Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Aldous Huxley, The Doors

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Discovery BeyondImagination

Techniques in Mind Control...........
    #943119 - 10/08/02 04:20 PM (14 years, 23 days ago)

Here's a snippet of an interesting article on line. The link to the site is at the bottom.
I found it very informative. Also very scary when you read it a few times. It's not an easy read.

The $9 billion a year video-game industry in America, which contributed mightily to the carnage at Littleton, Paducah, and Jonesboro, is far more than the mere commercial exploitation of techniques and technologies developed as ``legitimate'' training instruments for the military and law enforcement agencies. To understand the roots of this new form of ``Manchurian Candidate'' programmed terrorism, it is necessary to go back to World War II and the immediate postwar period, when there was a concerted effort launched, by the Frankfurt School and the London Tavistock Institute, to use the Marxist/Freudian perversion of psychology and other social sciences, as instruments for mass social control and brainwashing. The two pillars of the assault on the American intellectual tradition were cybernetics and the drug counterculture.

At that time, a number of prominent social scientists openly spelled out their goal, of using the wartime-tested techniques of mass psychological manipulation, to pervert and control the American people. And in most instances, their emphasis was on children, and the need to destroy the fabric of family life.

Lord Bertrand Russell, who joined with the Frankfurt School in this effort at mass social engineering, spilled the beans, in his 1951 book, The Impact of Science on Society. He wrote: ``Physiology and psychology afford fields for scientific technique which still await development. Two great men, Pavlov and Freud, have laid the foundation. I do not accept the view that they are in any essential conflict, but what structure will be built on their foundations is still in doubt. I think the subject which will be of most importance politically is mass psychology.... Its importance has been enormously increased by the growth of modern methods of propaganda. Of these the most influential is what is called `education.' Religion plays a part, though a diminishing one; the press, the cinema, and the radio play an increasing part.... It may be hoped that in time anybody will be able to persuade anybody of anything if he can catch the patient young and is provided by the State with money and equipment.''

Russell continued, ``The subject will make great strides when it is taken up by scientists under a scientific dictatorship.... The social psychologists of the future will have a number of classes of school children on whom they will try different methods of producing an unshakable conviction that snow is black. Various results will soon be arrived at. First, that the influence of home is obstructive. Second, that not much can be done unless indoctrination begins before the age of ten. Third, that verses set to music and repeatedly intoned are very effective. Fourth, that the opinion that snow is white must be held to show a morbid taste for eccentricity. But I anticipate. It is for future scientists to make these maxims precise and discover exactly how much it costs per head to make children believe that snow is black, and how much less it would cost to make them believe it is dark gray.''

Russell concluded with a warning: ``Although this science will be diligently studied, it will be rigidly confined to the governing class. The populace will not be allowed to know how its convictions were generated. When the technique has been perfected, every government that has been in charge of education for a generation will be able to control its subjects securely without the need of armies or policemen.''

Mind control and the government

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Resident Cynic

Loc: Apt #6, The Village
Re: Techniques in Mind Control........... [Re: Bullfrog1]
    #943470 - 10/08/02 06:25 PM (14 years, 23 days ago)

Seperation of school and state is a good thing.

To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

Burning withCircles!
Loc: Hell
Re: Techniques in Mind Control........... [Re: Evolving]
    #943759 - 10/08/02 08:10 PM (14 years, 23 days ago)

The funny thing about people and mind control, is that people think that they would know if they were brainwashed.

They think is like playing a tape recorder over over agian. But a simple change in beliefs, about how things work could be considered (light) mind control.

And the gameshow host rings the buzzer (brrnnntt) oh and now you get a face full of face!

Re: Techniques in Mind Control........... [Re: Bullfrog1]
    #954493 - 10/12/02 05:33 AM (14 years, 19 days ago)

The $9 billion a year video-game industry in America, which contributed mightily to the carnage at Littleton, Paducah, and Jonesboro,

"Won't someone please think of the children!"

Ok, I'm going to go listen to Marylin Manson and kill myself now.

OfflineKenny Bus
The enlightend

Loc: ontario
Re: Techniques in Mind Control........... [Re: Xibalba]
    #956555 - 10/13/02 09:04 AM (14 years, 18 days ago)

Drugs that open the mind to multiple realities inevitably lead to a polytheistic view of the universe. We sensed that the time for a new humanist religion based on intelligence, good-natured pluralism and scientific paganism had arrived.''

wtf does that mean? my vocab aint much to brag about

Burning withCircles!
Loc: Hell
Re: Techniques in Mind Control........... [Re: Kenny Bus]
    #958048 - 10/13/02 10:33 PM (14 years, 18 days ago)

It means many things:

World peace is right around the corner

It means huminaity is in the process of evoloving from fear, and greed, to see that you don't need riches, or to be materialistic to be happy.

It means drug users will become the WORLDS number one public enemy!

It means We are discovering God is inside you and not some vengfull deaity or entity.

It means there are true drugs (coke, heroin, meth, alcohol), and then there are enthogens that provide a source of self-therapy, peace, freedom for the MIND and body.

It means a huministic religous forms of worship, not based on fear, and the senseless killing, based on what or who's god is true or real

It means that god is a state of mind, and that MANY humans sell them selfs too short!

It means that things CAN be changed, despite what anyone thinks, there is no set path. "Once the doors of perception have been cleansed, everything will appear to man as infinite" - adoxus hoxlisy (thats probibly mispelled)

Paganism ... whats good is bad and bad is good. Our society is confusing because alot of this horseshit is still in use. It means in the future this won't exist, that what is good is good, and what is bad is bad.

And the gameshow host rings the buzzer (brrnnntt) oh and now you get a face full of face!

Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: Techniques in Mind Control........... [Re: Kenny Bus]
    #959432 - 10/14/02 12:31 PM (14 years, 17 days ago)

It means the guy is trying to make himself sound more intelligent by using big words.

The words "scientific paganism" frighten me. Same as "christian scientists".

You can't mix religion and science. It just doesn't work. Science doesn't ask you to believe anything. Science is constantly changing, you don't take anything just on faith, and you have to be ready to throw away everything you once knew. You can't _believe_ in a god, or gods. (Inside or out, JohnnyFive) You can only speculate.

With religion, no matter what religion it is, you have to believe somethings without knowing 100% for sure.

Some people tell me, "well I know 100% for sure that there is a god, I felt him/her/it/whatever". Okay.
Your brain can convince you anything by changing its chemistry. There are crazy people who believe completely that they're being chased by government agents. They've seen them, heard them, felt them, whatever. They KNOW they're there.

Same with anyone who believes completely that there is a god. Or anyone who believes anything really.

Descartes has an often misinterpreted quote. He said that there was only one thing that he could proove existed, and only to himself.

"I think therefore I am."

I know my own conciousness exists, somehow, and there really isn't anything I can add to that. No matter what I experience. There is absolutely nothing that I could experience that isn't necessarily just a complete figment of my imagination.

"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Aldous Huxley, The Doors

General Interest >> Political Discussion