Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineHeretic
Male

Re: Trip Flicks
    #94521 - 08/02/00 06:55 AM (23 years, 7 months ago)

Meetings with Remarkable Men directed by Peter Brook about the life of G. I. Gurdjieff.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

#94519 - 08/02/00 10:04 AM (23 years, 7 months ago)

yah to anyone whos seen YELLOW SUBMARINE while peaking in their trip.. don't you literally feel enlightened after the glove just ashes itself away and turns into LOVE?
its wonderful..
also, whoever said LABRYNTH.. yah. nothing better than a giant maze, david bowie, and 849320 little muppets running around wreaking havoc to trip to :wink:

OfflineOverDOSEr
enthusiast
    #94520 - 08/02/00 10:39 AM (23 years, 7 months ago)

It's really not a movie, but some good shit that used to come on late late night like three am back in 93 or 94 was Weird tv. anybody remember that show? that show was made for trippers. I couldn't watch a whole episode on a couple hits. It was too...WEIRD. me and my buds used to get baked watch this show every saturday night then one day corporate america decided to pull the plug on it with no warning or explanation and alot of trippers were pissed. If anybody remembers em and digs em like I do I got good news. The tapes will be available to buy soon. check out weirdamerica.com for weird tv episodes or,weirdtv.com anyone who really likes to trip out and hasn't seen this show should most definitely check em out. one of the reviews buy a newspaper said "it's like 60 minutes on acid" great stuff for trippin!

[This message has been edited by OverDOSEr (edited August 02, 2000).]

InvisibleScratcher
Stranger

Loc: eH
    #94523 - 08/02/00 12:09 PM (23 years, 7 months ago)

Take some advice from an experienced stoner and go rent "Baraka". Smoke some weed or take a small dose of shrooms and this movie will put you in a trance for 90 minutes and make you really think about the world we live in. You have no idea how badly I wish that I was one of you that havn't seen it yet so that I could experience it for the first time again. GO RENT IT NOW!! Come back and tell me what you thought of it.

------------------
"Let's just say I'm not getting the respect a cop killer deserves."

Anonymous

#94525 - 08/04/00 03:35 AM (23 years, 7 months ago)

i own fantastic planet. it's a fuckin' awesome movie. does anyone in hear ever listen to the band failure? they have a cd called fantastic planet. the cover is like a scene from the movie, and they actually use a sound clip from the movie at the beginning of #14 - 'another space song'. you can probably find it on napster. it's a fuckin sweet song.

------------------
"the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist"

Anonymous

#94526 - 08/04/00 05:15 AM (23 years, 7 months ago)

Totally agreed on Baraka! It's very beautiful, so is Microcosmos but that's a bit more mind blowing. Fantastic Planet is really fun too, those Traags, what will they get up to next? Roger Rabbit is also messed up but kinda sad when those cartoon shoes get 'dipped'. If you ever see the show called "between the lions", it's for kids but I saw it trippin once and it was really messed up.

Anonymous

#94524 - 08/04/00 10:53 AM (23 years, 7 months ago)

I have seen Fantastic Planet!!

Anonymous

#94527 - 08/04/00 04:53 PM (23 years, 7 months ago)

Long live the Ohms. :wink:

It's good to hear some fellow shroomers have seen Fantastic planet.I just got it on dvd the other day (way cool)it has three extra short stories on it.Dude was on some good drugs when he made this one heh heh!!

Can anybody tell me what this movie "Baraka" is all about? Can always use a new trip flick to add to my collection.

peace

------------------
You weren't there,but I saw you anyway!! It mushed of been somthing I ate!!

[This message has been edited by capoocha (edited August 04, 2000).]

Anonymous

#94528 - 08/07/00 10:39 AM (23 years, 7 months ago)

Alice in Wonderland
Mallrats
Clerks
The wall
That one movie that VH1 made about the monkees....(Only when tripping)

I think that about covers it

Offlinevipvop
journeyman
    #94529 - 08/09/00 04:10 PM (23 years, 7 months ago)

I didn't like Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas while shrooming, it seemed to go on forever, and made no sense to me. Listening to johnny dep mumble for a couple hours was boring.

InvisibleXibalba
Stranger
    #94530 - 08/09/00 04:47 PM (23 years, 7 months ago)

You could try I married a strange person..

Great to watch stoned, but could be disturbing on 'shrooms. Bill Plympton is a very, very sick man.

Or any collection of Aeon Flux episodes. High speed eye candy, nonsensical until you watch it for about the third time and actually get what really happened, and think... woah.

OfflineKrupa
veteran
    #94531 - 08/13/00 04:17 AM (23 years, 7 months ago)

Tron, baby! :smile:

Anonymous

#94532 - 08/13/00 11:56 AM (23 years, 7 months ago)

I have to suggest any science fiction, but specifically any of the Star Wars films. Even if you don't like them normally, you have to watch those whiel tripping.

------------------
forty six and two
are just ahead of me
- maynard james keenan

Anonymous

#94533 - 08/13/00 12:20 PM (23 years, 7 months ago)

Of course, everyone knows that Natural Born Killers is a cool tripping flick...or anything by Oliver Stone for that matter..

Anything by Stanley Kubrick (Full Metal Jacket, Space Oddessy 2001, Clockwork Orange)

Fantasia is cool....

That movie with those Giant Rabbits....and thoat one with those killer birds...(watched those the other night)

Offlinedoctor uggs
old hand
    #94534 - 08/16/00 03:57 PM (23 years, 7 months ago)

by far....

BY FAR

the best trip movie ever....

a flick called "ZARDOZ"....it stars sean connery, back in the 60's or early 70's before that guy got all grey and fat. you HAVE to see this flick....i command you. no, really i do.

your pal,
vinny delpino

--------------------

Anonymous

#94535 - 08/18/00 06:14 PM (23 years, 7 months ago)

Wow !!! Some awesome stuff listed in here, great stuff !!skip this if cartoons aren't your bag........

Fritz the Cat comes to mind as really vibrant, created from the mind of R. Crumb, and executed by Ralph Bakshi, i think he did Wizards too, although i'm probably el wrongo on that..you guys and girls may have seen the preview for American Pop , another Ralph Bakshi effort.

Fantastic Planet i have seen and do remember from the 80's on Night Flight. It played on Friday nights i think and aired on the USA network, they always used to play parts of it. Really deep but enlightening nonetheless.

Does anyone think that Watership Downs and/or the Secret of NIMH are too dark for a trip??

Does anyone have anything to say about the animated Lord of the Rings through kaleidoscope eyes????????

til then,adieu

ps i think Cool World is garbage, whhadya think???

Anonymous

#94536 - 08/18/00 07:45 PM (23 years, 7 months ago)

I really enjoyed Watership Down the novel and me and a buddy thought it would be sweet to check out the flick but the movie's not not nearly as good as the book (still pretty cool) but I found it a bit dark, well not dark but something and although it was trippy, I didn't like it trippin'

------------------
When I was a kid my mother told me not to stare at the sun. So once when I was six.... I did.

Anonymous

#94538 - 08/19/00 08:37 AM (23 years, 7 months ago)

what's that movie with the midget dude who goes off to save that baby from this army, that's a good movie while tripping

Offline13 Black Rainbows
    #94537 - 08/19/00 10:52 AM (23 years, 7 months ago)

I love Fantastic Planet! I bought that movie without ever seeing it. I could tell from the box that it would rule. Tim Burton movies are great....... The movie Orlando is fucked up.....

Offlinedoctor uggs
old hand
    #94539 - 08/19/00 04:45 PM (23 years, 7 months ago)

you mean willow?

midgets are ALWAYS fun while tripping....

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder