Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblepong
kretan
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: west coast
what antidepressant is the best?
    #9479430 - 12/22/08 05:46 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

i have a feeling i may be diagnosed with depression.

i would rather have a stimulant perscrip but that seems like it would be detrimental in the end.

i am seeign a psychiatrist this month comin up and i want to know if there are any meds that i should stay away from.

i am not trying to hear that they are horrible for you and shit like that. 

I am veiwing these things as a way for me to compatiblize myself with the fast pace of life that is expected from me.

now every time i take adderal i almost pass out on the come up.  dos this mean i have add (supossed calming effect)  should i mention this?

i am so afraid of being labeled as "drug seeking behaviour" that i dont want to talk about my experimentation.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblekintos
Stranger
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: what antidepressant is the best? [Re: pong]
    #9479462 - 12/22/08 05:55 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

i just started lexapro for about 3 weeks now and i literally felt better the first day i tookem. for me there havent been many bad side effects except a bit of a drop in libido and it takes about half an hour to jack off.

--------------------

Invisiblecateyes
 User Gallery

#9479510 - 12/22/08 06:07 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

wellbutrin xl works for me... exercise (running) is another good way to combat depression. one side effect: "superwood" it takes me forever to cum. i wish you the best of luck. peace2U...

Invisibledr_gonz

Re: what antidepressant is the best? *DELETED* [Re: pong]
    #9479601 - 12/22/08 06:26 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Post deleted by dr_gonz

Reason for deletion: f

Invisiblederanger
 User Gallery

Loc: off the wall
    #9480452 - 12/22/08 09:22 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

pong said:
i am seeign a psychiatrist this month comin up and i want to know if there are any meds that i should stay away from.

all ssri's/snri's
they will make you worse in the long run
this is true for all of the people i know who've been taking them for 10+ years
they are quite ruined
you will regret it later on down the road
(i know you didn't want to hear this)

try

http://www.iherb.com/ProductDetails.aspx?pid=5583&at=0
and
http://www.iherb.com/ProductDetails.aspx?pid=4732&at=0

InvisibleaDoS
freedom lover
Male User Gallery

Loc: land of the free
    #9480676 - 12/22/08 10:00 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

opiates are the best anti-depressants....I don't care what anyone fucking says.

--------------------
"If we could sniff or swallow something that would, for five or six hours each day, abolish our solitude as individuals, atone us with our fellows in a glowing exaltation of affection and make life in all its aspects seem not only worth living, but divinely beautiful and significant, and if this heavenly, world-transfiguring drug were of such a kind that we could wake up next morning with a clear head and an undamaged constitution - then, it seems to me, all our problems (and not merely the one small problem of discovering a novel pleasure) would be wholly solved and earth would become paradise." - Aldous Huxley
:drooling:GIVE ME OPIATES OR GIVE ME DEATH:drooling:

Invisiblewhattheheck
Chief Love Lover
Male

Loc: Denver Colorado
Re: what antidepressant is the best? [Re: aDoS]
    #9481541 - 12/23/08 01:32 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Medical grade MJ, the correct type of exercise, a balanced diet with plenty of good fats, lots of sunshine (the more skin exposed the better) meditation and breath work.

Start there, if a combo of those don't work, then get the poison. Look at your lifestyle, think about it.

My two pennies.

--------------------
A society whose whole idea is to eliminate suffering and bring it's members the greatest amount of comfort and pleasure is doomed to be destroyed -Thomas Merton

InvisibleChronic7

#9481860 - 12/23/08 04:32 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

breathing

:peace:

--------------------

Invisiblepong
kretan
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: what antidepressant is the best? [Re: whattheheck]
    #9482060 - 12/23/08 07:30 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

whattheheck said:
Medical grade MJ, the correct type of exercise, a balanced diet with plenty of good fats, lots of sunshine (the more skin exposed the better) meditation and breath work.

Start there, if a combo of those don't work, then get the poison. Look at your lifestyle, think about it.

My two pennies.

i like your idea!!!!
i just bought running shoes actually.
i eat well
i could use more sunshine
meditation is something i am going to start.
i think i could do fine like that,

anyways i am going to go get evaluated, if they prescrie me then they do, i will try them out for the remainder of the school year,

but seriously if it fucks with me in any negative way im gonna quit it instantly.

i am going to get my medical card soon so i can toke casty sativa nugz in the morning and be happy al day!

--------------------

InvisibleChronic7

#9482062 - 12/23/08 07:32 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

has anyone suggested looking for happyness inside yourself & not from a plant or pill?

--------------------

Invisiblebadchad
Mad Scientist

#9482069 - 12/23/08 07:35 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

In terms of alleviating depression, all antidepressants are roughly equal.  Most physicians begin treatment with a compound that they are most familiar with. 

Despite what a lot of people  post here, antidepressants have been known to help many people.

--------------------
...the whole experience is (and is as) a profound piece of knowledge.  It is an indellible experience; it is forever known.  I have known myself in a way I doubt I would have ever occurred except as it did.

Smith, P.  Bull. Menninger Clinic (1959) 23:20-27; p. 27.

...most subjects find the experience valuable, some find it frightening, and many say that is it uniquely lovely.

Osmond, H.  Annals, NY Acad Science (1957) 66:418-434; p.436

Invisiblepong
kretan
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: what antidepressant is the best? [Re: dr_gonz]
    #9482073 - 12/23/08 07:36 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

dr_gonz said:
anti-depressants are just bandaids. u need to get to the core of what's wrong with you.

why are you "depressed?"

i think its a side effect of anxiety which comes from a fear of faliure.

anyways.....

fuckit bandaids are nice to wear for a little while the wound seals over.

i am not viewing this shit as a life solution , but like a tool to get myself rolling in a positive direction so that i can just keep it rolling later on my own.

InvisibleChronic7

#9482084 - 12/23/08 07:43 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Like a crutch to walk with a broken leg until its healed & you can walk by yourself?

Nice view, but why walk with a crutch when your leg aint broken?

IMO nobody needs antidepressants

The best prescription is to wake up & see life clearly

--------------------

Offlinesunflower
We're here....
Female User Gallery

#9482090 - 12/23/08 07:48 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Why not do something immediately to begin the process?  Clean your house/room/apartment, get outside and go for a run/walk.  Design a new diet or exercise plan and begin it now.  The main thing is take action.  Don't sit and wait for the situation to change, while you do the same thing.  Change what you are doing and put yourself in control.  Best of luck! :sun:

--------------------

Offlinezootroid
Stranger

Re: what antidepressant is the best? [Re: Chronic7]
    #9482100 - 12/23/08 07:50 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Hey Pong, I was originally on Effexor for GAD(Generalized Anxiety Disorder) and it worked. It worked fucking well. Aside from that I felt like I had the worlds largest ego.

The only noticeable side effect I had was cold sweats. I would wake up everyday soaked. Basically as if I pissed myself while I was sleeping.

I eventually stopped the Effexor (because we now know I'm bipolar) and about 2 months later my anxiety came back. It was like being stoned all the time, without actually smoking:D.

So just a thought I guess, you will learn how to act anxiety free, but you'll probably only be temporarily relieved of your anxiety in the end =/

Good luck tho dude, these can make you way more dependent in the long run I think, because you'll always want that easy way out.

InvisibleChronic7

Re: what antidepressant is the best? [Re: sunflower]
    #9482101 - 12/23/08 07:50 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Its true, even just spontaniously going out for a walk is a great cure for loads of things

Usually we get depressed cause life loses its wow factor, bring the spontanaity back!

Spontanious existence is the only fun way to live

--------------------

OfflineCannashroom
Smoke two Joints
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere
    #9483154 - 12/23/08 12:49 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

A good diet (check out naturalnews.com for good info, search for depression or diet things) high in super foods and VITAMIN D!  Get out in the sun, and EXERCISE.  A very health diet, with lots of vitamin D and good fish oils, along with exercise will work better than any anti-depressant possible; if you do it properly.  Also, take up some spiritual practice, Yoga, Tai Chi, etc, they will help clear your mind and get good vibrations flowing though your body.

Pharmaceuticals are poison man a good diet and exercise will heal you from the inside out.

Pharmaceuticals are NOT like band aids.  Band aids cover wounds so they can heal without getting infected or worse.  Pharmaceuticals are like band aids that have been infected with AIDS.  You feel better maybe, but the agents of disease have your body and sooner or later they will manifest them self.  And once the next symptom of your disease surfaces, then more pills to stop you from realizing that you are a slave to the Combine.

ALL anti-depressants are terrible, work to remove toxins from your body, don't pay to put them in!

--------------------
"A human being is part of the whole, called by us 'Universe'; a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest -- a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness.

This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and affection for a few persons nearest us.

Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole nature in its beauty.

Nobody is able to achieve this completely but striving for such achievement is, in itself, a part of the liberation and a foundation for inner security."

Albert Einstein

Invisiblewhattheheck
Chief Love Lover
Male

#9483479 - 12/23/08 01:56 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Chronic777 said:
Like a crutch to walk with a broken leg until its healed & you can walk by yourself?

The man has a point. I still suggest that there are natural things (with MJ being the most aggressive tactic) that can help lift serotonin and dopamine levels.

--------------------
A society whose whole idea is to eliminate suffering and bring it's members the greatest amount of comfort and pleasure is doomed to be destroyed -Thomas Merton

Invisiblepong
kretan
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: what antidepressant is the best? [Re: whattheheck]
    #9483564 - 12/23/08 02:14 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

whattheheck said:
Quote:

Chronic777 said:

The man has a point. I still suggest that there are natural things (with MJ being the most aggressive tactic) that can help lift serotonin and dopamine levels.

you guys are such fags

seriously you think MJ is gonna help me?  wtf?

of course it ads to the quality of life for anyone.

i am always awake and clear, i am interested in antidepressents to stop myself frm falling off. 

i have been having cycling moods from on top of the world to suicidal for 7 years  these run at about a 3 month cycle from top to bottom to top again,

i have tried many things to prevent myself from getting all depressed

but invariably i wake up one day kicking myself in the head with little to no recollection of the days that have passed me by.

IMO you need to answer my question instead of calling it stupid in your lefthanded way.

bullshit

--------------------

Invisiblewhattheheck
Chief Love Lover
Male

#9483702 - 12/23/08 02:52 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Whoa man, I never said such things and you need to knock off the flaming in here! Take that crap back to 2nd grade or to OTD.

It is a FACT that almost all cases of depression have roots in one's diet and other factors I mentioned in. I simply suggested that you try these things before you go on meds as a. you may find out you don't need them and b. if you still do, you'll have a much better chance of needing low doses and achieving the "push" you may very well need, not to mention getting to a spot where you can get off of the synthetics.

I know several people who have been helped by AD's, and it changed their life. But ALL of them were able to get off rather quickly. On the other hand, I know many many more, whom it did no good for, damaged, & became a useless mind erasing crutch.

I never called you or your question stupid, anywhere, quit the contrary, I have devoted time to trying and help you, and I get called a "fag" for it. :sad:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom