Home | Community | Message Board

Myco Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Paul Stamets

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineAzWeThinkWeIz420
just an illusion

Loc: nor-cal
a few questions
    #945109 - 10/09/02 10:50 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

ok, i plan on starting to grow my first batch of shrooms within the next few weeks. i was wondering what a good strain would be to start growing with for a beginner. and also, people have told me that mushrooms smell bad when they are growing is this true?i have to be kinda descreet about growing them and would not want an unpleasant smell to have to be an issue to worry about. any help would be much appreciated.

thanks

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibletripndicular
My Minds Eye IsRhizomorphic

Loc: Bowels of HELL
Re: a few questions [Re: AzWeThinkWeIz420]
    #945119 - 10/09/02 10:56 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Smells like fresh earth or mushroomy .
Srtain seems to be a preferance thing , but most suggest EQ or Thai strains .
Read all you can find ...............FAQS , erowid.com , The Mushroom Cultivator is a very wise investment . Then read again ..............
Good Luck
May the mushroom Goddess bless all your endeavors !

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .
So with that said here is our mission statement .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

Invisibleblazenaz
Extremist

Loc: Surrounded by an electrom...
    #945123 - 10/09/02 10:57 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Ecuador, B+ might be a decent choice but you will get many different answers on this one.  :grin:

--------------------
Blaze

OfflineAzWeThinkWeIz420
just an illusion

Re: a few questions [Re: tripndicular]
    #945125 - 10/09/02 10:58 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

ive beem researching for months now, so hopefully all this knowledge will prove usefull. is that earthy mushroom smell anything like thier earthy mushroom taste??

Invisibletripndicular
My Minds Eye IsRhizomorphic

Loc: Bowels of HELL
    #945135 - 10/09/02 11:05 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Go to grocery store , got to veggie area , look to see if produce clerk just filled the bin of mushies .........if full , take deep wifff...........now mix this smell with odor at a large nursery close to all the soils and compost (not chemical area)...........that is the smell you will have .........well damn near the smell .
If you live at home with parents ......you should reconsider growing at all , but that is my opinon !
Good Luck !

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .
So with that said here is our mission statement .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

OfflineAzWeThinkWeIz420
just an illusion

Re: a few questions [Re: tripndicular]
    #945144 - 10/09/02 11:09 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

im not to worried about a smell in general, just a bad smell, that doesnt sound too bad so i should be all good. thanks for the info

OfflineDocPsilocybin
enthusiast

#945349 - 10/09/02 12:22 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I've never noticed any smell to speak of. The most I can recall is when I used to have a poo tray going, and that smelled slightly earthy when I took a wiff upclose. Never smelled it if I was just in the same room though.

--------------------
You can't hold a man down without staying down with him.
-- Booker T. Washington

Invisiblemickey_rourke
Illegal Smile
Loc: Playa del Carmen
    #945364 - 10/09/02 12:29 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

You don't have to worry about any pungent odors unless you're suffering from contamination that you have ignored and allowed to proliferate. At most, during the height of fruiting, you might smell a slight mushroom smell, but you have to be almost directly on the fruit to notice it.

Also, I do not recommend growing if you live under someone else's roof and they are not comfortable with it.

Peace

--------------------
"I tried to put it all behind me, but my redneck past is nipping at my heels.." -- Ben Folds Five

Offlineaeonblue
OrganicSpiral

Loc: northeast us
Re: a few questions [Re: mickey_rourke]
    #945430 - 10/09/02 12:49 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I would suggest using the PF sprores from fanaticus.  They are very, repeat very, forgiving.  And as for a smell, not much of anything to worry about.  Unless you are gonna grow a whole houseful........................ :smile:

--------------------
The trouble with our times is that the future is not what it used to be.

Paul Valery

www.dailygrail.com

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Paul Stamets

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation