Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineKemist
Soul ComponentsPrototype IssueM11983MF50 (x_x)

Loc: The Orgin
your highschool years ....
    #948387 - 10/10/02 04:48 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

even though not much to do with Spirituality and Philosophy ... it did shape our lives so it greatly influenced your personal Spirituality and Philosophy.

during your highschool years what accured that can be said was "your generation" ... the activism, the trends, the policies, etc etc.

well mine were 98-02

drug dogs -i remember in thw 9th grade (must have been the third class meeting of the year) they brought in the cops and drug dogs. they demostrated what they were capable of doing by lining up bags and planting drugs in some of them. they did this demostration before bringing in the policy of random sweeps on campus. your in class doing whatever ... out of no where 2 cops and a dog are at the door. you were walked out of class. the cops would do the sweep and you could only watch from thw outside. anybody caught with anything the teacher was asked to come inside and identify who sat in that chair. what was really wrong about this was if you smoked around your backpack your were going to get busted for just a fucking scent.

ads at school - in PE and health we were tought not to consume sodas, junk food, and candy yet there were ads all over the place for exactly what they told us not to consume.

extra alarms - after the columbine shooting we added a special alarm incase of such an event. they had cops teach us drills and "warning signs" for people that might do a shooting at school.

gat/straight alliance - some kids tried to start the club but i went to a very conservative school and they deemed it offensive. the kid sued and now theres a club

--------------------
Rafa (x_X)

fuck a sig

Edited by Kemist (10/10/02 04:49 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinepostalboy
I'm not myfucking khaki's!
Loc: My tiny corner of the pad...
Re: your highschool years .... [Re: Kemist]
    #948661 - 10/10/02 06:59 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Interesting topic for me.

I went to high school in early 90's (91-95).  So I was out of school by columbine.

Drug searches by dog for our school also.  Although I never worried about them.  You see I didn't do any drugs/alcohol until I was out of school.  I was a clean respectable citizen.  Except for the Satanism,  term papers on serial killers, kinky sexscapades, and general mayhem.  :smile:  Of course I had drank when young but by the time I was 13 or so I decided that I didn't want to become like my dad (subtle childhood reference) so I abstained from any drugs.

Pissing off faculty by wearing satanic T-shirts and threatened with suspension when I refused to remove them.  I stated that I was offended by the christian T-shirts that other students wore and if they were allowed to wear them I would sue the school for violation of  my religion.  :smile:

The first celebration of Martin Luther King day at our school occurred my senior year.  That year we had 2 black freshman so we got an extra day off to avoid a lawsuit.  I told you I'm from rural Indiana.  We don't much like them colored folk.  LOL (thats a joke settle down) 

Other than that it was fairly non-descript.  As I said I missed columbine, OJ, 9-11, Clinton's cigar trick and the gulf war was already over.  Nothing happened to alter our perception of reality in any significant way.

--------------------
"You people voted for Hubert Humphrey, and you killed Jesus." F and L in L.V.

OfflineLOPHO.MP
looker

Loc: Santa Cruz CA.
Re: your highschool years .... [Re: postalboy]
    #948712 - 10/10/02 07:28 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah I graduated in 02 also.
DAMN!!! We never had any fuckin' police dogs walking around though! That is fuckin' crazy! I thught my school was strict about drugs too!
Man if we had those I would have been in big trouble!!HE!HE!
I can't believe how highschools are becoming more and more like fuckin prisons! The administration at my school was more worried about kids ditching then wheher or not we learned once in class!

I think this is a good topic. Education has a lot of philosophical implications too, so I think it belongs in this forum.
I know people who didn't learn shit! I learned more at home. There is definitely something wrong with public schools in the US.

--------------------
---Still Searching---

Anonymous

#949013 - 10/10/02 09:12 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

As most people did in high school I questioned authority. From that I started to question everything. I never got over it.

Cheers,

InvisiblethePatient
Criminal Bodhisattva
Male User Gallery

Loc: Indiana
Re: your highschool years .... [Re: ]
    #949554 - 10/10/02 11:48 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

"Think for yourself, question authority."  :grin: 

--------------------
T h e r e  a r e  n o  o r d i n a r y  m o m e n t s.

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bloomington, IN
    #949610 - 10/10/02 12:19 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

My school is similar to what you describe. Ever since around the Columbine shooting, there have been cops patrolling the school in minutare cop-mobiles. One is fat and people oink at him when he walks by, so I think he is always looking for a reason to bust some ass. They are allowed to search lockers, people, vehicles in the parking lot... It feels like a boot-camp alot, but I guess that's what I get for being in the public school system.

I don't learn much, if anything, at school. I would say 90% of my knowledge-increase comes from the internet, books, movies, etc...

Oh yeah, and after the whole "9-11 tragedy", our school has become even more patriotic. You are forced to say the pledge every day, or at least stand up and stare at the flag. It kind of reminds me of bowing to a God or something...... All of this talk about school is making me sick.....
*throws up all over keyboard*

--------------------
:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

Invisiblechodamunky
Cheers!

Loc: sailing the seas of chees...
Re: your highschool years .... [Re: ]
    #949616 - 10/10/02 12:21 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I finished highschool in 02 also and I'm glad I'm out. They just installed FIFTEEN security cameras at the school and guess what? The violence I heard just increased 15 fold! There are fights breaking out all the time and this week some 15 year old girls brought a 9mm to school. I'm so glad i'm outta that shit hole that once was a respectable school in my neighbourhood. University is a million times better freedom wise.

Invisiblechodamunky
Cheers!

Loc: sailing the seas of chees...
Re: your highschool years .... [Re: chodamunky]
    #949622 - 10/10/02 12:25 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

heh, I just read over my post and realized I wrote the number "15" three times which makes my post sound like I'm making shit up on the spot lol  :grin: So to make it sound more credible, the 15 year old girls brought a 15mm to school, and university is 15 times better  :tongue: 

OfflineGrowingVines
Slowly Changinginto a Tree
Loc: GA
Re: your highschool years .... [Re: Adamist]
    #949790 - 10/10/02 01:52 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I was also 98 to 02

My school was a complete bullshit...we had Drug searches atleast once a month, i was called out my my classes 4 times to get my car search cause of those fucking dogs....well they never found anything all those times...hehe i guess i shouldn't have fogged out my car with friends before school.

and damn colombine.....fucking rumors went around about me having a hit list and i got suspended adn sent to court, family ain't that rich so couldn't fight system and i got 2 weeks house arrest, 6 months probation and suspended for 2 weeks, and had to have phyc evaluation before i could get back in school. that was 9th grade

After my bullshit 9th grade year, i was just kinda of know as the stoner and if you needed any green i was that man to find it. Also i the christian people hated me cause i fucked with the hardcore on there beliefs. But i really didn't like high school, it was to much drama and shit. but i will say i was pretty damn popular and have some life time friends from the expericance...

peace out my brothers, for everyone has a bit of insanity in them

--------------------
Peace out my brothers, for everyone has a bit of insanity in them

OfflineCleverName
the cloudsshould know meby now...

Loc: red earth painted with mi...
Re: your highschool years .... [Re: GrowingVines]
    #949804 - 10/10/02 01:58 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

what would you have the schools do if you had a child in there. we should look at things from all angles before passing anykind of judgemnet. agreed things could be done differently, and more efficently. your complaining about getting searched, but your hot-boxing your car before school, gee i guess they're just dicks.

--------------------
if you can't find the truth right where you are, where else do you expect to find it?

this is the purpose

Offlinechemkid
Be excellent toeach other

Loc: Between a rock and a hard...
    #949806 - 10/10/02 01:58 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

damn....I graduated in 1991.....am I old?

--------------------
An open mind is the greatest journey of all.

OfflineCleverName

Re: your highschool years .... [Re: chemkid]
    #949808 - 10/10/02 01:59 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

graduated '00

--------------------
if you can't find the truth right where you are, where else do you expect to find it?

this is the purpose

InvisiblethePatient
Criminal Bodhisattva
Male User Gallery

Loc: Indiana
    #949826 - 10/10/02 02:08 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I graduate in '03. Long awaited...yes.  But i think school has institutionalized me.  :crazy:  After high school i will never be around so many people my age, going through the same problems i face, ever again. 

--------------------
T h e r e  a r e  n o  o r d i n a r y  m o m e n t s.

OfflineGrowingVines
Re: your highschool years .... [Re: thePatient]
    #949850 - 10/10/02 02:24 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

i know i was gonna get searched. I just don't think they have the right. thats all. hehe never heard the tearm hot-boxing =)

--------------------

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bloomington, IN
    #949853 - 10/10/02 02:25 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Last year a teacher caught me skipping class and she was taking me to the office when she said something like "what were you doing out there anyways? whats in that backpack of yours??" I was in a particularly rebellious mood at the time and I didn't appreciate the way she was acting towards me, like I was a 3 year-old... so I said something like "What? You think I got a bomb in here or something??? This is bullshit... etc etc".
Anyways, she freaked out and herded me to the office where a cop searched me twice and then the dean searched me again... They sent me to a Mental Health Center to be "checked out", which was basically a guy asking me questions like "do you want to kill members of your family?" and "have you ever raped a small child"...... complete bullshit.  :mad: 

--------------------
:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

OfflineGrowingVines
Re: your highschool years .... [Re: Adamist]
    #949869 - 10/10/02 02:32 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I had to do that same shit Adamist, maked me hate the school even more.

--------------------

OfflineCleverName

#949880 - 10/10/02 02:41 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

understand everything that happened to you guys was a direct result of the things you did, its not the schools fault, but yours. when it comes to school we should try to take an optimist view of it, there is alot of good that comes from school.

--------------------

this is the purpose

OfflineCleverName

Re: your highschool years .... [Re: CleverName]
    #949885 - 10/10/02 02:43 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

shit, we should be thankful to even be able to go to school

--------------------

this is the purpose

OfflineGrowingVines
Re: your highschool years .... [Re: CleverName]
    #949891 - 10/10/02 02:46 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

indeed i am greatful to a certain extent but some schools try to controll the students way to much, which in the end run will make very rebulious students and even some angry parents.....

--------------------

OfflineRemy
Bitches Brew
 User Gallery

Loc: Atlanta, GA
    #949956 - 10/10/02 03:18 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Im out next year. Ive been to more schools than anyone I know. Ive gone to 4 different high schools so far. School has always been a system to me, and Ive spent more time learning how to beat it, then following it. I haven't really ever openly questioned authority (except when I see faculty or teachers doing something unjust, and nobody feels like standing up for it). Ive seen friends given criminal records for smoking harmless plants. Ive seen teachers and faculty tell me lies about illegal substances whose restriction is causing more harm then they would be causing if everyone was allowed to use them. Ive seen people tormented by faculty for what they believe in or what they choose to ingest. High schools in america are not what they should be. Instead of teaching students about the joys of all fields of study, they have instead put a negative attitude towards our natural curiosity. However we all come to accept that we are forced to go to school, which I have no problem with, but there is a lot of work to be done in the field of education. Everyone has a passion to learn, school should help accelerate this, not make nearly everyone question why they are at school.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder