Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflinebruisedBlue
nihilisticmystic
Re: Letter from a Congressman... [Re: trendal]
    #957117 - 10/13/02 04:12 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Gee.......thanks. Your "Canadian perspective" sounds like the back cover of a poorly written distopia novel. You don't live here, yet you are so confident when you assert that all Americans are "slaves with only the illusion of control over their lives". I am an American. I wake up everyday and do as I please. I am well aware of the ploys for control that exist in this country and I am well aware that a large percentage of the population is simply willfully ignorant and simply assimilate and beLIEve whatever the media tells them. But America is a great enironment for anyone who wishes to think and live for themselves. Everyday I wake up, listen to music, enjoy opulent food, excercise musical talents which I have cultivated (play drums and piano and stuff) go out and about, hang out with friends, study different languages and music theory and science at school, go out in the wilderness, hike around, camp, dance around campfires and partake of the divine ambrosia on occasion. In fact, I am pleased to say that in an ongoing lucid dream I've been having, I am cultivating my own flesh of the god at this very moment.
In case you're wondering what my point is......well......basically it is foolish and ignorant to view the "American People" as one big herd. We are a country of individuals, we are people, everywhere in the world. Bullshit and politics exists at every level. I am fortunate to live in a country which i percieve to have a high level, and love of, freedom. If this is just an "illusion" as you claim, well it works for me!

By the way, why don't you think about "illusion" for a moment..........
You come on a board essentially dedicated to the consumption of psilocybin mushrooms......yet you speak of illusion as if ALL LIFE WASN'T JUST ONE BIG ILLUSION.. Just think about it pal. Seratonin is the biggest "halucinogen" there is and everyday its pumps through the brains of everyone on the planet. You speak as though you have yet to see across the veil of the BIG ILLUSION we all call REALITY.

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies