Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineLSAuser
Full figuredwomen rule!
Loc: Florida
Will drugs ever be legal in Cananda? USA?(ha)
    #925570 - 10/02/02 04:33 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

any speculations? I say 5 years for Cananda and 50 years for USA

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Re: Will drugs ever be legal in Cananda? USA?(ha) [Re: LSAuser]
    #925715 - 10/02/02 05:13 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah it's going to happen soon for us in Canada.

You poor bastards in the US will probably have to start a revolution before anything changes soon.

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

OfflineRonoS
DSYSB since '01
Male User Gallery

Loc: Calgary, Alberta
Re: Will drugs ever be legal in Cananda? USA?(ha) [Re: trendal]
    #925730 - 10/02/02 05:19 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I say 5 years for Canada, then the U.S. will consider us Terrorists and bomb the fuck out of us....they'll be able to use the "war on drugs" or the "War on Terrorism" or both as an excuse to take our oil...:crazy: (Mostly kidding)

--------------------
"Life has never been weird enough for my liking"

Edited by Rono (10/02/02 05:21 PM)

OfflineLSAuser
Full figuredwomen rule!
Re: Will drugs ever be legal in Cananda? USA?(ha) [Re: Rono]
    #927093 - 10/03/02 12:40 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

no way in hell will america bomb cananda if they legalize drugs. heck drugs are legal in amsterdam and switzerland and probably a few other countries. prostitution, strip joints and gambling are legal only in NV and the rest of america hasnt blown NV up. I may consider living in CA even if they only make some drugs legal, as long as shrooms are included so I can grow all the shrooms I want and trip weekly :laugh:

InvisibleServator
Viral Agent

#927099 - 10/03/02 12:42 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

drugs aren't legal in amsterdam

InvisibleTD37
ace jackson
    #927195 - 10/03/02 01:24 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

from http://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/factbook/geos/ca.html

GDP: purchasing power parity - $774.7 billion (2000 est.)

Exports: $272.3 billion (f.o.b., 2000 est.)

making up ~35% of the Canadian economy, with:

Exports - partners: US 86%

~30% of the Canadian economy is made up of exports to the US. 30% is directly under the sway of the preferences of the US. (compared to a measly 1.8% for Canadian imports from the US.)

Canadians have no hope of smoking legal marijuana, or anything else being legal, without a popular movement along the same lines in the US.

Invisiblesir tripsalot
Administrator

Re: Will drugs ever be legal in Cananda? USA?(ha) [Re: TD37]
    #927291 - 10/03/02 02:00 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

If we all become Weed farmers we would be set.

--------------------

"Little racoons and old possums 'n' stuff all live up in here. They've got to have a little place to sit." Bob Ross.

InvisibleTD37
ace jackson
Re: Will drugs ever be legal in Cananda? USA?(ha) [Re: sir tripsalot]
    #927414 - 10/03/02 02:52 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Excellent line of reasoning! Perhaps we could all live on one hemp seed a day, like the Buddha?

OfflineLSAuser
Full figuredwomen rule!
Re: Will drugs ever be legal in Cananda? USA?(ha) [Re: Servator]
    #930080 - 10/03/02 10:40 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I thought people liked amsterdam cause alot of stuff was legal and I heard drugs were. so which country are drugs legal?

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #937026 - 10/06/02 04:44 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Amsterdam isn't even a country, goof.

Amsterdam is a city in the Netherlands. In the Netherlands, some drugs are decriminalized, but not legal.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

OfflineLSAuser
Full figuredwomen rule!
Re: Will drugs ever be legal in Cananda? USA?(ha) [Re: Phluck]
    #937719 - 10/06/02 08:35 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

isnt that basically the same thing? that means you could process and use drugs just not allowed to buy or sell any, but you can make or grow em for your own personal use

Offlinedrawkitepictures
scholar
Loc: Colorado
    #937858 - 10/06/02 09:38 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

do u really think shrooms should be legalized? i feel there are only certain people who should ever take mushrooms. we've all tripped with an idiot before.

--------------------

OfflineDiscordja
Pope

Loc: Atlantic Canada
Re: Will drugs ever be legal in Cananda? USA?(ha) [Re: drawkitepictures]
    #938137 - 10/06/02 11:21 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

A licensing program (a la Timothy Leary) would take care of idiots and psychotics who should under no circumstances be allowed to take shrooms. Leary was talking about LSD and pot when he went before a senate comittee on narcotics, but its the same general application. He suggested a rigorous testing process (emotional, physical, intellectual) for anyone who wanted a license to smoke pot or do acid; by way of loose analogy, the criteria for a pot license would be on par with a drivers license, and LSD would be on par with the requirements for a license to fly an airplane.

--------------------
Remember, it's only true if it makes you laugh...

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
Re: Will drugs ever be legal in Cananda? USA?(ha) [Re: Discordja]
    #938250 - 10/06/02 11:53 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Everyone should have the chance to take them. Mountaineering kills more people every year than have ever died on shrooms. We arn't calling for a ban on moutaineering.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: Will drugs ever be legal in Cananda? USA?(ha) [Re: Xlea321]
    #939475 - 10/07/02 10:23 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Al, just a question with no malice intended. I've seen you use arn't several times. Is that how it's spelled in the UK? I only ask because in the US we spell it aren"t.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Offlinedrawkitepictures
scholar
Loc: Colorado
Re: Will drugs ever be legal in Cananda? USA?(ha) [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #942977 - 10/08/02 01:20 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

saying that was should only allow certain people to take drugs doesn't solve any problems. i realize that many of us here, on this website, are resposible users. however, there are definitely people out there (the majority) who use drugs irresposibly. drug dealing, trafficking, and other drug crime would not be solved in any sense, especially if we are segregating people who are allowed to use drugs from people who aren't. that would go over even worse in our current society.

--------------------

OfflineRemy
Bitches Brew
 User Gallery

Loc: Atlanta, GA
    #943542 - 10/08/02 04:56 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

The UK, our most powerful ally, is already undergoing strong decriminalization efforts towards marijuana. I can see Canada following behind in the next two years. Besides, there is a difference between the US influencing the canadian economy, and the US governments influence on canadian policy

Anonymous

#943814 - 10/08/02 06:38 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I'm sort of torn about which Country will be First to Decriminalize Pot.
I think our Canadian Neighbors are a bit more Liberal, in some areas anyway, but the majority of them think Pot is a 'DRUG', hence, it is Bad. I saw a documentary on B.C., that sited the emergence of  Pot Cafes, where it is Legal to smoke there, but Illegal to sell it there? (That sounds like a US Law...? )

As for USA, I think we are 20 - 40 yrs away. Consider for a moment how many People's jobs depend on the Criminazation of Drugs - Think how many people would have to be freed from Jail - (200,000 at last count, thats a lot of uneated cornbread)

How many Cops would have nothing to do, with all the petty Criminals no longer 'Criminals'. They may have to actually solve a Crime!

Yes, I think we (US) derive way too much money from the practice of jailing little fish under the auspice of 'Winning the War on Drugs"

If it were up to me - Maybe They should spend some of that Drug money on bringing Schools up to par with the rest of the Western World...I mean, do They think the Guy with the roach in his pocket is more dangerous than the 15 yr old in 7th grade.??

Have you ever heard of a Shoot Out over Pot? I lived in some of the worst neighborhoods in New york, the gunplay was always over Smack, Rock, or Coke.

Pot was sold, openly in corner deli's, and no one gave a shit if you bought it or not.
Mayor Bloomberg is now trying to sell his idea of a 700Million dollar NEW Penn Station, in hopes of Luring the 2012 Olympic Games to our City - Um, didnt we just have a major catostrophy a few months ago? They havent even broke ground on that 16 acre hole, and they are trying to build a new Trainstation?! Yet 51% of Students cant read at their Level. Well, I suppose thats all part of the plan, if you cant read, you wont know whats going on around you. :confused:  -OoD

OfflineLOPHO.MP
looker

Loc: Santa Cruz CA.
    #944486 - 10/09/02 03:32 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Hmmmm....Last month I was talking to a Canadian and he said thatthey were allready working on decriminalizing cannabis!!
Has anyone else heard this?? Or was my source wrong?

After hearing this rumor I moved my planned trip to Canada up a couple months in my calendar!!!

Any Canadians out there with the facts??

Much appreciated!

--------------------
---Still Searching---

OfflineRonoS
DSYSB since '01
Male User Gallery

Loc: Calgary, Alberta
Re: Will drugs ever be legal in Cananda? USA?(ha) [Re: LOPHO.MP]
    #944537 - 10/09/02 04:09 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I'm sure he was referring to the recent study that was made and that recommended we "legalize" marijuana ...not "decriminalize" it. This does not necessarily mean that it will happen, but it is an important first step. Unfortunately once the politicians in the U.S. caught wind of this, they started to scream bloody murder, and since the U.S. has such influence over Canada the issue has been put on the back burner for now.

--------------------
"Life has never been weird enough for my liking"

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds