Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemudkip
I heard U Like Me!
Male

Golden Teacher Grow Log (Completed-1-22-09 ) * 1
    #9483060 - 12/23/08 12:35 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Notice: ALL UPDATES/PICTURES WILL BE EDITED INTO THIS POST RIGHT HERE.

I'm not sure if this is in the right place because it's turned into a growlog, so im sorry if it's not mod's :smile:

I have only grown a couple cakes with a friend, these are the first of my own.  I plan on fruiting the cakes dunk and roll style.  and doing a small casing with my the wbs thats about done, although id like to fruit it invitro but i need an idea for a lid to keep moisture in, get give FAE.

12-15-08:

I snapped a pic of current progress, just so it's not SUPER boring.  How are they looking?  I thinking about pcing a couple more glasses tonight and using 4 injections because I keep forgetting to.  .25 cc's LC per hole and i bet a cake would colonize like crazy.

They kinda look dirty white in the picture to me, but its all white.  No wet spots or anything as of now (knock wood)

12-18-08:

Ok so today im posting 2 week progress pictures.  I'v included the one WBS jar, as it is approching 100%.  Just as a reminder, It was inoculated 1 month ago, with the crappy spores101 syringe, where it started as only 1 tiny spot, as it got bigger i shook, and here it is now finally lol.  I guess it took really long because it had to be shaken like 4 times.

Iv been planning my first bulk grow for a while, and while these cakes are colonizing I figured i should get some quarts of WBS going.

I knocked everything up,  I used 20cc's of Golden teacher liquid culture between 4 quart jars 90% full of wbs, and a 1 pint wide mouth WBS jar.  And when sucking up some LC i made sure i got it from right in the big ball of mycelium. So hopefully these jars will take right off!

Once I see some growth i'll post some more pictures.

12-23-08:

Last night most of the WBS got to around 20-25%, but 2 looked like they needed another day.  So today I shook two, and the shaken ones are looking great.  This WBS was NOT SOAKED! It was simmered for about 30-45 mins, and then drained for 20-30 mins, and it seems to work well.

The cakes are doing great, two of them will be put into fruiting later this week, the other two are just a little behind because I only inoculated two spots, and it was MS because my LC was still incubating, but each of these jars only had one of the spots germinate, so maybe 2 days after no growth in the other spots, I shot them up with my LC, and now they are catchin up :smile: 

Heres the picture, and the half full WBS is really close to 100, and I would like to try to fruit it invitro, but Im not really sure what I should use as a lid for FAE.  If anyone knows let me know!

Heres the picture, no signs of contams yet! knock on wood

Havn't updated in a while, but i'v been keeping a journal so im going to update this thread.

1-5-09

Ok I just got done poppin together the FC.  Its a little sterlite, with 4 small holes around the bottom, and a hole on top for the air pump tube.  Which has a small bubble stone on the end, goes into a small container of water with some h2o2.  about an inch and a half of wet perlite.  The air pump comes on for around 10 mins every hour or so.  So heres a picture of those, the WBS cake is the top right one.

And here is a picture of the half a quart of WBS, the only successfull colonization from my crappy spores101 syringe.  Fruiting invitro.

1-7-09

Ok so everythings goin great.  There appears to be knotting on the cakes. They have been in fruiting for 2 days now.  I'm hoping my FC works well, i have the timer turn the air pump on for about 15 mins every hour or so, so im hoping that gives enough FAE. I havnt fanned or misted, the RH stays at a constant 99%.  I'm thinking I should mist once in a while until it starts fruiting.

I have grown concerned that the FC might be a little to short, and im thinking of going and buying another one to put on top upside down, if i cant find somthing around the house.

Heres a pic of the cakes, sorry not the best quality:

Here is the invitro jar of WBS:

I have a bucket o fungus and a 18 gal monotub colonizing right now too, so i'll post pictures of those on here once they colonize. Can't wait!

1-9-09

Quick little update, lots of knotting on the cakes, snapped a quick pic but gotta leave!

1-11-09

The cakes have a bunch of little pins! And lots of knotting.  I took some pictures yesterday with a differant camera with the macro mode.  All previous pics were taken with my phone lol.

I also put them into a taller FC and changed the timer on the air pump a little bit, and now bot air outputs are each going to differant ends of the FC and into small containers of water.  I will post pictures tommorow, Im hoping to wake up to more pins and a couple larger mushies :smile:

1-12-09

I switched the light cycle from 12/12 to 6 hours on, 18 off.  Because i did some searching and saw that once they pin they require less light.  Today there are many new pins, and many bigger pins.  However i cant really see anything on the WBS cake yet, doesn't look to be contamed, but deffinetly a little slower. 

Many of the tops are bruising a little it looks like, i think this is due to the water that is starting to pool on some of the larger fruits, I don't mist, but the air pump with stone just shoots the RH right up.  I hope they aren't contamed or somthing!

Heres some pictures, the one with nothing is the WBS cake.

Are these ok?  The suspected bruising worries me a bit!

1-18-09

they have now all been redunked and put back in for flush two.  The WBS cake finally pinned and has some decent sizers on it, i'll get pics of that tommorow, they are gettin big.  Not as good of a pinset as the BRF but not bad. Here are some pics I took right before i harvested the second cake, forgot to get pictures of the first one.  The other one in there I harvested the day after.

So at this point I have the figures of 15-20 grams dry off of 3 BRF cakes. Heres the pics. 

I will probably burry these somwhere after second flush. I need to get em out of there and clean out the FC and store it for next time, i need the room for the monotub and bucket o fungus that will enter fruiting any day now.

On a side note, I came across this random health food store the other night.  I go in and its full of these middle aged women that aparently love this place.  I got a couple lbs of organic brown rice or real cheap, and a few other really cool things, so i'll deffinetly start a couple more cakes seeing as how me and some friends already had a hell of a time with the first flush. Go Golden Teachers!  :banana:

1-20-09

Snapped a few pictures of the second flush of the 3 brf cakes pinsets.  The WBS cake is dunking right now, and sadly it didnt perform anywhere close to the cakes.  I forgot to get pictures but the dry weight is 2.5-3g's.  Heres the pictures!

1-22-09

Second flush harvest for 2 of the 3 cakes, totaled out to 54g wet i believe.  Not as many as first flush but bigger ones for sure.  Anyways here are the pre-harvest pictures.  My bucket and monotub look like they might be knotting a little bit, so i cant wait for that!

Well thats it, I hope I have in some way helped somebody as a way of giving back to the great people here that helped me get started.  I have crubled the cakes up in a bag and i am going to burry them outside.  I cleaned the FC out and put two fresh cakes into it.  But my main focus is on my monotub and bucket, i'll certainly have pictures in my journal of those, they should be pinning within a couple days.  thanks for everyones input throught my grow!

Edited by mudkip (01/24/09 09:49 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemudkip
I heard U Like Me!
Male

Re: Golden Teacher Grow Log (Last Update: 1-7-09) [Re: mudkip]
    #9566475 - 01/07/09 06:26 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Update!

--------------------

Offlinefluffyshapes
lowly lotus
Male User Gallery

Loc: Georgia
    #9567182 - 01/07/09 08:21 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

those in vitro are pretty ! 

What makes you think the FC is too short?

Invisiblefutureshock
Fossil
 User Gallery

Re: Golden Teacher Grow Log (Last Update: 1-7-09) *DELETED* [Re: fluffyshapes]
    #9567717 - 01/07/09 09:38 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Post deleted by futureshock

Reason for deletion: .

Offlinemudkip
I heard U Like Me!
Male

Re: Golden Teacher Grow Log (Last Update: 1-7-09) [Re: futureshock]
    #9570784 - 01/08/09 12:57 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Thanks fellas.

The invitro jar was sitting next to the FC and i kinda did an eye comparison of how high they would be if they were on the cake, and it looks like they will run into the plexyglass,  I just want them to have all the space they want, so once i get some pins ill run down to the store and grab the same sterlite and make a little double tub kinda thing out of it haha. 

While im posting, ill say that the cakes look like they are going to burst any day now.  And I picked the invitro jar and just chucked it.  It was just basically a test jar i didnt expect anything from, so its cool i got a nice little harvest before these cakes fruit. 

On a side note, I actually have the day I am allowed to view the trading forum marked in my calender.  I can't wait to get some differant strains going.  I'd also love to make a few differant strain cakes and bury outside this spring, and have a few outdoor patches, iv got plenty of hidden land out back.

--------------------

Offlinemudkip
I heard U Like Me!
Male

#9590496 - 01/11/09 04:54 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Updated with pics of knotting and pins from yesterday, and more pictures coming tommorow!

--------------------

Offlinevichl1
Stranger
    #9594670 - 01/12/09 12:53 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

:crazy2:

Offlinemudkip
I heard U Like Me!
Male

Re: Golden Teacher Grow Log (Last Update: 1-7-09) [Re: vichl1]
    #9595177 - 01/12/09 02:14 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

If you dont have anything constructive to say, ill ask that you please not up your post count in my grow log,  Not that your post count means anything.:postcount:

--------------------

Offlinemudkip
I heard U Like Me!
Male

#9595483 - 01/12/09 03:08 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

I just posted 5 pics for updates.  Im concerned that many of my pins are starting to abort, need some input.

--------------------

OfflineTBTVox
Stranger

#9595541 - 01/12/09 03:20 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

You seem to have alot of grows going, or jars.  Why dont you try growing bulk and/or bags?

Offlinemudkip
I heard U Like Me!
Male

Re: Golden Teacher Grow Log (Last Update: 1-7-09) [Re: TBTVox]
    #9595571 - 01/12/09 03:26 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Haha, i only have 3 pf cakes, 1 wbs cake.  And i am currently incubating a monotub and bucket o fungus, what did ya think i was doing with those quarts of WBS in the early pictures haha. Those are actually almost ready for fruiting I believe.  I'm keeping a small growlog of those in my journal if your interested.

--------------------

Offlinefluffyshapes
lowly lotus
Male User Gallery

Loc: Georgia
    #9595596 - 01/12/09 03:31 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

your pins look fine to me...How's your FAE?

I can't recall ever seeing a straight WBS cake fruit... that'll be neat if it does.
all in all, looking good! :smile:

Offlinemudkip
I heard U Like Me!
Male

Re: Golden Teacher Grow Log (Last Update: 1-7-09) [Re: fluffyshapes]
    #9595709 - 01/12/09 03:46 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Haha, well you must not have looked at all the pictures, if you look theres a picture of a half a quart of WBS fruiting In-Vitro.  My FAE is when the air pump goes on and off.  I have one of those timers which you pull the pins up/push them down to tell it when to turn on/off.  And I have 2 up then 2 down the whole way around.

Seems to be keeping it nice and humid, do you guys think thats enough FAE?  The pump has dual output, and both go to separate ends of the tub, into small cups of water and both have small air stones on them.

Let me know what you guys think :smile:

Peace

--------------------

Offlineflugelizor
Furious ball of nothing
Male User Gallery

Loc: Western NY
    #9628430 - 01/17/09 08:35 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

I just have to say, Pictures after 1/11 are awesome.
It sure is nice looking at naturally lit, macro pictures in focus. Great job!

Offlinemudkip
I heard U Like Me!
Male

Re: Golden Teacher Grow Log (Last Update: 1-7-09) [Re: flugelizor]
    #9630787 - 01/18/09 08:47 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Update and thanks!

--------------------

Edited by mudkip (01/22/09 04:18 PM)

Offlinejoshua_5
rebel without a pause

#9630919 - 01/18/09 09:35 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

dude, looking good! :thumbup:

i am about ready to put my tubs into fruiting as well.
happy shrooming!!

--------------------
we have everything
and we have nothing
and some men do it in churches
and some men do it by tearing butterflies in half.

Offlinemudkip
I heard U Like Me!
Male

Re: Golden Teacher Grow Log (Last Update: 1-7-09) [Re: joshua_5]
    #9632358 - 01/18/09 02:45 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Thanks man, my tub n bucket have been incubating for about 17 days now.  Tommorow i'm going to put them into fruiting.  Now all I have left to do is think of a set-up where the floro being on 12 hours wont bother me. 

Joshua if you don't mind me asking, how are you planning on lighting your tubs?

--------------------

Offlinejoshua_5
rebel without a pause

#9633374 - 01/18/09 05:56 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

i've had mine in incubation for 11 days and growth has been excellent.
i need to draw up a quick diagram to explain my lighting setup.

--------------------
we have everything
and we have nothing

OfflineShrink
The Curious
 User Gallery

Loc: bay area
    #9633447 - 01/18/09 06:04 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Excellent cakes man, some of the best I've seen

--------------------

Invisibleviolentjoe0o
eoj
Male User Gallery

Re: Golden Teacher Grow Log (Last Update: 1-7-09) [Re: Shrink]
    #9633523 - 01/18/09 06:12 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Good job bro i've only fruited as cake's one time and those are way better than mine turned out lol.

Offlinemudkip
I heard U Like Me!
Male

Re: Golden Teacher Grow Log (Last Update: 1-7-09) [Re: violentjoe0o]
    #9637254 - 01/19/09 10:22 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Thanks everyone! The WBS veils are breaking, so i'll post a pre-harvest picture later. 

This simple FC I built works great...I don't ever open it, i dont have to do anything.  Actually I open it once every few days and fill up the water containers, but its workin great. 

Thanks for all the good responses

--------------------

Offlinejoshua_5
rebel without a pause

#9639548 - 01/19/09 04:47 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

three of my six started pinning!
around 11-12 days for incubation/initiating pinning and they are looking good!
here in a few days i gotta take some pics and finish writing up my journal/grow log.

--------------------
we have everything
and we have nothing

Offlinemudkip
I heard U Like Me!
Male

#9648160 - 01/20/09 07:45 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Just updated first post with pictures of the pinsets for flush 2, check em out!:bongload:

--------------------

OfflineDaedramaster
Chemist in training
Male User Gallery

#9649371 - 01/20/09 10:40 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

not bad, Congrats on taming those :teacher:s

--------------------
"The major religions on the Earth contradict each other left and right. You can't all be correct. And what if all of you are wrong? It's a possibility, you know. You must care about the truth, right? Well, the way to winnow through all the differing contentions is to be skeptical. I'm not any more skeptical about your religious beliefs than I am about every new scientific idea I hear about. But in my line of work, they're called hypotheses, not inspiration and not revelation." -- Dr. Arroway Dr. Arroway in Carl Sagan's Contact (New York: Pocket Books, 1985), p. 162.

Join the movement! Click here to open your eyes

Offlinemudkip
I heard U Like Me!
Male

#9659945 - 01/22/09 04:20 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Updated with pre-harvest pictures of the second flush, only havested the two cakes that were ready.

--------------------

OfflineBasement Boy
Only two degrees of separation
 User Gallery

#9659960 - 01/22/09 04:23 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Very nice are you going for a third on them as well?

--------------------
Don't Panic It's Organic :mushroom2:

Invisibleslacker008
Resident Psychiatrist
 User Gallery

Loc: A wave of reality.
Re: Golden Teacher Grow Log (Last Update: 1-7-09) [Re: Basement Boy]
    #9659972 - 01/22/09 04:25 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Pretty.

Offlinemudkip
I heard U Like Me!
Male

Re: Golden Teacher Grow Log (Last Update: 1-7-09) [Re: Basement Boy]
    #9660014 - 01/22/09 04:32 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Basement Boy said:
Very nice are you going for a third on them as well?

Thats somthing im not sure on.  Do you think its worth it?  Well let me further explain.  I have 2 more fully colonized cakes so i think i might burry those two and birth two more in, I have another fruiting chamber but dont really wanna set it up if i dont have to.  The harvested cakes had some mid sizers on it that werent ready, and a bunch more pins, so i set them directly on the perlite for now, and i'll see what happens overnight.  Depending on that I might birth/dunk the new ones tommorow.

--------------------

Offlinejimmyboy01
mash-ed
Male User Gallery

Loc: londoner
    #9660116 - 01/22/09 04:47 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

mudkip looks like a nice grow how many grams fresh and dry so far
:grin: keep up the gd work... going to have a crack at it with some b+ next week when my spores come through the post.

Offlinejoshua_5
rebel without a pause

Re: Golden Teacher Grow Log (Last Update: 1-7-09) [Re: jimmyboy01]
    #9660454 - 01/22/09 05:38 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

it keeps looking better and better, mudkip. :thumbup:

--------------------
we have everything
and we have nothing

Offlinemudkip
I heard U Like Me!
Male

#9670197 - 01/24/09 09:52 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

I harvested the last cake yesterday and decided to just crumple up the cakes into a baggy and im going to burry them outside.  I put 2 new cakes but this log is completed.  Thanks guys!

--------------------

Offlinemushypanda
Care Bear
Male User Gallery

#9670210 - 01/24/09 09:55 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

no, thank-you for sharing with us. Great job man

Offlinejoshua_5
rebel without a pause

Re: Golden Teacher Grow Log (Last Update: 1-7-09) [Re: mushypanda]
    #9670882 - 01/24/09 12:53 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

:cheers:
once again, mudkip, great job!

--------------------
we have everything
and we have nothing

Offlinemudkip
I heard U Like Me!
Male

#9675024 - 01/25/09 09:02 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Thanks buddy, don't be getting overwelmed with shrooms and forgetting to post new pics of your tubs!

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale