Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineshroomizzy
Souless
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Center of the Room
Heat Problem ?
    #941925 - 10/08/02 05:38 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

for colonizing a myco grow bag would a reptile heating pad thing work if i put it underneath the box that the myco bag is in? theres already a fish tank heater in a plastic pitcher of water that doesnt seem to be working very well, the temp is around 80 right now, is that enough for colonizing?

--------------------
:::::Sincerely Yours, I disown you:::::

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibletripndicular
My Minds Eye IsRhizomorphic

Loc: Bowels of HELL
Re: Heat Problem ? [Re: shroomizzy]
    #941939 - 10/08/02 05:46 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Those are meant to be attached under an aquarium , do not think would work under cardboard .
Try putting your box above the fridge , or maybe over your stove/oven , I do this do to sun hits that area of house , which helps with ambient temps , at night when it cools down dinner is cooked kicking up temp enough to get thru to next day .
80*F will be okay , just not at peak growth temp (86*F) , so will be a "little" slower .
Good Luck

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .
So with that said here is our mission statement .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

Invisiblesolidstate
journeyman
Re: Heat Problem ? [Re: shroomizzy]
    #941941 - 10/08/02 05:49 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

80F should be fine for bags, as colonization proceeds the substrate will begin producing heat (thermogenesis), if internal substrate temps get much above 95F thermophilic contams such as black pin mold & various bacterium could awaken, though this is rare.
if you do decide to use a reptile pad, be sure to place a towel or something on top of it, those things can get wicked hot & cook the bottom of the bags

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags