
Re: Tip leads feds to $1.6 million buried on Huron County farm [OH] [Re: veggie]
    #9491821 - 12/25/08 12:09 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

veggie said:
Melvin Blevins, 18, of Pataskala - was videotaped forcing his 2-year-old niece to smoke marijuana.

yeah, FUCK THAT

--------------------
the greatest use of life is to spend it on something that will outlast it

Offlineillusionn
The Quiet One
Male

Loc: The City of the Sewer
Re: Tip leads feds to $1.6 million buried on Huron County farm [OH] [Re: tempingasashaman]
    #9492371 - 12/25/08 04:18 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

holy shit that would be mine and already spent before I told any cop ANYTHING about it.

OfflineTreeMoss
I live in a Fox Hole

Re: Tip leads feds to $1.6 million buried on Huron County farm [OH] [Re: illusionn]
    #9492476 - 12/25/08 05:58 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Sure gives ganja a bad name to have it all like that.  That dude is going to do some really hard time, you would of thought that he would of ran like mad with that cash or hide it somewhere that nobody else knew about.

That is a lot of money, wonder what kind of deal the narc got?  I mean, I wonder what he was looking at for doing time, must of been a very long time or a bad relationship if that was partly his cash.

And the cops will probably use that money to make a scratch in the drug trade, they seem to lock so many people up and do nothing to the business.

Damn, that would of been a nice find; wonder what toys the cops get to buy with that (probably not much they way they burn through cash).

--------------------
Drug chemicals are going to be more abundant and survive longer than any anti-drug agendas.  Some of us are just ahead of the game, we already know what the future will understand.  Drugs weren't bad but how some people used them were and some people just were bad because they had to be.

OfflineAnarchyXx420xX
nomnomnom
Male User Gallery

Re: Tip leads feds to $1.6 million buried on Huron County farm [OH] [Re: TreeMoss]
    #9493021 - 12/25/08 10:58 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

yeah those cops are going to have a wonderful christmas I bet

--------------------
:apple: I love ratings :apple:

OfflineTreeMoss
I live in a Fox Hole

Re: Tip leads feds to $1.6 million buried on Huron County farm [OH] [Re: AnarchyXx420xX]
    #9493174 - 12/25/08 11:52 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

AnarchyXx420xX said:
yeah those cops are going to have a wonderful christmas I bet

I doubt it has any affect, it's office politics and something to grip about to look impressive around the family.

Anyone remember miss goody two shoes in school?  When did that get so popular?  I never cared for those that live to impress others, it's a sorry life of self neglect (in a strange way of knowing yourself)..........ya cops, some kind of fraternity of catholic school girl with saddle shoes on.

I bet they loved contact sports, a bunch of momma boys who would never ever disappoint them.

--------------------
Drug chemicals are going to be more abundant and survive longer than any anti-drug agendas.  Some of us are just ahead of the game, we already know what the future will understand.  Drugs weren't bad but how some people used them were and some people just were bad because they had to be.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore Cultivation Supplies