Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Gourmet and Medicinal Mushrooms

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles, CBD Oils   North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amazon Portable Greenhouse

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineOZZ
K.I.S.S.
 User Gallery

Greenhouses for edibles ....
    #9456457 - 12/18/08 04:34 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Im wanting to get serious with some edibles ....

.... and Im wondering then .... its probably best to set up a greenhouse isnt it??

Ill be working with shiitake, Reishi, oyster, lions mane and probably several others (maitake?).

Im guessing the monotubs Ive used for my cubies wont be adequate since most edibles require more FAE ... but Im not sure??

Any suggestions on this Im curious if it would be pointless to try to use the tubs maybe with some perilite or if I should just bite the bullet and nab a greenhouse and a coolmist or ultra.

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineABC
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Greenhouses for edibles .... [Re: OZZ]
    #9457309 - 12/18/08 07:09 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I know that oysters will not work well in monotubs, because they are very CO2 intolerant. It would be good to make a straw log, or fill a garbage bag with straw and spawn, for oysters. I saw pictures of people hanging straw logs from the ceiling, but I believe that most people just lay the logs sideways, so the water doesn't all go to the bottom.

OfflinePitcherCrab
Crescent Fresh
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: The bottom of the sea.
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Greenhouses for edibles .... [Re: OZZ]
    #9457492 - 12/18/08 07:35 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

OZZ said:
Im guessing the monotubs Ive used for my cubies wont be adequate since most edibles require more FAE ... but Im not sure??

You are guessing right. It is definitely a good idea to have a greenhouse for edibles. You can use a shotgun for many species, including oysters but you will still need to fan to get enough FAE. If you cut enough holes in a greenhouse you won't need to worry about fanning. My best results have come from fruiting outdoors, oysters just don't seem to produce as well indoors. A buddy of mine had an outdoor greenhouse that he fruited in which required minimal supervision and produced beautiful flushes.

--------------------
PitcherCrab's LAGM 2021
Trade List

“I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.” - Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

OfflineBuckeye Oysters
From Zero to Hero
 User Gallery

Re: Greenhouses for edibles .... [Re: PitcherCrab]
    #9457765 - 12/18/08 08:20 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

These blue oysters were grown in my basement at 75% rh , 60f.  So they do great indoors if properly done.

--------------------
Evolution is Lamarckism in disguise.  Adaptation never creates a new species or trait, but rather the new species/trait always existed within the parent DNA until circumstances allowed it to be activated.  For instance, every wolf has the DNA for poodles, but that DNA would never be revealed without man selectively breeding for it.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles, CBD Oils   North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amazon Portable Greenhouse

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Gourmet and Medicinal Mushrooms