Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineGetHyphae
Stranger

Help w/ B+...1st grow now in FC
    #9411648 - 12/11/08 09:28 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Hello all,

I am excited to finally have an acct. to post with instead o just reading other peoples.

Here is my dilemma..
The below pics are of B+...some were put into casings, some were left as cakes (I have them in a separate container.

The Casings...
One on the left was cased about a week after the one on the right...the pin on the one on the right has been growing for several days but no other pins have emerged. I am not sure what to do. I am fanning several times daily and misting a couple of those times. The one on the left looks like it has good rhizomorphic growth starting that may lead to pins.

The cakes...
I have had them in there for a little over a week. There was primordia on the cakes before I birthed them but none of them have pinned yet. Although within the last couple of days it seems the myc. is getting whiter and stronger on most of them so I am hoping for pinning. I am fanning and misting several times a day.

If you guys need any more info I would be glad, I just want to see my pins!

Thanks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDNBplus
true stoner

Re: Help w/ B+...1st grow now in FC [Re: GetHyphae]
    #9411695 - 12/11/08 09:40 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Trust me man give it time it may take p to 1-2 weeks for pinning.if you case your cakes it take about 3-4 days for the mycelum network to become one again.

OfflineDNBplus
true stoner

Re: Help w/ B+...1st grow now in FC [Re: DNBplus]
    #9411705 - 12/11/08 09:41 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

and by looking at the pics of the cakes you took,it looks like you should be seeing pins any time now just wait it out

OfflineiMtRiPpIn
Lookin' fer Luv
 User Gallery

#9411713 - 12/11/08 09:44 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Make sure your RH is up around the 95% level.

--------------------

OfflineGetHyphae
Stranger

#9411716 - 12/11/08 09:44 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Thanks. I was just worried cause that 1 pin came and then no others. Should I pick that one off soon or do you think it will mature?

OfflineDNBplus
true stoner

#9411725 - 12/11/08 09:46 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

if the head turns black pick it because that means that it had died and can may cause mold and bac.

Invisible200proofhonky
bluethumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: Timbucktoo
Re: Help w/ B+...1st grow now in FC [Re: iMtRiPpIn]
    #9411735 - 12/11/08 09:48 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

iMtRiPpIn said:
Make sure your RH is up around the 95% level.

rh is important for pinning...id say thats your prob. if u dont get pins in a week or so.

--------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
They try to take away everything God gave us,yet...
our money still says "In God We Trust".
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You take a mortal man and put him in control,
Watch him become a God,watch peoples heads a'roll.
If you kill a man then your a murderer,kill many an your a conqueror, kill them all and your a God.

OfflineDNBplus
true stoner

#9411746 - 12/11/08 09:50 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

if you dont mind me asking, where did you order your spores from,I have oredered 30 b+ syringes from 2 differnt sites and I am useing the same tek that I have been using for ya year and can get no sighs of growth,I am thinking it is the spores and not me.i HAVE RAN 5 diffefrent experiments to see what the problem is and still no results.

OfflineDNBplus
true stoner

Re: Help w/ B+...1st grow now in FC [Re: 200proofhonky]
    #9411768 - 12/11/08 09:54 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

It sounds to me like his rh is fine,he just started seeing the hyper white mycilum a few days ago.In my case it took about almost 1 week after that for the pinning to start

OfflineGetHyphae
Stranger

#9411773 - 12/11/08 09:54 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Got them from Sporeworks.

Yeah...when I first put the cakes in about a week ago I just put them on perlite--no misting or anything. About 2 days ago I started to mist and thats when that extra white growth took off. Also misting the casings very lightly a couple times a day now.

OfflineDNBplus
true stoner

#9411785 - 12/11/08 09:56 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

to much rh can cause you yo yeild very small mushrooms

Invisible200proofhonky
bluethumb
Male User Gallery

#9411792 - 12/11/08 09:57 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

DNBplus said:
if you dont mind me asking, where did you order your spores from,I have oredered 30 b+ syringes from 2 differnt sites and I am useing the same tek that I have been using for ya year and can get no sighs of growth,I am thinking it is the spores and not me.i HAVE RAN 5 diffefrent experiments to see what the problem is and still no results.

dude,thats insane!....was it a shroomery vendor?

--------------------
If you kill a man then your a murderer,kill many an your a conqueror, kill them all and your a God.

OfflineDNBplus
true stoner

#9411796 - 12/11/08 09:58 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

WTF I got mine from the works also!!!And I have been growing for a year now and have never had this problem

OfflineDNBplus
true stoner

#9411807 - 12/11/08 10:01 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

I even ordered a pre made rye berry bag and knocked it up and still had no signs of growth

Invisible200proofhonky
bluethumb
Male User Gallery

#9411812 - 12/11/08 10:01 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

DNBplus said:
to much rh can cause you yo yeild very small mushrooms

i know your trying 2 help but please dont spread misinformation...it would be damn near impossible 2 have rh too high for mushrooms...if you search it u will see..

--------------------

OfflineDNBplus
true stoner

#9411887 - 12/11/08 10:15 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

same to you my friend,if you read on the shroomery cultivation guides that over 100% rh can cause  contamination,and also cause the mushroom that grow to be small due to the amount of rh and lack of air exchange.

OfflineDNBplus
true stoner

#9411892 - 12/11/08 10:16 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

dont take me the wrong way I am by no means a pro but I have been resarching and growing for a year now

OfflineDNBplus
true stoner

#9411899 - 12/11/08 10:18 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

to much humidity can also cause mutations (research that)

OfflineDNBplus
true stoner

#9411901 - 12/11/08 10:19 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

I am speaking not only from the info I have obtained but also personal experience

Invisible200proofhonky
bluethumb
Male User Gallery

#9411921 - 12/11/08 10:25 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

i understand your point and its valid but most,if not all of those symptoms you are listing are a result of high rh+lack of fae...high rh alone does not cause these things.

--------------------

OfflineGetHyphae
Stranger

#9411923 - 12/11/08 10:25 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Also, the closet I had the stuff in was probably around 63degreesF most of the time----I just moved the chambers next to my heater so they should probably be more around high 60's and 70's---hope that will help.

OfflineKingman
Shroomer
 User Gallery

#9411924 - 12/11/08 10:26 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

damn dude ^, you can edit your posts instead of posting 4-5 in a row.. but anyways, I have never heard of too high humidity causing mutations. Also, you'll see pins very soon, they're getting there man, give it time.

--------------------

OfflineDNBplus
true stoner

#9412029 - 12/11/08 10:50 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

I know but if you read the conditions I dint even think the cakes have been in a chamber for very long.In my cause it took about 1 week for the mycelium to turn hyper white and then after that it took about 4-7 days for the pinning to start.Keep in mind also that these cheap ass hydrometers that are are bought from Lowe's and wal mart are about 5% off.that means if your hydrometer reads 98% it might realy be 103% or 90%.I have grow off of rye cakes,BRF,and now I have moved to bulk manure substrate.I say wait it out about 1 week then start to worry

OfflineDNBplus
true stoner

#9412131 - 12/11/08 11:09 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

I agree with you on that the lack of air exchange and high humidity can cause mutations.Give me some time I will find the info that I read about to much humidity can cause a small yield,the way I obtained that info was by researching for an answer to a problem that I was having and that was the only answer I could come up with that fits the problem,I will try to find that info so I can post it for you(not to be like some little brat trying to say I told you so,I just want to share the info that I was given)Like I said befor I am not a pro I am here to learn and help to the best of my ability.Hell,I first opened this account to get some advice from some people on a problem that I was having,I am new to posting things if you cant tell already.

Invisible200proofhonky
bluethumb
Male User Gallery

#9412152 - 12/11/08 11:14 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

DNBplus said:
I agree with you on that the lack of air exchange and high humidity can cause mutations.Give me some time I will find the info that I read about to much humidity can cause a small yield,the way I obtained that info was by researching for an answer to a problem that I was having and that was the only answer I could come up with that fits the problem,I will try to find that info so I can post it for you(not to be like some little brat trying to say I told you so,I just want to share the info that I was given)Like I said befor I am not a pro I am here to learn and help to the best of my ability.Hell,I first opened this account to get some advice from some people on a problem that I was having,I am new to posting things if you cant tell already.

no worries,just a friendly debate:thumbup: nothing i could find about rh reflects this though...were u using multispore when this happened? small/mutated mushrooms could be genetic.

--------------------

OfflineDNBplus
true stoner

#9412167 - 12/11/08 11:18 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

I agree,but not for the sake of saying I"told you so" I will try to pull up the info that I obtained that informed me that my humidity ways to high and that is way I yeilded small mushrooms.Like I said befor I am not a pro,I signed up on this forum to get some advice on a problem I was having.And if I can help someone out in the process I will try to the best of my knowledge.Humidity over 100% is not good for indoor growing conditions

OfflineDNBplus
true stoner

#9412213 - 12/11/08 11:30 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

yea it was muti spores but from the same syringe that i grew 32 dried grames of monsters off 3 brf cakes

OfflineDNBplus
true stoner

#9412233 - 12/11/08 11:34 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

But thats not my problem now,I am experincing something totaly fucked up and I need some real pro help

OfflineDNBplus
true stoner

Re: Help w/ B+...1st grow now in FC [Re: Kingman]
    #9412773 - 12/11/08 01:28 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Mycelium growing on mushroom caps is a sign of high humidity, but not that big of a deal most of the time.

OfflineDNBplus
true stoner

#9412793 - 12/11/08 01:31 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Just felt like adding a few bits of info to prove that you can suffer from very high humidity

Invisible200proofhonky
bluethumb
Male User Gallery

#9412855 - 12/11/08 01:45 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

we cant keep discussing this here...do the pm thing...were off topic

--------------------

OfflineGetHyphae
Stranger

#9412989 - 12/11/08 02:10 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Thank you, and thank you all for your responses, I will try and update ina few days.

OfflineGetHyphae
Stranger

#9423638 - 12/13/08 11:17 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

UPDATE

2 days later. 2 more pins have popped up yesterday on the one with the pin. The original pin is several inches tall now. Should I be expecting this casing to be pinning alot soon?

InvisibleJ3illy
Trainee

#9424032 - 12/13/08 12:53 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

DNBplus said:
to much humidity can also cause mutations (research that)
that means if your hydrometer reads 98% it might realy be 103% or 90%. 
Humidity over 100% is not good for indoor growing conditions

What are you talking about?  You can't have humidity over 100%, lol.  At 100% RH, the air is at it's saturation point, and cannot hold anymore moisture without it literally falling as rain.  And I've also never heard of too high of a %RH causing mutations.  You want your RH to be as high as possible.  Maybe your talking about so much moisture that it literally is "raining" and soaking everything? I dunno, but if you can nail 99% RH, you're golden IMO.  And also, with proper calibration of your hyGrometer for high RH, it should be accurate enough for our purposes.

And to the OP - all you can do is have patience at this point, like everyone is saying.  I have some Mycobags, and my 1st one looked fully colonized for over a couple weeks, and I didn't know why it wasn't pinning.  I thought it was NEVER gonna pin, lol.  Then all of a sudden I noticed my 1st couple pins, and got nervous cuz I didn't think the substrate had enough moisture.  I cut the bag open and was gonna dunk it, but figured I'd just mist it.  Literally 3 days later, I have 30-40 in there, and harvested my 1st big ones last night for sampling, and everything was well worth the wait!

OfflineDNBplus
true stoner

#9424085 - 12/13/08 01:02 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

with my experience the caseing takes a bit longer to pin than the cakes.

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
    #9424119 - 12/13/08 01:09 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

DNBplus said:
Just felt like adding a few bits of info to prove that you can suffer from very high humidity

Knock it off please.  There is NO such thing as too much humidity, so stop repeating yourself endlessly.  Mushrooms thrive in 100% humidity, and that's why we shoot for that. Humidity does NOT cause fuzz to grow on stems or anything else.  Humidity does NOT cause small fruits. Humidity at 100% does NOT cause mutants. It's also a physical impossibility to have over 100% relative humidity. Please learn the facts before arguing.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

OfflineBassgasm
Bassgasmic

Loc: Valley of the cache.
Re: Help w/ B+...1st grow now in FC [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #9424232 - 12/13/08 01:31 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

:dancingbacon:
Told.

And to the creator of this thread, keep trying man. I just knocked up a few jars on thurs and am still waiting, but it's also cold as shit in my house so it should take a while.

Keep up the good work, :thumbup:.

Anyways, good luck brother.

--------------------
" PREPARE, to get more stonder!"

" Boo ".." It's Gobble you dumb ass Halloween was a month ago!"

klondike_bar said:
I almost got a pic, then my general curiosity overcame me and i ate the goo :crazy:

"The core of mans' spirit comes from new experiences."

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder