Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlineronjohn7779
Stranger

Re: CNN Money : Sony Playstation 3 A "Sinking Ship" [Re: Jack Albertson]
    #9446011 - 12/16/08 08:02 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Jack Albertson said:
Quote:

ronjohn7779 said:
Quote:

Jack Albertson said:
you 360 fans are hilarious, so die hard for absolutely no reason at all. the FACTS are that ps3 is a better made machine, blu-ray pwned haddvd, the online for both systems is the same yet one is more expensive. You get what you pay for.

Without a doubt the PS3 is a better machine...It's just that a better machine. It NOT a better game console in the slightest bit. All of it's console exclusives suck major ass (except MGS4 which was the weakest entry in the series IMO) and I mean that! This is coming out of a PS3 owners mouth.

It's seriously my favorite highdef multimedia machine. Seriously if you have an HD set up you should own a PS3 too, it's that good for movies, video, and music. Nothing in my opinion can touch the PS3 in terms of it's value as a HD multimedia machine. But if you're judging it as a gaming console then it really can't compare in any shape or form to the 360. The amount of AAA titles on the 360 is just nuts. Also it as a way better online community than the PS3. Way more gamers are online even at weird ass hours of the day. Try playing little big planet at certain times of night... I'll give you credit where credit is due. It's pretty lame that a company as rich as microsoft is charging for internet gaming. Thats something people should get free...

Also the wii as sad as it may sound has way more innovative games, way more fun games, and way more AAA titles than the PS3...theirs a reason why the 360 and the wii sell like hot cakes and the PS3 just sits on shelves....these are just my opinions and I'm not flaming you in the slightest bit. I'd say I'm one of the least bias people on the subject I own a PS3, a 360, and a Wii. I'm just throwing out my  :2cents:

thank you for sharing your opinion, but I'd like some facts as to why 360 is better. It just so happens that my opinions coincides with the reality of the situation.

I thought my whole bit about it not having any good exclusive games was my reasoning.  That's the whole REALITY OF THE SITUATION!

--------------------
"Lennox Lewis, I'm coming for you man. My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah!" An American Hero Iron Mike!

Edited by ronjohn7779 (12/16/08 08:02 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleJack Albertson
bismillah rahmani rahim
Male User Gallery

Loc: SOLARIS
Re: CNN Money : Sony Playstation 3 A "Sinking Ship" [Re: ronjohn7779]
    #9446059 - 12/16/08 08:11 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

again that's opinion. xbox owners have always said that have better games. It depends on the type of games you like to play. If you really want to get into it, let's take a look back from ps1 to ps3 and from xbox to xbox360 and see who has the better games.

--------------------
Man is timid and apologetic; he is no longer upright; he dares not say "I think," "I am," but quotes some saint or sage. He is ashamed before the blade of grass or the blowing rose.Man postpones or remembers; he does not live in the present, but with reverted eye laments the past, or, heedless of the riches that surround him, stands on tiptoe to foresee the future. He cannot be happy and strong until he too lives with nature in the present, above time
TRANSCEND

OfflineToTheSummit
peregrinus
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Las Vegas
Re: CNN Money : Sony Playstation 3 A "Sinking Ship" [Re: Redstorm]
    #9446104 - 12/16/08 08:17 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Redstorm said:
Game selection

I hear that argument all the time and it never makes sense to me.  Just curious, what games is it that us PS3 users are missing out on that are so important?  I read through this list and really I don't see anything there I couldn't live without.  The HALO series has always got good reviews, but how many shooters do you really need?  Hell, I think I've already got at least 5 different shooters for my PS3.  And other then HALO I don't see anything I really care about.  And I've said before, buying a system for 1 or 2 games is just moronic.

But if we wanna play that game I can easily name a few PS3 exclusives that are pretty decent also.

--------------------
You invented the wheel....You push the motherfucker!!

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #9446107 - 12/16/08 08:17 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

We're not talking about the past consoles, we're talking about the current ones.

What games does PS# have exclusively that are outstanding? The only ones I can think of is Resistance and MGS.

OfflineToTheSummit
peregrinus
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #9446117 - 12/16/08 08:19 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Redstorm said:
What games does PS# have exclusively that are outstanding? The only ones I can think of is Resistance and MGS.

So what would wow me in the Xbox collection?  I'm not trying to be a wiseass, I really don't know what I'm missing.

EDIT- Oh, and past-console games are a big factor to me.  My PS3 is backwards compatible and I still play as many PS and PS2 games as I do PS3.

--------------------

InvisibleJack Albertson
bismillah rahmani rahim
Male User Gallery

#9446164 - 12/16/08 08:28 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Redstorm said:
We're not talking about the past consoles, we're talking about the current ones.

i cant even believe you mention resistance as far as fps's go that game blows ass.

we got wipeout- (classic)
warhawk- (instant classic)
Tekken- need i say more?
Killzone-:awesome:
god of war

--------------------
Man is timid and apologetic; he is no longer upright; he dares not say "I think," "I am," but quotes some saint or sage. He is ashamed before the blade of grass or the blowing rose.Man postpones or remembers; he does not live in the present, but with reverted eye laments the past, or, heedless of the riches that surround him, stands on tiptoe to foresee the future. He cannot be happy and strong until he too lives with nature in the present, above time
TRANSCEND

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #9446236 - 12/16/08 08:41 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Resistance certainly doesn't blow ass. Millions of people definitely disagree with you. Also, Killzone 2 isn't out yet, so there's no way to judge how good it will actually be. Hopefully it will be better than the first, though.

I forgot about God of War, that's a goodie.

InvisibleJack Albertson
bismillah rahmani rahim
Male User Gallery

#9446249 - 12/16/08 08:44 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

the 1st killzone is awesome, it's easily one of the best fps's ever. so the second is bound to be epic. My gripe with resistance is the shitty mechanics in multiplayer, it looks and feels like a dreamcast game. In comparison to a shooter like cod4 r2 is garbage, i really dont know how people are so into it.

--------------------
TRANSCEND

OfflineTheylikethatshit
AKA Sno0py
Male User Gallery

Loc: PNW
    #9446251 - 12/16/08 08:44 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Jack Albertson said:
Quote:

Redstorm said:

i cant even believe you mention resistance as far as fps's go that game blows ass.

we got wipeout- (classic)
warhawk- (instant classic)
Tekken- need i say more?
Killzone-:awesome:
god of war

?
Never even heard of those, except tekken cuz I used to play classic when I was a young'n

--------------------
REST IN PEACE pirateseatsouls

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: CNN Money : Sony Playstation 3 A "Sinking Ship" [Re: ToTheSummit]
    #9446266 - 12/16/08 08:47 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

ToTheSummit said:
Quote:

Redstorm said:

So what would wow me in the Xbox collection?  I'm not trying to be a wiseass, I really don't know what I'm missing.

EDIT- Oh, and past-console games are a big factor to me.  My PS3 is backwards compatible and I still play as many PS and PS2 games as I do PS3.

That's a good point about the backwards compatibility. I didn't even think about that. To answer your questions though, you have the Dead or Alive games for fighting, Fable II, Forza Motorsports, the Halo and Gears of War series. There might be others; I'm not a huge gamer so I don't catch everything that comes out.

I'm not trying to be a 360 home if it sounds like that, though. I have absolutely no loyalty to any of the companies. In fact, my last 3 consoles were my 360, a PS2, and a Nintendo 64. :lol: I loved my modded PS2. For a poor college student, being able to download and copy games was huge.

InvisibleJack Albertson
bismillah rahmani rahim
Male User Gallery

Re: CNN Money : Sony Playstation 3 A "Sinking Ship" [Re: Theylikethatshit]
    #9446269 - 12/16/08 08:48 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

clearly you havent played enough games to be part of this discussion. :awesome:

--------------------
TRANSCEND

Offlinesupra
computerEnthusiast
Loc: TEXAS
    #9446275 - 12/16/08 08:49 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Redstorm said:
Quote:

ToTheSummit said:
Quote:

Redstorm said:

That's a good point about the backwards compatibility. I didn't even think about that. To answer your questions though, you have the Dead or Alive games for fighting, Fable II, Forza Motorsports, the Halo and Gears of War series. There might be others; I'm not a huge gamer so I don't catch everything that comes out.

I'm not trying to be a 360 home if it sounds like that, though. I have absolutely no loyalty to any of the companies. In fact, my last 3 consoles were my 360, a PS2, and a Nintendo 64. :lol: I loved my modded PS2. For a poor college student, being able to download and copy games was huge.

haha, did the same with my xbox1...i have a ps3 and a wii this round though...

peace

InvisibleJack Albertson
bismillah rahmani rahim
Male User Gallery

#9446282 - 12/16/08 08:49 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Redstorm said:
Quote:

ToTheSummit said:
Quote:

Redstorm said:

DOA started on ps1. it's another perfect example of microsoft buying licenses and ruining the franchise.

--------------------
TRANSCEND

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #9446284 - 12/16/08 08:50 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

I didn't enjoy the first Killzone. I wanted to so badly b/c I loved the premise and story, but the controls and stiffness of the character animation bugged me. I've been waiting for the new one since the teaser preceded the console launch. If it's awesome I might have to pick up a PS3.

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #9446292 - 12/16/08 08:51 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

I don't think they ruined anything. These were reviewed exceptionally and are still epic games.

OfflineTheylikethatshit
AKA Sno0py
Male User Gallery

Loc: PNW
    #9446326 - 12/16/08 08:55 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Backwards compatiability is also available with the 360, you can download originals directly from xbox live for really cheap.
And did anyone play KZ: Liberation?
I was interested in getting that with a psp, but I heard bad reviews about it so I changed my mind.
Now that I think about it, I would much rather have the PsP then the ps3!
almost all of the same capabilities but in a handheld :wink:

Ps.
Dead or Alive sucked anyway

--------------------
REST IN PEACE pirateseatsouls

Edited by Theylikethatshit (12/16/08 08:56 PM)

OfflineToTheSummit
peregrinus
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #9446335 - 12/16/08 08:56 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Jack Albertson said:
My gripe with resistance is the shitty mechanics in multiplayer, it looks and feels like a dreamcast game. In comparison to a shooter like cod4 r2 is garbage, i really dont know how people are so into it.

No argument from me there.  The multiplayer in R2 sucks.  I was highly disappointed.  My wife and I have spent countless hours playing co-op in the first Resistance and it was a big let down for us when R2 came out.

--------------------

InvisibleJack Albertson
bismillah rahmani rahim
Male User Gallery

#9446338 - 12/16/08 08:56 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

xbox has never been a fighters console. b/c of the blatant melding of stolen controller schemes, it's damn near impossible to play a fighter comfortably.  And killzone wasnt much to look at but it kicked off the current trend in next gen first person shooters, i may be mistaken but i think it was the first one to have a run feature.

--------------------
TRANSCEND

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #9446393 - 12/16/08 09:04 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

COD gives you the ability to run, doesn't it?

InvisibleJack Albertson
bismillah rahmani rahim
Male User Gallery

#9446407 - 12/16/08 09:06 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

yeah, but has it always? and if so was it out before killzone?

--------------------
TRANSCEND

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order