Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineCoaster
Baʿal
Male User Gallery

Loc: Deep in the Valley
Bill Orielly gets his ass handed to him by a beautiful blonde
    #9447988 - 12/17/08 12:55 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

The atheists were allowed to put up a sign right next to the jesus nativity scene. Then the person who allowed it said no more signs or scenes are allowed, but bill says she should have not allowed the aethist sign in the first place although that is viewpoint discrimination. bill is clearly wrong watch the hilarity ensue

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblejohnm214
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Americas
Re: Bill Orielly gets his ass handed to him by a beautiful blonde [Re: Coaster]
    #9448041 - 12/17/08 01:07 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Bill is way off.

Viewpoint discrimination is a problem. You don't have to allow signs, you just can't discriminate based on the message.

Bill doesn't even try to raise an argument.  Yes, it would be better if she allowed an open forum, but she never said she would.  The fist amendment doesn't require that that area become an open forum, it only requires no viewpoint discrimination.  (I can't believe I'm agreeing with coaster on the law).

Bill O'Rielly is usually better than this.  I hate these "war on chirstmas" type stories.  Fuck off.  No body wants to take christmas away from you or yoru store.  Just don't make me pay for it or allow exclusively religious viewpoints on public land.

Bill seems to think that if you have a viewpoint you have a right to public land to express it.  What a fool.  This is like the internet lawyers who say the first amendment protects their right to troll in shroomery forums.  She can have rational restrictions that are viewpoint neutral.  One such restriction is no signs at all from this moment forward.  Bill doesn't even attempt to show where the first amendment requires her to allow further signage, and I really hate these idiots that just cite "the law" and don't try to actually cite the language and show a particular result is required.  Its naked appeal to his erroneous perception- nothing more.

And kudos for the flyign spaghetti monster people.  I think this is really positive for the people of america that this result occured.  Truly a victory for free speach.

OfflineMHbound
Ballin Out At All Cost
Male

Loc: Under The Rainbow
Re: Bill Orielly gets his ass handed to him by a beautiful blonde [Re: johnm214]
    #9448076 - 12/17/08 01:20 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

I don't like him. It's his way or no way. I don't like that in the news. It makes for some good television, but it doesn't make it so for the people who watch it trying to make their own opinions.

--------------------

Invisiblejohnm214
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Bill Orielly gets his ass handed to him by a beautiful blonde [Re: MHbound]
    #9448095 - 12/17/08 01:24 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

He's not news.  Much of his criticism is unfounded.  He isn't news, and he doesn't pretend to be.

I just don't like how he picks and chooses silly arguments to represent the "other side".  But he does at least entertain opposing views- he just tries to find the most ridiculous arguments or ridiculous people to represent this "other side".

He always makes issues two sided.  He'll condense the range of thought into two opinions and ignore other valid opinions that are not represented by the retards he picks.

But the vitriol directed against him is pretty ridiculous.  He is one of the more honest folks in my opinion that does opinion/commentary shows, and at least he always gets the other side on, even if it is the most bizarre and idiotic rep. or viewpoint possible. (some might be due to who is willing to come on his show, too.  Sane people might not want to disrupt their daily lives to argue on national TV, so you get the idiots).

Offlinedubhuman
shit abyss
Female User Gallery

Loc: NY
Re: Bill Orielly gets his ass handed to him by a beautiful blonde [Re: johnm214]
    #9448149 - 12/17/08 01:48 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

FINALLY SOMEONE SHUT BILL O'RIELLYS TRIFLING, SHIT-SPEWING MOUTH!  holy SHIT i cannot stand him
glad she didn't let him shove his dick down her throat like he does to everyone else

lets celebrate :bluemoon:  :bluemoon:  :dancer:  :congrats:  :congrats:  :congrats:  :toast:  :rastana:  :rastana:  :rastana: :stonedjerk:

Invisibledemiu5
humans, lol
 User Gallery

Loc: the popcorn stadium Flag
    #9448296 - 12/17/08 02:48 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

i can't wait to watch this tomorrow

i've only seen bill's show a couple times, but i would love to strangle that man until his face turns blue

--------------------
channel your inner Larry David

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: Bill Orielly gets his ass handed to him by a beautiful blonde [Re: demiu5]
    #9448331 - 12/17/08 03:03 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

> i've only seen bill's show a couple times

You are a smart one.  His show isn't worth wasting your time watching.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

OfflineCoaster
Baʿal
Male User Gallery

Re: Bill Orielly gets his ass handed to him by a beautiful blonde [Re: Seuss]
    #9448340 - 12/17/08 03:07 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

ya but i cant stop watching its so entertaining
at least im not giving him ratings

--------------------

OfflineMHbound
Ballin Out At All Cost
Male

Loc: Under The Rainbow
    #9449118 - 12/17/08 09:40 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

He needs to be taken off the air. I understand that they are making money with him because several of the folks like him, but they need to rethink having him on the air...Jack Cafferty is the man though.

--------------------

Invisiblezorbman
blarrr
Male

#9450190 - 12/17/08 01:53 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

I would not be surprised if Bill secretly enjoys being owned by an attractive woman.  :dominatrix:

--------------------
“The crisis takes a much longer time coming than you think, and then it happens much faster than you would have thought.”  -- Rudiger Dornbusch

InvisibleMinstrel
Man of Science
Male User Gallery

Loc: Hogtown
    #9450203 - 12/17/08 01:57 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

You gotta hand it to the Pastafarians :thumbup:

And I agree with you, Johny, that the whole 'war on chrismas' thing is bullshit.  I see Billo pushing it as an excuse to vilify atheists and boost fundamentalism.  He makes it pretty clear he has a low opinion of atheists.

If atheism could be defined by Billo, it would be:

Atheist:  Someone who hates God.

(Agnostic:  Someone who isn't sure if they hate God.)

You're also right about him not being news.  He's a bag of emotional garbage.  He's there to get outraged over this and that.  Information need not be factual/necessary. 

--------------------

Edited by Minstrel (12/17/08 01:59 PM)

OfflineDarkCubensis
Stranger

Re: Bill Orielly gets his ass handed to him by a beautiful blonde [Re: Minstrel]
    #9457671 - 12/18/08 06:05 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

This is a win for atheists =P
Although, I believe that everyone should have the right to place their religious scenes, as long as none are discriminated.

--------------------
GetBakedOrDieTry said: i know for a fact that u can buy marijuana seeds online that aren't "live" yet... Does this apply to shroom seeds as well?
Wortiesbo said: lol shroom seeds? i bet you think cheerios are doughnut seeds...

OfflineCoaster
Baʿal
Male User Gallery

Re: Bill Orielly gets his ass handed to him by a beautiful blonde [Re: DarkCubensis]
    #9457700 - 12/18/08 06:10 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

ya but there would be like 30 of them

--------------------

OfflineSyle
Kenai Sigh
 User Gallery

Loc: WA
    #9459024 - 12/18/08 10:12 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

i don't get it. gregoire DID fuck up. she aloud one exception, and then didn't all others.

it seems pretty straight forward to me...?

--------------------
https://kenaisigh.bandcamp.com/ <- Just completed the 2021 RPM challenge for February - An EP in one month (5 songs or 20 minutes). Check it out!

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Bill Orielly gets his ass handed to him by a beautiful blonde [Re: Syle]
    #9459059 - 12/18/08 10:20 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Did you just entirely skip over John's post explaining why it is not viewpoint discrimination? She did not allow an exception, because there would have had to have been a moratorium on any further displays for it to be so. There was no restriction at the time, therefore it was not an exception.

If she had decided there would be no more displays allowed and then allowed the atheist one while denying any others, you would have a valid point. She did not do this, so you do not.

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: SF Bay Area Flag
Re: Bill Orielly gets his ass handed to him by a beautiful blonde [Re: Redstorm]
    #9460504 - 12/19/08 06:11 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

I am going to beat the fucking shit out of that guy someday with my bare hands.....

Does anybody on here actually like Bill O'Reilly?

Invisiblejohnm214
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Bill Orielly gets his ass handed to him by a beautiful blonde [Re: Poid]
    #9461380 - 12/19/08 10:17 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

I don't think we're among his target demographic.

Really though he is an ass, just not as bad as people give him credit for (he seems on par with other folks).

I just don't like his stupi drants.  He gets something in his head and bitches about it- facts notwithstanding.  War on christmas bullshit where he decides a company that says "happy holidays" is trying to supress christmas, while in the same breath he defends capitalism- insane.  Bill thinks the country is made up of chrisitan breeders.

Then he talks about "terrorists" at guantanamo which totally begs the question by his choice of words.

And on and on.  The above clip is a good example.  He decides the first amendment requires someone to let an unlimited number of expressive items on the capital floor.  (really he thinks the first amendment doesn't require any parity, he just wants to make the position look silly).  He then refuses to cite any law that endorses his view and just rants.  Stupid.

Rather than research whether first amendment law is inconsistant, he decides that anyone who announces they intend to comply with it must forever let people dump shit in the hallway.  No authority is cited, he just declares it.  Then when someone explains the very simple idea that the government need not endorse any message whatsoever but if they do they must not discriminate on the basis of that message, he changes the subject and says "but she said free speech" like a two year old.  His equivocated argument, however; fails to cite any authority that free speech requires no time limits for submissions or a lack of scrutiny.

Stupid.  He basically exposes how well the first amendment actually works by his idiocy.  Government doesn't have to let people express themselve in government halls by dumping displays everywhere, but if they do, they cannot discriminate on the basis of that message.  Simple and easy.  Bill is a buffoon.  (he seems similar, though perhaps less idiotic in his populist arguments, to olberman in many respects- what I've seen of olberman, even though I agree with olberman more often)

OfflineSyle
Kenai Sigh
 User Gallery

Loc: WA
Re: Bill Orielly gets his ass handed to him by a beautiful blonde [Re: Redstorm]
    #9463307 - 12/19/08 05:14 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Redstorm said:
Did you just entirely skip over John's post explaining why it is not viewpoint discrimination? She did not allow an exception, because there would have had to have been a moratorium on any further displays for it to be so. There was no restriction at the time, therefore it was not an exception.

If she had decided there would be no more displays allowed and then allowed the atheist one while denying any others, you would have a valid point. She did not do this, so you do not.

i understand it now. i still don't think it's right, as i think there are always exceptions to certain situations, and i think this is a situation that calls for exception.

--------------------
https://kenaisigh.bandcamp.com/ <- Just completed the 2021 RPM challenge for February - An EP in one month (5 songs or 20 minutes). Check it out!

InvisibleMinstrel
Man of Science
Male User Gallery

Re: Bill Orielly gets his ass handed to him by a beautiful blonde [Re: Syle]
    #9463507 - 12/19/08 05:49 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Syle said:
i still don't think it's right, as i think there are always exceptions to certain situations, and i think this is a situation that calls for exception.

So.....you are in agreement with Billo?  Please clarify.

--------------------

InvisibleMinstrel
Man of Science
Male User Gallery

Re: Bill Orielly gets his ass handed to him by a beautiful blonde [Re: Minstrel]
    #9464357 - 12/19/08 09:00 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Billo (and faux news in general) like to spin these type of cases as left-wing attacks on free speech. 

For your consideration: 

(Note:  the author of the video is the user LiberalViewer, a champion in the fight for fair use; he went up against Viacom, and won)

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates