Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
CNN Money : Sony Playstation 3 A "Sinking Ship"
    #9427412 - 12/13/08 10:50 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Sony's (SNE) PS3 is dying on the shelves.

Alone among the three major videogame consoles, sales of the PS3 are down about 19% from November 2007, according to the latest stats from the NPD Group. Sony was only able to sell 378,000 PS3s this November, compared to 466,000 last year.

And the problem for Sony isn't the recession, it's the PS3. Microsoft (MSFT) put up respectable numbers with its Xbox 360, selling 836,000 units vs 777,000 in November 2007. And Nintendo's (NTDOY) Wii continues to dominate the market, more than doubling sales from 981,000 to 2.04 million.

So why is the PS3 flopping so badly?

1. It's the most expensive console on the market, $150 - $200 more than its rivals. Even if you believe the video game industry is "recession-proof" (it isn't), a tanking economy makes consumers more price-conscious.
  2. The PS3's big bonus is its ability to double as a Blu-Ray player. Too bad no one seems to care about hi-def DVDs. The differences between Blu-Ray and DVD are hard to see on a TV less than 50".
  3. The PS3 just doesn't have any must-have titles exclusive to the console. "LittleBigPlanet" has generated decent buzz but isn't a game-changer, and neither is Sony's new virtual world "Home."

There's really only one option left for Sony to remain in the game: deep price cuts, and not just for people with good credit. Tell yourself the PS3 has superior graphics if it makes you feel better, but a $400 console with a mediocre game library simply cannot compete against an Xbox 360 priced at $200 in this economy.

Quote:

Numbers of Units Sold, November

The full sales chart:

2.04m - Wii

1.57m - Nintendo DS

836k - Xbox 360

421k - PSP

378k - PlayStation 3

206k - PlayStation 2

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblelexmark
Stranger

Re: CNN Money : Sony Playstation 3 A "Sinking Ship" [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #9427653 - 12/13/08 11:42 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

"It's the most expensive console on the market, $150 - $200 more than its rivals"

i can get an 80gb ps3 and one game for exactly the same price as a 360 alone...  $399

i chose the ps3 and don't regret it :eatingout:

--------------------

Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

Re: CNN Money : Sony Playstation 3 A "Sinking Ship" [Re: lexmark]
    #9428213 - 12/14/08 02:12 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

you can buy a 360 that comes with two games (kid games though) and a memory card for free for 199.99.

--------------------
To get really high is to forget yourself. And to forget yourself is to see everything else. And to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe. And I think every human being should be a conscious tool of the universe. . . .

-JG

i really am glad you came back to us instead of taking the other path. *hug*

-A_S (RIP your final words to me will never be forgotten)

Don't fuck with the laughing jesus.

OfflineSneezingPenis
ACHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111!
 User Gallery
    #9428304 - 12/14/08 02:39 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

1. why are there so many 360 advocates spewing lies about the PS3? because they are already bored with their console.
2. the OP is obviously a 360 lover, because they are a myopic american that thinks america is the only country with enough money to buy consoles.
3. YOUR FACTS ARE BULLSHIT.
Quote:

The PlayStation 3 is currently behind its competitor systems, the Wii and the Xbox 360, in total worldwide sales. In Japan during 2007, the Wii outsold the PlayStation 3 by as much as 6 to 1 in some months.[85][86][87] According to Famitsu, the PlayStation 3 has been more successful in Japan with 2,369,484 PlayStation 3 consoles sold as of October 1, 2008; outselling the Xbox 360, which was released almost a year earlier than its competitors, which sold 748,992 units; both the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 were outsold by the Wii, which sold 6,826,612 units.[66]

From October to November 2007, sales of the PlayStation 3 went up by 285% in the United States.[88] Sony CEO Howard Stringer attributed the growth to a price cut and Nintendo's inability to manufacture the Wii system at a rate high enough to meet public demand.[89]

In 2007, the PlayStation 3 had sold 2.56 million units in the US according to the NPD Group,[90][91] 1,206,347 in Japan according to Enterbrain,[92][93] and an estimated 2.8 million in Europe according to Electronic Arts.[94][95] In 2007, the Wii had outsold the PlayStation 3 by 3:1 in Japan, while the Xbox 360 had sold 257,841 units in that region that year, according to Enterbrain.[96][97]

As of January 1, 2008, the PlayStation 3 has sold over 180,000 units in Australia according to GameSpot.[98] As of September 2008, the PS3 has sold 1.4 million units in the United Kingdom, according to GfK Chart-Track.[67]

In the United States, the PlayStation 3 outsold the Xbox 360 for the first time in January 2008 according to the NPD Group;[99][100][101] however, a day prior to the NPD sales figures being released, Microsoft said that the Xbox 360 had shortages for that month in the US.[102][103][104] Prior to January 2008, the PlayStation 3 had been a consistent third behind the Wii and the Xbox 360 in US sales in most months since the PS3 and Wii were released, according to data by the NPD Group.[103] The PlayStation 3 also outsold the Xbox 360 in February 2008,[105][106] but was then outsold by the Xbox 360 in March 2008 according to the NPD Group.[107] In June 2008 PS3 again outsold Xbox 360 by a margin of 405,500 to 219,800.[108] As of November 1, 2008, the PlayStation 3 has sold 5.7 million units in the US, according to the NPD Group.[68]

According to Sony Computer Entertainment Europe, the PlayStation 3 had outsold the Xbox 360 from October 2007 onwards in Europe and in May 2008 it surpassed the Xbox 360 (which was released 16 months prior to the PlayStation 3) in total European sales.[65][109][110]

In the first seven months of 2008, the PlayStation 3 has sold 200,000 units in Canada, outselling the Xbox 360 which sold 154,000 units; however, the PlayStation 3 was outsold by the Wii with 376,000 units; the PlayStation 3 has sold a total of 520,000 units in Canada as of August 1, 2008.[64]

by those numbers if the PS3 is in trouble then the 360 is as well.

4. backwards compatibility, wireless gaming (psp), Blue-Ray (which locked up the market and bitch slapped HDDVD into obsolescence).

madtown, your argument is weak. the ps3 pwns the 360 on all fronts and is going strong. like I have said before, sony is an eastern company and a powerhouse... oh  wait...
Quote:

microsoft Revenue ▲ US$ 60.420 Billion (2008)

Sony Revenue ▲ US$ 88.714 Billion (2008)

wow! 28 billion more!

keep backing your western company and waving your flag in the wind. the PS3 is here to stay.
eastern companies invest for the long haul, western companies shoot their load and  fizzle. microsoft drops millions on release exclusivity because its pissant consumers need it now, while the PS3 fans have patience and dont mind waiting 2 weeks to play the game on a far superior console.
check it out for yourself...
http://www.ps3focus.com/archives/40

where it matters, the ps3 destroys the 360.

InvisibleJack Albertson
bismillah rahmani rahim
Male User Gallery

Loc: SOLARIS
Re: CNN Money : Sony Playstation 3 A "Sinking Ship" [Re: SneezingPenis]
    #9429066 - 12/14/08 08:40 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

i wouldnt give a shit if the ps3 ended up like the dreamcast. it's still the best system on the market.

--------------------
Man is timid and apologetic; he is no longer upright; he dares not say "I think," "I am," but quotes some saint or sage. He is ashamed before the blade of grass or the blowing rose.Man postpones or remembers; he does not live in the present, but with reverted eye laments the past, or, heedless of the riches that surround him, stands on tiptoe to foresee the future. He cannot be happy and strong until he too lives with nature in the present, above time
TRANSCEND

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #9429319 - 12/14/08 09:39 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Other than sales.

InvisibleJack Albertson
bismillah rahmani rahim
Male User Gallery

Re: CNN Money : Sony Playstation 3 A "Sinking Ship" [Re: Redstorm]
    #9429345 - 12/14/08 09:43 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

i think the problem is that it doesnt really appeal to casual gamers.

--------------------
Man is timid and apologetic; he is no longer upright; he dares not say "I think," "I am," but quotes some saint or sage. He is ashamed before the blade of grass or the blowing rose.Man postpones or remembers; he does not live in the present, but with reverted eye laments the past, or, heedless of the riches that surround him, stands on tiptoe to foresee the future. He cannot be happy and strong until he too lives with nature in the present, above time
TRANSCEND

Invisiblelexmark
Stranger

Re: CNN Money : Sony Playstation 3 A "Sinking Ship" [Re: Redstorm]
    #9429361 - 12/14/08 09:48 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Redstorm said:
Quote:

Other than sales.

who cares about sales... honda sells more than bmw, does that mean the honda is a better car?

--------------------

Invisiblelexmark
Stranger

Re: CNN Money : Sony Playstation 3 A "Sinking Ship" [Re: Jack Albertson]
    #9429363 - 12/14/08 09:48 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Jack Albertson said:
i think the problem is that it doesnt really appeal to casual gamers.

that could be true

--------------------

InvisibleDieCommie

Re: CNN Money : Sony Playstation 3 A "Sinking Ship" [Re: lexmark]
    #9429378 - 12/14/08 09:51 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

lexmark said:
Quote:

Redstorm said:
Quote:

Other than sales.

who cares about sales... honda sells more than bmw, does that mean the honda is a better car?

Yea.  Anybody can make a good car that is overpriced.  The better car (or game system) is the one that best balances quality and price.

InvisibleJack Albertson
bismillah rahmani rahim
Male User Gallery

Re: CNN Money : Sony Playstation 3 A "Sinking Ship" [Re: DieCommie]
    #9429437 - 12/14/08 10:07 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

FALSE

--------------------
TRANSCEND

OfflineMadtowntripper
 User Gallery

#9429849 - 12/14/08 11:45 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

YawningAnus said:
1. why are there so many 360 advocates spewing lies about the PS3? because they are already bored with their console.
2. the OP is obviously a 360 lover, because they are a myopic american that thinks america is the only country with enough money to buy consoles.

Holy shit, dope, chill the fuck out.

I didn't write the article, and don't own either console.

Can you read where it says "CNN SAYS"

Not "madtowntripper says"

Christ, but you must be one of God's own retards.

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

InvisibleJack Albertson
bismillah rahmani rahim
Male User Gallery

#9429910 - 12/14/08 12:03 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

what's with the all the hostility and insults?

--------------------
TRANSCEND

OfflineMadtowntripper
 User Gallery

Re: CNN Money : Sony Playstation 3 A "Sinking Ship" [Re: Jack Albertson]
    #9429917 - 12/14/08 12:04 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Merely responding in kind.

Thanks for your concern.

--------------------

InvisibleJack Albertson
bismillah rahmani rahim
Male User Gallery

#9429930 - 12/14/08 12:06 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

he called you a 360 lover, and you called him one of gods's own retards.

--------------------
TRANSCEND

OfflineYthanA
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Male User Gallery

Loc: NY/MA/VT Borderlands Flag
Re: CNN Money : Sony Playstation 3 A [Re: SneezingPenis]
    #9429972 - 12/14/08 12:14 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Whaaa? Console fanbois on my Shroomery? Also known as people who wanted both, but could only get one. :smirk: Really, who the fuck cares? 90% of the games are cross-platform anyway.

OfflineMadtowntripper
 User Gallery

Re: CNN Money : Sony Playstation 3 A [Re: Ythan]
    #9429981 - 12/14/08 12:16 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

And available on PC.

--------------------

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: CNN Money : Sony Playstation 3 A [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #9430166 - 12/14/08 12:51 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Christ, but you must be one of God's own retards.

:lol:

Offlineronjohn7779
Stranger

Re: CNN Money : Sony Playstation 3 A [Re: Redstorm]
    #9435941 - 12/15/08 10:43 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

This is no surprise to me. They've out priced themselves from the competition from the start. They've made too many models and removed some system selling features. They tried forcing a lame completely broke ass motion control setup down everyone's throats. While having a bluray drive is bad ass (I love my PS3 for having it) it has caused the system to be way too expensive. Almost all of the games suck and if they don't then their also available on the Xbox 360. They only had one really big system seller MGS4 and the rest of their old system selling line up has become multi-console releases.

The only reason I like my PS3 is because of the fact that it's a bad ass multimedia machine for any HD setup. It as the best sound available and the best Bluray video playback you can pay for. It sad because I only own like 3 games for it. And to break even on a console most manufactures need an average of 7 games sold for each system sold. I think the PS3 needs an even higher average of games sold to makes some money or break even.

--------------------
"Lennox Lewis, I'm coming for you man. My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah!" An American Hero Iron Mike!

OfflineTheylikethatshit
AKA Sno0py
Male User Gallery

Loc: PNW
    #9437892 - 12/15/08 04:07 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

YawningAnus said:
Quote:

The PlayStation 3 is currently behind its competitor systems, the Wii and the Xbox 360, in total worldwide sales. In Japan during 2007, the Wii outsold the PlayStation 3 by as much as 6 to 1 in some months.[85][86][87] According to Famitsu, the PlayStation 3 has been more successful in Japan with 2,369,484 PlayStation 3 consoles sold as of October 1, 2008; outselling the Xbox 360, which was released almost a year earlier than its competitors, which sold 748,992 units; both the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 were outsold by the Wii, which sold 6,826,612 units.[66]

From October to November 2007, sales of the PlayStation 3 went up by 285% in the United States.[88] Sony CEO Howard Stringer attributed the growth to a price cut and Nintendo's inability to manufacture the Wii system at a rate high enough to meet public demand.[89]

In 2007, the PlayStation 3 had sold 2.56 million units in the US according to the NPD Group,[90][91] 1,206,347 in Japan according to Enterbrain,[92][93] and an estimated 2.8 million in Europe according to Electronic Arts.[94][95] In 2007, the Wii had outsold the PlayStation 3 by 3:1 in Japan, while the Xbox 360 had sold 257,841 units in that region that year, according to Enterbrain.[96][97]

As of January 1, 2008, the PlayStation 3 has sold over 180,000 units in Australia according to GameSpot.[98] As of September 2008, the PS3 has sold 1.4 million units in the United Kingdom, according to GfK Chart-Track.[67]

In the United States, the PlayStation 3 outsold the Xbox 360 for the first time in January 2008 according to the NPD Group;[99][100][101] however, a day prior to the NPD sales figures being released, Microsoft said that the Xbox 360 had shortages for that month in the US.[102][103][104] Prior to January 2008, the PlayStation 3 had been a consistent third behind the Wii and the Xbox 360 in US sales in most months since the PS3 and Wii were released, according to data by the NPD Group.[103] The PlayStation 3 also outsold the Xbox 360 in February 2008,[105][106] but was then outsold by the Xbox 360 in March 2008 according to the NPD Group.[107] In June 2008 PS3 again outsold Xbox 360 by a margin of 405,500 to 219,800.[108] As of November 1, 2008, the PlayStation 3 has sold 5.7 million units in the US, according to the NPD Group.[68]

According to Sony Computer Entertainment Europe, the PlayStation 3 had outsold the Xbox 360 from October 2007 onwards in Europe and in May 2008 it surpassed the Xbox 360 (which was released 16 months prior to the PlayStation 3) in total European sales.[65][109][110]

In the first seven months of 2008, the PlayStation 3 has sold 200,000 units in Canada, outselling the Xbox 360 which sold 154,000 units; however, the PlayStation 3 was outsold by the Wii with 376,000 units; the PlayStation 3 has sold a total of 520,000 units in Canada as of August 1, 2008.[64]

by those numbers if the PS3 is in trouble then the 360 is as well.

4. backwards compatibility, wireless gaming (psp), Blue-Ray (which locked up the market and bitch slapped HDDVD into obsolescence).

madtown, your argument is weak. the ps3 pwns the 360 on all fronts and is going strong. like I have said before, sony is an eastern company and a powerhouse... oh  wait...
Quote:

microsoft Revenue ▲ US$ 60.420 Billion (2008)

Sony Revenue ▲ US$ 88.714 Billion (2008)

wow! 28 billion more!

keep backing your western company and waving your flag in the wind. the PS3 is here to stay.
eastern companies invest for the long haul, western companies shoot their load and  fizzle. microsoft drops millions on release exclusivity because its pissant consumers need it now, while the PS3 fans have patience and dont mind waiting 2 weeks to play the game on a far superior console.
check it out for yourself...
http://www.ps3focus.com/archives/40

:whatever:
Not this guy again....
I think YOUR facts are bullshit, I think you bask in your ps3 glory because your life is consumed by a whole lot of nothing.
I dont care what your phony facts state, Microsoft's Xbox Live dominates ps3's multiplayer gameplay.
And sales dont represent customer satisfaction.

if anyone else wants to argue about it go ahead, but im not wasting my time on a debate that goes nowhere.
NOTHING you say will change my opinion, and im well aware this will do nothing to your own.

And anus, stop attacking random people for their opinions, its unnecessary and ignorant :beatadeadhorse:

--------------------
REST IN PEACE pirateseatsouls

Edited by Theylikethatshit (12/15/08 04:07 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom