Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineBuckeye Oysters
From Zero to Hero
 User Gallery

Preparing for bleach bomb >((__))>
    #9477566 - 12/22/08 10:45 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

I have been awakened to the realization that the area of my basement that I do cube straw logs and make logs is too dirty.  I had problems with implementing the idea of using a soaker hose in 2 cube straw beds which the results were lots and lots of green mold.  After dumping everything outside and sweeping things up I still am having 100% failure making successful pasteurized cube straw logs that were made in the basement.  I have made dozens of successful cube logs before so I know the problem is not in my methods but this nasty mold ridden basement.

So now I am following the 3-day cleanup routine in the GGMM where I am going to spray 10% bleach solution on all the walls and floors (I figure 2 cup bleach to 1 gal water should do it, or is that too much?), then seal the room up and let the chlorine permeate everything overnight, then vent the room out and repeat.  Finally rinse everything down with water.

Am I missing anything?

--------------------
Evolution is Lamarckism in disguise.  Adaptation never creates a new species or trait, but rather the new species/trait always existed within the parent DNA until circumstances allowed it to be activated.  For instance, every wolf has the DNA for poodles, but that DNA would never be revealed without man selectively breeding for it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinesolumvita
Q.B.E.
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Africa
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Preparing for bleach bomb >((__))> [Re: Buckeye Oysters]
    #9477588 - 12/22/08 10:50 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Assuming you have a standard cup (250ml) then 2 cups =  13.5%.

I do not think you need to rinse with water after, the room may smell a bit but the smell will be gone after about a day.

Sounds good, good luck dirty Trich

--------------------
One of these days all the answers will be revealed until then we learn from each other!

www.mushrush.co.za

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale