Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineTheylikethatshit
AKA Sno0py
Male User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Tom Clancy's "Endwar"
    #9433285 - 12/15/08 12:03 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Suprised nobody has really brought this game up.

It is set in the near yet distant future after the oil reserves begin to deplete and tension builds between nations across the world. A global missle defence system eliminates the threat of nuclear destruction and the US, Europe, and a revitalized Russia erupt in an all out war(WWIII).
Instead of the traditional RTS camera view, Endwar brings into a rather 3rd person view over the selected unit and can be alternated between your units. Also instead of building units you call reinforcements in, and there is a credit system in which you must have at least four credits to bring in a unit.

Another thing I like about this game is being able to command your units at the speed of thought by using your microphone headset. I took this section from a review that explains the voice command well:

Quote:

Though many real-time strategy games offer unique characters and intricate storylines, EndWar focuses on action and streamlined gameplay. It all revolves around the voice commands. It is entirely possible to play EndWar with nothing more than a trigger button and your voice. On the flip side, it's possible to play with just a controller while keeping your mouth shut. To get the most out of the game, you'll want to use a combination of both.

There is a small learning curve that you'll have to work through to get into the swing of things. Though you can control the game entirely by shouting out commands, the game can only recognize certain phrases. You can't simply say, "Calling all units, win the game," despite the best efforts of every other person I played against. Still, the voice commands work out of an intuitive tree that begins with who or what you would like to direct and ends with its target. If you don't have the whole command layout memorized, you can just look on the upper left side of the screen and talk your way through the command line. The game will bring up the possible options for what you can say as you go. By using this, you can do something as simple as move the camera to as complex as grouping two separate units together and directing them to attack an enemy on the far side of the map. Or you can drop a WMD on top on some poor sap's head.

In the Xbox Live gameplay AKA "Theater of War", you choose a faction (USA,Russia,Europe) and a battalion that benifits your playing style. It is based on turns, every 24 hrs is a turn and at the end of every turn the contested territorys are awarded to the faction whom came out with the most victories on it. In order for your faction to win the war your faction must posses 30 territorys and all three factions capitols.

There is a unique ranking system for your units which enables you to purchase upgrades to better their combat effectiveness. A variety of upgrades are availabe for every unit type. For example, your aircraft can be upgraded in mobility for speed or defence for armour. There is a "Combat Chain" which is your units effectiveness against other types, and the basic chain is transporters kill air, air kills armour, armour kills transports.

There is alot more to write about but I think I got the main shit out there.
any questions I will try to answer

--------------------
REST IN PEACE pirateseatsouls

Edited by Theylikethatshit (12/15/08 12:04 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder