Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleJack Albertson
bismillah rahmani rahim
Male User Gallery

Loc: SOLARIS
Re: CNN Money : Sony Playstation 3 A "Sinking Ship" [Re: Redstorm]
    #9475123 - 12/21/08 09:08 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

again feeling ripped off and actually being ripped off arent the same thing. Im glad you dont feel as though you got the short end of the stick but you may have. The quality of the system is definitely worth less than its price tag. The massive number of system failures and recent law suits let you know that you were ripped off. Escpecially since microsoft admits that they knew systems were faulty and couldve fixed it for 50 cents a unit, and opted not to. That's shady business right there. The recent price drop is another example, if they could afford to sell it at the price it's going for now, why not do it all along? B/c it's not about quality with microsoft, it's about competing in a market where they are the newcomers. Hell windows is an even bigger ripp off than the xbox.

--------------------
Man is timid and apologetic; he is no longer upright; he dares not say "I think," "I am," but quotes some saint or sage. He is ashamed before the blade of grass or the blowing rose.Man postpones or remembers; he does not live in the present, but with reverted eye laments the past, or, heedless of the riches that surround him, stands on tiptoe to foresee the future. He cannot be happy and strong until he too lives with nature in the present, above time
TRANSCEND

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTheylikethatshit
AKA Sno0py
Male User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: CNN Money : Sony Playstation 3 A "Sinking Ship" [Re: Jack Albertson]
    #9475130 - 12/21/08 09:10 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

honestly youre really annoying.

OucH!
Me ego again! :suicide:

:noob::foshizzle::flyhigh::mrt:

I cant believe your still going!

Im just seeing how long you can possibly go on with this nonsense!

You just keep spewing crap onto this thread that has already been debunked, just get over it 360 is the better gaming console.

:bitchsmack::box:

--------------------
REST IN PEACE pirateseatsouls

Edited by Theylikethatshit (12/21/08 09:12 PM)

InvisibleJack Albertson
bismillah rahmani rahim
Male User Gallery

Re: CNN Money : Sony Playstation 3 A "Sinking Ship" [Re: Theylikethatshit]
    #9475157 - 12/21/08 09:13 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

this isnt a dance. im trying to have a discussion and youre seeing how many smileys you can use in a single post. so you have fun being slow, and i'll continue discussing this topic with people who actually have something to say.

--------------------
Man is timid and apologetic; he is no longer upright; he dares not say "I think," "I am," but quotes some saint or sage. He is ashamed before the blade of grass or the blowing rose.Man postpones or remembers; he does not live in the present, but with reverted eye laments the past, or, heedless of the riches that surround him, stands on tiptoe to foresee the future. He cannot be happy and strong until he too lives with nature in the present, above time
TRANSCEND

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #9475166 - 12/21/08 09:14 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

If my system fails, then you may be right. I bought it after they addressed the RROD problem, so I wouldn't hold my breathe. Other than the system failures, what constitutes me being ripped off?

OfflineTheylikethatshit
AKA Sno0py
Male User Gallery

#9475184 - 12/21/08 09:18 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

so you have fun being slow

somebody is
:gaycrankey:

LMAO
okay im done dude, like I said this is POINTLESS!
nobody is going to change their opinions because two nerds are sitting here stating the same facts over and over.
If anybody wanted to use this thread to decide which is better im sure the point has already been made clear enough, weather its xbox or playstation.
If you wish to continue this debate you are simply ignorant and very bored.

--------------------

Offlineflangenips
Batshitinsanse
 User Gallery

Loc: aotearoa Flag
    #9475239 - 12/21/08 09:26 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

though i prefer the 360 currently for gaming, i personally think, like always, sony has invested for the long run and we have yet to see whats to come on the ps3, perhaps in 1 or 2 years time even. I felt the same about ps2, didn't have much interest in the games available until a few years after its release.

Meh, time will tell...

--------------------
All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusions is called a philosopher. - Ambrose Bierce

InvisibleJack Albertson
bismillah rahmani rahim
Male User Gallery

#9475242 - 12/21/08 09:26 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Jack Albertson said:
again feeling ripped off and actually being ripped off arent the same thing. Im glad you dont feel as though you got the short end of the stick but you may have. The quality of the system is definitely worth less than its price tag. The massive number of system failures and recent law suits let you know that you were ripped off. Escpecially since microsoft admits that they knew systems were faulty and couldve fixed it for 50 cents a unit, and opted not to. That's shady business right there. the recent price drop is another example, if they could afford to sell it at the price it's going for now, why not do it all along? B/c it's not about quality with microsoft, it's about competing in a market where they are the newcomers. Hell windows is an even bigger ripp off than the xbox.

--------------------
TRANSCEND

InvisibleJack Albertson
bismillah rahmani rahim
Male User Gallery

Re: CNN Money : Sony Playstation 3 A "Sinking Ship" [Re: Theylikethatshit]
    #9475260 - 12/21/08 09:28 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Theylikethatshit said:
Quote:

so you have fun being slow

somebody is
:gaycrankey:

LMAO
okay im done dude, like I said this is POINTLESS!
nobody is going to change their opinions because two nerds are sitting here stating the same facts over and over.
If anybody wanted to use this thread to decide which is better im sure the point has already been made clear enough, weather its xbox or playstation.
If you wish to continue this debate you are simply ignorant and very bored.

you see what im saying? :gaycrankey:? what does this have to do with anything? you act like a child. Im sure the fact that im disagreeing with you makes me gay.

--------------------
TRANSCEND

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #9475272 - 12/21/08 09:30 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Perhaps costs of production went down?

Prices of consoles always go down after the initial release. This is not unique to Microsoft. It's been years since it came out, so it's not unexpected to see price drops.

That has nothing to do with being ripped off, by the way.

OfflineTheylikethatshit
AKA Sno0py
Male User Gallery

#9475283 - 12/21/08 09:32 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

you act like a child.

wow,
STILL going?
Im not trying to be even more of a dick, but STFU and I will do the same.
:noob:

--------------------

Edited by Theylikethatshit (12/21/08 09:35 PM)

InvisibleJack Albertson
bismillah rahmani rahim
Male User Gallery

#9475310 - 12/21/08 09:38 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Redstorm said:

Prices of consoles always go down after the initial release. This is not unique to Microsoft. It's been years since it came out, so it's not unexpected to see price drops.

you really believe cost of production went down with the economy in the shape that it's in? or is it more plausible that it's worth a lot less than you were charged? Is it a coincidence that through all this drama with the ps3 price that it has yet to drop? you get what you pay for.

--------------------
TRANSCEND

OfflineTheylikethatshit
AKA Sno0py
Male User Gallery

#9475326 - 12/21/08 09:40 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Is it a coincidence that through all this drama with the ps3 price that it has yet to drop?

The price has yet to drop because the ps3 isnt selling as much as they would like to.
Microsoft is owned by the richest man in the world, it only makes sense that the price's would drop to sell more around christmas.

--------------------

Edited by Theylikethatshit (12/21/08 09:41 PM)

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #9475393 - 12/21/08 09:54 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Jack Albertson said:
Quote:

Redstorm said:

you really believe cost of production went down with the economy in the shape that it's in? or is it more plausible that it's worth a lot less than you were charged? Is it a coincidence that through all this drama with the ps3 price that it has yet to drop? you get what you pay for.

:lol:

What does the cost of production have to do with the economy? Nothing at all. Lower input prices could have as much to do with it as falling consumer demand.

You're making quite an assumption saying that it's because that's what the system's objective price is, especially considering that you have nothing but your opinion to back that assertion up.

Just admit it, you're a PS3 fanboy.

InvisibleJack Albertson
bismillah rahmani rahim
Male User Gallery

#9475436 - 12/21/08 10:03 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

what does cost of production not have to do with the economy?  Is microsoft unphased by the economic woes? i figured they would be as bad off as anyone else right now due to the fact that they get most of their sales in the US. i just layed out some things that happened, it's not my opinion that the price of x box dropped and ps3 didnt. I was just saying i doubt things happened like that on accident. it's not like what i said didnt make any sense. If it were cheaper to make the ps3 im sure it would be the same price as the xbox, but it aint. that's why i said you get what you pay for, how am i false in saying that? And if i were a fanboy just making up crap to save face i would gladly say so, but that's not the case, i just call it like i see it.

--------------------
TRANSCEND

OfflinePsyclown
You can't spell Crap without Rap
Male

Loc: GA
    #9477505 - 12/22/08 10:28 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

As someone with both systems, I've unfortunately gotta back the 360. I was a die hard playstation fan until the PS3. My stack of 360 games is easily twice as big. The PS3 is a good system, it just doesn't have the library that it should.  :2cents:

--------------------
Diplomacy is the art of saying "nice doggie" until you can find a rock - Will Rogers

Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

Re: CNN Money : Sony Playstation 3 A "Sinking Ship" [Re: Psyclown]
    #9481461 - 12/23/08 01:01 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

im an elite gamer as ive been playing for well over a decade.

I lol'ed pretty hard at this.  I guess that makes an ultra elite super fantastical holy mother of god im awesome gamer since i've been playing video games for 24 years now.  My first game was played on an Apple II e, my first console was a colecovision.  Playing video games for a long period of time does not make you elite anything, it makes you a video game player.  Whoop de fucking doo, if that was a serious argument to why your point is better, you sir have failed.

Personally, the video game systems today are so close technologically it's really hard to discern between the two.  One has blue ray and is a better media player, one has a better online community and a cheaper price tag.  But in the end, graphically, control wise, content wise, they're pretty much similar.  Yes, you can argue that the playstation may be more advanced but no ones taking advantage of it right now.  But in the end that's crap, because if no ones taking advantage of it right now who cares?  Why should i prefer one system over the other because of the possibility of POTENTIAL it may have.

Anyone who's been involved in any type of technology in the past 15 years or so knows that hardware becomes obsolete in a relatively short amount of time.  There already designing prototypes for the new "next gen" systems.  So, if the PS3 doesn't utilize it's potential power before the new kid on the block shows up, who cares?

You can say the same thing about the media argument behind the PS3.  If you don't have a nice stereo system, an HDTV, Blueray means jack shit and who the fuck cares what else it can do.  While it can be argued that at the very least, well for the time period anyways, the PS3 was the best bang for your buck if you wanted a blueray player, that argument means jack shit if you don't have the other necessary hardware to support it.  Now you can find acceptable blueray players for around 200 bucks, of course you can't play games or chat with friends, but if you're not a gamer you can buy a cheaper blueray player (or a player and an xbox for the price of the PS3).

That's not to say that the 360 is a shining example of how to do things with a console system.  Obviously MS didn't learn from their amazing amount of design flaws from their original xbox line.  Heat issues, hardware failures, dvd-rom problems, still plague their new systems just like they did with the old.  The only thing they did differently was make it less like a PC and more like a console to prevent hackers from breaking in and learning how to fix the damn things themselves.  I repaired my own xbox three times when my hard drives crapped out on me, i can't do that with the 360.  Cheaper price then a PS3?  Don't get me wrong, it might be cheaper, but IIRC the cheapest model comes sans Hard Drive.  So, in the end, if you want to keep a lot of save games you'll either have to shell out for more memory cards, or if you're smart just go out and buy a damn hard drive.  So, really, how much cash did you save?

You can argue the content issue on both sides really.  A lot of the newer, hot, titles coming out are cross platform.  Console exclusivity is rapidly shrinking.  Sure you can get GOW on xbox, but you can also get Resistance or Killzone on PS3.  You can sit and pick at which exclusive titles are better, but in the end (and for the most part) preference for video games is merely a matter of opinion.  Sure, there are some terribad games out there that you can't make an argument for.  But if someone prefers FPS, and another prefers driving sims, you're gonna get the argument of "GOW SUCKS!", "WELL FUCK YOU, GT SUCKS MORE!".  Or even on the same lines, a console exclusive driving sim on the xbox 360 compared to gran turismo may really just boil down to a matter of personal preference.

In the end, these things play fucking video games.  Yes, you should be smart about plunking down your cash on a system that can cost 500 bucks, i give you that.  Anyone who's lived through the 3DO, jaguar, and "32 bit" system days knows all too well about rushing out and buying something before testing the waters.  However, it really seems like nintendo, microsoft, and sony have carved themselves a nice hold onto the console market.  Sony may have bit off a bit more then it could chew with it's new system, but i have no doubt in my mind that they aren't going anywhere fast.  How long has the PS2 been released?  They're still making BRAND NEW games for it.  I just purchased Persona 4 for my girlfriend as a xmas gift on the PS2.  MS is MS, they have the belief that if you throw enough money at a problem you can fix it.  They're not going anywhere either.  Unless the bottom completely falls out from underneath the video game market, they'll be here to stay trying to earn as much cash from you as possible.

So, really, who cares which one is better?  Find out what games you like to play and which console has more of those titles.  Find out what consoles your friends owns and buy one to play online with them.  These arguments about PS3 vs Xbox 360 are just dumb, pointless, and lead nowhere.  What matters is finding a fit for whats right for you, not what some "elite gamer" throws out there as the absolute truth.

/rant.

--------------------
To get really high is to forget yourself. And to forget yourself is to see everything else. And to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe. And I think every human being should be a conscious tool of the universe. . . .

-JG

i really am glad you came back to us instead of taking the other path. *hug*

-A_S (RIP your final words to me will never be forgotten)

Don't fuck with the laughing jesus.

Offlinemakaveli8x8
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: CNN Money : Sony Playstation 3 A "Sinking Ship" [Re: coda]
    #9481621 - 12/23/08 02:16 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

i just bought a few ps2 games today, i hope they are still playable these ps3 games have spoiled me a bit i think.  i can't believe how hard it was to find the games tho, i was shopping at target and all they had was the newest releases.  they had a greatest hits section but the only thing i could find was res evil 4 and kingdom of hearts 2, i heard koh 2 was good but i didn't quite realize what it was about until i picked up the box and seen ducks/various other cartoons lol

anyways ps3 is slow as hell to get there exclusives out the door but things are really starting to pick up for it im thinking.  games are way to dam expensive tho all around.  freakin old ass ps2 games running for $20 is just rape.  im hopin to get god of wars and shadow of collosus soon, i heard there pretty epic along with final fantasy XII

--------------------
We were sent to hell for eternity :hellfire: Ø:omgawesome:h®
We play on earth to pass the time :foreheadslap:

Over-population the root of all Evil-brings the Elites Closer to the gates.

InvisibleJack Albertson
bismillah rahmani rahim
Male User Gallery

Re: CNN Money : Sony Playstation 3 A "Sinking Ship" [Re: coda]
    #9483591 - 12/23/08 02:21 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

coda said:
Quote:

im an elite gamer as ive been playing for well over a decade.

I lol'ed pretty hard at this.  I guess that makes an ultra elite super fantastical holy mother of god im awesome gamer since i've been playing video games for 24 years now.  My first game was played on an Apple II e, my first console was a colecovision.  Playing video games for a long period of time does not make you elite anything, it makes you a video game player.  Whoop de fucking doo, if that was a serious argument to why your point is better, you sir have failed.

Personally, the video game systems today are so close technologically it's really hard to discern between the two.  One has blue ray and is a better media player, one has a better online community and a cheaper price tag.  But in the end, graphically, control wise, content wise, they're pretty much similar.  Yes, you can argue that the playstation may be more advanced but no ones taking advantage of it right now.  But in the end that's crap, because if no ones taking advantage of it right now who cares?  Why should i prefer one system over the other because of the possibility of POTENTIAL it may have.

Anyone who's been involved in any type of technology in the past 15 years or so knows that hardware becomes obsolete in a relatively short amount of time.  There already designing prototypes for the new "next gen" systems.  So, if the PS3 doesn't utilize it's potential power before the new kid on the block shows up, who cares?

You can say the same thing about the media argument behind the PS3.  If you don't have a nice stereo system, an HDTV, Blueray means jack shit and who the fuck cares what else it can do.  While it can be argued that at the very least, well for the time period anyways, the PS3 was the best bang for your buck if you wanted a blueray player, that argument means jack shit if you don't have the other necessary hardware to support it.  Now you can find acceptable blueray players for around 200 bucks, of course you can't play games or chat with friends, but if you're not a gamer you can buy a cheaper blueray player (or a player and an xbox for the price of the PS3).

That's not to say that the 360 is a shining example of how to do things with a console system.  Obviously MS didn't learn from their amazing amount of design flaws from their original xbox line.  Heat issues, hardware failures, dvd-rom problems, still plague their new systems just like they did with the old.  The only thing they did differently was make it less like a PC and more like a console to prevent hackers from breaking in and learning how to fix the damn things themselves.  I repaired my own xbox three times when my hard drives crapped out on me, i can't do that with the 360.  Cheaper price then a PS3?  Don't get me wrong, it might be cheaper, but IIRC the cheapest model comes sans Hard Drive.  So, in the end, if you want to keep a lot of save games you'll either have to shell out for more memory cards, or if you're smart just go out and buy a damn hard drive.  So, really, how much cash did you save?

You can argue the content issue on both sides really.  A lot of the newer, hot, titles coming out are cross platform.  Console exclusivity is rapidly shrinking.  Sure you can get GOW on xbox, but you can also get Resistance or Killzone on PS3.  You can sit and pick at which exclusive titles are better, but in the end (and for the most part) preference for video games is merely a matter of opinion.  Sure, there are some terribad games out there that you can't make an argument for.  But if someone prefers FPS, and another prefers driving sims, you're gonna get the argument of "GOW SUCKS!", "WELL FUCK YOU, GT SUCKS MORE!".  Or even on the same lines, a console exclusive driving sim on the xbox 360 compared to gran turismo may really just boil down to a matter of personal preference.

In the end, these things play fucking video games.  Yes, you should be smart about plunking down your cash on a system that can cost 500 bucks, i give you that.  Anyone who's lived through the 3DO, jaguar, and "32 bit" system days knows all too well about rushing out and buying something before testing the waters.  However, it really seems like nintendo, microsoft, and sony have carved themselves a nice hold onto the console market.  Sony may have bit off a bit more then it could chew with it's new system, but i have no doubt in my mind that they aren't going anywhere fast.  How long has the PS2 been released?  They're still making BRAND NEW games for it.  I just purchased Persona 4 for my girlfriend as a xmas gift on the PS2.  MS is MS, they have the belief that if you throw enough money at a problem you can fix it.  They're not going anywhere either.  Unless the bottom completely falls out from underneath the video game market, they'll be here to stay trying to earn as much cash from you as possible.

So, really, who cares which one is better?  Find out what games you like to play and which console has more of those titles.  Find out what consoles your friends owns and buy one to play online with them.  These arguments about PS3 vs Xbox 360 are just dumb, pointless, and lead nowhere.  What matters is finding a fit for whats right for you, not what some "elite gamer" throws out there as the absolute truth.

/rant.

:blah: youve been alive longer than me, if youve been playing for 24 years you are too. Im glad you disagree with me join the club you can start by making your posts shorter. Btw the longer you do something the better you get at it dont be so dense.

Edited by Jack Albertson (12/23/08 02:23 PM)

Offlinemakaveli8x8
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#9484258 - 12/23/08 04:44 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

ive been playing almost as long as coda,  i remember police quest on my old apple computer lol and silent hunter sub game. 

i remember when you had to leave the house to play at the arcade, and i remember my first console the atari but i can't remember which version it was. i just remember all the crazy games

anyways just because we have gamed for a long time doesn't mean we are experts, we have flaws as well due to having played for so long, its harder to have fun at gaming for me at least now...i know what good games are and what they should have but don't.

--------------------
We were sent to hell for eternity :hellfire: Ø:omgawesome:h®
We play on earth to pass the time :foreheadslap:

Over-population the root of all Evil-brings the Elites Closer to the gates.

InvisibleJack Albertson
bismillah rahmani rahim
Male User Gallery

Re: CNN Money : Sony Playstation 3 A "Sinking Ship" [Re: makaveli8x8]
    #9484292 - 12/23/08 04:51 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

no one ever used the term expert. I said elite, and it's true. Everything has stages beginner up, you cant be a beginner forever. And knowing what a game needs is more than most can do, that's why they hire people with experience for beta testing.

--------------------
TRANSCEND

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals