Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineViewSonic
Stranger
Hawks-Eye Spore Syringe germinates while in syringe?
    #9443229 - 12/16/08 11:43 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

I recently purchased two spore syringes from Hawks-eye spores. I noticed when I first received them that there was one or two white floaters inside the actual syringe. I put them in my fridge while still in the bag as I was not ready to use them.

About a week and a half later I took them out ready to use and it looked like all the spores had germinated into mycelia!  I knocked up a couple jars with it anyways hoping it was still viable, and haven't seen any growth at all. Has anyone else had this happen to them?

Is there anything I can do to salvage this situation?? Christmas season is here and money is tight... so even buying one more spore syringe is...well...not justifiable at the moment. :rolleyes:

I'm hesitant to contact Hawks Eye about this. But I'd like to say I've never had trouble from them before and, except for these two, all there spore syringes have been top notch.  Anyways, any thoughts on this situation or am I basically screwed?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineveda_sticks
Cultivator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: UK Flag
Re: Hawks-Eye Spore Syringe germinates while in syringe? [Re: ViewSonic]
    #9443316 - 12/16/08 12:07 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

i wouldnty hestate to contact them. they want your business and r vey discreete.

there have been cases where spores have germinatedf within a syringe. its very possible though rare. spore cells contain tiny amounts of nuitrients that can support a small amount of growth. certain things can trigger germination and when one spore germinates it can have dominoe effect causing more to geminat.

its possible that you may have bad ginetics and the spoes semm to germinate but goes no furhther. i had this with a year old b+ print i made a syringe with. i  had white strings apear after a week. nolc or substraes took of though. could have been contaminated idk.

if theres a problem a vendor should haily replace the syringe. just email saying u tyhat you have always been appy and this time you looked under tyhe microscope  and seen contaminant sores.

even the best vendors sometimes get hit with contaminations.

--------------------

PF TEK - writeup by EvilMushroom666
Lets Grow Mushrooms - RogerRabbit & RoadKills website with sample videos plus the full PF TEK video series. Alot of great information - BUY THE DVD
Cakes can and will pin! - So you think cakes suck for pins. Your wrong
Franks Simple Coir/Verm Tek
Franks Proper Pasturisation Tek
Franks Spawning To Bulk - Monotub
Professor Pinheads RTV Injection Port Tek
Foo Mans No Soak WBS Prep Tek

OfflineOpus Pocus
Danger to Society

Re: Hawks-Eye Spore Syringe germinates while in syringe? [Re: veda_sticks]
    #9443381 - 12/16/08 12:20 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah, dito. Contact Ryche. I believe he will do whatever it takes to make things right.

--------------------

Offlinefr33d0mfry
Ghettorig Guru
Male User Gallery

Re: Hawks-Eye Spore Syringe germinates while in syringe? [Re: veda_sticks]
    #9443393 - 12/16/08 12:22 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

in a thread i posted a while back i mentioned some of the spores i got from lil' shop, colonized my pints faster than my lc did... I had fully colonized pints in about 10 days from a ms innoc, It is my belief that the spores germinated in the water before I even inoculated, which would explain seeing signs of growth very quickly.

It's not a bad thing if your spores germinated in the syringe, just think of it kind of like an LC.

--------------------
I am the first person to admit that I'm wrong about something, If I post anything misinforming or misleading, do not hesitate to call me out on it. IF I'm actually wrong, that is. I usually wont post something unless i know it to be 100% true, but mistakes happen.
If you try to tell me i'm wrong about something im positive of, i will argue with you until you stop breathing.

Offlinemadsick
whoremonger
 User Gallery

Re: Hawks-Eye Spore Syringe germinates while in syringe? [Re: Opus Pocus]
    #9443507 - 12/16/08 12:41 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

are u sure the syringe was the problem?

OfflineViewSonic
Stranger
Re: Hawks-Eye Spore Syringe germinates while in syringe? [Re: madsick]
    #9443596 - 12/16/08 12:56 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

As sure as one can be I think. I've been growing for a few years now and I used the same process I usually do. My grow room is very clean with a hepa running full blast 24/7.

The reason I think it's the syringe is a) Never seen a syringe that germinated like that, b) Just from my experience floating mycilia in a non-nutritive solution can be fairly inconsistent as far as how long it stays viable. And c) the only differing varible here from my normal process is the syringe. 

Thanks for the responses so far.

Edited by ViewSonic (12/16/08 01:01 PM)

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: Hawks-Eye Spore Syringe germinates while in syringe? [Re: ViewSonic]
    #9443687 - 12/16/08 01:12 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

It's fairly common for spores to germinate in solution.  Give it a few days and I'll bet you'll see growth.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

OfflineiMtRiPpIn
Lookin' fer Luv
 User Gallery

Re: Hawks-Eye Spore Syringe germinates while in syringe? [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #9444280 - 12/16/08 03:01 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

I had the same thing happen to me once.  It's not necessarily a bad thing.  It was a Hawk's Eye syringe also.  I wonder what he puts in there to make them do that??  Some damn viable spores that's what.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck