Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleOrgoneConclusion
Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

Loc: Under the C
Negative Proof
    #9466038 - 12/20/08 08:40 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

There has been a pandemic of rebuttal posts of late pointing out the 'fact' that no one has any evidence against the existence of God/ghosts/aliens, etc.

Apparently these 'clever' posters think they have scored a point yet don't even have any idea of what they are talking about. When asked what form this negative evidence would take, the usual answer is: TOTAL SILENCE.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemushroom people
I ♥ LSD
Male

Re: Negative Proof [Re: OrgoneConclusion]
    #9466098 - 12/20/08 09:17 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

How many posts constitute a pandemic?

Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

Re: Negative Proof [Re: mushroom people]
    #9466117 - 12/20/08 09:26 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

I sent an e-mail to the Disease Control Center in Atlanta and am awaiting a reply.

--------------------

Offlinefigmentfragment
leaving shroomery

Loc: Flag
    #9468273 - 12/20/08 05:19 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

No evidence is no evidence, whether it is possible to provide or not.

Result: No evidence.

The fact that I have no way of disproving ghosts...ditto.

How does this convince me either way?

I have no proof for either side.

*silence*

--------------------
Goodbye Shroomery.

Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

Re: Negative Proof [Re: figmentfragment]
    #9468307 - 12/20/08 05:23 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

I asked God to strike me dead and I am sti

--------------------

Offlinefigmentfragment
leaving shroomery

Loc: Flag
    #9468320 - 12/20/08 05:25 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

still alive.

Unless someone else or god themselves continued the next stages of the posting process.

:tongue2:

--------------------
Goodbye Shroomery.

InvisibleDieCommie

#9468330 - 12/20/08 05:26 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

I think there is evidence out there against specific forms of ghosts, earth visiting aliens and god.

Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

Re: Negative Proof [Re: DieCommie]
    #9468342 - 12/20/08 05:28 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

I think there is evidence out there...

*cue X-Files whistling theme*

--------------------

OfflineDrakion
Wo kommst du?
Male

#9468479 - 12/20/08 05:50 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

One thing I find many theists doing (such as yourself) is attempting to turn the burden of proof.

The burden of proof is the sole responsibility of the person making the claims. If you assert that there is God(s), then it is up to you to prove your claims. Claims made without evidence are dismissed.

Also, not being able to prove the nonexistence of something does not prove existence. There is no such thing as negative evidence, only wishful dreamers. Please see Russell's celestial Teapot. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russell%27s_teapot

Don't get me wrong, I would LOVE the idea of this stuff being real. But the problem is with modern 24 hour news, internet, cellphone cameras, gps satellites, and a plethora of other wonderful technologies, we get nothing more than a small handful of grainy, shaky, blurred, and garbled footage.

Also, the belief in aliens hurts your belief in God(s). If a Christian God made everything, and made us in His image, then what of aliens? If they are more advanced than us than they are better than God? God never speaks of creating unworldly life, yet there it would be. Who made the aliens? What if they have different God(s), or as I would imagine, no God(s) at all?

Now, if these aliens came to earth and they too worshiped Jesus, Allah, Shiva, Thor, or any other of the host of Gods out there, that would be a whole different story entirely.

In closing I guess instead of "Total silence" you should be saying, "They rebuttal with roughly 250 words to start."

--------------------
Choosing a religion is like playing the lotto, you can't get saved if you don't play! ~ Bill Maher

The efficiency of the truly national leader consists primarily in preventing the division of the attention of a people, and always in concentrating it on a single enemy. ~Adolf Hitler

10 years in an American prison right here folks, be careful!

OfflineKonyap

Loc: Planet Piss
Re: Negative Proof [Re: Drakion]
    #9468502 - 12/20/08 05:55 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Ive seen some weird shit but I wouldnt expect anyone else to say anything less of course i pointed it out to them. :whoyougonnacall:

Offlinedead4spread20
Stranger
    #9468548 - 12/20/08 06:05 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Drakion said:
One thing I find many theists doing (such as yourself) is attempting to turn the burden of proof.

The burden of proof is the sole responsibility of the person making the claims. If you assert that there is God(s), then it is up to you to prove your claims. Claims made without evidence are dismissed.

This is why I usually flip this exact burden of proof story on someone whole tells me that there is no evidence that God exists. The said person is in fact assuming that there is no evidence which means that he has no evidence that there is no evidence.

Quote:

Also, the belief in aliens hurts your belief in God(s). If a Christian God made everything, and made us in His image, then what of aliens? If they are more advanced than us than they are better than God? God never speaks of creating unworldly life, yet there it would be. Who made the aliens? What if they have different God(s), or as I would imagine, no God(s) at all?

This is things that continues to irk me... It seems most atheist leaning people seem to relate the word God with Christianity. I've found this to be like 90 percent(I have no evidence for these numbers btw) I think less of people when they do this, I really do, because Christianity is such a scape goat because it is like the CNN of the religion world, and atheists eat this shit up...IMO atheists are fairly Christian(I have no evidence btw) because that's all they know to argue about or against.

edit; atheists trash talk the Buddha like .01 percent of the time, Jesus 50 percent of the time, and are just idiots the rest of their lives Whats up wit da love for Buddha?? the dude gave up the bomb ass life smoking ganja in a palace with a bunch of bitches.. how IRRATIONAL IS THAT?

Edited by dead4spread20 (12/20/08 06:10 PM)

Invisiblemushroom people
I ♥ LSD
Male

Re: Negative Proof [Re: dead4spread20]
    #9468619 - 12/20/08 06:24 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

dead4spread20 said:

This is things that continues to irk me... It seems most atheist leaning people seem to relate the word God with Christianity. I've found this to be like 90 percent(I have no evidence for these numbers btw) I think less of people when they do this, I really do, because Christianity is such a scape goat because it is like the CNN of the religion world, and atheists eat this shit up...IMO atheists are fairly Christian(I have no evidence btw) because that's all they know to argue about or against.

I have to agree with this.

Invisiblemushroom people
I ♥ LSD
Male

#9468658 - 12/20/08 06:29 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Drakion said:

I have my own personal proof. I try to make no claims I need to prove to others. I think that everyone is got his own path to follow. It kind of irks me that Christians and Skeptics try to force their truth on to everyone else.

InvisibleDieCommie

#9468676 - 12/20/08 06:34 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Drakion said:

Also, not being able to prove the nonexistence of something does not prove existence. There is no such thing as negative evidence, only wishful dreamers. Please see Russell's celestial Teapot. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russell%27s_teapot

Don't get me wrong, I would LOVE the idea of this stuff being real. But the problem is with modern 24 hour news, internet, cellphone cameras, gps satellites, and a plethora of other wonderful technologies, we get nothing more than a small handful of grainy, shaky, blurred, and garbled footage.

Now, if these aliens came to earth and they too worshiped Jesus, Allah, Shiva, Thor, or any other of the host of Gods out there, that would be a whole different story entirely.

In closing I guess instead of "Total silence" you should be saying, "They rebuttal with roughly 250 words to start."

Wow, you really read alot into my one sentence post.

OfflineDrakion
Wo kommst du?
Male

Re: Negative Proof [Re: dead4spread20]
    #9468677 - 12/20/08 06:34 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

This is why I usually flip this exact burden of proof story on someone whole tells me that there is no evidence that God exists. The said person is in fact assuming that there is no evidence which means that he has no evidence that there is no evidence.

They are not assuming anything. They are merely stating fact. It doesn't support their "claims", but refutes yours. The simple fact is, currently no religion in this world has any evidence that proves their faith to be true. As a matter of fact if they did have such evidence their faith would stop being a faith. Faith is: Belief that is not based on proof~ Dictionary.com

We are not asking you if evidence may or may not exist. We are asking for evidence for your claim. Nothing more, nothing less. Telling me: I can't prove that there is not proof that may be found to support the claim that you currently can't prove, therefor proving your claim as true doesn't help your argument at all, but merely makes you look silly. That's called circle logic, and zealots are wonderful at it.

Quote:

I spoke of Christianity in general merely because it's the most widely accepted belief in my country. I can (and have) debated the finer points of many belief systems. I find it exciting and surprising that you wish to touch on Buddhism in your further writings, as it was just recently the topic of my current studies.

Quote:

edit; atheists trash talk the Buddha like .01 percent of the time, Jesus 50 percent of the time, and are just idiots the rest of their lives Whats up wit da love for Buddha?? the dude gave up the bomb ass life smoking ganja in a palace with a bunch of bitches.. how IRRATIONAL IS THAT?

I think the reason why Buddhism isn't the main topic of debate most of the time is due to the fact that they are fairly peaceful in their beliefs. They don't attempt to write their faith teachings into American law in vain attempts to force nonbelievers to conform. They do not kill/scare/lie to people who do not follow their faith (and sometimes to those who do).

When practicing Buddhists start firebombing clinics and flying planes into buildings in the name of their religion you will see an influx of "atheist love" that will make your head spin.

--------------------
Choosing a religion is like playing the lotto, you can't get saved if you don't play! ~ Bill Maher

The efficiency of the truly national leader consists primarily in preventing the division of the attention of a people, and always in concentrating it on a single enemy. ~Adolf Hitler

Edited by Drakion (12/20/08 06:34 PM)

OfflineDrakion
Wo kommst du?
Male

Re: Negative Proof [Re: mushroom people]
    #9468699 - 12/20/08 06:40 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

mushroom people said:
Quote:

Drakion said:

I have my own personal proof. I try to make no claims I need to prove to others. I think that everyone is got his own path to follow. It kind of irks me that Christians and Skeptics try to force their truth on to everyone else.

In that I am fine. I have nothing against spirituality, as I firmly believe every man and woman has their own path to follow in life. Whatever helps you along that path is a good thing and should be cherished.

I'm a tad offended that you believe "skeptics" attempt to push their (non belief?) upon others though. I am merely defending myself against the oppression I am forced to endure due to organized religion. I have never seen an Atheist attempt to stop any religious person from practicing their faith, unless the said person is breaking the law, or invading the atheists rights.

--------------------

InvisibleDieCommie

#9468712 - 12/20/08 06:42 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

I have never seen an Atheist attempt to stop any religious person from practicing their faith,

Try a 20th century history book.

OfflineJCoke
dream observer
Male

Loc: maryland Flag
    #9468743 - 12/20/08 06:52 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Drakion said:

aliens are angels and demons.  :super:

--------------------
hello, your name is life on earth
------------------------------------

"I traveled a long way seeking God, but when I finally gave up and turned back, there He was, within me! O Lalli! Now why do you wander like a beggar? Make some effort, and He will grant you a vision of Himself in the form of bliss in your heart." -the saint of the Kashmir Shaivism tradition: Lalli.

OfflineDrakion
Wo kommst du?
Male

#9468747 - 12/20/08 06:53 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

DieCommie said:
Quote:

I have never seen an Atheist attempt to stop any religious person from practicing their faith,

Try a 20th century history book.

Try me.

I'm more than sure you are going to point to Stalin or some other crazy dictator as your evidence of "non belief" oppression. The simple fact of the matter is no matter what those people did, they did not do it in the name of Atheism. Spirituality had nothing to do with Stalin's quest for a perfect human. He was merely mad. The Romans then? Even while they persecuted Christians they were not Atheists, they were pagan up until Constantine I adopted Christianity. Nazis? Besides the fact that Hitler claimed many times to be Roman Catholic, even at their most extreme they were cultists, not Atheists.

While Atheism isn't exactly a new concept, people willing to accept it is.

Besides, I was referring American law, not world history.

Edited by Drakion (12/20/08 06:57 PM)

OfflineDrakion
Wo kommst du?
Male

Re: Negative Proof [Re: JCoke]
    #9468769 - 12/20/08 06:57 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

JCoke said:
Quote:

Drakion said:

aliens are angels and demons.  :super:

Fair enough, but why do angels and demons need rides?

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies