Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleJ3illy
Trainee

Re: Fruiting question [Re: dead]
    #9457792 - 12/18/08 06:25 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

I think you're asking the difference between psilocybin and psilocin.  Cubes have alot more psilocybin than psilocin, and when you eat them, all the psilocybin gets converted into psilocin.  When you dry your mushrooms, you lose like 20% of the psilocybin, but over 50% of the psilocin. 

They are the same molecule, but psilocybin has a Phosphorus group attached to it - and when you consume it, your liver strips it off turning it into psilocin.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinedead
grateful
Male User Gallery

Loc: North pole
Re: Fruiting question [Re: J3illy]
    #9457823 - 12/18/08 06:29 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

That was not what he was asking.

--------------------
"The third eye. You spend years doing everything you can to open it and then the damn thing opens and your friends laugh at you when you tell them you can see their souls behind their eyes burning like rainbows."

Links:
:regularshroom:Nibin's Guide for Noobs
:regularshroom:some easy teks on bulk & grain prep. (my journal)

OfflineKG75
Stranger
Male

#9457842 - 12/18/08 06:33 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

I have a different fruiting question if someone can help me out.  I'm only getting like one or two mushrooms on each of my cakes.  Well a couple produced a little more but most only one or two.  This is on the first and second flush.  Any ideas on why I'm not getting more mushrooms?  On the second flush they are bigger.  On almost all cakes I have removed at least one real nice fruit.  But one has not produced at all yet (all of them produced at least something on the first flush). 
Any ideas on this would be appreciated.

InvisibleJ3illy
Trainee

#9457881 - 12/18/08 06:41 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

dead said:
That was not what he was asking.

Regardless it's still good to know.  I just reread my post and didn't really mean to say "I think he was thinking".. It was more me pointing out an actual difference.

OfflineNewpala21
1st time farmer
 User Gallery

#9458308 - 12/18/08 07:45 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

J3illy said:
I think you're asking the difference between psilocybin and psilocin.  Cubes have alot more psilocybin than psilocin, and when you eat them, all the psilocybin gets converted into psilocin.  When you dry your mushrooms, you lose like 20% of the psilocybin, but over 50% of the psilocin. 

They are the same molecule, but psilocybin has a Phosphorus group attached to it - and when you consume it, your liver strips it off turning it into psilocin.

No, thats not what i was askin BUT, u got my attention. so what ur saying is that in order for ur fruits to b really potent they have to have a good amount of psilocin left in them in order to really enjoy them!? yes/no, thats how i took that.
now if they all have the same potency in them (depending on the genetics forsay) then how would u keep them from losing to much psilocybin when u dry them or theres nothing u can do about that. also does ur grow tek/method and procedures effect the potency in anyway and  is there anything that would cause them to lose potency before,during, and after the harvest. im drying mine by placing them on top of some paper on a ironing board with a small desk fan blowing on them till there crisp. is there another way that would help preserve the psilocybin
  only reason i ask is cause i nibbled on .5 on my first flush which wasnt much and it wasnt to bad, giggly like a school girl, mild visuals(tracers). then a couple days later my girl ate like a g of dry and then a freshy about 1 1/2hrs later and she didnt feel a damn thing xcept the slightest body buzz.So me wondering what the hell is up had to go and eat a g my self and ill b damned i didnt feel that much either, just a slight body buzz as well. now im confused as shit on why that is. wondering if my syringes  were bunk but i wanna doubt that cause i got them from one of our trusted vendors here.  So anybody got an idea on what could have caused that cause .5 to a g normally does the job good for me and her. we normally split 3.5 and regret it but then want it all over again..... sorry so long but im really confused  and need some exp ppl to help me wit this, dont wanna b wasting time wit bogus grows and thank u for taking time to read and help

--------------------

OfflineDamion5050
Mush Doctor
Male User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Translation ! Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Fruiting question [Re: Newpala21]
    #9458356 - 12/18/08 07:53 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

There is really nothing you can do to solve this problem unless you clone or isolate..  The potency is genetic..  If your using a MS syringe the genetics of your fruits are endless..

So you might get some that knock or socks off and some that are so so..  What you need to do is take a nice size fruit body.. One that matured at a decent pace and is of decent size and clone it to agar or an LC.. Then once that is done you eat it.. If you like the potency of it you keep the clone on agar or LC, and use that to make a grain master..

Then you use your grain master to make more grain jars.. And this is how you control the potency.. So now all those jars you just knocked up will reproduce the same piece of fruit body you put into it..

InvisibleJ3illy
Trainee

Re: Fruiting question [Re: Damion5050]
    #9458510 - 12/18/08 08:23 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

I noticed that the amount of food in your stomach can affect the potency that you perceive.  When I 1st tried my batch, I ate 20g fresh, and the way my shrooms are, that's like 2.5g dry, and you would think they'd be more potent fresh vs. dry.

But what happened was I ate the 20g fresh on a full stomach right after eating.  And a full hour went by and I wasn't feeling much.  I ended up getting some decent effects like 2-3 hrs after eating them.

Well, just 2 days later, I ate 2.5g dry - but after not having eaten for a few hrs.  I also broke them up really good before I ate them.  This time they felt SO much more potent.  I was feeling effects 15 mins w/ almost FULL effects at 30 mins.  It was a way better trip IMO.

OfflineNewpala21
1st time farmer
 User Gallery

#9458742 - 12/18/08 09:20 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

ya i read that about ur sugar level can effect the effects of the potency.    Well thanx for the info guys didnt know it was up to the genetics of the mushies themselves. well now its off to read about cloning, and agar, and lc and god damn....
  Some one told me once that being a farmer was easy, just get the soil right and plant the seeds then just watch ur babys grow nice and tall---BULLSHIT

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order