Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineC.M. Mann
subconscious explorer
Male

Loc: Florida
Should Pelosi be in prison
    #9491780 - 12/25/08 12:02 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Certain members of Congress are acquiring huge fortunes, due to a little known perk these "Public Servants" gave to themselves.  This perk allows these "elected officials" to engage in insider trading legally.  Pelosi's liberal use of this "Golden parachute", has her on top of the "most wealthy list".  As a matter of fact the top ten are all Democrats. How can you write off thirteen million dollars, and claim to be in "touch" like bills wife.  Liberal lawmakers have been given a free ride for way too long, it's time that all of them are scrutinized equally.  The "Bush Haters" are so myopic, that they have given the keys to our Country to histories biggest crooks.  The idea is that politicians should enrich our Country, their view is that the Country should make them rich.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: Should Pelosi be in prison [Re: C.M. Mann]
    #9491896 - 12/25/08 12:24 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Change!  Yes we can!  ... oh wait.

It amazes me how the party system gets people to turn a blind eye towards their party members for the good of the party.  Both Pelosi and Dodd are good examples of people that are every bit as bad, and in many ways worse, than Bush.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: California, US Flag
    #9492133 - 12/25/08 01:37 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

I failed to find any background on the "perk these 'public servants' gave to themselves".  Can you please let us know what you are referring to?

I found a very recent link showing the wealthiest Congress members, and it appears you are wrong that "the top ten are all Democrats". 

The 50 Richest Members of Congress

If you're referring to Representatives, only 4 of the top 10 are Democrats, and only 1 of the top 6 are Democrat.  Pelosi isn't "on top" of the list; she's number 9.

Why do you claim that "Liberal lawmakers have been given a free ride for way too long".  Does the "perk" only apply to Democrats?  After George Bush just spent his Presidency making wealth for Oil and Defense (not to mention Dick Cheney's Haliburton stock options that went through the roof), I would think you'd be against ANY government insider profiteering, regardless of party.  And I would wholehartedly agree with you.

Fortunately, the House introduced H.R. 2341 - the "Stop Trading On Congressional Knowledge (S.T.O.C.K) Act.  If you take a look at the link, and click on "show cosponsors", you'll find that of the 10 cosponsors, only 1 is a Republican.  Then if you click on his name, you'll see that he is a R.I.N.O. based on his "ideometer" (he votes more with Democrats than Republicans).

Now, who is "myopic"???

--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

InvisibleMisterMuscaria
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #9492137 - 12/25/08 01:38 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Absolutely.

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: Should Pelosi be in prison [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03]
    #9492553 - 12/25/08 06:46 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

> Pelosi isn't "on top" of the list; she's number 9.

Being 9 out of 535 puts her in the top 2% ... that is the top of the list as far as I am concerned.

> Fortunately, the House introduced H.R. 2341 - the "Stop Trading On Congressional Knowledge (S.T.O.C.K) Act.

And it passed?  Oh, was it voted on?  Hmmm... it has been stuck in committee since May 2007.

> Now, who is "myopic"???

Congress in general along with people that keep defending their party or voting along party lines.  Congress cares about reelection, not about the long term health of the country.  They use the two party system as a whipping post giving the sheep something to vent their frustrations against.  "My party isn't bad, your party is bad."  News flash... both are at fault and until people start holding individuals responsible, rather than blaming the other party, nothing is going to change.  Obama will be proof of this in the years to come.  Change, no we will not!  :rolleyes:

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #9492597 - 12/25/08 07:24 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

C.M. Mann said:
Certain members of Congress are acquiring huge fortunes, due to a little known perk these "Public Servants" gave to themselves.  This perk allows these "elected officials" to engage in insider trading legally.  Pelosi's liberal use of this "Golden parachute", has her on top of the "most wealthy list".  As a matter of fact the top ten are all Democrats. How can you write off thirteen million dollars, and claim to be in "touch" like bills wife.  Liberal lawmakers have been given a free ride for way too long, it's time that all of them are scrutinized equally.  The "Bush Haters" are so myopic, that they have given the keys to our Country to histories biggest crooks.  The idea is that politicians should enrich our Country, their view is that the Country should make them rich.

Do you have sources for any of these assertions?

OfflineC.M. Mann
subconscious explorer
Male

Re: Should Pelosi be in prison [Re: Redstorm]
    #9493186 - 12/25/08 11:59 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

My point is that we have given our elected officials "royalty status".  Just like televangalists we shower them with riches and adoration. Liberals have been on such an emotional "hissie fit", that they have lost sight of their moral compass.  -----------If you subtract what the elected official brought to their office, and only count earnings after election you will find the top ten to be all democrats.  Three of them are from california, two from Mass., three in New York etc...  .In my post I said ALL of them "should be equally scrutinized", we seem to forget that our laws demand equal treatment for every person. If George Washington were alive today, he would never get elected. First of all he would be considered a "war mongerer", he was a patriot not a crook and would be blasted by real pro's.

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #9493232 - 12/25/08 12:16 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

If you subtract what the elected official brought to their office, and only count earnings after election you will find the top ten to be all democrats.  Three of them are from california, two from Mass., three in New York etc

Like I asked before, do you have a source for this?

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Should Pelosi be in prison [Re: Seuss]
    #9493288 - 12/25/08 12:36 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Seuss said:
Being 9 out of 535 puts her in the top 2% ... that is the top of the list as far as I am concerned.

Since you're counting senators too, she's #17 of 535, which isn't top 2%.  Regardless, I'll agree she's near the top.  But did you catch the part that "the top ten are all Democrats"?  If only 4 of 10 are, I'm not sure that's close enough to "all" as far as I'm concerned.

Quote:

> Fortunately, the House introduced H.R. 2341 - the "Stop Trading On Congressional Knowledge (S.T.O.C.K) Act.

And it passed?  Oh, was it voted on?  Hmmm... it has been stuck in committee since May 2007.

No, it didn't pass and wasn't even voted on.  My point is that 9 democrats and 1 republican sponsored a fix to the problem raised in this thread, and I don't follow how democrats are to blame for this.  I'm still waiting for C.M. Mann to point out the "perk" that congress gave themselves.  Maybe that will shed some light on this?

Quote:

Congress cares about reelection, not about the long term health of the country.  They use the two party system as a whipping post giving the sheep something to vent their frustrations against.  "My party isn't bad, your party is bad."  News flash... both are at fault and until people start holding individuals responsible, rather than blaming the other party, nothing is going to change.

I'm not disagreeing with you at all!  But the OP is putting the blame for this on democrats.  I wished both parties came together in support of H.R. 2341.

--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #9493308 - 12/25/08 12:42 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

C.M. Mann said:
Liberals have been on such an emotional "hissie fit", that they have lost sight of their moral compass.

Dude, I'm agreeing wholeheartedly that insider trading is wrong, regardless of which party is doing it.  And I'm liberal.

Quote:

-----------If you subtract what the elected official brought to their office, and only count earnings after election you will find the top ten to be all democrats.  Three of them are from california, two from Mass., three in New York etc...

Like Redstorm said, can you support this?

Quote:

In my post I said ALL of them "should be equally scrutinized", we seem to forget that our laws demand equal treatment for every person.

Again we're in agreement, so why are you blasting only democrats?

--------------------

OfflineC.M. Mann
subconscious explorer
Male

Re: Should Pelosi be in prison [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03]
    #9494685 - 12/25/08 08:36 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

I apologize if you didn't understand the context of my words.  I am blasting Democrats because they have enjoyed a free ride without scrutiny for eight years, and I tried to make myself clear that left or right they are all crooks. ---------------on the other point you made about insider trading;  When I did the research and found this executive loophole, I learned much along the way.  You won;t take my word, but if you found it yourself  you would learn more. Just follow the money in Pelosi's accounts, and don't overlook overseas banks.--------------------Another reason I am blasting democrats is Kennedy was bad, Carter was the worst, and during Clinton's reign we lost more individual rights than all of the Republican Presidents since Nixon.  Clinton and Gore stood in front of a NORML convention and promised to legalize pot if they got the young people to vote for them. Without a thought they put many more smokers in prison than the previous administrations.  I am blasting democrats because while they are off hunting the mythical bush beast, the real crooks are fucking them up the ass and they seem to enjoy it. I am from Florida, don't think I am just talking about democrats. We had to put up with a republican pedophile who SHOULD be in prison also.

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #9494709 - 12/25/08 08:41 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Redstorm said:
Quote:

If you subtract what the elected official brought to their office, and only count earnings after election you will find the top ten to be all democrats.  Three of them are from california, two from Mass., three in New York etc

Like I asked before, do you have a source for this?

Since you're here, perhaps you'll stop stonewalling and provide a source for the claim above?

OfflineC.M. Mann
subconscious explorer
Male

#9494820 - 12/25/08 09:17 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

If you are interested ,you have to understand that the truth isn't an easy one stop shop. There isn't an easy answer to your demands. The truth is elusive, and it's your job to educate yourself. I've done the work and I know the truth. I made this post just to get people thinking about their fanatic behaviour around politics, and to get them to take their blinders off.  Remember... The first rule to leadership, is to keep the masses in termoil. As long as you and I argue they win. If we found out how close we really are in our wants and desires, then we could concentrate on kicking out the crooks.-----------------If you are so sure I am wrong, what is your source. Where is your proof?

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #9494834 - 12/25/08 09:20 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

So, essentially, you have no source for your outlandish claim? That's just about what I thought. Perhaps you're unaware of the traditional format of debate, but if you make a claim is is your responsibility to demonstrate it.

InvisibleFerris
PsychedelicJourneyman
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #9495237 - 12/25/08 10:44 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Redstorm said:
So, essentially, you have no source for your outlandish claim? That's just about what I thought. Perhaps you're unaware of the traditional format of debate, but if you make a claim is is your responsibility to demonstrate it.

--------------------

Discuss Politics

Offlinemushroomhunter10
Jack-Of-All-Trades
Male User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
Re: Should Pelosi be in prison [Re: Ferris]
    #9495298 - 12/25/08 11:00 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Read signature please!

--------------------
Imagine if you needed it and it wasn't there... GIVE BLOOD
Get a free (PAINLESS) bone marrow testing kit and help save lives HERE.
Jesus if you're reading this, please come back already. We need you now more than ever!
The U.S. Constitution!

Best WBS Tek
EZ Potato-Honey Agar Tek
MY TRADES

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #9495714 - 12/26/08 12:53 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

C.M. Mann said:
When I did the research and found this executive loophole, I learned much along the way.  You won;t take my word, but if you found it yourself  you would learn more. Just follow the money in Pelosi's accounts, and don't overlook overseas banks.--------------------

I did do a search for the perk they gave themselves, and came up empty; that's why I asked what you were specifically talking about.

I'm not denying that Pelosi used insider information to make money, but apparently that's not illegal (although I agree it should be).  I'm wondering if it's legal because no one ever passed a law against it, or because Congress actually gave themselves a perk as you claim?  Regardless, you can't bust anyone if it's not illegal.  Hopefully Kucinich and others push the S.T.O.C.K. bill mentioned above (or something similar) through.

Quote:

Another reason I am blasting democrats is Kennedy was bad, Carter was the worst, and during Clinton's reign we lost more individual rights than all of the Republican Presidents since Nixon.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but once again, I don't know what you're talking about, and would appreciate some examples of individual rights lost under Clinton.

Quote:

I am blasting democrats because while they are off hunting the mythical bush beast, the real crooks are fucking them up the ass and they seem to enjoy it. I am from Florida, don't think I am just talking about democrats. We had to put up with a republican pedophile who SHOULD be in prison also.

I think there's nothing mythical about the bush beast, but if you're saying both parties are filled with crooks, then I'll agree with you.  That wasn't the impression I got from your original post.  :shrug:

--------------------

Invisibleold mushmellow
mushmaker
Male User Gallery

Loc: the dome
Re: Should Pelosi be in prison [Re: Seuss]
    #9496745 - 12/26/08 10:42 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Seuss said:
Change!  Yes we can!  ... oh wait.

It amazes me how the party system gets people to turn a blind eye towards their party members for the good of the party.  Both Pelosi and Dodd are good examples of people that are every bit as bad, and in many ways worse, than Bush.

:rockon:

OfflineJT
Male User Gallery

Loc: athens Flag
    #9497036 - 12/26/08 11:58 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

that's really interesting, i had never heard of that before.

i am glad the people who make the laws are above them.

OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
Re: Should Pelosi be in prison [Re: JT]
    #9498872 - 12/26/08 07:22 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Did you even read this thread?

The allegations above are absolutely spurious.

Without fact.

Nonsense.

The guy is flat-out lying, or he would prove that he isn't.

Don't believe everything you hear, especially on the internet.

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom