Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineApJunkie
part-time Ninja
Male

Loc: Loc:Loc:Loc:Loc:Loc:
Re: Gasoline prices low so we can give the savings right back during Christmas. [Re: mushroomhunter10]
    #9357069 - 12/03/08 10:32 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Crude oil is crude oil man, it goes to a thousand different things.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblelegallyhomeless
mooch
 User Gallery

Loc: EZRA for the Refuge
Re: Gasoline prices low so we can give the savings right back during Christmas. [Re: ApJunkie]
    #9357129 - 12/03/08 10:43 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

I have actually managed to save quite a bit of money since the prices of gas went down. I have some of it but for the most part I went a little bigger on xmas this year. Family...:shrug:

--------------------
MY TRADE LIST!!!

FULLY AUTOMATIC!! 12-Pot Multi Grow Hydroponic System for Trade.

Download PSX ISOs

OfflineChuangTzu
starvingphysicist
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Gasoline prices low so we can give the savings right back during Christmas. [Re: legallyhomeless]
    #9367264 - 12/04/08 05:37 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Gas prices, along with prices of most everything else, have been going down for months.  Gas prices have pretty much followed stock prices.  So "rich people" are devaluing their own companies, thus taking 30% or greater cuts to their net worth and endangering the future existence of said companies, just so you buy a few more crappy consumer goods?  For what?  8 months ago, I predicted we'd be back to <$2/gallon gasoline, I just thought it wouldn't happen so soon.

InvisibleLuddite
I watch Fox News
 User Gallery

Re: Gasoline prices low so we can give the savings right back during Christmas. [Re: ChuangTzu]
    #9379782 - 12/06/08 03:33 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Sounds like there won't be enough rich people for Obama to tax.  Its a conspiracy!  They're hiding their money!

Edited by Luddite (12/06/08 03:34 PM)

OfflineNo Agenda
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere else
Re: Gasoline prices low so we can give the savings right back during Christmas. [Re: mushroomhunter10]
    #9408931 - 12/10/08 07:53 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

mushroomhunter10 said:
How is it cheaper in the Winter?? Please explain as I'm curious.

I bet it's $4.00+ by Independence Day.

The refineries use a product called natural gas condensate or natural gas liquids in the gasoline that they sell. This is known as drip gas in oil field communities.

The natural gas condensates by themselves can run in a gasoline engine but are not very good for your engine. The refineries mix the ngc's with refined gasoline and sell it as refined gas.

In the winter time the liquids in natural gas fall out far more easy then in the summer time. It has to do with pressure and temperature changes. With higher rates of these liquids the refineries don't have to do as much refining.

They just make sure they have the correct additives so that it does not damage peoples vehicles. At least I hope they do. I have ran these liquids straight in many vehicles and have my own low tech refining method.

It is common for people to steal these liquids which are stored on well sites in tanks and use them in there own vehicles.

I am sure this is not the only factor in cheaper winter refining costs for gas. It may not even be that large of a factor but it is the only one I can think of off the top of my head.

InvisibleChiefGreenLeaf

#9478778 - 12/22/08 03:11 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Buy local and the corporations can never get you:heart:

Invisiblememes
Blessed

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: In a Tree
Re: Gasoline prices low so we can give the savings right back during Christmas. [Re: ChiefGreenLeaf]
    #9481314 - 12/23/08 12:16 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

If you buy local you won't have to worry about corporations 'getting to you', you'll just have to pay the premium on buying locally produced goods that cost more since they can't be manufactured with economies of scale or scope.

in the end, we're all "gotten" by someone :smile:

unless you make your own shit.  but who does that nowadays?

OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
    #9487797 - 12/24/08 06:15 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

mushroomhunter10 said:
How is it cheaper in the Winter?? Please explain as I'm curious.

I bet it's $4.00+ by Independence Day.

Many places have different summer formulations for gas to reduce pollution.

Illinois does, and the prices of gas always drops 50 cents in the winter because of the summer formula.

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]