Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
Re: Absolute Best Trip Song [Re: fbetsy]
    #94328 - 08/02/00 10:58 PM (23 years, 7 months ago)

JA: also _after bathing at baxters_ and _crown of creation_
dead _aoxomoxoa_
quicksilver messenger service...
the byrds...
buffalo springfield...
joseph byrd and the united states of america...
beach boys: pet sounds, smile, 20/20...
donovan: a gift from a flower to a garden...
dylan...
ok.........

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

#94325 - 08/03/00 12:40 AM (23 years, 7 months ago)

YES!!!
Somebody else likes Camper Van Beethoven! Revolutionary Sweetheart is a great album, very original, very clever and pretty damn hilarious. ChangLee have you heard any of their out-of-print albums? There's some pretty trippy stuff on there. The problem with alot of bands that write witty, amusing songs is that the musicianship usually sucks so they get boring once the novelty wears off. Camper is one of those rare exceptions...

Well. Anyway.

XTC's Apple Venus Vol. 1 is a beautiful, orchestral soundtrack for your trip, the song "Greenman" is especially wonderful. Layers of instruments and almost paganistic, pastoral lyrics. To me it just sounds like the perfect shroom trip. :smile:

------------------
Peace, love and pointy things,
Fiona.

InvisibleKid
Carpal Tunnel
    #94326 - 08/03/00 07:16 AM (23 years, 7 months ago)

The first time I saw The Wall by Pink Floyd, I did 3 great tabs, in my room at night, in pitch dark, listened to the albulm, and let the acid make the visuals.

Comfortable Numb, awesome.

Aphex Twin's, The Waxen Pith. Actually, there is too much by Aphex Twin that's awesome for a trip.

The Doors; The Crystal Ship, Peace Frog, or Roadhouse Blues, and The End.

Anonymous

#94327 - 08/03/00 07:43 AM (23 years, 7 months ago)

the soul of modern day psychedelia is rooted in the late 60's. without question the album that captures that time and feeling most is jefferson airplanes surrealistic pillow. shame on you if you are a collector and dont own this, worse if you travel inside the mind and dont own it. this is a must play from end to end on any psychelic journey. my music tastes are stuck in the 60's so i may be partial but of course i listen to all new rock. just cant see listening to beastie boys, primus, metallica etc. when on an adventure. they are booze bands. for those of you who dont own a single 60's album this would be the one to buy.

OfflineChangLee
enthusiast
    #94324 - 08/03/00 10:05 AM (23 years, 7 months ago)

Eye Of Fatima, by a band called Camper Van Beethoven.

the album is "Our Beloved Revolutionary Sweetheart."

good good stuff. . . . .

------------------

--------------------
". . . and I'm searchin' for the latest thing, a break in this routine--I'm talkin' some new kicks; ones like you ain't never seen. . . . "

OfflineflipSide
Stranger
    #94329 - 08/04/00 08:10 AM (23 years, 7 months ago)

Orbital - Halcyon (live), but the studio version (Halcyon & On & On) is good too

Crystal Method - High Roller (the bass is incredible.. it's like a wall of sound :smile:

Pink Floyd - Shine On You Crazy Diamond (both parts)

OfflineStrange Days
journeyman
    #94330 - 08/04/00 12:03 PM (23 years, 7 months ago)

I definantly agree with the guy who said 60s music is the best for a psychedelic journey... try these
CREAM
Strange Brew
Sunshine of Your Love
Tales of Brave Ulysses
White Room
THE DOORS
When the Music's Over
The End
Light My Fire
The Chrystal Ship
Strange Days
Riders on the Storm
L.A. Woman
Moonlight Drive.... hell, any doors song is good. Remember, one of Morrison's hopes was to put the audience in a trance like state

------------------
The future's uncertain and the end is always near... Jim Morrison

OfflineGroovy Grant
 User Gallery
Loc: TX
    #94331 - 08/04/00 02:39 PM (23 years, 7 months ago)

i think moby's new song Porceilan is a cool song to trip to and also a cool music video to wtach we'll you trip.i like a lot of shit when i am tripping. sometimes just the sound of water drives me into mushroom world. i dont know just make me go into there real hard.

Anonymous

#94332 - 08/04/00 05:48 PM (23 years, 7 months ago)

Strange Days, you forgot
Inna Gadda Da Vida by Iron Butterfly :smile:

------------------
Peace, love and pointy things,
Fina.

Anonymous

#94333 - 08/06/00 12:15 PM (23 years, 7 months ago)

how about kool keith's Dr. Octagon CD, and Daft Punk's 'around the world' always puts me in a good mode.

OfflineStrange Days
journeyman
    #94335 - 08/06/00 10:21 PM (23 years, 7 months ago)

Here's some more good Led Zeppelin stuff for tripping.

In the Evening
I'm Gonna Crawl
Tea For One
Dazed and Confused (especially live)
What is and What Should Never Be
That's the Way
Stairway to Heaven
In the Light
Down by the Seaside
The Rain Song...... and theres a hell of a lot more

------------------
The future's uncertain and the end is always near... Jim Morrison

OfflineJuR
    #94334 - 08/07/00 09:45 AM (23 years, 7 months ago)

Try some Ska or Reagge when Tripping.
It'll make you happy.

Anonymous

#94336 - 08/07/00 11:49 AM (23 years, 7 months ago)

I like to listen to the Pokemon theme while I masturbate to Teletubbies reruns.

Anonymous

#94337 - 08/07/00 10:09 PM (23 years, 7 months ago)

Sasha and John Digweed are sweet to trip to but there's just so much out there. Aphex Twin ambient albums are wicked, the Green Orbital album made my first trip absolutely incredible. Hendrix is a good vibe. Beatles, Floyd, Steve Roach, Kitaro and even Yanni if you're in the mood for it. Mark Farina's Mushroom Jazz is top notch. Miles Davis, Medeski Martin & Wood, Groove Collective, London Funk Allstars, Greyboy Allstars. Shankar, Talvin Singh. Man, there's sooo much good stuff out there. mmmmmmmm music. Stuff involving the devil and human sacrifice doesn't usually do it for me though.

Anonymous

#94338 - 08/08/00 03:09 PM (23 years, 7 months ago)

This isn't exactly on the subject but I didn't want to start another music thread. are there any other "diffrent" stuff that anyone is into. My roomates always play the usuals but I am more into hip hop. Any one try Tribe or Outkast? I am listenting to the Love movement and it sound like it may be dope. Doseing this weekend, first time taking an eighth (I am kind of a newbee, I have only tripped 4 times and they have all been at least 6 months apart)

------------------
Question, what is it that everybody has that pirates and thieves try to take? Da booty
Q-tip

Offlinethe MidWay
Loc: earth
    #94339 - 08/10/00 02:14 AM (23 years, 7 months ago)

if you Grok Hip~Hop, Trip~Pop, Flip~Flop Groovz while Ecstatic, FOREST FOR THE TREES will BLOW THY MIND. It's a combination of many forms of Music, best Integrated with Headphones...

It Will change your conception of music...
(use only as directed) :wink:

Anonymous

#94340 - 08/11/00 11:12 PM (23 years, 7 months ago)

There's some sweet hip hop to trip to also. Del the Funky Homosapien and Dr.Octagon/Kool Keith are awesome and trippy but the lyrics could be upsetting in a trip or damn funny. Stuff like Common, Beatnuts, Blacalicious, Black Eyed Peas, Jurassic 5 and Dj Krush are very good. Also Mark Farina's Mushroom Jazz is cool hip hop beats and tripped out jazz. Great stuff

Anonymous

#94341 - 08/12/00 01:58 AM (23 years, 7 months ago)

Anyone like to listen to dancehall Reggae? Go to a West Indian record store and ask them if they have, "any thing that is nice, mellow, and slow groove oriented." Those DJ's keep the same basslines going for like 20 minutes, and they put all of these phaser effects, and digital windchimes in with the music..plus, these use all of these echoing voices that really trip you out (with the Jamaican accents)...Just tell them you want to check out some nice slow mixes by Stone Love Movement, Emporer Sound, David Rodigan, Gold Dust, or ask them for a preferrece.

Another one I recomend is Jimi Hendrix's Live at Monterrey. The whole albumn simple rules. Take your ticket about 45 minutes before you put that albumn on. The whole thing is so rightious and so cool. Right when you get to the guitar solo before Wild Thing, you will be in another world.

Invisiblesir tripsalot
Administrator

#94342 - 08/12/00 04:36 AM (23 years, 7 months ago)

Apart from my fav pinkfloyd and the beatles I can't get enough of the Eagles Hotel California.

--------------------

"Little racoons and old possums 'n' stuff all live up in here. They've got to have a little place to sit." Bob Ross.

Offlinedoctor uggs
old hand
    #94343 - 08/12/00 04:24 PM (23 years, 7 months ago)

i like and agree with most of your suggestions...BUT dont overlook the hip hop genre (to the suprise of many, its not just violent mysoginistic drivel)...here are a couple of suggestions:
1-kool keith aka:dr doom /dr octagon /rythm-x /robbie analog /black elvis...check out the LP "octegonycologist" under dr octagon pseudonym...
2-organized konfusion: not too muh of their music is "trippy" but DEFINITELY give the song "releasing hypnotical gases" a listen
3-de la soul: 3 feet high and rising...some silly skits, but this LP is as trippy as hip hop gets.

a non hip hop suggestion: radiohead's "OK computer"...track 3-"subterranean homesick alien" is my choice for a great trip song (and no its not a dylan cover)

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates