Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineLegend9123
Male

Re: PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT: My Christmas flight got cancelled and I'm ripe to flex my ban stick [Re: jvm]
    #9479779 - 12/22/08 09:08 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

jvm said:
Quote:

Capatalistc nomad said:
Ill chime in here...

I remember the shroomery being somewhat of a kinder place in the past. Weather or not this is pure nostalgia or the fact of the matter... im not entirely sure.

But really.... what the hell is going on, where did all the good people go?

I really don't think they've gone anywhere. It's a stressful time for a lot of people as of lately. It's the winter time also. Winter is always cold,dark and depressing. A lot of people seem to drag over their personal life emotions into this forum which is understandable. Life isn't easy for almost everyone lately. A lot of people are pissed off and stressed out. Me personally am just having ups and downs like usual.

I just wanted to echo this sentiment.  It seems as of late everyone is on edge and for most an internet forum is an easy release because they rarely deal with the repercussions of their actions.  Maybe if Geo and other shroomery staff start wielding the almighty banstick with both hands and wailing wantonly with it these people will learn that even in a semi-anonymous location they still have to think before they talk.

--------------------
Those who would give up a little freedom to get a little security shall soon have neither.
-Benjamin Franklin

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
Offlinekidaihuan
First Growery Ban
 User Gallery

Loc: Shanghai, China
Re: PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT: My Christmas flight got cancelled and I'm ripe to flex my ban stick *DELETED* [Re: Legend9123]
    #9479796 - 12/22/08 09:14 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Post deleted by kidaihuan

Reason for deletion: geokills is not teh ghey

Offline2859558484
Growery is Better
 User Gallery

Re: PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT: My Christmas flight got cancelled and I'm ripe to flex my ban stick [Re: kidaihuan]
    #9479807 - 12/22/08 09:16 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

:minigun:

--------------------

Edited by geokills (12/22/08 09:27 PM)

Offlinekidaihuan
First Growery Ban
 User Gallery

Re: PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT: My Christmas flight got cancelled and I'm ripe to flex my ban stick [Re: kidaihuan]
    #9479816 - 12/22/08 09:18 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

And the reason I'm pissed off is because in China there is no Christmas and my wife really does not get in the Christmas spirit, you know what I mean.

For example, she got upset and through a bunch of candy and a game she had got me for Christmas in the trash. Already wrapped and under the Christmas tree.

Now, that's just something you don't do, and since I knew she was bluffing, I called her on it by taking the wrapped game out of the trash, breaking it in my hands and dropping it back in.

After that, she said "Christmas is dead to me" and I put the tree in storage (just got it, wanted to have a real Christmas this year because the last two years I have been here I haven't had one).

So, Geokills, no offense, I'm just pissed the fuck off because I don't get Christmas again.

OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels Flag
Re: PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT: My Christmas flight got cancelled and I'm ripe to flex my ban stick [Re: Legend9123]
    #9479820 - 12/22/08 09:19 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Legend9123 said:

It seems as of late everyone is on edge and for most an internet forum is an easy release because they rarely deal with the repercussions of their actions.  Maybe if Geo and other shroomery staff start wielding the almighty banstick with both hands and wailing wantonly with it these people will learn that even in a semi-anonymous location they still have to think before they talk.

I'd hope that is the case.  It is my wholehearted opinion and genuine belief that people should [always] think before they speak.  We all have shitty times at various points throughout our lives, but that is no reason to drag other people down with us - how selfish is that?  There is something to be said for exercising a little self discipline and self control.  And as noted, there are outlets available for indiscriminate venting, it simply happens that the Pub is not one of them.

--------------------

--------------------
··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙··
...π╥ ╥π...

InvisibleTEAL_MUST_DIE
hobbes was right
Male

Re: PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT: My Christmas flight got cancelled and I'm ripe to flex my ban stick [Re: geokills]
    #9479855 - 12/22/08 09:29 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

i know i may be part of the problem for i've received several warnings and been banned from the pub once before, thanks for not banning me and instead warning me; I think many of us are just mild aggressive posters but not as aggressive as to hang around the OTD forum.

--------------------
:megapsycrankey:

Offlinekidaihuan
First Growery Ban
 User Gallery

Re: PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT: My Christmas flight got cancelled and I'm ripe to flex my ban stick [Re: TEAL_MUST_DIE]
    #9479892 - 12/22/08 09:37 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

The Smoke Lounge over at the Growery is kind of a Pub OTD lovechild/hybrid.

For those who are between the Pub and the OTD, I suggest heading over there.

I'd be there, but unfortunately I got a 14 year ban for posting some inappropriate pictures.

OfflineLegend9123
Male

Re: PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT: My Christmas flight got cancelled and I'm ripe to flex my ban stick [Re: geokills]
    #9479896 - 12/22/08 09:38 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

There is definitely something to be said for people who have self control.  But in the instant gratification society we live in people rarely think of the consequences for others and only for the direct and immediate impact to themselves.  Those people who don't act in such a way are the reason the shroomery is great.  We just seem to have had a couple of bad batches recently.  Maybe someone pissed in the gene pool in a certain time period? :smirk:

--------------------
Those who would give up a little freedom to get a little security shall soon have neither.
-Benjamin Franklin

InvisibleHendostan
I'm a teapot

Re: PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT: My Christmas flight got cancelled and I'm ripe to flex my ban stick! [Re: Kada]
    #9480206 - 12/22/08 10:35 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Kada said:
I saw the thread and decided not to post in it because this place has indeed started to turn into a place where private things are better left unsaid. It is a sad day to realize this. I remember being able to post really sensitive and private things here and get really honest heart felt answers from everyone. Im not saying everyone is like this, just alot of people that seem to have regestered in the last year or two. We used to be a nice close nit community, and now i feel like any idiot is in here posting because it is cool or something.

yeah it seems like the number of quality conversations has gone down and the number of pissing matches has gone waaaay up. some people are too eager to make themselves look badass and it deters others who might have something insightful or useful to say. some of us still try though :heart:

happy holidays geo, hope you get to your destination

OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels Flag
Re: PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT: My Christmas flight got cancelled and I'm ripe to flex my ban stick! [Re: Hendostan]
    #9480987 - 12/23/08 01:05 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

I always get to my destination, even though that sometimes requires my destination to change without notice!

--------------------

--------------------
··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙··
...π╥ ╥π...

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
    #9481211 - 12/23/08 01:50 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

kidaihuan said:
And the reason I'm pissed off is because in China there is no Christmas and my wife really does not get in the Christmas spirit, you know what I mean.

For example, she got upset and through a bunch of candy and a game she had got me for Christmas in the trash. Already wrapped and under the Christmas tree.

Now, that's just something you don't do, and since I knew she was bluffing, I called her on it by taking the wrapped game out of the trash, breaking it in my hands and dropping it back in.

After that, she said "Christmas is dead to me" and I put the tree in storage (just got it, wanted to have a real Christmas this year because the last two years I have been here I haven't had one).

So, Geokills, no offense, I'm just pissed the fuck off because I don't get Christmas again.

in all honesty... that's your doing, you may not want to hear
it but the fact of the matter is you're bringing a western
tradition into an eastern home, I'm sure your wafe didnt just
get angry, she had to have had some reason, regardless of
what the fight was over it's up to you to be forgiving and
not show her you can be a bigger child than she can be

Invisiblewhattheheck
Chief Love Lover
Male

Loc: Denver Colorado
    #9481242 - 12/23/08 01:57 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Well, I guess that The Shroomery is mirroring society a bit, with less caring for one another and more of that good ol' "F U" attitude that everyone seems to love carrying around.

Sign o' the times.

--------------------
A society whose whole idea is to eliminate suffering and bring it's members the greatest amount of comfort and pleasure is doomed to be destroyed -Thomas Merton

Offlinenotapillow
I want to be a fisherman
 User Gallery

Loc: A rare and different tune
Re: PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT: My Christmas flight got cancelled and I'm ripe to flex my ban stick [Re: whattheheck]
    #9481534 - 12/23/08 03:28 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

hoy
good post geo

this place jas been petty ripe as of late

i cant even bring myself ho n the computer alot these days. and when i do it sucks to greeted by stupid dribble

i mean i apreciate the pointlessness. all of it. it still sucks tho

that is indeed why we have  pointless forum

--------------------

OfflineDobie
Dopeless Hopefiend
Male User Gallery

Loc: ON DA BLOCK Flag
Re: PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT: My Christmas flight got cancelled and I'm ripe to flex my ban stick [Re: notapillow]
    #9481548 - 12/23/08 03:36 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah the pub used to be alot more hippish now it just seems to be a bunch of highschool kids who don't quite have the balls to post in otd

--------------------
This place is gayer than when the balls touch

Invisiblewhattheheck
Chief Love Lover
Male

Loc: Denver Colorado
Re: PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT: My Christmas flight got cancelled and I'm ripe to flex my ban stick [Re: Dobie]
    #9481583 - 12/23/08 03:47 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

dobie said:
Yeah the pub used to be alot more hippish now it just seems to be a bunch of highschool kids who don't quite have the balls to post in otd

--------------------
A society whose whole idea is to eliminate suffering and bring it's members the greatest amount of comfort and pleasure is doomed to be destroyed -Thomas Merton

Invisibleblewmeanie
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Flag
Re: PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT: My Christmas flight got cancelled and I'm ripe to flex my ban stick [Re: whattheheck]
    #9481599 - 12/23/08 04:01 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah, that sounds about right.

--------------------
The Prophecy!

Learn To Code

InvisibleKillerPicklez
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Flag
Re: PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT: My Christmas flight got cancelled and I'm ripe to flex my ban stick [Re: Dobie]
    #9481615 - 12/23/08 04:14 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

dobie said:

isnt that how it has always been :smirk:

Offlinenotapillow
I want to be a fisherman
 User Gallery

Loc: A rare and different tune
Re: PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT: My Christmas flight got cancelled and I'm ripe to flex my ban stick [Re: KillerPicklez]
    #9481642 - 12/23/08 04:26 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

i posted in otd befor posting in here during highschool

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom