Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinephreakod98
Dood
Male

Loc: Maine
Uncolonized Substrate
    #9427362 - 12/13/08 10:41 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

OK most of the time when Ive had questions a quick search answered them pretty quickly but this time i havent been able to find an answer.  I had tried to colonize 10 half pint jars of brf and verm and only four of them actually colonized.  I think it was because i had to steam sterilize them in two groups, six the first time and four the last, and on the first group i didnt wait long enough before inoculating them and the heat killed the spores.

Any way, my question is, if i steam sterilized these six again, would i be able to reuse the jars? would there be too much chance for contams or maybe not enough moisture?

This is my first grow and Im hoping for some nice fruits for not so much money, if i dont have to waste the jars i dont really want to.

Thanks in advance for any info

--------------------
The possibility of physical and mental collapse is now very real. No sympathy for the Devil, keep that in mind. Buy the ticket, take the ride. :fearandloathing:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleShroominit
Part Time Mycologist

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Uncolonized Substrate [Re: phreakod98]
    #9427376 - 12/13/08 10:44 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

General consensus is to toss the contents of the jars. The moisture could be/probably is off. Also they've been sitting wet for quite some time I imagine.

I would say start over. Sorry =/

You could spawn your others to bulk.

OfflineCascadian
Feel like a Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cascadia
Re: Uncolonized Substrate [Re: Shroominit]
    #9427672 - 12/13/08 11:47 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

All you're gonna have to re-purchase is a couple of cups of brown rice flour and a few cups of vermiculite.  You're looking at maybe a three dollar expenditure, tops, to get as much as what, over an ounce of mushrooms from 6 cakes?

If you bought a spore syringe, 1 cc of spore solution costs you more than the substrate to fill that jar.  Why throw that money away if you have better chances of success with some fresh flour and verm?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds