Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineTheylikethatshit
AKA Sno0py
Male User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: CNN Money : Sony Playstation 3 A "Sinking Ship" [Re: Jack Albertson]
    #9446558 - 12/16/08 09:29 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

yes, and I believe you could run in games before killzone. and even if killzone was the first, its not like another developer wouldn't thought of it by now

--------------------
REST IN PEACE pirateseatsouls

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinekloomie
Mushroom Guru
Male User Gallery

Re: CNN Money : Sony Playstation 3 A "Sinking Ship" [Re: Redstorm]
    #9447253 - 12/16/08 10:50 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

you 360 fans are hilarious, so die hard for absolutely no reason at all. the FACTS are that ps3 is a better made machine, blu-ray pwned haddvd, the online for both systems is the same yet one is more expensive. You get what you pay for.

Once again, I want a console for GAMES not movies.....

Quote:

just straight up purchase price, ps3 is more expensive, but it's also wiser investment. In the long run, the money that you'll spend on online play, and system replacements couldve purchased many ps3's.

Online pay is cheap, ANYONE with a job can easily afford it, plus all the benifets of it are totally worth it. Also you don't pay for replacements and they actually give you free XBL time when you send it in, all at no charge.

Quote:

Without a doubt the PS3 is a better machine...It's just that a better machine. It NOT a better game console in the slightest bit. All of it's console exclusives suck major ass (except MGS4 which was the weakest entry in the series IMO) and I mean that! This is coming out of a PS3 owners mouth.

Thankyou...

--------------------
"Mushrooms hold the master key to your mind, any door to anywhere can be unlocked."
~Myslef~

OfflineTheylikethatshit
AKA Sno0py
Male User Gallery

Re: CNN Money : Sony Playstation 3 A "Sinking Ship" [Re: ronjohn7779]
    #9447337 - 12/16/08 11:01 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

ronjohn7779 said:
Without a doubt the PS3 is a better machine...It's just that a better machine. It NOT a better game console in the slightest bit. All of it's console exclusives suck major ass (except MGS4 which was the weakest entry in the series IMO) and I mean that! This is coming out of a PS3 owners mouth.

It's seriously my favorite highdef multimedia machine. Seriously if you have an HD set up you should own a PS3 too, it's that good for movies, video, and music. Nothing in my opinion can touch the PS3 in terms of it's value as a HD multimedia machine. But if you're judging it as a gaming console then it really can't compare in any shape or form to the 360. The amount of AAA titles on the 360 is just nuts. Also it as a way better online community than the PS3. Way more gamers are online even at weird ass hours of the day. Try playing little big planet at certain times of night... I'll give you credit where credit is due. It's pretty lame that a company as rich as microsoft is charging for internet gaming. Thats something people should get free...

Also the wii as sad as it may sound has way more innovative games, way more fun games, and way more AAA titles than the PS3...theirs a reason why the 360 and the wii sell like hot cakes and the PS3 just sits on shelves....these are just my opinons and I'm not flaming you in the slightest bit. I'd say I'm one of the least bias people on the subject I own a PS3, a 360, and a Wii. I'm just throwing out my  :2cents:

:congrats:

--------------------

OfflineSneezingPenis
ACHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111!
 User Gallery
Re: CNN Money : Sony Playstation 3 A "Sinking Ship" [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #9447434 - 12/16/08 11:16 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

list of 2009 ps3 exclusives:

Infamous
Killzone 2
God of War 3
Ratchet and Clank
The agency (also on PC)
Gran Turismo 5 (see here)
Yakuza 3
Trico
Uncharted 2
Jak 4
Heavy Rain
White Knight Chronicles
Final Fantasy XIII Versus
Demon’s Soul
MAG
Wardevil
Twisted Metal

also, here is IGn's list of the top 100 games of all time....

http://top100.ign.com/2005/091-100.html

xbox has one exclusive on there, and playstation has about 20 exclusives on there.
granted the SNES blows every console out the water on that list... but my point is that Sony has a history of backing better games.

...and the 360 controllers are completely gay.

Invisiblejewunit
Brutal!
Male User Gallery
Loc: Ohio Flag
Re: CNN Money : Sony Playstation 3 A "Sinking Ship" [Re: Theylikethatshit]
    #9447581 - 12/16/08 11:40 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Theylikethatshit said:
yes, and I believe you could run in games before killzone. and even if killzone was the first, its not like another developer wouldn't thought of it by now

Yeah and if the Beatles never came to be someone else would have thought up their chord progressions.
What a terrible argument.

--------------------
!

OfflineTheylikethatshit
AKA Sno0py
Male User Gallery

Re: CNN Money : Sony Playstation 3 A "Sinking Ship" [Re: SneezingPenis]
    #9447696 - 12/16/08 11:55 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Ive never even heard of most the games on that list lol

and bringing up the controller thing again is stupid,
If I think computer keyboards are completely gay, does that mean the computer itself sucks balls?

Edited by Theylikethatshit (12/16/08 11:56 PM)

Invisiblejewunit
Brutal!
Male User Gallery
    #9447719 - 12/16/08 11:59 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Thanks the second list you've referenced not hearing about most games that God of War has been on.
I'm not one to finish games, or play many games at all, but God of War is fucking amazing.

I could care less about PS3 vs. XBox, but if you continually are unaware of popular and amazing games then you clearly do not belong in this argument.

Also: Bringing up the controller is just as "dumb" as bringing up something else about the console. This is an argument about why one system is better than the others after all. I mean, do the games that are available on each system have anything to do with the ACTUAL system? No, but XBox users will use that as an argument in a heart beat.

--------------------
!

OfflineTheylikethatshit
AKA Sno0py
Male User Gallery

Re: CNN Money : Sony Playstation 3 A "Sinking Ship" [Re: jewunit]
    #9447753 - 12/17/08 12:06 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

jewunit said:
Thanks the second list you've referenced not hearing about most games that God of War has been on.
I'm not one to finish games, or play many games at all, but God of War is fucking amazing.

I could care less about PS3 vs. XBox, but if you continually are unaware of popular and amazing games then you clearly do not belong in this argument.

I said MOST,
the only reason I know of god of war is from the commercials when it was first comming out, other than that I havent heard any good reviews on it.
Face it, ps3's online community is not as well known, nor does it compare to XBL at all. So why would I care about knowing they're lame exclusive's when I get better performance and gameplay already?:box:

and If you can care less why the fuck are you in here :whatever::dumbblonde:
should'nt you be off spinning the dradle right now?

Edited by Theylikethatshit (12/17/08 12:08 AM)

Invisiblejewunit
Brutal!
Male User Gallery
    #9447778 - 12/17/08 12:11 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

You've obviously never heard ANY reviews on it.
You're talking yourself out of any credibility.

I enjoy both consoles equally (XBox a little more since I have easier access to one.)
If someone said "Pick one or die" I'd flip a fucking coin. Like I said earlier they both play video games. XBox has more of my friends online, PS3 does Bluray. Does it really fucking matter? Not to me.
I still enjoy hearing people blather on about it.
I don't enjoy people blathering on about it if they're gonna be stupid while doing so.

--------------------
!

OfflineTheylikethatshit
AKA Sno0py
Male User Gallery

#9447798 - 12/17/08 12:15 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Yeah and if the Beatles never came to be someone else would have thought up their chord progressions.
What a terrible argument.

:dumbblonde:
:jew:

--------------------

Edited by Theylikethatshit (12/17/08 12:17 AM)

Invisiblejewunit
Brutal!
Male User Gallery
    #9447820 - 12/17/08 12:21 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Alright, there's one XBox lover who obviously doesn't have a good argument.

Anyone else gonna be a fool, or can I hear some valid points about the PS3 vs. XBox debate for once?

--------------------
!

OfflineTheylikethatshit
AKA Sno0py
Male User Gallery

#9447843 - 12/17/08 12:25 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

I could care less about PS3 vs. XBox

Quote:

or can I hear some valid points about the PS3 vs. XBox debate for once?

So now your suddenly interested?

:ilold:

Obviously you cant see over your nose,
because Ive already said everything ive had to say, im just waiting for you to stfu :shrug:

--------------------

Invisiblejewunit
Brutal!
Male User Gallery
    #9447845 - 12/17/08 12:25 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

I just wanted to say this before the inevitable bad rating.

Some people take this shit way too serious.
They're video games folks.

--------------------
!

OfflineSneezingPenis
ACHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111!
 User Gallery
    #9448008 - 12/17/08 01:00 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Theylikethatshit said:
Quote:

jewunit said:

I said MOST,
the only reason I know of god of war is from the commercials when it was first comming out, other than that I havent heard any good reviews on it.
Face it, ps3's online community is not as well known, nor does it compare to XBL at all. So why would I care about knowing they're lame exclusive's when I get better performance and gameplay already?:box:

why do you keep going on about the XBL community? there really isnt anything on there that the PS3 doesnt have. you also need to keep in mind that there were 30k+ users playing cod5 at 4am central time like 3 days after the long awaited and much anticipated Home came out.
which by the way kind of makes the PS3 online community a lot better than whatever features the 360 has.

the ps3 has so many avenues to expand to and the 360 is spent.... iow obsolete.

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #9448687 - 12/17/08 06:46 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

I'm not quite sure how you can argue that the 360 is spent or obsolete. I can understand how you might think the PS3 is better, but you can't possibly have anything to back that up.

InvisibleJack Albertson
bismillah rahmani rahim
Male User Gallery

Loc: SOLARIS
    #9448999 - 12/17/08 08:55 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Theylikethatshit said:
Quote:

jewunit said:

I said MOST,

How can you be debating this and youve never heard of half the games mentioned? im gonna go out on a limb and say ive probably been playing video games longer than youve been breathing.

--------------------
Man is timid and apologetic; he is no longer upright; he dares not say "I think," "I am," but quotes some saint or sage. He is ashamed before the blade of grass or the blowing rose.Man postpones or remembers; he does not live in the present, but with reverted eye laments the past, or, heedless of the riches that surround him, stands on tiptoe to foresee the future. He cannot be happy and strong until he too lives with nature in the present, above time
TRANSCEND

OfflineSneezingPenis
ACHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111!
 User Gallery
Re: CNN Money : Sony Playstation 3 A "Sinking Ship" [Re: Redstorm]
    #9451494 - 12/17/08 06:16 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Redstorm said:
Quote:

I'm not quite sure how you can argue that the 360 is spent or obsolete. I can understand how you might think the PS3 is better, but you can't possibly have anything to back that up.

here is one of my reasons for backing the PS3 other than that I like it better than the 360....

by raymond Kurzweil:
Quote:

*  "1. During the precursor stage, the prerequisites of a technology exist, and dreamers may contemplate these elements coming together. We do not, however, regard dreaming to be the same as inventing, even if the dreams are written down. Leonardo da Vinci drew convincing pictures of airplanes and automobiles, but he is not considered to have invented either.
    * "2. The next stage, one highly celebrated in culture, is invention, a very brief stage, similar in some respects to the process of birth after an extended period of labor. Here the inventor blends curiosity, scientific skills, determination, and usually a measure of showmanship to combine methods in a new way and brings a new technology to life.
    * "3. The next stage is development, during which the invention is protected and supported by doting guardians (who may include the original inventer). Often this stage is more crucial than invention and may involve additional creation that can have greater signifigance than the invention itself. Many tinkerers had constructed finely hand-tuned horseless carriages, but it was Henry Ford's innovation of Mass Production that enabled the automobile to take root and flourish.
    * "4. The fourth stage is maturity. Although continuing to evolve, the technology now has a life of it's own and has become an established part of the community. It may become so interwoven in the fabric of life that it appears to many observers that it will last forever. This creates an interesting drama when the next stage arrives, which I call the stage of the false pretenders.
    * "5. Here an upstart threatens to eclipse the older technology. It's enthusiasts prematurely predict victory. While providing some distinct benefits, the newer technology is found on reflection to be lacking some key element of functionality or quality. When it indeed fails to dislodge the established order, the technology conservatives take this as evidence that the original approach will indeed live forever.
    * "6. This is usually a short-lived victory for the aging technology. Shortly thereafter, another new technology typically does succeed in rendering the original technology to the stage of obsolesence. In this part of the lifecycle, the technology lives out its senios years in gradual decline, its original purpose and functionality now subsumed by a more spry competitor.
    * 7. In this stage, which may comprise 5 to 10 percent of a technology's life cycle, it finally yeilds to antiquity (as did the horse and buggy, the harpsichord, the vinyl record, and the manual typewriter)."

now if we apply this to gaming consoles....

step 1 = Pong
step 2 = intelevision
step 3 = NES
step 4 = SNES
step 5 = Jaguar, 3D0, saturn
step 6 = PS, nintendo64
step 7 = nes/snes are quite obsolete.

this can even be applied within subsets of the console generations, by making the wii the false pretender, we are left with the 360 and ps3, and with no new generation on the horizon, the ps3 will flourish as it continues to grow and used with its full potential. Wii will not come out with another console for a while because sales are so remarkable right now and microsoft is at the same ceiling as computers today: doubling up on processing power rather than continuing with moore's law (which kurzweil predicted would break down almost to the month).
now I know this is a long way around, but the ps3 is the only company with its cell technology, which is merely an infant right now while the rest of the industry is stuck trying to find some cost effective ways around moore's ceiling.

by using raymond kurzweils law of accelerating returns, which states...

Quote:

An analysis of the history of technology shows that technological change is exponential, contrary to the common-sense 'intuitive linear' view. So we won't experience 100 years of progress in the 21st century—it will be more like 20,000 years of progress (at today's rate). The 'returns,' such as chip speed and cost-effectiveness, also increase exponentially. There's even exponential growth in the rate of exponential growth. Within a few decades, machine intelligence will surpass human intelligence, leading to the Singularity—technological change so rapid and profound it represents a rupture in the fabric of human history. The implications include the merger of biological and nonbiological intelligence, immortal software-based humans, and ultra-high levels of intelligence that expand outward in the universe at the speed of light.

kurzweil calls 2013 as the year when a computer will mimic the processing powers of a human brain and places the world right now at the knee of the exponential curve.
like he said, exponential growth grows exponentially in terms of technological progress.
The ps4 is slated to start being developed in 2010 and Sony really has something with this cell technology... I doubt that they would have spent so much money on it if they werent planning on developing it further.
lets say that wii was planning on releasing the wii 2 and microsoft the 720... sony can just double the cell processor with ease and come out with the ps3.1 or some shit like that and one thing that moores law will always be correct about is the constant fall of price per computation: meaning that the cost of the cell processor has been and will continue to fall.

but it is just as likely that I am too biased with my ps3 and in the long run, the cell processor could be the false pretender, but im willing to bet that sony has a huge headstart, a springboard, with the cell technology and eventually microsoft will bow out.
I think nintendo will continue to compete through innovation rather than trying to compete with global processing firms like IBM and microsoft, breaking the gaming world into two distinct categories: self immersion and hyper powered mmo story/action based games.
microsoft will continue to release games on the PC, because it is still the most wide selling avenue for games, but after their next console, they will get out of the game like sega did after the dreamcast.

so, that is my reasoning for backing sony in all this, combined with the fact that it still fully competes with the 360 right now. with its history of backwards compatibility it will continue to expand it client base and its technology. You can also use the 7 steps of technological evolution on the media that is used.
it is obvious that the laser disc was the false pretender, the cd stayed around, and blu ray will soon take its place... there is no other option on the horizon. even when blu ray becomes obsolete, im willing to bet that sony will maintain it in their consoles just for backwards compatibility, so that when you have the ps5 or 6 you can still play ps1 games (even though by then most of the greats will have been remade)

so that is my thesis on the whole thing. before I bought my ps3 I was deep into kurzweil (you can actually check it through my P&S posts). so like always in my life, I have set myself up to be wither extremely correct, or extremely wrong.

OfflineSneezingPenis
ACHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111!
 User Gallery
    #9451553 - 12/17/08 06:27 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

oh yeah, one more thing. sony embraces the fact that gaming and porn are the two major sectors driving technology... which is why blu-ray won out - porn.

sony is a better company by far. microsoft cant even decide if it wants to use the 100 million dollar ads with jerry seinfeld while apple slowly chips away at it.

Offlineronjohn7779
Stranger

#9451848 - 12/17/08 07:21 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

YawningAnus said:

xbox has one exclusive on there, and playstation has about 20 exclusives on there.
granted the SNES blows every console out the water on that list... but my point is that Sony has a history of backing better games.

Infamous (I'll give you that this game looks interesting, but who knows how it will turn out)
Killzone 2 (the first one sucked balls why would I want to play a second one)
God of War 3 (The first two rock, and I would totally play this)
Ratchet and Clank (Mario Galaxy was better than the last one, this series is a lame action platformer IMO)
The agency (also on PC) (ehh not my style and it's also available on the PC so I wouldn't call it a system seller)
Gran Turismo 5 (see here) (I've been playing this same game for the better part of a decade...it just looks better and most likely has better physics)
Yakuza 3 (the first two sucked so why would I want to play that again).
Trico (never heard of it)
Uncharted 2 (Probablly going to be alright like the first one).
Jak 4 (I hate this series...once gain mario is a way better platformer)
Heavy Rain (never heard of it and if I haven't heard of it imagine who else hasn't)
White Knight Chronicles (imagine this another lame JRPG)
Final Fantasy XIII Versus (might be good, but square RPGs are kind of lame now)
Demon’s Soul (never heard of it)
MAG (?)
Wardevil (?)
Twisted Metal (might be good but it's certainly not a system seller, TMB was okay).
Sorry half those games I bet no one except PS3 die hards have ever heard of or the general public could careless about. FF VS XII and GOW are the only real system sellers on that list.

You're right the playstation did have 20 exclusives on that list...it was just that the Playstation and PS2 NOT the Playstation 3! Too bad new playstation 3 owner can't play those games. It's really not a system selling feature since backwards compatibility was removed. You're also talking about he playstation's games not the PS3's on that list. Also that list is from 2005...a lot has changed in 3 years (almost 4 now). You're also right Sony did in deed have a history of getting good games...too bad history has changed!

--------------------
"Lennox Lewis, I'm coming for you man. My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah!" An American Hero Iron Mike!

InvisibleJack Albertson
bismillah rahmani rahim
Male User Gallery

Loc: SOLARIS
Re: CNN Money : Sony Playstation 3 A "Sinking Ship" [Re: ronjohn7779]
    #9452096 - 12/17/08 08:01 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

ronjohn7779 said:
Quote:

YawningAnus said:

Infamous (I'll give you that this game looks interesting, but who knows how it will turn out)
Killzone 2 (the first one sucked balls why would I want to play a second one)
God of War 3 (The first two rock, and I would totally play this)
Ratchet and Clank (Mario Galaxy was better than the last one, this series is a lame action platformer IMO)
The agency (also on PC) (ehh not my style and it's also available on the PC so I wouldn't call it a system seller)
Gran Turismo 5 (see here) (I've been playing this same game for the better part of a decade...it just looks better and most likely has better physics)
Yakuza 3 (the first two sucked so why would I want to play that again).
Trico (never heard of it)
Uncharted 2 (Probablly going to be alright like the first one).
Jak 4 (I hate this series...once gain mario is a way better platformer)
Heavy Rain (never heard of it and if I haven't heard of it imagine who else hasn't)
White Knight Chronicles (imagine this another lame JRPG)
Final Fantasy XIII Versus (might be good, but square RPGs are kind of lame now)
Demon’s Soul (never heard of it)
MAG (?)
Wardevil (?)
Twisted Metal (might be good but it's certainly not a system seller, TMB was okay).
Sorry half those games I bet no one except PS3 die hards have ever heard of or the general public could careless about. FF VS XII and GOW are the only real system sellers on that list.

You're right the playstation did have 20 exclusives on that list...it was just that the Playstation and PS2 NOT the Playstation 3! Too bad new playstation 3 owner can't play those games. It's really not a system selling feature since backwards compatibility was removed. You're also talking about he playstation's games not the PS3's on that list. Also that list is from 2005...a lot has changed in 3 years (almost 4 now). You're also right Sony did in deed have a history of getting good games...too bad history has changed!

i have backwards compatibility.

--------------------
Man is timid and apologetic; he is no longer upright; he dares not say "I think," "I am," but quotes some saint or sage. He is ashamed before the blade of grass or the blowing rose.Man postpones or remembers; he does not live in the present, but with reverted eye laments the past, or, heedless of the riches that surround him, stands on tiptoe to foresee the future. He cannot be happy and strong until he too lives with nature in the present, above time
TRANSCEND

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder