Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinehighoman
Stranger

some caps that split
    #944758 - 10/09/02 08:12 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

ive read a little on cap splitting. is this a sign that something could be not perfect conditions. or is it more of just a strain or substrate. got some pesa, same terr. 1 casing is cakes and the other spawned horse poo. the poo casing, the caps split. the cake casing sitting right beside it does not. the split caps are of couse bigger being from the poo. is there a problem somewhere, or do pesa just split when they are bigger. or is there a moisture content prob to begin with in the poo? i guess if thats just how they are thats fine. just some wierd looking prints!!

--------------------
FREEDOM IS NORML

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleSixTango
Mycota

Loc: A little North of Paradis...
Re: some caps that split [Re: highoman]
    #944854 - 10/09/02 08:53 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

IMHO, split caps often result from rapid changes in RH, sometimes low humidity, other times misting & drying out -- to fast & lastly, expose to sunlight. At least that has been the raccoons experiance. 6T :tongue:

--------------------
~whiskey river rafting, hot tubbing, dirty dancing & spending money on - wild women - having fun & just gonna waste the rest~

Offlinebabyshroom
addict
Loc: Florida
Re: some caps that split [Re: SixTango]
    #945047 - 10/09/02 10:25 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

"split caps often result from rapid changes"
I just had some split caps yesterday. I harvested a nice flush of Maz, but in the middle of the box was a lovely little cluster of shroomies that WANTED to grow. I could feel it. So I harvested the whole box, cleaned aborts, recased nicely (all the while working carefully around my prized cluster), misted the new casing and went to work. Came home to a slightly larger cluster of shroomies, none completely mature (caps intact), with every cap cracking.

--------------------
I don't really know anyone who grows mushrooms. I just come here for fun.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation